PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Dreams :]

Hazzard
03-01-2008, 03:18 PM
The question of this thread is: What is the most common dream that you seem to have when you sleep? Also, another question I'm wondering about is whether any of you have dreamed about an unfortunate situation when you happen to lose all your teeth; crumbling in your hands, or them getting knocked out one by one.

So, do you?

Jojee
03-01-2008, 04:33 PM
I have dreams where I start to lose my teeth, and then they start to fall off, it's terrible!

I read somewhere that losing teeth is the most common nightmare. Everyone has dreams like that I think.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
03-01-2008, 04:50 PM
I have never dreamed of losing my teeth. That just seems... weird.

Anyways, the most common dream I seem to have, excluding falling, would be flying. Usually I am a crime-fighting superhero who prefers to fly through the clouds than do my duty and save people. These dreams are usually fairly gory, as the villains are always large, strong, violent, evil men. The literally tear people apart. :) And I just fly around.

Man, I would be a crappy superhero. :(

SmackDown
03-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Flying out of control like a drunken sea bird.

Leeza
03-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Darn! I thought this thread would be about Marilyn Manson. But, wrong forum for that I guess. :)

I dream of cats a lot, but never about losing my teeth. :cat:

Tavrobel
03-01-2008, 05:33 PM
I used to see it commonly, but less recently. It would be me falling off of the jungle gym in elementary school, and falling. I never hit the ground, but I would imagine that it would hurt and give me an endless amount of splinters.

Otherwise, it is of ordinary events in various, well known locales.

I have dreamt of having mouth sores or cuts before, but those would usually foreshadow a developing pain in my mouth.

LunarWeaver
03-01-2008, 06:00 PM
I dream a lot of a large portion of my family are really mean to me. It's probably guilt because I always avoid talking to them.

Vyk
03-01-2008, 06:06 PM
I've had bad teeth dreams a few times. Drowning and falling used to be quite frequent too

rubah
03-01-2008, 07:17 PM
My dreams aren't usually repeats.

Today I dreamed that one of the nicest dorms on campus had a wing in my dorm, and I was mad that I hadn't realized it before so I could live in the Quads and still be a pomfretian.

it was amazing because all the people I knew who lived in the quads were right there in pomfret!

Rianoa
03-01-2008, 07:24 PM
i've had a dream where my teeth fall out and i was really creaped out by it and went on a dream website and it represents change in life.
i have the same dream about the same person and i know them there really random dreams.

Aerith's Knight
03-01-2008, 08:05 PM
The most dreams I have are about flying, girls or everyday life.

pff.. im such a typical guy it hurts x_x

demondude
03-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I dream of a different deadly sin on each day of the week.
Friday is lust day. :jokey:

Jessweeee♪
03-01-2008, 09:35 PM
I've never dreamed about the teeth thing, though I hear that's common and I do have bad teeth.

I dream that I'm riding in a car and it goes off of a cliff or a bridge a lot...I also have dreams where I'm visiting a friend or a family member for the last time and I can't stay long, then after I've left I realize I didn't say goodbye :p

...but I don't have a whole lot of repeats n.n

smittenkitten
03-01-2008, 11:18 PM
I have dreams I'm in some sort of fantasy world. There's a war going on and I'm fighting... fighting for freedom, for peace and for my love. Something like that anyway, my weapon is a sword and I have armour on with the symbol of a phoenix. :)

Breine
03-01-2008, 11:25 PM
I have dreams where I start to lose my teeth, and then they start to fall off, it's terrible!

I read somewhere that losing teeth is the most common nightmare. Everyone has dreams like that I think.

I have those as well. Very uncomfortable!

Aerith's Knight
03-02-2008, 02:11 AM
I have dreams I'm in some sort of fantasy world. There's a war going on and I'm fighting... fighting for freedom, for peace and for my love. Something like that anyway, my weapon is a sword and I have armour on with the symbol of a phoenix. :)

Can i join your dream tonight ^^

I want a bow.. and also a nice armour ^__________________^

Fonzie
03-02-2008, 02:22 AM
I have so many damn repeats.

If only I could find the remote in my head. :(

Randgris
03-02-2008, 08:24 AM

Superstitous belief tells us that dreaming of losing your teeth (for whatever reason) means a death of your family member. Call it coincidence or something but the last time I dreamt of that, my grandmother passed away, a few days later.

Agrias
03-02-2008, 08:37 AM
I tend to dream about being far away, usually in a european country, but i'm always dropped off and left to fend for myself. So thus i grow, and i age, sometimes i have kids, sometimes i dont.

Avarice-ness
03-02-2008, 09:01 AM
I have the most awesome dreams -ever-.

I love sleep solely for my dreams and the fact I can remember them in detail when I wake up. The last dream I had actually had this girl in this really epic dress that I wanna get around drawing soon but I can't remember how the story went as well as the one I had like 4 nights ago!

THIS.
IS THE STORY.

So I was at my aunts house for christmas, for some reason her house was by this ginormous river that had this thing called an "aquarium boat" that would pass by every hour. Essentially it was a boat with a walk in aquarium inside, OR SO I THOUGHT.
Anyways, I was downstairs and I was looking to see where my boyfriend went, I asked everyone (except my sister) on where he had gone but everyone was so busy getting dinner and turkey ready they'd just say "I'm not sure"

So I decided for some reason that he wasn't in the house, given that there were two stories and I only looked on one, so I went to walk around outside. I walked up and around a hill and eventually found a bike path and walked down that, then I found an abandoned bike in which I figured it'd be the easiest way to get around than walking, so I got on that, I went up the bike trail and was stopped by like 40 hikers all walking in a line with various plants and stuff in their hand. Apparently they were about to get on the Aquarium boat, or atleast that's what this one lady told me. At that point I had trekked up a hill so turning around really wasn't an option since the hill was pretty steep as it was. Then my phone rings.

My sister is on the other line and says my boyfriend is wondering where I went and I'm like "DUDE, I was wondering where he went so I went out to look for him" apparently he was upstairs playing video games the whole time. She then says dinner will be done in 15 minutes and to get back. Well I was so far away that the only logical thing would be to take the aquarium boat, since it apparently made various stops along the river. I could get off at my aunts house if I wanted so that made alot more sense.

I get on the boat and join in on their "fun" which consisted of being in a pool with baby orca's that just looked like happy black dolphins, me and two others (an older man and a younger girl) realized that this boat trip was taking too long and keep asking the driver if we can go to the outside level since we had been on the inside level for far to long, He disagree's and we kind of go off to the top level on our own.

Apparently, the boat becomes unbalanced and the time space continuum rips if people arn't in the same place at the same time on the boat. So the boat starts floating and going off course. Basically it zoomed past this one part of the river and instead of having the driver turn it away from the water fall, it flys over the water fall and plummets (for some reason) from a distance so high that it was basically like a plane crashing in the water. At the time we realize we're about to fall into an ocean like setting the three of us grab each others hand and hold on, we crash into the water, the boat disappears for some reason and we swim to the top barely making it to get some air.

Apparently now we're in the dark ages and are forced to fight against people in blue clothing. Problem was, I was wearing blue clothing, so I still don't understand why I was never killed by either color AND why I wasn't killing the red people. The people there eventually realize that we seriously weren't from there and say the only way to get back to the right time is to talk to a lvl 20 preist (Seriously) and that he can get us back home. So, we defeat the blue guys get our medals of honor get on a boat, talk to the preist who brings us back all before we all get on the aquarium boat.

I get home for dinner and tell everyone about my fun times and show them the medals and stuff and then I wake up.

Seriously, I love my brain, it makes sleeping time like a movie. <3

NeoCracker
03-03-2008, 06:15 AM
I rarely dream anymore, and I don't really have common dreams, so I'll share the one I just had.

I had just gotten up and looked over at my lap top. I touch my mousepad to get out of my screen saver, and shortly after smitten logs on to MSN. She says high to me, but there's something odd.

Her display picture is showing three people. On the right is some blue eyed pretty boy with blond hair going down to his shoulders, he had blue eyes, no shirt, and wore one of those spiked collars. On the left is a guy that looked like a slightly less nerdy McLovin' (Not the member, the shows) wearing a black leather shiny shirt.

Smitten herself was in the middle, wearing a strapless black shiny top. Strangly one would expect it to have been more revealing given what the other two had, but it wasn't.

I asker her where she was going, and then came the response, "An S&M Party!" and then the DP suddenly changed to just her face. She had bent her neck slightly to the left closed her eyes, and had this huge addorable smile. That pose just made me want to huggle the life out of her. She just looked so cute doing that. :love: :love:

Araciel
03-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Usually I just dream about naked....Marge...

Srsly I don't really remember any of my dreams. Of late I have to be at the point of exhaustion to fall asleep and so I sleep through it all.

I used to have recurring nightmares of a doll my mom still has from when she was three. The doll would animate and actually not threaten me, but come on....dolls aren't supposed to move, and the thing is creepy.

Also I had many dreams about being back in highschool right after I graduated.

Namelessfengir
03-03-2008, 06:24 AM
i dream about normal things you know murder rape car crashes the future (literally, i do)
i have never dreamed of losing teeth but i probably will now thanks that'll be fun

Avarice-ness
03-03-2008, 06:30 AM
the future (literally, i do)

I had a dream about the future once. These big cylinder like robots came rolling out from the ocean and everything they'd like even get close to would die. It was creepy and rusty and hateful.

But I blame my obsession with the future in Chrono Trigger at the time for that dream.

Hazzard
03-03-2008, 06:24 PM
i had a dream i fucked my teacher. she seduced me then aggressively got it on wid me on the desk. she gave good brain as if she graduated from a good school.

Peegee
03-03-2008, 06:31 PM
What, Hazard? :p

Common dream themes, since dreams that are recurring are just the same theme but the same actions don't happen exactly the same (that's my view of it anywho):

- teeth falling out
- getting lost around town
- nonsense

I've recently had these very elaborate dreams where I find a nice girl and very unrealistic interactions occur. No sex. Pervert.

Wait...yes me.

smittenkitten
03-03-2008, 07:07 PM
I rarely dream anymore, and I don't really have common dreams, so I'll share the one I just had.

I had just gotten up and looked over at my lap top. I touch my mousepad to get out of my screen saver, and shortly after smitten logs on to MSN. She says high to me, but there's something odd.

Her display picture is showing three people. On the right is some blue eyed pretty boy with blond hair going down to his shoulders, he had blue eyes, no shirt, and wore one of those spiked collars. On the left is a guy that looked like a slightly less nerdy McLovin' (Not the member, the shows) wearing a black leather shiny shirt.

Smitten herself was in the middle, wearing a strapless black shiny top. Strangly one would expect it to have been more revealing given what the other two had, but it wasn't.

I asker her where she was going, and then came the response, "An S&M Party!" and then the DP suddenly changed to just her face. She had bent her neck slightly to the left closed her eyes, and had this huge addorable smile. That pose just made me want to huggle the life out of her. She just looked so cute doing that. :love: :love:

Dude... I don't know what's more disturbing the fact your having dirty dreams about me or the fact I have friends who look like that and wear dog collars. :p

NeoCracker
03-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Oh come on, it was only 3 lines on an MSN convo. It's not like I actaully saw you doing anythign dirty.