PDA

View Full Version : Today is finally the day....

Momiji
02-29-2008, 08:46 PM
...that I become a High School Graduate! I thought the day would never come. :D

Topic: How did you feel when you graduated High School, and for those who are still in school, what do you think graduating will feel like?

Balzac
02-29-2008, 08:47 PM
I was kicked out at 15, so I never graduated :P

demondude
02-29-2008, 08:47 PM
What did you do?

Breine
02-29-2008, 08:49 PM
I felt great. Mainly because I was drunk for like two weeks straight or something, but also because it was just a weight of my shoulders. It was such a relief when I had finished my final oral exam.

Roto13
02-29-2008, 09:00 PM
I never even went to my graduation. :P

Psychotic
02-29-2008, 09:00 PM
In the last lesson I ever had at school we had to watch an hour of What Women Want.

You might as well have just given me a sandpaper massage. Really.

Zeldy
02-29-2008, 09:02 PM
I leave high school May 11th! :jess: but I have to go back for my GCSEs, so really I finish June 24th. I can't wait xD

Aerith's Knight
02-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Didnt really care, my college was maybe 10 min cycling away from my high school. not much changed, except that i get to play with real expensive equipment now :D

Araciel
02-29-2008, 09:20 PM
I dropped out twice, then finished at the age of 20. I didn't go to grad.

oddler
02-29-2008, 09:26 PM
I felt like it was time to make some money.

Rye
02-29-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm very proud of you! :bigsmile:

I graduate on my 18th birthday, June 29th of this year, double whammy! I have 10 more credits than I need to graduate, but the way that our credits are arranged, my school doesn't really allow people to graduate early, unless I suppose they take summer classes.

I think I'll be very happy to be done with High School. The only thing I think that I will miss is the Honors Choir. That's about it. I can't wait to meet new people, and most of all, get the hell away from my town and family. The college of my choice is almost 4 hours away from my parents. Bliss. :bigsmile:

rubah
02-29-2008, 09:34 PM
I was relieved and disappointed. No one threw me a graduation party so I had to look on in envy, or attend in envy, but I did get to give a speech.

I think I went fishing the day after graduation. Or shortly after. It was wonderful.

JeonRina14
02-29-2008, 10:09 PM
What?? o.O; its like...the semi-middle of winter? how can you be finishing now?? >.<;;'

Congrats though!! ^^

I havn't even started high school yet lol so yeah Iduno how this feels haha^^;

XxSephirothxX
02-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Awesome. Now you can, you know, do that thing. :shifty:

Graduating high school was a better experience than I expected. I dislike ceremonies in general, but it wasn't so bad. It's exciting to finish a stage of your life and know you're moving onward and upward. Things won't be as easy, but they're a hell of a lot less lame than high school.

Momiji
02-29-2008, 11:04 PM
What?? o.O; its like...the semi-middle of winter? how can you be finishing now?? >.<;;'

Congrats though!! ^^

I havn't even started high school yet lol so yeah Iduno how this feels haha^^;

Our schooling system is separated into trimesters instead of semesters. So instead of the semester system where a normal day would consist of 7 or 8 periods a day, we only have 5 periods a day, and a 3-trimester system. It's pretty ineffective if you ask me, because this makes some classes needlessly long and dull.

Either way, I had all of my credits, so I was able to graduate today, the end of trimester 2.

Jessweeee♪
02-29-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm not really looking forward to it >.<

Shauna
02-29-2008, 11:21 PM
I dunno about any graduation of mine. I stop school at some point in May; but I have a few exams to go in for after that. But after my exams... that's it. We don't get anything special. xD

mooglebunni608
03-01-2008, 12:02 AM
I never got to graduate, because I dropped out and started college ><
Graduating sounds like it makes you feel smart ><

LunarWeaver
03-01-2008, 02:43 AM
Yay Momi :jess:

Graduating was the single best experience of my life. Never have I wanted to get out of a place more than I did my High School. I loatched every second of it.

I was forced to attend the ceremony, though, and I really didn't want to. But ultimately I'm glad I did. We did this really stupid "Circle of Friendship" thing where we stood in a circle and held hands. My class only had 38 people in it, so it's not that hard to do (I live in the middle of nowhere).

The point is I got squeezed between two big homophobes that gave me a hard time, and there is nothing funnier than watching their expressions holding my hands. I gave them a nice, loving squeeze and gooey eyes. I love messing with the phobes because they always assume I'm attracted to their obnoxious selves. It's the best.

ky0uki
03-01-2008, 02:58 AM
I was thrilled to graduate, seriously. I remember everyone got so nostalgic towards the end and felt so sad to leave, but I couldn't wait to get the hell out. College is worlds better. =D

~*~Celes~*~
03-01-2008, 03:05 AM
I graduate June 1st. June 3rd, off to England with me until sometime in July :jess: I'll be happy for more than one reason :)

TyphoonThaReapa
03-01-2008, 03:12 AM
...You know, I don't talk about this much...the day I graduated, I was...I felt like I was leaving too much behind and I missed out. You see, before Hurricane Katrina happened, I started my 12th grade year in high school. And I had some many people to share these final days of high school with. My friends...my family...and when Katrina came, it was the beginning of my 12th grade year. After all of the chaos subsided and I found myself in Texas, that's when it hit me. That's when I realized that I will never get the chance to spend that rest of my last days in high school with the people that should be beside me. But on my graduation day...it hit me the worse. I would look up in the crowd trying to find someone I know beside my mother and my grandmother and my brothers and sisters, only to realize that there was no one else...I gave attitude at my mother for some other reason only to realize that it was because I...I missed my friends...I don't even know if their still alive...Sorry guys...I can't talk about this anymore...

Lynx
03-01-2008, 03:43 AM
i graduated in 05. i graduated with people ive been friends with since the 1st and 2nd grade which made it an enjoyable exsperience. unfortunatly 12th grade is when i really came out of my shell and made a lot of friends that i had to leave because a lot were a grade below me.

but it was all right as after everyone threw thre hats my friends rushed the field to tackle me with hugs.

~*~Celes~*~
03-01-2008, 03:56 AM
...You know, I don't talk about this much...the day I graduated, I was...I felt like I was leaving too much behind and I missed out. You see, before Hurricane Katrina happened, I started my 12th grade year in high school. And I had some many people to share these final days of high school with. My friends...my family...and when Katrina came, it was the beginning of my 12th grade year. After all of the chaos subsided and I found myself in Texas, that's when it hit me. That's when I realized that I will never get the chance to spend that rest of my last days in high school with the people that should be beside me. But on my graduation day...it hit me the worse. I would look up in the crowd trying to find someone I know beside my mother and my grandmother and my brothers and sisters, only to realize that there was no one else...I gave attitude at my mother for some other reason only to realize that it was because I...I missed my friends...I don't even know if their still alive...Sorry guys...I can't talk about this anymore...
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/celeschere08/huggie.gif I'm sure you'll be reunited soon, don't worry :)

theundeadhero
03-01-2008, 05:54 AM
It was the scariest time of my life. Suddenly I was an adult and I had no idea what to do with the rest of my life. Naturally I just partied hard all summer.

Avarice-ness
03-01-2008, 05:59 AM
I graduated in 2004.

We had about 900 people in my class so the ceremony was SUPER LONG and SUPER BORING. They gave us cookies and stuff before but we were all still hunrgy.

Shortly (like 5 minutes after leaving) after graduation on the way to my after-graduation party at my aunts house, my mom was hit by a college student who ran a stop sign which really kind of hindered any care for graduation. Basically the girl didn't stop at the stop sign when the street she was coming to was a free way, kept driving and smashed into the side of my mom's car.

So yeah, my graduation party wasn't that grand either.

Jess
03-01-2008, 06:14 PM
I finished high school in June 2006. I was very happy to be leaving. :jess:

Yamaneko
03-01-2008, 07:26 PM
I was already going to college when we had the graduation ceremony, so I'd moved onto better things. High school is a joke. A good place to hang with friends, but severely flawed academically in this country.

Miriel
03-01-2008, 07:37 PM
I was super happy, and also super sad. My high school experience was pretty awesome, and it was sad seeing an end to that chapter in my life.

I think I'll be over the moon ecstatic when I graduate from college.

smittenkitten
03-01-2008, 08:00 PM
If I pass all my exams which I am so far, I'll become a graduate this year. I bet it feels most triumphant! http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/Reaha/monkeek.gif

Rianoa
03-01-2008, 08:09 PM
ive never thought about wat graduating would be like im trying to figure out wat i want to be when im older so im kinda glad that i still have time and i want leave as well.I dont think all people need schooling like builders an stuff like that school for about up to year 6 or somat like that then follow wat you want to be.