PDA

View Full Version : party woooooooo

rubah
02-29-2008, 06:43 AM
How come parties suck so hard? Maybe I'm not invited to the right ones, or maybe it's because I don't go to the ones where there's alcohol, but it seems that even without drugs, raves are much more fun.

(mostly because there isn't any rap music)

Araciel
02-29-2008, 06:44 AM
The majority of people on this site are probably anti-party people.

I don't enjoy parties because I don't enjoy the mingling that happens, I'm more apt to meet people in socially more closed situations.

Strawberry_Mew
02-29-2008, 06:46 AM
I never really party anymore lol. If I wuz going to drink just have a few of my best buddies with me <3

TyphoonThaReapa
02-29-2008, 06:47 AM
The majority of people on this site are probably anti-party people.

I don't enjoy parties because I don't enjoy the mingling that happens, I'm more apt to meet people in socially more closed situations.

Well, some of them are anti-rap people..And that's where it's at parties son!

I don't go to parties and clubs because...well...I'm sort of....shy...

fire_of_avalon
02-29-2008, 06:52 AM
Whateva Typhoon. Whateva.

I like parties. Small ones. Sorry you had a bad party experience.

TyphoonThaReapa
02-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Whateva Typhoon. Whateva.

I like parties. Small ones. Sorry you had a bad party experience.

You hurt my feelings...:(

Araciel
02-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Boys don't have feelings :S

TyphoonThaReapa
02-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Boys don't have feelings :S

Damn...they notice...:shifty:

Breine
02-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Parties are fun. Of course me getting drunk is a big part of that, but still. Hanging out with your friends and having a good time dancing and stuff is pretty priceless.

Also, if a party turns out to be kinda boring, make it fun!

Montoya
02-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Alcohol makes everything fun and reasonable until people start throwing up, but then you give them another beer and the party resumes.:p

NeoCracker
02-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Parties suck.

The only interesting thing thats happened at one is my friend Will started poll dancing. (Yes, he was Sober XD)

XxSephirothxX
02-29-2008, 09:25 AM
It all depends on the people.

Ouch!
02-29-2008, 09:40 AM
As an individual who has made the decision not to drink alcohol, I find that many parties are increasingly dull, as most of my peers (at this age, at least) find alcohol to be a necessity for fun. Whereas most of my friends require alcohol to be secure enough with themselves to act like an idiot at social functions, I do not. As such, I'm able to enjoy myself at parties when something interesting happens--like screaming the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody amidst a crowd of drunks.

Balzac
02-29-2008, 09:54 AM
People need to crank up that Andrew W. K. He makes any party awesome!

Breine
02-29-2008, 09:57 AM
As an individual who has made the decision not to drink alcohol, I find that many parties are increasingly dull, as most of my peers (at this age, at least) find alcohol to be a necessity for fun. Whereas most of my friends require alcohol to be secure enough with themselves to act like an idiot at social functions, I do not. As such, I'm able to enjoy myself at parties when something interesting happens--like screaming the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody amidst a crowd of drunks.

Alcohol is not a necessity.. It just helps a lot :P

o_O
02-29-2008, 10:53 AM
You should come to one of our parties, Allie. There's lots of metal music and then lots of electro and trance when everyone is too drunk to care. :p

Also, yes. :p

Avarice-ness
02-29-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm not a party person, the most I've done is go to a club with a few friends, or go to a friend of a friends house and drink with like 8 other people. Other than that I like laid back hang out time instead of parties with loud music and lots of people.

Captain Maxx Power
02-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Here's a typical breakdown of how a party goes for me;

9.00 - Enter mildly optimistic
9.05 - Get greeted by already drunk patrons while some pratt flails around thinking he's funnier than he is while everyone around him, due to alcohol, believe the same
9.10 - Say hi to the person who invited me, general chit-chat, they knick off
9.15 - Sit near to accompanied friends and watch others with trephidation
9.25 - Butt into a conversation one of my friends is having with someone I don't know
9.30 - Slink away silently after new person looks at me like I'm insane and just pissed on his face
9.45 - Get up courage to talk to pretty girl in corner of room, conversation goes really well
10.10 - Said pretty girl knicks off with boyfriend/better looking guy. Bitch
10.20 - Somehow end up talking with pratt at start of party while he tells a story involving men parts, lady parts, excrement, piss and endless unfunny innuendo
10.40 - Still somehow listening to this guy. See pretty girl getting her face practically eaten off my boyfriend/more handsome guy. Jerk
11.00 - Manage to escape long-run conversation in order to stand around lost in a mangle of people I don't know
11.20 - End up talking to one guy who I'm not sure but might be gay and coming on to me or is just really friendly. But no one else will speak to me so I carry on anyway
11.37 - Guy I'm talking to brushes hand against my arm. Balls, he is coming onto me. Immediately turn conversation in direction of how hot some of the lasses are in the party
11.41 - Throw known friend between myself and James (why are they always called James?) in order to save my own hide
11.45 - Retreat up into bathroom toilet to save my sanity. Find host of party vomiting into toilet.
11.59 - Still waiting outside of toilet patiently while a queue forms behind me, with James just behind me. Arse
12.05 - See pretty girl and boyfriend/better looking guy clamber out of bedroom, giggling and generally having a good time. Bitch AND jerk
12.15 - Toilet finally free, spend five minutes feeling depressed in a musky essence of bile and booze
12.20 - Go downstairs and make sure host is OK, though host is now practically unconscious
12.25 - Make excuses to leave, saying the last train is soon
13.25 - Get back home, beat myself up over being a socially inept loser, go to bed angry and in the depths of despair

FYI I'm sober during all this. Want to know hell on earth? Student house parties and sobriety.

Caraliz
02-29-2008, 12:03 PM
You should come to one of our parties, Allie. There's lots of metal music and then lots of electro and trance when everyone is too drunk to care. :p

Also, yes. :p
PARTY HARDY FACE!!

I've only been to a few parties. I generally don't like them. Lots of ugly people sitting around downstairs with strobe lights smokin' dope and asking you for your dope and drinking. Lots of fighting going on too.

Jessweeee♪
02-29-2008, 02:27 PM
I don't like parties with lotsa people D:

Good thing I don't get invited to any!

Loony BoB
02-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Win!

There's little point in going to a party where you don't know or relate to anyone. However, parties with a bunch of people similar to you that enjoy the same kind of things/humour to you, then you're onto a winner. Either that, or a bunch of close friends, regardless of what they're interested in.

So long as you get along and you're relaxed with everyone, it's all good.

Maxx's story is funny, especially when you consider the fact that he's put it into 24 hour time, which means almost all of that happened in the morning.

Balzac
02-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I've only been to a few parties. I generally don't like them. Lots of ugly people sitting around downstairs with strobe lights smokin' dope and asking you for your dope and drinking. Lots of fighting going on too.

I bet you're having a fun party of two right now. ;) Hahaha.

You should come party with me, I party hard amd usually get my friends to bring their instruments and we rock it out until we pass out!

Aerith's Knight
02-29-2008, 02:56 PM
strange.. everytime we hold a party its awsome. People we dont even know come inside to party xD

but then again.. the dutch mansion is pretty well known for good parties. Im even having a beer tasting contest tonight xD

should be awsome

Peegee
02-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Parties are an acquired taste, like beer or being punched in the scro....

Anyway, you can see socializing at a party to be impossible (mingle with everybody) or just a place you can do stuff with a small group of people. I tend towards the latter -- pick some people, try to find something in common, and spend a few hours with them. Then stuff might happen or nothing might happen.

For example, prior to blacking out in Hong Kong I have clear memories of talking to no less than 4 girls (all foreign/american) and dancing with them. Too bad I have no idea what happened next.

rubah
02-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Win!

There's little point in going to a party where you don't know or relate to anyone. However, parties with a bunch of people similar to you that enjoy the same kind of things/humour to you, then you're onto a winner. Either that, or a bunch of close friends, regardless of what they're interested in.

All the people I know would rather have a rave instead 8)

XxSephirothxX
02-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Sounds like you should just start hitting ecstasy and give up on the outside world.

rubah
02-29-2008, 05:04 PM
We did have a little one (four people) a few weeks ago (sans E), that was simply amazing. We want to try and raise the scale though.

Lynx
02-29-2008, 05:10 PM
people throw partys without alcohal?

ive found that if you tell 5 people you're haveing a party with a keg many more show up then invited. even if its at a bonfire in the woods in a town where deer outnumber people. i try to keep house partys at like 10 people max. outdoor partys have had 60+ people show up and then like 15 cops.

Jess
02-29-2008, 05:15 PM
I like parties and going to bars and clubs. But, only if I'm with a group of friends. I'd feel uncomfortable going to a party if there was only one person that I knew present. :jess:

rubah
02-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Hmm; apparently you can't merge a poll into another thread; I was going to make one that made you pick between 'parties need booze, I'm from the us' 'parties don't need booze etc' 'parties need booze I'm from outside the us' 'parties don't need booze etc'

scrumpleberry
02-29-2008, 06:21 PM
I like parties and going to bars and clubs. But, only if I'm with a group of friends. I'd feel uncomfortable going to a party if there was only one person that I knew present. :jess:

Yup yup. Also, I don't drink. I don't feel insecure around pissed people, I just get pretty bored if there's noone coherent there.

Tasura
02-29-2008, 06:41 PM
I like parties with people I know, which tend to be the only ones I go too, though I did go to one at my friends house where I didn't know any of his roommates, was a really good party, I got trashed and fell up the stairs, it was amazing. Most on campus parties suck, and the only ones I've been able to have a good time at are off campus. we'll see if that changes tonight, granted it's going to be and one friend seeing how far we can make it through 2 cases of homemade wine before we pass out.

Breine
02-29-2008, 08:27 PM

Sure, but meeting new people is also exciting and fun. I've been to lots of parties where there were only one or two people there that I knew, and they honestly often turn out to be a lot of fun. Granted, it's another type of fun than if it's with a bunch of people you know really well... Both type of parties can be great.