PDA

View Full Version : Gross Things With Food

Evastio
03-04-2008, 11:16 PM
So basically I made some oatmeal for myself today and got the wonderful idea of using grape juice instead of water to make it. It tasted absolutely gross. I guess fruit and grain weren't meant to be together in foods. Either that or it was the fact that I used brown sugar in it. :yuck:

So what gross food related things have you done in the past that you ended up regretting?

Jessweeee♪
03-04-2008, 11:50 PM
All of my culinary experiments have been successful.

Dipping french fries in a vanilla milkshake was my favorite n.n

CimminyCricket
03-04-2008, 11:59 PM
I once had the grand idea of putting horse raddish on a peanut butter and jelly sammich. Never again.

Cookie
03-05-2008, 12:43 AM
I got drunk and ate a chocolate mousse with a sausage one time. I also put golden syrup in chocolate milkshake. That's about all I can think of.

Araciel
03-05-2008, 12:57 AM
My sister and I tried to make 'cookies' when we were 4 and 3 respectively. Our dough included mustard, chocolate chips, milk, strawberries..and just for good measure, 8 eggs.

Momiji
03-05-2008, 01:07 AM
My sister and I tried to make 'cookies' when we were 4 and 3 respectively. Our dough included mustard, chocolate chips, milk, strawberries..and just for good measure, 8 eggs.

That sounds pretty good without the mustard and eggs actually.

Jessweeee♪
03-05-2008, 01:19 AM

That's adorable xD

Araciel
03-05-2008, 01:24 AM

That's adorable xD

So was my mom's face when she got home...it's probably my first memory :P

Tasura
03-05-2008, 01:26 AM
Every time I try and make eggs it's a disaster, it literally turns into a leathery substance, and burnt eggs taste horrible.

NeoTifa
03-05-2008, 01:38 AM
ummm...lets see.... hmmmm.....

homemade chicken noodle and veggie soup. dont use canned veggies for this. blech!

Absconditus_Oraculum
03-05-2008, 02:02 AM
A few weeks ago I had the ideal to put hot sauce on a strawberry poptart. Though partialy disgusting, I just may do it again.

Big D
03-05-2008, 02:37 AM
For a day-trip, I tried to make a quick and easy lunch by using canned tuna (with lemon sauce) and canned mushrooms (with butter sauce).
The two foodstuffs combined into something uniquely unholy. I was nauseous for several hours, and at the end of the day I could still taste the savage flavour whenever I burped.
Mushrooms are good. Canned tuna is good. But when the mushrooms are from a can, and the two foods are brought together, the result is something that one should never try at home.

Nominus Experse
03-05-2008, 03:25 AM
Mixing BBQ sauce into my waffle batter likely wasn't the brightest of all ideas.

Good + Good do not always create perfection...

rubah
03-05-2008, 03:32 AM
I tried to make mixed drinks with coke, surge, and dr. pepper back in the day. Horrible results.

Roto13
03-05-2008, 04:43 AM
I have to wonder why many of you people even bothered to try this stuff. There was no way it'd be good.

Absconditus_Oraculum
03-05-2008, 04:48 AM
I have to wonder why many of you people even bothered to try this stuff. There was no way it'd be good.

Because there was the slight chance that it would be good. Small chance, but it was still there, and none of them were has bad has they could have been.

Ashi
03-05-2008, 06:53 AM
As a child I misunderstood a soup recipe and used all milk and no water.

blackmage_nuke
03-05-2008, 09:17 AM
I tried to make sea salt ice cream.

Salt and sugar shouldnt mix

oddler
03-05-2008, 10:12 PM
I want to see Rengori's mangled kitten. :choc2:

Zeldy
03-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh god, it wasn't me but it was my idea! My friend was completely wasted, and we were in McDonalds and she loves chips with barbecue sauce but at the time McDonalds were giving out another dip, Caramelised onion xD oh my god, we'd all tried it before and it smelt like sick. So we got her chips and that horrid sauce and we filmed her, and we'd be all "Hannah? what's that sauce?" and she'd be licking her lips (covered in sauce) and say "BARBECUE!" and oh my god xD we were so cruel ;_;

Tallulah
03-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Every time I try and make eggs it's a disaster, it literally turns into a leathery substance, and burnt eggs taste horrible.

Your oil is too hot; I have the same problem myself. :(

I once had brandy with Red Bull that my dad had accidentally mixed (instead of Vodka and Red Bull) one Christmas. It was revolting; I drunk it to get rid of it!

I also made a tomato flavour Pasta and Sauce with milk instead of water (most of them do require milk, so it was an easy mistake to make). It was gross, but I had to eat it as I didn't want to waste it (I was a poor student at the time)

EDIT: @ blackmage_nuke: Ilike to mix sweet and salted popcorn together. :D

Sarc the Swordsman
03-06-2008, 12:31 AM
I decided to make my own pizza, with the help of a friend. We decided to cut the base into two halfs, since I'm a vegetarian and she wanted pepperoni on it. We raided the cupboard and fridge, and grabbed a lot of tasty looking ingredients.

My half included tomato puree, pineapple, red and green peppers, red onion, jalapeno peppers and tomatoes. Her half included tomato puree, ham, pepperoni a slice of beef and some mushrooms.

They looked nice, but then we had the great idea of putting a few spices on them too, since we both loved spicy food. We picked up some random spices and tossed them on. Then for good measure we put some herbs on too.

Twenty minutes later, the pizzas were cooked. They tasted horrible. >_<

Absconditus_Oraculum
03-06-2008, 04:16 AM
I tried to make sea salt ice cream.

Salt and sugar shouldnt mix

How much did you add?

rubah
03-06-2008, 04:34 AM
You need salt to make ice cream. it makes the ice freeze colder. The trick is to put it on the ice, and not the cream. The ice goes around the bucket you put the cream in.

And now you know how to use a homemade ice cream maker. They make delicious stuff.

1 cup of sweetened evaporated milk
some actual milk
sugar

mix together in a bowl, put the bowl in a bucket of ice. this is where the ice cream maching will work for you.

wait like an hour. You now have ice cream. Congratulations.

(there are probably more steps. My mom always does it xD)

EVEN EASIER:

Get snow;
Get sweetened evaporated milk;

mix.

Eat.

(make sure you get clean snow that hasn't been peed or had smoke settle on. Hickory flavored snowcream is DISGUSTING)

qwertysaur
03-06-2008, 04:44 AM
Salt, Mozzarella Cheese, and Ketchup. Never again!