PDA

View Full Version : 0.0 omijeebus im old!!!!!

NeoTifa
03-02-2008, 05:59 PM
so, like, totally. i got engaged last night. ;_; i dont feel any different. i had always thought in my mind that i would be older, holding a bouquet of flowers, idk, itd be more specially, glowey, and sparkly or something. happiness and daisies. NO!!!! i feel no different. and i wept. not tears of joy, but tears of sorrow. i dont know why. the words engaged and fiance sound foreign on my lips, and now i have to deal with the financial burden of a $100,000 wedding or something. :crying:

topic: congradulate me or die!
topic 2: are you married/engaged/in serious relationship?

Jojee
03-02-2008, 06:02 PM
xDDD Shouldn't you be happy after you get engaged?

How'd he ask!?!?

NeoTifa
03-02-2008, 06:11 PM
idk why i cried bad tears!!! we were sitting on my bed, and i was showing him how bad ass vincent was in dirge of cerberus. i told him i felt bad and i wanted to go to bed, so he said to hold on a minute. i figured he was putting on his shoes, so i went in the living room and looked at an avon book to wait for him. he said come here, so i did, and he told me to sit down and that he had a question he wanted to ask me the night before. he ummm pulled out the ring and handed it to me and asked me if i wanted to marry him. i just kinda looked at it dumbfoundedly, and i knew it was coming too, and couldnt say anything :p like 5 mins later i blurted out a yes. my eyes were all teary and such. see, ive known about it for a while, and we were supposed to go military ball the night before, but i was depressed and didnt want to go. he was gonna ask me there.

cloud21zidane16
03-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Congratulations!:pinkelephant: :beer:
How long until the wedding?

Madame Adequate
03-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Doesn't sound like you're anywhere like ready for this.

Leeza
03-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Topic 1: Congratulations, however, I agree with Milf. You've got some sort of unfinished business to settle before you're ready to accept this proposal and be happy with it. I hope you can figure out what it is. His proposal was very sweet and he does sound like a great guy.

Topic 2: I was married, but I'm not anymore.

NeoTifa
03-02-2008, 06:28 PM
lol so you wouldnt take the die option? :p

yea, i think its becuase im in love w/ someone else (see fake love thread lol) but have accepted that i will never be with him, so im sorta happy about this. i stress over anything, and worry about too much, so a big soiree like a wedding is gonna have me sick and sleepless for months before it. im not planning on actually doing it until i graduate college though. so s****** is gonna be way outta the picture ^_^

Captain Maxx Power
03-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Wait, what? You're getting married and it's making you sad? For the love of crap, do something about it! One of my best friends had to cancel his wedding plans because he wasn't happy. If you've got issues over this (which you plainly do), now's the time to sort them out. Seriously, just because you expect to be married doesn't mean you should be married. Screw convention and think about yourself and your own wishes.

~*~Celes~*~
03-02-2008, 07:31 PM
if you love someone else, you should tell him about it so there aren't any secrets in your relationship. Secrets are bad, and he'll find out somehow in the future. It's better that he knows about it now before you're married.

Congrats :)

scrumpleberry
03-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Congrats, but I agree with everyone. You need to sort out your problems first.

Ichimonji
03-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah, you're in a bit of a weird situation. You really need to sort your feelings out before you even think about getting married. Congratulations though, if you want it.

Jessweeee♪
03-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Y'know I always thought it'd be neat to be engaged forever but never actually getting married xD

Cookie
03-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm married to my money. All fifteen pounds.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
03-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Topic 1: Congrats! I think. You are certainly in a predicipickle.

Topic 2: I am currently in a serious relationship. Just over 20 months. :D
Though I have been thinking about finding myself a boyfriend for the side. But that would be casual and not serious. Not like it is with my girlfriend.

Roto13
03-02-2008, 08:14 PM
If you're so miserable at the thought of being engaged and getting married that you're crying, you probably shouldn't be engaged at all. xD I was thrilled when I got engaged. I told everyone I met. xP I'm married now. Have been for about four months.

Breine
03-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Congrats!

..and nope, not in a relationship at the moment.

~*~Celes~*~
03-02-2008, 09:01 PM
And, in response to topic 2, in a serious relationship for 21 months now (Will be 22 in 2 weeks =D)

NeoTifa
03-03-2008, 02:36 AM
thanks everyone. ive resolved to the fact that i will never be with the other person=objectofaffection, so im a lot happier now. and laer know i like said person. i think he tries to set us up sometimes, by inviting him everywhere we go XD jerk. lol. anywho, ive already set out to plan, even though ive got like 4 years. lol. never to early.

what color scheme should i have? i was thinking teal or aquamarine, since he likes blue, but idk. my fav color is red, but thats too risque for a wedding. i was thinking pink/magenta, but .... idk. laer in a pink/magenta tie?! noh whey! and a few of my maybe-bridesmaids are really pale. help me out people!!!

~*~Celes~*~
03-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Teal sounds lovely :D What time of year is the wedding?

NeoTifa
03-03-2008, 04:25 AM
probably summer/spring ish

oddler
03-03-2008, 05:47 AM
Congratulations. I wish nothing but the best for you. :)

Yep, I'm engaged.

Namelessfengir
03-03-2008, 06:04 AM
congrats if you really want it
im single and really dislike kids i grew up with getting married right out of high school or college. theres no way at that age have you found someone to spend the next 60 years with

Araciel
03-03-2008, 06:10 AM
Conglaturation.

Yes, serious relationship.

Strawberry_Mew
03-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Congrads !! :3 I am in a serious realtionship! <3 2-be honest I always think about marriage. There is always true love. Everyone has some body <3

Vyk
03-03-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm not with everyone on the whole issues thing. You know you can't have what you want and you seem willing to try and move on. Though you're basically defaulting or rebounding, that doesn't mean it can't work. I agree though that you're quite young to worry about marriage. If its four years away I think it might have been wiser to wait until closer to when it could actually be accomplished to ask. But that's just me. If this is what you want and you believe it'll work then congrats

I don't think it'd be appropriate for me to comment on the second question. Girls have issues with me and this isn't the place to drop any kind of dirty laundry

Miriel
03-03-2008, 10:58 AM
I'd really suggest that you concentrate more on your MARRIAGE than on your wedding. You're more concerned about your color scheme than you are with the fact that you fell in love with some other guy while you were with your current boyfriend/fiance? What makes you think that something like that won't happen again? I don't think it's right to accept a proposal like that under the assumption that you'll have a long engagement and can therefore put off thinking about the heavy duty serious stuff until later. Sorry that I'm lecturing and that I didn't follow the congratulate or die set up.

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2.5 years. We are not formally engaged yet.

Blue Harvest
03-03-2008, 01:57 PM
lol so you wouldnt take the die option? :p

I'll gladly take the die option :p

Captain Maxx Power
03-03-2008, 02:40 PM
thanks everyone. ive resolved to the fact that i will never be with the other person=objectofaffection, so im a lot happier now. and laer know i like said person. i think he tries to set us up sometimes, by inviting him everywhere we go XD jerk.!

If you genuinely think that you can be happy in life by simply "settling" then think again. It's because of people "settling" with what they have that divorce rates are so high - people get married too early or for all the wrong reasons. What everyone is saying is true; you shouldn't be simply pushing aside these issues you have to be all "lolz ima hav gren n blu dresseses and stuf xD" - it's textbook denial and it's not healthy for you. Also four years is a long time and you'll probably do a lot of maturing between now and then (you're only 16ish now anyways, a mere child). If you don't want to discuss this here then fine, but don't disregard the advice that the vast majority of people are giving you. Think, reassess, contemplate and then take affirmative action.

Peegee
03-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Congrats, I think. If you are having second thoughts about marriage, seriously contemplate them and come to a conclusion, and go from there. I would talk to everybody and get a balanced view before I make a decision (including your fiancée/fiance)

I'm not in a relationship and haven't been in one since I decided 'Damnit PG you're not jumping into another one unless the chances of it being a truly serious (not in the zomg we're having sex this is serialious business way) are good/high'. This effectively screws me out of a lot of possibilities and I'm running out of available girls to ask out. Damnit.

However even if I were in a serious relationship I haven't justified why I should get married. I think one of the main practical & secular (as opposed to practical and theistic?) reasons to get married is the tax benefits. I intend to pull my own weight in relationships, and when we're speaking financially, there's less chance for a tax benefit when both couples make the same amount of money and file jointly.

I hate linking msn articles but sauce (http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/taxes/p48908.asp). (The people who tended to face a marriage penalty were those with similar incomes. Typically, the more they made, the bigger the penalty they paid.)

So I would ask a varied amount of married couples and ask them why they got married, filter out the useless answers, and decide whether marriage is good for me. This obviously removes a great deal of the romantic aspect of a marriage. Good job, PG

NeoTifa
03-04-2008, 01:11 AM
O.o

the way i figure, no use throwing a perfectly good relationship out the window cuz i beleive i have feelings for someone else. it may just be an infatuation, a phase, and it wont last long. or lust? idk. we will nvr be together, ivealready tried, but until i graduate school, im not gonna focus on just larry.

see, i have this problem, and im sure a lot of girls can relate. for some reason, i get strongly attached to a person, viciously hunt them down til i have them, then lose interest. im afraid that might be whats going on. i love larry, so im not gonna destroy something good in the dim chance that it might work between me and s****** and not lose interest.

and sense i feel like weve been married forever, i am excited. i want to start picturing everything in my head. is that so bad?! XD. weve talked about everything. were quite mature about this.

and im 18 1/2 btw