PDA

View Full Version : Locked Out

Skyblade
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
A couple days ago, I logged out of EoFF on my main computer and logged in on another computer in my house and on the same router, about a minute later. After some initial difficulties logging in due to security settings and such, I was able to log in and write one post. After that, EoFF just quit, and I have been unable to log in from either of those computers. I still have full internet access to every other site, and I can still access this site from other computers (like the school computer I am using now), and I can access my account as well, so I'm fairly sure I wasn't banned. Does anyone know what might have caused this problem, or, more importantly, have any idea how it might be solved? Thanks.

rubah
03-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Can you narrow down 'a couple of days'?

Skyblade
03-04-2008, 03:14 PM
This (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2434548-post56.html) was my last post, the one I wrote right before everything shut down.

02-29-2008, 10:29 PM, right up until I had to go to class this morning (8:40).

rubah
03-05-2008, 04:29 AM
Are/were you getting an error message like
Address Not Found
Firefox can't find the server at ww.eyesonff.com.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

Does it just happen with the forums, or the front site as well? Warren's minds want to know.

crono_logical
03-06-2008, 08:49 AM
yeah, without error messages or telling us exactly what happens, it makes it hard to know what's going on :p

Skyblade
03-06-2008, 03:01 PM
I was using Internet Explorer, not Firefox.

I can access neither the main site nor the forums. The message I got was the standard Internet Explorer "cannot access site" screen, stating that the problem is either that my internet is down, the site is down, or there is trouble communicating. When I attempt to repair my connection, I get a message saying I pinged the server, but could not get a response.

My internet provider is Roadrunner from Time Warner Cable.

If you have anything else you want me to check, I'll be happy to do so, but it will be at least a day before I can get test it and get back to you.

Roogle
03-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Have you tried using a different browser? Please let us know if you would like to test to see if it is a browser specific problem. Thank you.

Jessweeee♪
03-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Sometimes when I log in at at school I get a pop up saying that Internet Explorer can't open the page (even though it's already opened) and then it redirects to an error page. I thought maybe it was just being blocked, but usually it tells you that the page is RESTRICTED, and this didn't happen :p

Skyblade
03-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Well, I have no idea what changed, but it's working again now. Thanks for listening, and thanks especially if you found out what was wrong and fixed it.

Momiji
03-14-2008, 01:54 AM
This sounds like what's wrong with Rye's computer.

Skyblade
03-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Well, the fix was only temporary it seems. It quit working again, just a couple hours after that post I made saying it was fixed (I didn't have access to a working computer to post this until now). Still no clue why. My computer has no other browser availible, so I can't test if it's a browser problem or not.