PDA

View Full Version : U.S. release date?

Arthurdent_78
02-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Has anyone heard anything about when FFIV DS is being released in the U.S.? I keep checking the web but not seeing anything new, since the Japanese release, but maybe I'm not checking in the right places...

I'm anticipating this more than any other game in a while:excited: !!!!

Roogle
02-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Square Enix has not announced a North American release for Final Fantasy IV on the Nintendo DS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_IV_DS#_note-0); however, video game publications have speculated at an eventual release outside of Japan, so an announcement may be forthcoming in the near future.

Arthurdent_78
02-27-2008, 04:07 PM
yeah, if they released FF3 DS, one would think they'd certainly release FFIV.

Then again, FF3 hadn't officially been released in the U.S. previously, so...

Roogle
02-27-2008, 04:19 PM
I think that a localization is fairly likely. The game may not appeal to a majority of the North American gaming audience, but, at the same time, it is a Nintendo DS title and has a fairly high potential to be profitable from a marketing standpoint.

Bakamut
03-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Well, since Final Fantasy is a very successful series, I think it's pretty likely that IV DS will be released in the US.

I can't wait for this game...

Crossblades
03-19-2008, 03:28 AM
It will eventually get released in the US. We'll probably see it released in the summer or the fall of this year.

Evastio
03-19-2008, 03:38 AM
I've got this bad feeling that FFIV DS will be one of those Japan Only games... :sweat:

Crossblades
03-19-2008, 03:40 AM
I've got this bad feeling that FFIV DS will be one of those Japan Only games... :sweat:

Name one FF game that the US never got...besides the cell phone games >.>

Takara
03-19-2008, 04:02 AM

Name one FF game that the US never got...besides the cell phone games >.>

The original FFII, FFIII, and FFV. Oh, and if you want to be technicall, the original non-EasyType FFIV.

Note that I said originals.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-19-2008, 05:11 AM
Name one FF game that the US never got...besides the cell phone games >.>the original non-EasyType FFIV.We got that in the PlayStation port.

And for the record, the version of FFIV we initially got wasn't EasyType. There's one that never made it out of Japan.

Takara
03-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Oh, right, the version we had originally wasn't easy-type. It was the original with tons of items removed, but with regular-sprite Zeromus.

PSX release doesn't count. I said "originals". If it was released here, it should have been on the SNES.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-19-2008, 09:04 PM
But the PlayStation version is the exact same game that was released on the Super Famicom. It is the original version, just on a different platform.

Takara
03-20-2008, 06:18 AM
But the loading times are horrid! :O

Vyk
03-20-2008, 11:45 PM
If you want to play you have to PAY (with your soul [or with patience])

Takara
04-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Well, it's not an announcement of a release date for North America, but...

Final Fantasy IV on the way to the U.S. - DS Fanboy (http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/03/31/final-fantasy-iv-on-the-way-to-the-u-s/)

Still no date, but the article supposedly has English screenshots, which, if confirmed, could mean an English localisation is in the works.

Anyone who reads NP can confirm?