PDA

View Full Version : Is XIII going to be a 3 parter?

sillybuttons™
03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Sorry if this is answered in another post but I like to know as little as possible about a game before I start it and don't want to read through the other posts in case there is spoilers in them. I've heard FFXIII is going to be in three parts. Is this true?:mog:

XxSephirothxX
03-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Not exactly. Three separate but somehow related games are being released under the banner of "Final Fantasy XIII:" Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and Final Fantasy Agito XIII, a mobile phone game.

sillybuttons™
03-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks.:mog:

Jessweeee♪
03-04-2008, 03:10 PM
I heard there were going to be six FFXIII titles o.o

XxSephirothxX
03-04-2008, 04:34 PM
I don't remember anything in particular indicating that, but I do recall that they wanted the whole Fabula Nova Crystalis umbrella to extend for something like 10 years, so it's completely possible, and perhaps even likely, that those three games will not be the only ones.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
There's also Haeresis XIII, which as been trademarked and been given a preliminary logo, although no further information has been released.

Nifleheim7
06-10-2008, 07:35 PM
I think i recently heard as a rumour that Squarenix is going to cancel the development of Agito...
Not that i care though,seeing as we (western) fans will never have the chance to play it anyway.

EDIT:It was a false rumour afterall (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/06/11/square-enix-party-announced-for-august/)

champagne supernova
06-14-2008, 10:24 PM
XIII will start off as 3 semi-linked games. But if XIII or Versus XIII are awesome and define a generation, then I'm very sure we'll see a couple prequels, a sequel, possibly a feature-length movie.

Dragonsoul
06-15-2008, 06:25 AM
I think i recently heard as a rumour that Squarenix is going to cancel the development of Agito...
Not that i care though,seeing as we (western) fans will never have the chance to play it anyway.

EDIT:It was a false rumour afterall (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/06/11/square-enix-party-announced-for-august/)

Try to ignore rumors, what Yoichi Wada said is that they are cancelling development of a major cellphone title which links to a console game. People automatically thought Final Fantasy Agito XIII was cancelled. But Square Enix is also making Kingdom Hearts: Coded and The 3rd Birthday. Anyways, all three games were confirmed to still be in development the other day. What I think they meant was that the US port of Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis was cancelled, although maybe they are just moving from Cell to DS or PSP instead. I'm interested on what is going on though. Maybe it's some cell rpg they haven't announced yet. :)