PDA

View Full Version : The world! THE WORLD FOR A PENCIL!

Avarice-ness
03-03-2008, 05:20 AM
Seriously.

So, due to frequenting the DeviantArt forums and having to deal with a mass amount of 13 and 14 year olds who think that art is only done on a digital medium, I busted into my closet and pulled out all my traditional art supplies. So due to that, I'm on a pro-traditional art over Digital Art binge.

Well..
I WAS GOING TO DRAW! Or so I thought.
Apparently I have like 300 colored pencils, ink pens, clicky erasers, sketch books and paper, anatomy books, and some crayons.

But no .5 lead pencils. Not even a .7 (the basic pencil) lead pencil!

I WOULD GIVE THE WORLD (if possible) FOR A PENCIL! Yeah I can draw with colored pencils but.. PFFT.

Have there ever been any times in your life, maybe just recently, that if possible you would give the world for some item or items?
Why was the item so important? Did you -need- it, or did you just -want- it?

Namelessfengir
03-03-2008, 05:24 AM
i would give the world for the ability to give the world.... and a rikku lookalike girlfriend

rubah
03-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Hmm. I tend to pick up any pencils/pens I find (unless they're crappy mechanical pencils then I don't) so I don't lack for those.

I'm too much of a packrat to be at a loss for anything for too long. BUT, the bane of my youth was that my parents never had twine. Rope, thread, and yarn aplenty, but no strings. Ever. (well there was some once but it was all knotted up and short)

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2008, 05:35 AM
i use a 0.7 mm myself, works good enough

An Aerith, Rinoa or Penelo-look alike gf would be awsome though ^^

more money would be good as well :p

Avarice-ness
03-03-2008, 05:39 AM

When I draw with pencil (which is rare because I normally draw in pen) I use .5 because it's lighter, I then go over it with .7 to darken lines and such.

Either way I have neither of those. :(

blackmage_nuke
03-03-2008, 05:40 AM
There were times when i had a really stuffed nose and i needed a tissue desperately but had none

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2008, 05:49 AM

When I draw with pencil (which is rare because I normally draw in pen) I use .5 because it's lighter, I then go over it with .7 to darken lines and such.

Either way I have neither of those. :(

I use a 0.7, but its not a pencil, its a pencil pen.

I can draw pretty light with that, so the lines arent that dark or big.

rubah
03-03-2008, 05:51 AM
pencil pen?

~*~Celes~*~
03-03-2008, 06:06 AM
pencil pens are these ballpoint pens that have like liquid graphite instead of ink, I think...And it dries like graphite writing. It's hard to describe xD But i have a few here at home :)

I'd give the world for 2 things right now: my passport and a plan ticket to England.

Araciel
03-03-2008, 06:08 AM
Condom.

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2008, 06:18 AM
pencil pens are these ballpoint pens that have like liquid graphite instead of ink, I think...And it dries like graphite writing. It's hard to describe xD But i have a few here at home :)

I'd give the world for 2 things right now: my passport and a plan ticket to England.

lol no.. not what i meant. A pencil-pen is a plastic pen in which you deposit 0.7 or 0.5 mm graphite 'straws'. Then with a simple click device you push those straw down into a small opening fit for one straw.

with those pens you always have the thickness of a sharp point pencil. I love it and its not expensive at all

Araciel
03-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Where I come from those are called mechanical pencils.

Avarice-ness
03-03-2008, 06:27 AM

Agree'd! =D

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2008, 06:29 AM

Agree'd! =D

g4u.. where im from they are called 'potlood-pennen' which literally translates into pencil-pen

so im very sorry i pissed off all you almighty english speaking people -_-'

Araciel
03-03-2008, 06:36 AM
We'll forgive you this time, but don't try our patience.:p

Avarice-ness
03-03-2008, 07:03 AM
AK: I don't think you "pissed off" anyone. :confused:

Either way, now something even worse than no pencil has happened.

MY TABLET STYLUS HAS FALLEN APART.

Two of the buttons have just fallen off in attempts to make me want a pencil even more. :(

Vyk
03-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Thats almost like irony. Now you can't even resort to a digital drawing medium to vent :]

blackmage_nuke
03-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Where im from 'mechanical pencils' are called pacers

Araciel
03-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Where im from 'mechanical pencils' are called pacers

Where the heck are you from?!

Also: that's awesome! hehehe

Marshall Banana
03-03-2008, 11:40 AM
I want all of the world's cute strawberry fabric.

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
I want all of the world's cute strawberry fabric.

I'll get right on that!

*leaves for world travels*

Peegee
03-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Strictly speaking I don't need anything. I'd starve to death and die after a really long time (relatively speaking) though.

Is there something I would give everything I had to get? Probably not. Things off the top of my head that I lack (girlfriend comes to mind, and not much else within the constraints of the topic) that I would 'pay' to get aren't very pressing and things that I have (good friends, car, job, loving family, relative health, 1st world country, etc) are plenty.

To state an obvious, I would trade everything I had (I don't own my friends, btw. bwahaha legalese) for better of the same things.

edit: I forgot about your post. I love. LOVE traditional art. When digital media was 'brand new' I rejected it as an illegitimate medium. I even hated CG tv shows. I eventually embraced it, but it took a really long time.

NeoCracker
03-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Oddly, since me and my friends always used mechanical pencils, we just drop the Mechanical part and say pencils. :P