PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Parties and Tech combos!

Avarice-ness
03-04-2008, 09:35 AM
I didn't see a thread for this so here it is!

What are your favorite parties for playing Chrono Trigger.

For a while I was on a Chrono, Ayla, Robo binge.
Using Boogie (AKA stop-ALL) and then spamming Chrono+Aylas Falcon Hit is made of epic win and almost no damage.

Right now I'm just switching around trying to get Magus to start to learn crap so I'll post more later!

blackmage_nuke
03-04-2008, 09:41 AM
My party changes abit so i cant remember my favourite.

Anyway for techniques i liked
Max Cyclone for training in the durasic period at that mountain with powerful monsters you can visit before you have to.

Rocket roll because its got a cool name

Arc Impulse because it looks cool

And charm because it got me 52 mega elixers and a range of other items

NeoCracker
03-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Generally I ran Magus, Crono, and Marle for fast killing.

Luminaire and Dark Matter to radidly destroy anything, and Marle on healing, nothing could stop me. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Though the Triple techs with Magus and those stones all look kick ass.

Peter_20
03-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I tend to use Crono/Lucca/Frog and Crono/Robo/Ayla pretty often.

Some Techs that always please me are Falcon Hit, Heal and Charm.
Confuse and Triple Kick are great against single targets as well.

Siegfried
03-05-2008, 03:39 AM
Chrono Frog Ayla for reasons I cannot remember

NeoCracker
03-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Last few playthroughs I've actaully been Running Crono, Magus, and Robo.

Just split up your Magic tabs between Crono an Robo, and now you have 3 people who can hit all enemies for high damage, (Shock, Luminair, and Dark Matter) And you can get Robo's Heal Beam to cure a lot of life.

Just give Magus your Safe Helm so you can cover his small defense. Robo and Crono have a good enough defense to without it that Robo's Heal Beam is more then enough to keep you running.

Roogle
03-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I always used Crono, Marle, and Lucca and Magus, Marle, and Lucca. This seems natural to me because I dislike it when animals or robots join the party.

Peter_20
03-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I always used Crono, Marle, and Lucca and Magus, Marle, and Lucca. This seems natural to me because I dislike it when animals or robots join the party.Don't tell me you dislike Frog. :eek:
Frog isn't even an animal, he's a cursed human being.

Roogle
03-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Don't tell me you dislike Frog. :eek:

I realize that. I would have liked having him in the party if he were able to take his human form at any part of the game. In any case, it is a passive preference that I have with role-playing games, so it is not like I dislike the character or his place in the story.

Peter_20
03-06-2008, 05:04 PM

I realize that. I would have liked having him in the party if he were able to take his human form at any part of the game. In any case, it is a passive preference that I have with role-playing games, so it is not like I dislike the character or his place in the story.

I think I understand what you mean.
I had some trouble with Frog myself in the beginning, because he made me feel like I had a character inflicted with the Frog status.

Actually, that's very close to the truth. XD

Avarice-ness
03-06-2008, 05:18 PM

I think I understand what you mean.
I had some trouble with Frog myself in the beginning, because he made me feel like I had a character inflicted with the Frog status.

Actually, that's very close to the truth. XD
Roo's racist against frog men.

Seriously though, I think I would like Frog less if he was in his human form at any point of his game. Maybe if he switched back for .. .5 minutes I'd be okay.

Roogle
03-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Roo's racist against frog men.

Seriously though, I think I would like Frog less if he was in his human form at any point of his game. Maybe if he switched back for .. .5 minutes I'd be okay.

I believe that he does turn into a human in one of the endings and he is a human in some of the mandatory flashbacks during the course of the game. I thought that was much preferable to an amphibian form.

Peter_20
03-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Crono, Robo and Ayla is a pretty comical trio.
Time paradoxes wtf.

Avarice-ness
03-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Crono, Robo and Ayla is a pretty comical trio.
Time paradoxes wtf.

Dude, Not even that.

Freaking Stop everything with Ayla and Robo's Boogie then smash everything with Falcon, then Boogie again, Falcon and repeat til what ever your smashing is dead.

Heath
03-30-2008, 03:22 PM
I always used Crono, Marle, and Lucca and Magus, Marle, and Lucca. This seems natural to me because I dislike it when animals or robots join the party.

Same here. Not because I dislike animals or robots, but because I always saw that as being the 'natural' party, I suppose, as it involves all the 'main' characters. Those are usually the parties I gravitate towards. I do enjoy using Robo though because he's got some pretty good techs and double techs. But having Lucca and Marle means the Antipode techs which are just beautiful.

Alucard von Elru
03-30-2008, 08:07 PM
My favourite parties are Crono, Frog, and Robo for most of the game, followed up by Crono, Frog, and Magus for late in the game. I love all of the characters and always tried to mix things up a bit, but these were the two setups I always came back to.

As far as Techs go, it's been far, far too long since my last replay of the game (8 or 9 years, I think), so I can't think of most of the Techs, let alone names. However, I remember enjoying the one between Frog and Crono, in which Frog flung his blade into the enemy, it stuck there, and then Crono shot Lightning down with the damage being enhanced by, you know, metal being stuck in the enemy! I always thought that one was really cool!

*sigh* It's been too long...

The Unknown Guru
04-01-2008, 03:20 AM
I haven't played for a while, but I remember my main party is Crono, Frog, and Marle. You get insane healing, insane physical double-techs, insane Crono with max Speed, PrismSpecs, and Rainbow (with haste, it's even more fun), and insane Arc Impulse.