PDA

View Full Version : favorite strategy for the final battle on ff8?

Ryukono
02-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Whats your favorite strategy for fighting ultimecia?

What i like to do is before i enter the battle i refine my bahamut card into 100 megalixir's, put item command on rinoa, put item command on zell, and also make sure your stocked with 100 aura's on each char, once i enter the battle i kill everyone off until i have my party of squall rinoa and zell, cast aura on squall and zell so they get their limits quickly then keep using their limits and make sure squall has the lionhart so that he can use that sometimes and hopefully enough to kill her, repeat this using megalixirs whenever anyone in your party becomes wounded. ^_^

i use this strategy on all the forms and i havent lost yet :P

note: this strategy works well for fighting omega weapon too, but may i suggest that you have hero drinks in your inventory if you decide to use this strategy against omega

Xurts
02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Cast Doomtrain and Cerebrus, triple cast Aura, and spam limit breaks. It's Holy Wars that you want instead of Hero Drinks, since they affect your entire party. Omega can easily be killed without them though.

Ryukono
02-28-2008, 09:00 PM
yeshhhh exactly =]
i killed omega without hero drinks or holy wars
i was just suggesting to use em to make the battle a little bit easier =]

Bolivar
02-28-2008, 09:50 PM
first time i beat it, i killed off everyone except squall, zell, and irvine, spammed limit breaks while making sure protect, shell, and aura were always on.

Now I just go with the flow of battle with whoever's in my party, so if you get screwed out of reviving a character it's not that big of a deal. I just aura one of the 3 above and use the others for support, making sure we're always at optimum. And I did use holy war, although it really wasn't necessary.

Corrugo
02-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Anytime I actually reached the 4th Disc (A lot of the time I'd get bored of the game after getting all the GFs, Ultimate Weapons, Cards, Leveling up) I was strong as heck and just unleased LionHearts, Ultimas, Holys, maybe used a few Holy Wars. I never had much trouble with that battle.

Big D
02-29-2008, 07:32 AM
First move: Cast Triple on someone.

Second move: That character casts Triple on everyone

Third: Aura on everyone

Fourth: Holy War

Fifth: Limit Breaks! for great justice.

Repeat steps as necessary for a methodical and predictable win.

Ryukoness
02-29-2008, 09:23 AM

What i like to do is before i enter the battle i refine my bahamut card into 100 megalixir's, put item command on rinoa, put item command on zell, and also make sure your stocked with 100 aura's on each char, once i enter the battle i kill everyone off until i have my party of squall rinoa and zell, cast aura on squall and zell so they get their limits quickly then keep using their limits and make sure squall has the lionhart so that he can use that sometimes and hopefully enough to kill her, repeat this using megalixirs whenever anyone in your party becomes wounded. ^_^

note: this strategy works well for fighting omega weapon too, but may i suggest that you have hero drinks in your inventory if you decide to use this strategy against omega

hayyy baby ilu

Ryukoness
02-29-2008, 09:27 AM

^_^ baby i luv u

PuPu
03-01-2008, 01:08 AM
I use the same strategy of casting Aura on all my characters, except I let my characters stay at 1 HP when Ultimecia or Omega use Hell's Judgement or Megido Flame. With 1HP, Squall has a higher chance of doing more hits with Renzokuken, Zell has more Duel time, Rinoa has a better chance of using Wishing Star, etc. Seriously, with this strategy, I beat Omega right after he used Megido Flame and never got to use another attack. Of course, it doesn't work like this with Ultimecia. You MUST wait for her to say "And..." before you can kill her. Even if you reduce her HP to 0, she can still attack you and can't kill her until she says "And..."

blackmage_nuke
03-01-2008, 06:50 AM
Angel Wing + Meteor
Aura + Lionheart
100 mega elixers

Thats it

f f freak
03-01-2008, 11:36 AM
I prefer the simple Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack.
Really, with the right Junctions you don't need to do anything else. Maybe I should try a no Junction game. That's if I can stand Rinoa one more time.

rubah
03-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Be ridiculously overpowered.

Zeromus_X
03-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Cast Aura, Haste, and other status buffs. Cast Meltdown. Pummel her with Limits until she dies. Heal with Megalixirs as necessary.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-02-2008, 11:37 PM
go for the face

Kappy
03-03-2008, 01:10 PM
go for the face

:laugh: :laugh:

I usually use the 'ol tried and tested method of Meltdown on the enemy, Aura and Haste on Squall. Works for most of the uber bosses.

Roogle
03-03-2008, 04:59 PM
I believe that I defeated Ultimecia without fully utilizing the Junction System due to a lack of understanding on my part. I remember having to use a number of magic spells and Guardian Forces as my main method of attack.