PDA

View Full Version : Are you good at revising

goth-love
02-29-2008, 11:03 PM
im really bad at revising i have some exams coming up and no matter how much i revise it can never stay in my head, what about everyone else. :nibbles:

Vivisteiner
03-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I think Im good. I just lie in my bed and read my textbooks and it all flows into my head pretty easily.

My revision consists of:

1. Lie down and revise
2. Do a practice test
3. Look at the corrections

And I repeat steps 1-3 until there are no corrections left. How long that takes depens on the subject.

Big D
03-01-2008, 10:47 PM
If you've got notes that you wrote in class, they're good to study from too.

My strategy worked like this:

1. Re-read your notes.

2. Highlight the important parts - the lines, sentences, formulae that matter the most.

3. Re-read the highlighted parts of your notes.

For further help, write new notes: take the most important parts of your highlighted notes, and add any essential information from the textbook. Then, use these new notes and begin the process again. Eventually, you'll have notes that are condensed and refined, allowing you to revise a whole year's worth of material in an hour or so:)

Clawsze
03-01-2008, 11:30 PM
I never revise. Well, at lunch etc. in school, where i will study any parts I feel i am weak on.

Aerith's Knight
03-02-2008, 02:37 AM
I have a near photographic memory. The day before the exam, I read it over 3 times and I'll remember it.

rayquaza0
03-02-2008, 07:43 AM
If you've got notes that you wrote in class, they're good to study from too.

My strategy worked like this:

1. Re-read your notes.

2. Highlight the important parts - the lines, sentences, formulae that matter the most.

3. Re-read the highlighted parts of your notes.

That example is a great way to practice study, by highlighting ur just using the important parts of the notes/textbook, my teacher calls it 'eating the flesh in the skin' - XD

I did the followingwith my science test because i was desperately failing and ended up getting a distinction = D