PDA

View Full Version : ugh ugh ugh

Rye
02-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Rye woke up to realize that she's dying.

I've lost my voice and my throat burns. I feel so terrible. I dunno how this happened to me. It's probably the combination of going from the gym to outside in 30 degree weather in just a t-shirt and pants, and going to bed with wet hair. Oh me, oh my! :bowpanties:

It happens to me semi-often though, so it's not a big deal. I got to sleep in late, because no school for people who can only croak words. :bigsmile:

What was the worst sickness you've ever had? For me, I think it was when I had pneumonia for a week or two. That was AWFUL. :kaocry2:

Aerith's Knight
02-29-2008, 03:59 PM
I had a 42 degree celcius fever as a baby.

I shouldve died, but I was cured the next day, doctors said it was a miracle..

i bet you are all like: "awww man.. so close" xD

Namelessfengir
02-29-2008, 04:09 PM
i thought something totally different when i saw the title might want to change that to "cough cough cough"

ive had this cough for the last month or so it just wont leave

as for you i recommend some tea either that or some hard liquor it will something they used to use as an antiseptic down a couple shots of that it will burn the germs away

Peegee
02-29-2008, 04:16 PM
I am told (told, mind you) that I had some sort of aneurysm when I was born. Since I was born nearly 30 years ago, this isn't exactly important or ground-breaking news. I bet 1/10 asian babies in Hong Kong had birth complications.

Other than that, the most sick I've ever been was a flu that lasted a day. I was passed out, then woke up, and ate. GG

edczxcvbnm
02-29-2008, 04:17 PM

That is 107.6 F...you should have died XD

Balzac
02-29-2008, 04:28 PM
I actually died. That was the worst sicknees I've ever had.

Rye
02-29-2008, 04:32 PM

Good thing your Mom had a phoenix down, amirite?

JeonRina14
02-29-2008, 04:33 PM
You lost your voice??? O.o; ..awwww I hope you feel better and get your voice back x_x;

I've never been really sick before xD just normal crap ._.;

Balzac
02-29-2008, 04:34 PM

No, I don't live in Final Fantasy sadly. The hospistal resusitated me.

snacks
02-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Actually recently I had a bought with something at first I thought was just a mild stomach flu.

It went off and on for a week and I thought I was better, and then my other half made some perogies (oh god yum).

About halfway through my second plate, I felt sick and went to the bathroom and dry heaved (tmi i know)

This went on and off for about 2 or 3 weeks without any rhyme or reason. There wasn't really any pain, it was just extreme nausia after eating anything at all most of the time.

Went to the doctor, turns out I have gallstones.

So yeah that's pretty much the sickest I've been. I got my gallbladder out over a week ago, and so far so good. Mostly being able to eat again is good :D

scrumpleberry
02-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Measles as a child, I think. Aside from the fact that I feel I have a perpetual cold and sore throat, I've never been very sickly.

Aww, hope you feel better soon. :cookie: :kaolove:

Marshall Banana
02-29-2008, 06:22 PM
I had constant nausea and pain for a year. =X

rubah
02-29-2008, 09:43 PM
It's probably the combination of going from the gym to outside in 30 degree weather in just a t-shirt and pants, and going to bed with wet hair.

maybe the former, but I go to bed with wet hair like all the time xD
In fact, I think it's just the former, because I did that exact thing a couple of months of go and woke up really sick xD

The worst sick I've been was probably when I had pneumonia last year. I went to school after being curled up all day on a sunday, and my friends told me I looked like death, so the nurse checked me out, bade me visit a doctor, and I somehow managed to drive home, then went to the doctors for like three hours of sitting (slouched over on a pillow in misery), and got antibiotics prescribed or something, and hoped my mom wouldn't smoke in the car on the way home.

It must not have been very bad because I felt better pretty soon, but it was amazing how little energy you have when you only take in 90% of the oxygen you breathe in.

Aerith's Knight
02-29-2008, 09:44 PM

That is 107.6 F...you should have died XD

feel the love

Zeldy
02-29-2008, 09:55 PM
I always go to bed with wet hair, I just end up with extremely frizzy, curly hair that I have to tackle in the morning.

I really don't know, I've never been extremely ill. I geuss by the way I was born, it was a really rare type of birth as I was born still in the water sack, it's apparently really lucky for a sailor. It meant that I had to be rushed away and have water removed from my lungs though. Does that count? I've never been really ill.

Araciel
02-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Two years ago, I had a throat infection, behind the tonsil that pushed said gland into my throat somewhere and prevented me from eating/drinking. I had to have surgery and a five day hospital stay.

When I was 3 I apparently had an asthma attack that landed me in an oxygen tent. The worst thing that came of that is they had me in diapers again after I had been potty trained, so when I got better and went home, I had to be retrained.

Breine
02-29-2008, 10:05 PM
I had a very bad case of Jaundice when I was born, plus one side of my face was rather numb and therefore it was drooping, which has resulted in my underlip being a tiny bit crooked/droopy on one side.. or at least now it is. It used to be far worse when I was a kid, but nowadays it's not at all noticable.. luckily (it took me years to learn how to smile without it being crooked). Anyway, it was so serious that they for a long time didn't think I'd ever be able to speak properly, and it wasn't until I was like 1.5 years old that I started talking. There's nothing wrong with me today (:shifty:), so I guess I'm pretty lucky :)

Other than that I didn't get chicken pox until I was 18, so it was really bad. I had a gazillion of them all over my body.. like, literally all over - even down my throat, which resulted in me getting open soars in my throat and it was basically extremely painful. I didn't eat for like 4 days, and when I finally started eating something it was yoghurt thinned with water. Ugh, I hate being sick.

Momiji
02-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Hmm... I had bronchiolitis a few years ago, and I was out of commission for about 2 and a half weeks. I think that was the worst thing I ever had.

cloud21zidane16
02-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Never really had anything serious, when i was 10 i had a temperature and dizzyness for a week, everytime i literally even leaned up out of bed i threw up:eek:

mooglebunni608
03-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Last year I got so sick I thought I was dying (and I don't exagerate these things). Every 5 or so minutes, there would be this extremely awful pain in my abdomen (I have a history of belly-area pain, and nothing compares to this. It was baaaaad). I couldn't explain it, and my because my dad was sick (apparently he is priority, even though his sickeness wasn't pain-related.) I didn't get taken to the doctor. It lasted about three days. I swear I thought I was going to die and nobody cared.
I didn't die though!!

Jess
03-01-2008, 06:06 PM
I've never been really ill. I've had sickness bugs, flu, constant migranes, throat infections, tummy bugs etcetera; that's about it. However, once I thought that I was very ill. I had very bad sharp pains in my chest all the time but after a week or so I decided to see a doctor and found out that I was actually making myself have the pains due to worry/stress. ugh! :jess:

Tallulah
03-01-2008, 09:22 PM
I had really bad flu one Christmas. I can't remember whether it was 1996 or 1997; my only recollection is that the Spice Girls were Christmas number one.

It started on the last day of term (I remember feeling really achey and sick in Science class and the end of term assembly), and I was still recovering when I went back. I has a really husky voice as I had laryngitis as a secondary infection, and everyone took the p!ss. :mad2:

I also had a cough that lasted well into March. :(

Renmiri
03-01-2008, 09:43 PM

Do tell!!! Did you see a white light and Montel Williams calling for you ? :p

I Took the Red Pill
03-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Influenza.

qwertysaur
03-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Bronchitis. I was in bed for two weeks!

Aerith's Knight
03-02-2008, 02:13 AM

Do tell!!! Did you see a white light and Montel Williams calling for you ? :p

ok jeesh.. im sorry i made your heart stop.. no reason to keep going on about it!

oh and if you saw a light.. that mightve been me with a flashlight.

Fonzie
03-02-2008, 02:15 AM
Influenza.

Same, and on Christmas day. :p

Kathryn
03-02-2008, 05:24 AM
My worst is the sickness I have right now

I have self induced sleeping sickness and its stuffed my body up. I have to go to the hospital every month to get my blood work checked to make sure that everythings alright and yes it hurts.

Montoya
03-02-2008, 05:54 AM
I had a cyst on my neck and had to get it operated four time from the time I was four to eight years old because the damned first two doctors didn't know how to do the operation but they volunteered anyways. :mad2:
Needless to say, I'm cyst free now. However, I still hate the "smell" of a hospital, it scares me.

Woodinator
03-02-2008, 07:36 AM
The sickest I've ever been was with the flu. Only threw up a few times...but I was in bed for 2 days and could hardly move because my muscles ached so much...probably because i wasn't drinking many fluids at first...

Shlup
03-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Does alcohol poisoning count? That was horrid. Vomiting until there's nothing left to vomit up, but your body keeps going... I had to eat just so I'd have something to puke back up.

Yamaneko
03-02-2008, 08:04 AM
That time I had AIDS was pretty bad.

Agrias
03-02-2008, 08:47 AM
i died too, but not from a sickness. I smacked my face on a diving board and i ended up flatlining twice, but they got me back before it was too late. :D

Rantz
03-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Pneumonia is the worst I actually remember. I was away from school for two months, I couldn't walk to the kitchen without taking a breather on the way. I was pretty close to dying from encephalitis when I was one year old though.

Quindiana Jones
03-02-2008, 02:27 PM
You get a day off school just because you can't talk?

Lucky person. :(

Madame Adequate
03-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Does alcohol poisoning count? That was horrid. Vomiting until there's nothing left to vomit up, but your body keeps going... I had to eat just so I'd have something to puke back up.

I think that's just a hangover. Either that, or I had alcohol poisoning :monster: