PDA

View Full Version : Rye needs help

Roto13
03-02-2008, 05:05 PM
edit: to be serious, do you think that it might have been when lovehurts made some second accounts and you IP banned them, because he lives in NY, and I live in NY, and our IP address may be similar.

What happens when you try to go there?

It doesn't load. At all. Even the main site.

Any idea what the heck is causing it? She hasn't been able to access the site for over a day.

rubah
03-02-2008, 05:14 PM
His IP addresses are much different than Rye's(they use two different isps). Plus he hasn't been IP banned (to my knowledge) Probably just your run of the mill divergence of the intarweb tubes.

Roto13
03-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Rye says it works when she uses a proxy, so it sounds like an IP thing.

rubah
03-02-2008, 05:50 PM
If it is, it's a DNS server thing as far as I can tell.

crono_logical
03-02-2008, 05:57 PM
IP ban will tell you when you try to load the site, plus they only apply to the forums anyway, it's something else if the site's not loading at all :p Check DNS is working properly for that computer :p

Madame Adequate
03-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Could someone tell me what DNS is and how to check/fix it, so I can pass it on to her? Thanks

Addendum: It's not working on any other computers she has, but the entire rest of the intertubes that she's encountered works great, and she can as she said see EoFF through a proxy.

Psychotic
03-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Yamaneko said this when my EoFF was like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Make sure eyesonff.com isn't being redirected to localhost: 127.0.0.1

rubah
03-02-2008, 06:30 PM
If she's not using opendns, she what happens when she does https://www.opendns.com/start

Rye
03-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I decided to log on with proxy. I changed my DNS with that website, and while everything else is faster, EoFF STILL does not work.

It really can't be on my end, and I'm getting pretty frustrated. Everything works perfectly, it doesn't work on my PC or my laptop, and I can access EoFF perfectly on proxy. It's only EoFF that doesn't work, and I can't even ACCESS it. It comes up with that "Connection has timed out" will not load page.

o_O
03-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Can you post the output of the following command (executed from a computer that isn't working at the time):

Start > Run > 'cmd /k tracert www.eyesonff.com'

P.S. You can copy text from the cmd window by selecting "Mark" from the right-click context menu, dragging to highlight the text and pressing enter. :p

Rye
03-02-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm pretty certain I'd break my laptop if I tried something like that. xD I'm a computer retard.

Namelessfengir
03-02-2008, 09:16 PM
you might need to flush you dns... damned if i remember how to do it though someone else might be able to help you on that line

o_O
03-02-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm pretty certain I'd break my laptop if I tried something like that. xD I'm a computer retard.

Where's your sense of <b>adventure</b>, Rye? :p

P.S. I posted it in your LJ too. :p