PDA

View Full Version : Yuna's Final Aeon

Skyblade
02-28-2008, 06:58 PM
When Yuna reaches Zanarkand, she chooses to end her pilgrimage and not claim the Final Aeon. However, had she chosen to make one of her companions the fayth for the Final Summoning, who do you think it should have been, and why?

I tossed Seymour in there just in case any of you guys actually like him and want to see him destroy Spira.

Renmiri
02-28-2008, 08:24 PM
No, don't like Seymour, but would like to see him killed and turned into Sin :p

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-28-2008, 08:44 PM
tidus ftw! i just wanted to see if it would cause a paradox in the fayth! XD

wakka might have been cool, to see this 100ft gigantic killing machine say "this is cool ya?" :D

FFIX Choco Boy
02-28-2008, 09:02 PM
I voted Kimahri, cause he just seems to fit the part, since he's quiet and always wants to guard Yuna and be with her. It just would have made sense to make them both die in the same battle. Plus, I hate Kimahri and wanted to be able to kill him in a future FF10 game as Sin, but it won't happen I guess.

Pete for President
02-28-2008, 09:27 PM
wakka might have been cool, to see this 100ft gigantic killing machine say "this is cool ya?" :D

Or throw around a giant flaming blitzball =).

I think it would be either Kimahri or Tidus.

BG-57
02-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Of the Guardians I think Lulu or Kimahri would be the most likely to agree to it. I voted Kimahri, although Lulu would be a close second.

On a side note I'd always pictured that if Leblanc from FFX-2 became a Final Aeon she's end up looking like Siren (especially her FFVIII form).

rubah
02-28-2008, 10:20 PM
it'd probably been kimarhi, I think.

Jessweeee♪
02-28-2008, 11:33 PM

Me too :p

ReloadPsi
02-28-2008, 11:38 PM

Just like Jecht.

Lulu FTW.

Big D
02-29-2008, 12:00 AM
I don't think it'd be possible for Auron or Tidus to become the Final Aeon, though Auron would make one hell of a powerful opponent. .:edit:. of course, Jecht proves that Tidus could do it without a hitch.

My money would be on Lulu to become the Final Aeon. She volunteered almost as soon as the party discovered the truth, and she's a strong woman so she'd make a strong Final Aeon too. I wouldn't want to see her die only to become a new Sin, though, since she's got enough sadness to deal with in FFX without condemning her to that kind of existence.

Jessweeee♪
02-29-2008, 02:29 PM

Just like Jecht.

Lulu FTW.

Oh.

Right.

Skyblade
02-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I don't think it'd be possible for Auron or Tidus to become the Final Aeon, though Auron would make one hell of a powerful opponent. .:edit:. of course, Jecht proves that Tidus could do it without a hitch.

I wouldn't have put Auron in, since he's unsent, except that Seymour seemed to think that being unsent didn't really matter, because he kept trying to become Sin after that.

Captain Maxx Power
02-29-2008, 07:13 PM
If it had been Wakka then I know exactly what the Final Aeon would have looked like;

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/7/o/2/bender.jpg

f f freak
02-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I think Lulu would have been a good choice, though I wouldn't want to have seen her die and become Sin as well as Yuna dieing. Kimahri would be a good choice also.

thegirth
02-29-2008, 10:52 PM
rikku, just so sin can be an al bhed

Skyblade
02-29-2008, 11:27 PM
rikku, just so sin can be an al bhed

All those eyes glowing green... :D

Tavrobel
03-01-2008, 12:20 AM
I don't like Seymour, but seeing him as Sin would be hilarious. Total Annihilation!

Maxx, that picture would also apply to Kimahri. Either way, it would be indestructible.

blackmage_nuke
03-01-2008, 06:26 AM
I think she should have 7 final aeons

Then thered be 7 deadly sins!

cally777
03-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Skyblade, I cannot believe you beat me to this topic! Well, I don't care, I'm going to have my own anyway!

What I'd like to know is, have you read Auron Lu's excellent short fic, Venus Rising (http://www.ficwad.com/story/14367)? (you have to be registered with Ficwad). No prizes for guessing who is the Final Aeon here.

For now, I'll just say Lulu would be an excellent Final Aeon. If you take her at the end of her path, she will have huge evasion and magic resistance, making her very tough to beat (get those overdrives out!) plus Flare and Death (don't let her get to overdrive herself or you are goners!)

And she would look fantastic (a lot better than Jecht for sure).

:choc::choc::choc:

Crossblades
03-01-2008, 11:47 PM
I probably would've chosen Auron. His mysterious nature would've fit well if he agreed to it

Anno Domini
03-03-2008, 10:42 PM
love (vomit) would produce the strongest final aeon, therfore i choose tidus. however, i think it would be neat to see seymours final aeon. maybe it could have the blue spike hair too!

LunarWeaver
03-05-2008, 01:12 AM
As long as Wakka-Aeon keeps his hair, I am all for that.

Momiji
03-05-2008, 01:21 AM
love (vomit) would produce the strongest final aeon, therfore i choose tidus. however, i think it would be neat to see seymours final aeon. maybe it could have the blue spike hair too!

Tidus-sin would be emo and cry tears of death onto Spira. :sweat:

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-05-2008, 01:10 PM
7 deadly sins! lol! nice on blackmage ;)

Roogle
03-06-2008, 04:42 PM
When the game was first released, there was a topic at another message board about a similar subject and how the game could have continued on a bad ending path in which Yuna decides to sacrifice one of her guardians.

Everyone discussed various ways that a Final Aeon could have been implemented in the game, and a dissecting storyline was widely regarded as the best method rather than providing only what if scenarios.

I believe that the dissecting storyline evolved into Yuna being able to choose from her core guardians. I recall users agreeing that Rikku would not have agreed to the process and would have left the party upon finding out that Yuna was willing to go through with it despite knowing everything was a lie, so Rikku was not able to become a Final Aeon no matter what. It was an interesting brainstorming session.

Irish Vincent
03-11-2008, 10:33 PM
I choose Riku because

A: It would torture Yuna.

and

B:She's the closest thing there is to choosing Yuna.
Why would I want Yuna dead? Aeons aside, shes the weakest FF character in all existance that I know of. and I hate her. Did I mention that she's weak?

rubah
03-12-2008, 04:46 AM
I take it you never bothered to level her up 8) The nirvana makes a very satisfied THUNK when you crit hit for 99999+.

(that is, the normal hit would've been 99999 anyways, but the critical hit makes the nicer sound :D or maybe the armor piercing. whatev.)

Bakamut
03-12-2008, 11:23 AM
If the poll is about who I would want as Yuna's final Aeon, I would choose Wakka as he is my least favourite character (aside from Seymour). If the game was to continue then I wouldn't have to put up with him anymore. And well, if Seymour was the final Aeon I wouldn't get the pleasure of beating him in the end! However, the most likely final aeon would probably be Kimahri as he's always been there to protect Yuna and would willingly give up his life for her.

Irish Vincent
03-15-2008, 05:23 AM
Tidus-sin would be emo and cry tears of death onto Spira. :sweat:
Seconded

I take it you never bothered to level her up 8) The nirvana makes a very satisfied THUNK when you crit hit for 99999+.

(that is, the normal hit would've been 99999 anyways, but the critical hit makes the nicer sound :D or maybe the armor piercing. whatev.)
I did try to level her, she was too weak to gain any sphere lvls.

leejihoon
03-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Kimahri is already very monster-like and so the appearence of the final aeon wouldnt' be that amazing comapred to regular Kimahri.

I once saw a fanart of Tidus as a final aeon... it was awesome. ^^
But, I think Lulu or Wakka would make the most interesting final aeon.

Heath
04-02-2008, 01:26 AM
I didn't really consider Kimahri before I read this thread but I think it seems pretty appropriate now. However, my initial thoughts were Lulu and I think she'd be the one to go through with it. Lulu has done pilgrimages in the past and I think that would drive her - at least in part - to see it through to the end. I wouldn't want it to have been Lulu but I think that she'd be the most willing and probably the most able to deal with the mental and emotional strain of what would be required (i.e. essentially self-sacrifice).

Egami
06-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Kimahri would be the best option. I think his bond with Yuna is very strong and he has been protecting her since she was a small child. He is also the last Ronso (Seymour killed all the others, or so he says).

Muse Junkie
07-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Lulu. I mean everyone has already stated why, but I just think she would be a bad-ass final aeon.