PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story

Siegfried
03-04-2008, 02:53 AM
So I was at the battle where you fight against the high confessor with Delita at the Church.
I realize with my really good, maxed out White mage I can holy him once to end the battle, just gotta what the 6 turns.
It comes his turn and what does he do? That is right, casts ATHIEST on himself lands and I do zero...
WTF how did the High Confessor of the Church convince HIMSELF that he was athiest? Especially ironic with the holy spell.

Anyways, subject can be this, why when you have no faith does magic not affect you at all? Stuff still happens even if you have no faith.

VorpalCyberWolf
03-04-2008, 07:39 AM
I guess it goes along with the philosophical concept that in order for something to exist, you must first believe it exists.

Roogle
03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
That is a very clever use of the spell from the artificial intelligence engine of the game. What a good story!

If you think that it is illogical that the High Confessor was able to convince himself of a temporary suspension of faith, you should just have someone leap up to the top of the church with Ignore Height and push him off of it. He will be killed instantly.

.:kerrod:.
03-16-2008, 05:51 AM
maybe he did it using doublethink :o Nineteen Eighty-Four anybody?

VorpalCyberWolf
03-17-2008, 08:49 AM
That is a very clever use of the spell from the artificial intelligence engine of the game. What a good story!

If you think that it is illogical that the High Confessor was able to convince himself of a temporary suspension of faith, you should just have someone leap up to the top of the church with Ignore Height and push him off of it. He will be killed instantly.

I love pushing him off the church, almost as much as knocking Gaffgarion off the bridge at the waterfall or the archer at the first battle at Dorter... Gravity makes everything better.