PDA

View Full Version : I solved the universe

qwertysaur
02-29-2008, 06:25 AM
This came from a conversation with one of my friends at dinner. Since black holes can collide and make bigger black holes, eventually a big enough black hole will form. This black hole can draw the matter across the universe to a point, and start a big bang.:p

So, what do you talk about when you eat dinner?

Aerith's Knight
02-29-2008, 06:28 AM
I solved the universe

42!

TyphoonThaReapa
02-29-2008, 06:29 AM
A'yo, probably along the same lines as you qwertyxsora. But rarely because I really don't pay much attention to others while I'm eating. and we rarely eat at an table for dinner...:rolleyes2

theundeadhero
02-29-2008, 06:33 AM
My mouth is usually full of food so I don't talk much. That's not a very polite thing to do.

Araciel
02-29-2008, 06:33 AM
I eat at dinner.

NeoCracker
02-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Other people pay attention to me while I eat.

Makes me feel special.

Aerith's Knight
02-29-2008, 06:34 AM

Makes me feel special.

made me laugh for some reason xD

Rantz
02-29-2008, 06:35 AM
I eat alone mostly, so if I wanted to talk I'd have to talk to myself. Which I don't :shifty:

rubah
02-29-2008, 06:41 AM
So what kind of beings inhabited the last universe?

qwertysaur
02-29-2008, 06:56 AM
I don't know, but they are dead now.

The Ceej
02-29-2008, 12:57 PM
So what kind of beings inhabited the last universe?

I don't know, but they are dead now.

Not necessarily. If time is circular, we could be the beings in question.

Caraliz
02-29-2008, 01:00 PM
I eat alone mostly, so if I wanted to talk I'd have to talk to myself. Which I don't :shifty:
That's so sad. :cry: Come over for dinner, Rantzien.

Rantz
02-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Aw, but then I'd have to put on pants. :(

Balzac
02-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I talk to Liz while I eat dinner, though, she has no idea I'm eating dinner at the time.

Namelessfengir
02-29-2008, 02:17 PM

Makes me feel special.

they're trying to tell you to close your damn mouth when you chew!!!

LunarWeaver
02-29-2008, 05:43 PM
I always eat alone in my room :jess: But I watch The View reruns and pretend I'm one of them to keep me company.

Madame Adequate
02-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Incorrect, for two reasons: First, it seems the universe is accelereting away too fast to be pulled back together. Second, Hawking radiation, if real, means some black holes evaporate.

As for dinner, it tends to be yelling at the news.

Jojee
02-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah.... last time I had dinner with a friend we talked about guys and clothes and law school? o_<

Quindiana Jones
02-29-2008, 06:10 PM
I think there was a massive vacuum of high energy repulsive gravity, forcing everything outwards. Then, for reasons unknown, it changed into a low energy attractive gravity that caused everything to rush in suddenly. Then BOOM! Headshot.

Dinner time is TV time! SHUT THE HELL UP OR GET OUT! :mad2:

scrumpleberry
02-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Whatever happens to be going through my head at the time. Gets me a couple of weird looks but tends to make the conversation start flowing nicely.

i.e:

sberry: "I really like monocles, you know. I think that if they came back into fashion, there'd be ones with like little strawberries and cats and obviously plastic jewels on n' stuff. I might get one."

everyone else: "The hell..? Why would anyone want to wear a monocle?"

random friend: "Mine would be tinted blue."

random friend #2: "Wouldn't that get really annoying after a while, because you'd see blue through one eye but not the other..?"

etc.

KentaRawr!
02-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Time may be circular, but we might not be the beings in question of the last universe. Keep in mind that the Universe is not the entirety of our world, and also that the Big Bang in question may form before the entirety of the world is sucked in, and the galaxies which weren't sucked in would be affected by the blast. Also, we are still being forced out by the last bang at the exact same rate of all other things, if I remember right. The theory of the big bang was formed from the fact that we stared at a specific point, and at that point, everything seemed to be moving away from it at a fixed rate. Also keep in mind that Black Holes aren't holes at all, but merely appear to be holes as their force of gravity brings in light particles, and they cannot reflect out to reach our eyes. But what if it's not their strong gravity that does this? Allegedly, Black Holes also alter the flow of time within their vicinity. What could be at work here? We'll never know. Why would a black hole form an explosion?

demondude
02-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Time is found out by a clock sillies. :rolleyes:

KentaRawr!
02-29-2008, 06:51 PM
If Black Holes slow down the flow of time, what are they slowing down? Is it always at a fixed rate for anything in its vicinity? Does it just slow down the object? How did we even go about figuring this crap out? Does time REALLY go by faster on the moon? Does time exist, or is it merely another thing our minds created for convenience, alongside mathematics?

I think about whatever has been presented to me at dinner. We actually all go to our own spots at dinner, and don't meet at the table.

Peegee
02-29-2008, 07:24 PM
brain..exploding...

Okay anyway, I'm more of a fan of heat death.

Old Manus
02-29-2008, 07:29 PM
You're all wrong. God did it.

~*~Celes~*~
02-29-2008, 07:46 PM
I eat dinner in my room at my computer desk so I end up talking to my boyfriend over dinner :bigsmile: We talk about anything and everything.

We did have a big discussion one night about the wonders of what all could be out there in space...

The Ceej
03-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Time may be circular, but we might not be the beings in question of the last universe. Keep in mind that the Universe is not the entirety of our world, and also that...

Yeah, but if time is, indeed, circular, then we've existed before and we will exist again. Otherwise, it's not circular time, but rather history repeating itself

Does time exist, or is it merely another thing our minds created for convenience, alongside mathematics?

Time has always existed. We just cam up with a way to measure it in the past few thousand years. Once someone told me we invented time, and I told them that was as stupid as saying we invented length and that it didn't exist before the foot.

You notice there are two conversations going on here? The topic and a conversation based on the non sequitur that led to the topic.