PDA

View Full Version : Element Materia

Old Man
02-28-2008, 05:13 PM
I just started to play FFVII again. I am trying this time to get every item in the game and last night I noticed that I missed the Element Materia in Midgar. Question is do you find it anyware else? or do I have to wait till disc 3 ? . I am still on disc 1 and could start over........ but I do not want to.

Flying Mullet
02-28-2008, 05:15 PM
There's a couple more later in the game: Support Materia - Final Fantasy VII - Eyes on Final Fantasy - FF7 (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff7/materia_sup.php)

Comet
02-28-2008, 08:16 PM
lol dont worry, by the end of the game i had like 4 element materias, which i barely used.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah there's one somewhere on Mt. Nibel, and to get the one at Tifa's house, play the piano as Tifa. Or try to lol.

Roogle
03-05-2008, 03:56 PM
You will come across another Elemental Materia later on Disk 1. I am not sure if you can ever get the one that you missed at Midgar, though, as that is in the Shinra Headquarters.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-05-2008, 05:25 PM
You can't. As soon as you guess twice at the Mayor's game, or encounter Rude in the Shinra Elevator (or possibly earlier at the HO512 or something fight), you lose it. When you return to the Shinra Bldg. (if you use the chance during the return to Midgar mission), I think the Mayor is gone. Pretty sure about that. I definitely don't think he'll let you play his game for a keycard again.

It's not a huge deal missing out on it, although you miss out on being able to use it between then and Nibelheim. You might have accumulated enough AP to get a star just by going through the game and having it equipped the whole time, but on disc 3 you can easily get more AP and have it reproduce and pretend like you got the other elemental. Unfortunately at that point in the game it's not as useful as other materia you get like uh knights of the round lol.

Heath
03-05-2008, 10:27 PM
I always thought Elemental was a good idea for a support materia but one that I ultimately very rarely used except for on disc one for the odd boss battle.