PDA

View Full Version : I'm Depressed

Avarice-ness
03-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Everything sucks as of now. Well actually that's a lie, I've been pretty much hating life for like a month or so now.

The house is in dirty shambles, I just want to sleep, and I'm sitting here shoving chocolate pudding in my mouth, I have no pencils to draw with and my stylus broke so now I can't draw on the computer, I lost a 25 dollar check that I could have gotten food with, jobless for like a month and a half now, my boyfriend hasn't gotten a job yet since he's been here, and I'm still homesick, my boyfriend also has been listening to so much metal I'm actually starting to hate metal because it's all starting to blend together. Which is horrible because I've never had anyone kill a genre for me!

So is there any light to the end of this impending train wreck?!

YES! Because Yoshi's Island exists, thus making me, for a short amount of time, care less about how unhappy I am at the moment!

So, what makes you happy when you're in a pretty dominatedly depressed state for a long long time?

This makes me happy:

Edit: I accidenty made everything look cooler than normal and that makes me happy.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/fatshyguy.gif
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/burt19.gif

Araciel
03-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Cat Stevens.

KoShiatar
03-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Yoshi's Island is awesomeness.
What makes me forget my problems varies depending on what my current obsession is.

Heath
03-03-2008, 10:18 AM
At the moment, Perfect Dark is a pretty great cure-all but I think perhaps I've been playing slightly too much of that lately and may have to expand onto another Rare N64 game; Banjo-Kazooie perhaps.

I also find something funny to read on the Internet if I'm at home. Usually something by Charlie Brooker (http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/charlie_brooker/) is filled with enough eloquently worded hate that it's hilarious. I even got his book for my birthday which consequently makes me look like a bit of a nutter when I start laughing to myself on the bus. Yoshi's Island is a bloody good choice though. Great game.

Old Manus
03-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Rap music

Breine
03-03-2008, 11:11 AM
My friends. I'm lucky to have some good and funny friends, so that usually helps a lot.

Strawberry_Mew
03-03-2008, 04:10 PM
I like Yoshi Island 2 lol I played that game since it came out for the SNES lol XD What makes me happy is -thinks- I hang out with my friends if I can. or I play a Video Game. Currently playing Zelda TP on the Cube and its kool. Believe me my luck has been crappy till now. Things are finally starting to look up for me. Another thing I do is watch funny videos on Youtube or watch some movies or anime on Crunchyroll <3

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2008, 04:15 PM
scrubs, family guy, friends, galaxy angel, etc

TyphoonThaReapa
03-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Jerry Springer. What better way to work off the blues then to watch other people drown in the on stupidity and at least try to kill each other on national T.V...:rolleyes2

Peegee
03-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Hmm, heavy metal eh? I like angry music when I'm upset. However it's really just therapeutic in the sense that the action problem doesn't get resolved.

When I get really really upset I just go to sleep. Often when I wake up I get over it. The thing though with my silly behaviour is that I should tell somebody what I'm doing if the source of my anger is that person. Otherwise I'll wake up all cool and s/he will still be mad. Oops.

Rye
03-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Singing can really release the stress, which is good. Working out and finding out that I've lost weight (From 127 to 125, foooooooooo~ <3).

The best thing is talking to my boyfriend about it, and then lightening the mood with terrible puns and such. :bigsmile:

NeoCracker
03-03-2008, 07:06 PM
I plays me some Harvest Moon.

Peegee
03-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Singing can really release the stress, which is good. Working out and finding out that I've lost weight (From 127 to 125, foooooooooo~ <3).

The best thing is talking to my boyfriend about it, and then lightening the mood with terrible puns and such. :bigsmile:

That's amazing news (about the loss of mass)!

*chants* Go Rye go Rye

*crickets*

PG:....

PG: T_T

Tallulah
03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
The Mighty Boosh, Little Britain, any silly British comedy really (radio or TV series, doesn't matter) :D

Anything lightly funny, really. One time I was in a terrible mood when I came back from work and Emmerdale (horrendous and oft depressing British prime time soap about the countryside and country folk) came on, and I literally screamed at it 'GET OFF MY TV!!!!!111111' before changing the channel in disgust. :mad2:

Aerith's Knight
03-03-2008, 07:52 PM
the most stress relieving thing ive ever done was playing some heavy symphonies of beethoven.

you have no idea how much punishment a piano can take :p

NeoCracker
03-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Also, watching the Whose Line Deleted scenes and Gag Reals.

Apperently you can't say "In love with a Gerbil" on TV, and whenever Ryan is sitting in the back and looks irritated, he really is pissed off. ^_^

smittenkitten
03-03-2008, 08:47 PM
When I'm really down I watch Pride and Prejudice BBC drama and listen to happy songs such as "Build me up Buttercup" by the Foundation, or "Downtown" by Petula Clark. If I get really angry I usually take out out on a piece of paper and start drawing or painting. ^__^

Rianoa
03-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Evanescence is great to lisen to it makes u sad then you realise your lifes not that bad and then your Happy when you realise your lifes not that bad you start to recover from depression.:D

~*~Celes~*~
03-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Is this like, international depression month or something? I'm pretty down too...Anyway, usually I'll talk to my boyfriend about it, sleep, play a game, listen to music, Guitar Hero myself to death, or if it's bad enough, I cry. Right now though, Alan's out taking his dog for a walk, so our talk was interrupted...The game I'm playing is part of my frustration [so I might play FF1 instead of HM:MFOMT], it's not bad enough for me to cry, and there's just so much stuff built up that I'm upset/frustrated/depressed over, that it's going to take a lot of therapy =\

That, and it's PMS week on top of it all...NO CHOCOLATE IN SIGHT! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! D=

scrumpleberry
03-03-2008, 09:29 PM
The Mighty Boosh, Little Britain, any silly British comedy really (radio or TV series, doesn't matter) :D

French and Saunders or whipping out the good old Fawlty Towers dvds (<3<3<3) really cheers me up as well. And any good music. Silly jokes with friends, them lying to you and pretending that you're awesome. Making good progress with a drawing. However, if I try to draw and FAIL that will make me feel worse.

Rye
03-03-2008, 09:31 PM

That's amazing news (about the loss of mass)!

*chants* Go Rye go Rye

*crickets*

PG:....

PG: T_T

Thank you! And I've only been working out for about 2 weeks, so I'm very happy about this! I'mma keep up the good work! Back to the gym tomorrow! :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
03-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Depends how bad I feel. If I feel a little bad, some videogames will cheer me up okay most of the time. If I feel really bad, the only cure is Rye affections and attentions. Which she's very good at, and kind enough to give me :3

Caraliz
03-04-2008, 03:06 AM
Right now I hate everything and next to nothing can lift me out of my mood. There's only one thing and it's impossible so ladeeda~

NeoTifa
03-04-2008, 03:21 AM
[quote=Pureghetto;2436812]Hmm, heavy metal eh? I like angry music when I'm upset. However it's really just therapeutic in the sense that the action problem doesn't get resolved.

When I get really really upset I just go to sleep. Often when I wake up I get over it. ...quote]

ditto

Montoya
03-04-2008, 05:44 AM
Before, sleeping would make me feel better because most of my problems were never that serious. Now it's either I keep being depressed or smoke. :(

Avarice-ness
03-04-2008, 05:51 AM
I ended up aimlessly playing Chrono Trigger for like 4 hours. That seemed to have helped!

NeoTifa
03-05-2008, 02:32 AM
my quote didnt work ><

i write hate poems to j**** and post them on myspace. all the comments on it makes me feel better. lol.

The Unknown Guru
03-05-2008, 06:09 AM
Listen to the pillows. (They're a Japanese band.) Seriously, if you're listening to the pillows, then no trace of despair can get within 3 feet of you. Emos will actually be shoved away by their force field of happiness.

Shlup
03-05-2008, 06:52 AM
I'm working on training myself to find comfort elsewhere, but, to be honest, I'm all about comfort food.

Today, though, I got my old sketchbook out exited reality by doodling for awhile. It worked nicely.

Ashi
03-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Usually, any form of exhausting exercise takes my mind of things and relaxes me. Otherwise it's whatever game I'm currently really addicted to.

stalpho slayer
03-05-2008, 10:10 PM
YouTube - Kane Imitates The Rock & Hollywood Hulk Hogan. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WXTI20W-ms)

watching this

YouTube - The Rock slagging other stars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSaiOC6vIz0&feature=related)

and this

KentaRawr!
03-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Music makes me feel better, because it always gets my mind going on what's good. :3

Jojee
03-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Dancing, crying, sleeping. xD Mostly sleeping.

Dr. Acula
03-06-2008, 04:41 AM
Watching TV (comedies, mainly), listening to music and talking to my friends are all good ways to overcome depresso-days. For me anyway. Crying's good too. Sleeping isn't because if I'm depressed I don't sleep well, then I just think about the thing that's making me depressed even more.

Vyk
03-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Nothing usually helps me. I just tend to have to wait for it to pass. However long that takes. If it was a life altering event of some kind that really messed with my head. I suffer from emotional pain induced insomnia. Otherwise I sleep to speed that time up... As depression usually makes me tired. Or tiredness makes me vulnerable to depression. One of the two. Time is the only thing, really

sleepy_shadow
03-06-2008, 04:31 PM
One of the various Resident Evil games, or the Megatokyo web comic. Evanescence is good too.

Christmas
06-23-2023, 02:39 AM
My paycheck and imaginary best friend.

Dr. Acula
06-25-2023, 04:25 AM
Sleeping isn't because if I'm depressed I don't sleep well, then I just think about the thing that's making me depressed even more.

15 years later, I still haven't slept.

Catblepus
06-29-2023, 02:18 PM
Sleeping isn't because if I'm depressed I don't sleep well, then I just think about the thing that's making me depressed even more.

15 years later, I still haven't slept.
Wow... a walking Ghoul is among us !

sharkythesharkdogg
06-29-2023, 04:38 PM
I bet her name is Ghoulia.

Dr. Acula
06-30-2023, 08:18 AM
I bet her name is Ghoulia.

Julia Ghoulia, thank you very much.