PDA

View Full Version : I need a good PS2 FPS.

Quindiana Jones
03-03-2008, 07:55 PM
I am in desperate need to shoot stuff. But I want a plot to it as well. Don't mention Killzone. Played and completed. Not much replay value to it. EDIT: Done all the TimeSplitters as well.

So, yeah. Could you lot just put down some decent FPS' on PS2 (or even 1) that you know of? I don't care what I'm shooting. :bigsmile:

At the moment, I'm having a look at Red Faction.

NeoCracker
03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Time Splitters 2 is actually pretty fun. One FPS I actually enjoyed.

That doesn't happen often with me. :P

Cookie
03-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Killzone or Timesplitters 2.

Oh. I guess I should've read the whole of your post.

Breine
03-03-2008, 08:08 PM
The Time Splitters series is rather enjoyable, and that's pretty big coming from me since I've never really been a huge fan of the FPS genre (except for GoldenEye and Metroid Prime of course).

JKTrix
03-03-2008, 08:25 PM
The SOCOM series is pretty quality, though I think they're 3rd person. 3rd person isn't too different, control-wise, from 1st person. Both Red Factions are fairly recommendable. Aside from what's already been mentioned, there aren't really many particularly good FPSes for PS2. But there are a handful pretty good ones.

Black
Call of Duty series
Medal of Honor series
Star Wars Battlefront series
Project Snowblind

TimeSplitters is one of the best though. So you may want to lower your expectations.

Mirage
03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Is timesplitters even first-person?

Psychotic
03-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Is timesplitters even first-person?Yes, it is.
Star Wars Battlefront seriesThis. You can switch between first and third person view. I prefer third.

DK
03-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Black, unless you want multiplayer.

Dreddz
03-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Half Life and Deus Ex. They're PC ports but ehh......

Quindiana Jones
03-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I agree with what most of you have said. They are all good games. But I've already done them all really. Good to hear some positive feedback on the Red Factions though. I'll probably get them.

I'm thinking of having another crack at Half Life. I didn't really play it properly when I first bought it, and thought it sucked. But, in hindsight, I think I was being too hasty and not paying much attention to anything it offered.

Just for the record: I like pretty much all games. And I definitely have no problem with 3rd person games, it's just that at the moment I'm in a FPS mood. :bigsmile:

Old Manus
03-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Red Faction was pretty cool, apart from the horrendous graphics.

Star Wars: Battlefront is as vital to your wellbeing as your CNS, whether or not it's a real first person shooter.

Cz
03-03-2008, 10:37 PM
The original Red Faction was a great single player FPS, although I get the feeling it might have aged horribly. The sequel wasn't up to the same standard, and since the plot has very little to do with the original game I can't see much reason to recommend it unless you see it going cheap. Even then, you'd be better off putting the money towards Half-Life or Black.

Ishin Ookami
03-03-2008, 11:01 PM
for pure single player FPS bliss, it just doesn't get any more intense than Black.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-03-2008, 11:49 PM
The only FPS I played with any regularity on the PS2 was Red Faction 2 with my cousins. I derived a reasonable amount of entertainment from plugging them with Rail Gun slugs through walls. Your mileage may vary.

Shoeberto
03-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Half Life and Deus Ex. They're PC ports but ehh......
Deus Ex isn't as much of a traditional run and gun, though, so it may not be what you're looking for.

Dreddz
03-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Deus Ex isn't as much of a traditional run and gun, though, so it may not be what you're looking for.

Yeah but Deus Ex has the plot covered. The PS2 version sucks compared to the PC version though. The framerate can make that game unplayable at times.