PDA

View Full Version : Poor parenting

Mr Cactuar
03-01-2008, 03:16 AM
I don't know whether I should make a topic about this in here or in Eyes on Each Other. Scum parents are scum. in b4 bad for giving him lower version of 360.

The Worst Parents In The World Video (http://www.break.com/index/the-meanest-parents-in-the-world.html)

Fonzie
03-01-2008, 03:21 AM
Wow, that's pretty damn cruel.

Giving him an Xbox 360 Core version, and not the full one.

Araciel
03-01-2008, 03:36 AM
Yeah those are the most horrible parents in the world, worse than the ones who beat their kids incessantly or who molest them, or yell at them constantly...:rolleyes2

Avarice-ness
03-01-2008, 03:57 AM
Yeah, wow I mean I thought my friends parents were evil because they beat her and allowed her to be molested.

But those take the cake. [/SARCASM]

LunarWeaver
03-01-2008, 04:03 AM
I hate children and even I feel sorry for him.

Roto13
03-01-2008, 04:11 AM
"Worst parents in the world" is the name of the video. xP Nobody in this thread are claiming that this is the worst thing anyone has ever done to their kids.

Avarice-ness
03-01-2008, 04:31 AM
"Worst parents in the world" is the name of the video. xP Nobody in this thread are claiming that this is the worst thing anyone has ever done to their kids.

I was pretty sure "Poor Parenting" and "Scum Parents are Scum" was the claim that this was the worst thing. :D

Araciel
03-01-2008, 04:37 AM

Once, my parents only gave me a bike, a sega genesis and three sets of Lego for Christmas. I cried myself to sleep that night, let me tell you.

Mr Cactuar
03-01-2008, 04:48 AM
Yeah those are the most horrible parents in the world, worse than the ones who beat their kids incessantly or who molest them, or yell at them constantly...:rolleyes2

Sigh, just because someone may be worse off somewhere else, doesn't mean that anything else bad is negated out. I never said ANYWHERE that this is worse than parents molesting/beating their children so please grow the fuck up. Same advice goes to others who said similar things.

As for me saying Poor Parenting and scum parents are scum, it's poor parenting for playing such a joke on a kid who was obviously thrilled at having a 360, on Christmas, then laughing at him. I'm sorry if you're spoiled brats who think that the only bad thing a parent can do to their kids is abuse them, but not everyone is like that :)

Avarice-ness
03-01-2008, 05:04 AM

Sigh, just because someone may be worse off somewhere else, doesn't mean that anything else bad is negated out. I never said ANYWHERE that this is worse than parents molesting/beating their children so please grow the smurf up. Same advice goes to others who said similar things.

As for me saying Poor Parenting and scum parents are scum, it's poor parenting for playing such a joke on a kid who was obviously thrilled at having a 360, on Christmas, then laughing at him. I'm sorry if you're spoiled brats who think that the only bad thing a parent can do to their kids is abuse them, but not everyone is like that :)

My dad played practical jokes on me as long as I can remember. He'd give me ONE christmas present one year and it'd be like a peice of coal, I'd be sad about it but get over because I KNEW OTHER PEOPLE HAD IT WORSE, then because I knew that fact I'd wake up like 3 days after christmas to all the christmas presents I didn't recieve on christmas.

I don't think he was a poor parent, me and him can joke about things like this now, I think my mom was a poor parent who liked to abuse me mentally, and not by giving me presents, hell I didn't even spend a christmas with her from age 13 to well, now. She would send me to my sisters house for christmas because she didn't want me there. But that's not poor parenting at all. We can't really joke about any of that because.. well it's not really that funny.

I think that this type of prank parenting is in the eye of the beholder, My dad was a prankster and did things like this, but I never once considered him to be a "poor parent" because I knew that there were people out there with alot worse. Not to mention with maturity and age I can laugh about it with him. Can't really do that with the other parental.

Araciel
03-01-2008, 05:08 AM
I'm not going to continue the quote battle, but this kind of 'america's funniest home videos' video just irritates me. It isn't funny or infuriating in any way beyond that. My sarcastic comment was meant to convey this fact.

Namelessfengir
03-01-2008, 05:48 AM
yeah these are damn fine parents as far as we know they dont rape beat or torment their kids.

i remember from two christmas's ago when 360 came out the kid was a dick so they father sold the 360 and filled the box with bricks. this guy is still a good parent unless he beat the kid with the bricks

blackmage_nuke
03-01-2008, 06:10 AM
My dad played practical jokes on me as long as I can remember. He'd give me ONE christmas present one year and it'd be like a peice of coal
One day we may run out of coal and that piece of coal could be worth thousands!

I think the whole "coal for christmas if youre bad" thing is horrible. It gives the impression coal is bad. It's an important resource, santa shouldnt waste it on naughty kids. Thats irellevant to the topic i just wanted to say it.

Any way the parents in the video made a bad decision, but theyre not the worst. Or atleast i assume. For all i know they could have done worse things that werent on caught on video. A parent who enjoys seeing their kids dissapointed isnt exactly the best parent in the world.

Shiny
03-01-2008, 06:21 AM
I hope one day he becomes rich, buys himself an Xbox 360, puts both of them in a nursing home and never gives them a dime.

I'm sorry if you're spoiled brats who think that the only bad thing a parent can do to their kids is abuse them, but not everyone is like that :)
I don't see how that constitutes as someone being spoiled probably because it doesn't.

Old Manus
03-01-2008, 10:58 AM
I don't know why the internets is getting up in arms about this video. They played a joke on their son, a bad one, but I would have seen the funny side.

Mr Cactuar
03-01-2008, 12:16 PM
I saw the humour, it could've been funny, but the look on the kids face when he saw he was 'getting' it just erases that humour imo.

Markus. D
03-01-2008, 01:13 PM
This is why we have folk like Harry Potter!

Mirage
03-01-2008, 01:37 PM
I'd do skulls like that to my friends, but not my kid. I think.

f f freak
03-01-2008, 04:29 PM
While I feel sorry for the kid, surely he realised something was wrong with how light the box must have felt if it was just a couple of shirts inside. Thoguh maybe his hair damages his brain. What Parent would let their child have hair like that? Seriously.

Roto13
03-01-2008, 04:34 PM
The kid was obviously heartbroken. He wasn't being a brat about it. He even thanked his parents for the :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty blanket that was in the box. But still, he was obviously very let down about it. Anyone who would laugh at the poor kid looking like that is a horrible person. You can be less than a serial rapist and still be human filth, you know.

KentaRawr!
03-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Well, damn, that was mean of them. The kid didn't even say anything, and yet everyone else was acting like we was screaming some kind of argument about why he should have gotten an X-Box, when he was just looking at the box a bit. Plus, his older brother had a really obnoxious laugh... Pulling such a trick on Christmas is terrible! Honestly, the kid there looked so victimized. The mother seemed to just set up a point to make, created, and continued an argument, that didn't at all exist.

However, when I saw the title "Poor Parenting" and saw it was in General Gaming, I figured it was going to be about the ESRB.

Raebus
03-01-2008, 04:41 PM
That was as funny as AIDS killing someone. LOL SOME KID GOT LET DOWN, THAT IS FUNNY, I NEARLY BROKE MY SIDES FROM LAUGHING TOO MUCH.

Seriously, that was a terrible thing to do. The child was fucking upset.

fire_of_avalon
03-01-2008, 04:50 PM
That's awful. Why do you want to hurt a child like that?

Rianoa
03-01-2008, 07:29 PM
ok they played a rubbish joke but that doesnt mean there bad parents like beating them up or raping them

Raebus
03-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Of course they aren't bad parents. For one instance they were just cruel parents who let down their child and made fun of him when he was starting to get upset. Its alright though, it wasn't like no one got hurt in the process of this joke. Oh wait, he did.

Rianoa
03-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Of course they aren't bad parents. For one instance they were just cruel parents who let down their child and made fun of him when he was starting to get upset. Its alright though, it wasn't like no one got hurt in the process of this joke. Oh wait, he did.

i know wat they did wasnt right but there is worse parents than them.

Roto13
03-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Alright, so let's go on a hunt for the absolute worst parents in the history of the world. Once we find them, they'll be the only bad parents on earth and every other set of parents will be fine, because as long as there's someone worse than the parents in question, the parents in question get off free.

Jessweeee♪
03-01-2008, 08:12 PM
That was mean :kaocry:

Mr Cactuar
03-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Alright, so let's go on a hunt for the absolute worst parents in the history of the world. Once we find them, they'll be the only bad parents on earth and every other set of parents will be fine, because as long as there's someone worse than the parents in question, the parents in question get off free.

This is exactly what I meant. Just because there are worse things out there, doesn't mean the other bad things don't count.

Ryth
03-02-2008, 02:15 AM
Wow, there is some extreme dickholery going on here.

Lionx
03-02-2008, 02:52 AM

<333333 Thank you.

rubah
03-02-2008, 06:38 AM
I would've cried for a week, probably. And then another week ten years later.

I kinda had that happen to me. It wasn't something I would've lusted after as much as an x-box, but it was still pretty disappointing.

Just because bad stuff happens to other people doesn't mean that the comparatively petty feelings of 'spoiled' or 'not-abused' people feel any better. Leave the scar-comparing to emo kids.

Seraphic
03-02-2008, 07:10 AM
Okay...so to everyone whos saying that the parents aren't so bad because they aren't hurting or raping the child, you aren't seeing the big picture.
This is clearly a sign of emotional abuse; they totally crushed his hopes.
And it wasn't like they made the 'joke' and then even tried to console him after seeing his face,they just kept laughing at him.
Any parent that takes joy in seeing their child in pain would be considered the worst of the worst in my book.

Roto13
03-02-2008, 04:09 PM
^^ Yes, exactly.

In a related note. When I got a Game Cube for Christmas, my parents did the exact opposite of that. xP They bought a quilt in one of those big bags and stuffed the Game Cube in there with it. xD

Boney King
03-02-2008, 05:13 PM
WE CAN'T AFFORD A XBOX 360 WE CAN'T AFFORD A XBOX 360 SO LET'S JUST GIVE YOU THE BOX IT COMES IN. THE BOX FOR THE CORE VERSION. FUNNY FUNNY!!!!

The look on the kid's face is absolutely devastating, and I demand someone start a petition to get him an actual XBox 360.

smittenkitten
03-02-2008, 06:06 PM
I just want to snug that wee boy, he can play on my pc. :whimper:

Madame Adequate
03-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Whilst all abuse sucks, when your own family does something like that to you, when they set you up, and then laugh at you and make you feel so stupid, so small and worthless, that's one of the worst things someone can feel. There can be no outcome except anger and mistrust.

They preyed on this poor kid's emotions and used that to laugh at him. I fail to see how this isn't abusive. And I see absolutely nothing funny about it.

Dreddz
03-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Why must everyone take the moral high ground and say that wasnt funny. Hes just a kid, he'll get over it. And he still got some clothes! Awesome parents, awesome clip.

Roto13
03-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Because the only people who could laugh at this kind of thing are human filth, and nobody wants to be filth.

Old Manus
03-02-2008, 10:15 PM
ROUND ONE: FIGHT

Raebus
03-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey man, you missed out "DING DING" or the bell before that. :(

LunarWeaver
03-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Whilst all abuse sucks, when your own family does something like that to you, when they set you up, and then laugh at you and make you feel so stupid, so small and worthless, that's one of the worst things someone can feel. There can be no outcome except anger and mistrust.

They preyed on this poor kid's emotions and used that to laugh at him. I fail to see how this isn't abusive. And I see absolutely nothing funny about it.

I'm hoppin' on this wagon!

Momiji
03-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Okay, apparently all of you silly folk didn't read the comments below the video. One of them says the whole video was explained on G4, that the kid was caught peeking at his presents and the parents gave him just the box on Christmas day with a couple of shirts in it to play a dirty trick on him as well. They eventually gave him the XBox 360.

I'm laughing at all of you and your wasted sympathy at the moment.

Raebus
03-02-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm ignoring your laughter. :thumb:

I'd already seen this from another forum and there wasn't any comments on it then. So yeah, whatever.

Jessweeee♪
03-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Okay, apparently all of you silly folk didn't read the comments below the video. One of them says the whole video was explained on G4, that the kid was caught peeking at his presents and the parents gave him just the box on Christmas day with a couple of shirts in it to play a dirty trick on him as well. They eventually gave him the XBox 360.

OMG xDDD

Roto13
03-03-2008, 12:00 AM

OMG xDDD

That's the story from the brother, anyway. He was supposed to post a follow up video regarding that, but he didn't. It seems more likely to me that he changed the story after he realized that decent human beings wouldn't find it as funny as morally bankrupt ones like him.

Mr Cactuar
03-03-2008, 05:52 AM

OMG xDDD

That's the story from the brother, anyway. He was supposed to post a follow up video regarding that, but he didn't. It seems more likely to me that he changed the story after he realized that decent human beings wouldn't find it as funny as morally bankrupt ones like him.

Exactly what I thought.

ZOMG, SOMEONE IS SAYING SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET THAT MIGHT NOT BE TRUE. MUST TAKE AS ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

Rostum
03-03-2008, 06:23 AM
I don't care if they ended up giving him one in the end, that's not the point. Look at the kid and how devastated and embarrassed he is while everyone is around him laughing at him as if the prank was even funny (I'm sorry, even if the kid laughed it still isn't really that funny, just pointless and immature).

I'm with MILF on this one. What a bunch of douche bags.

KoShiatar
03-03-2008, 10:24 AM
I hated those who played pranks on me (luckily my parents and sister were not into that kind of thing), so I feel sorry for the kid. I don't think such jokes are funny for those who receive them and personally I can't see the fun in making someone angry and disappointed then pointing at him and laugh.
However, this is far from poor parenting or "scum parents". Everyone can have a bad idea once in a while.