PDA

View Full Version : 255 Stats ?

Placebo
03-05-2008, 12:04 AM
looking around at some vids on youtube , how are people getting their stats to 255?

CimminyCricket
03-05-2008, 12:10 AM
By selling their souls the God of 255 stats. I wouldn't do that if I were you though, I hear he collects at the most awkward times. Tea time for example. How would you feel if you had to tell your guests that the demon at your door was there for your soul? I can only imagine how awkward that would be, as the guest and the host.

Captain Maxx Power
03-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Yeah, it's best to ignore Cim sometimes.

Anyways, 255 stats are possible in FF7. You basically need to spend your time morphing different enemies which in turn yield Source-type items that increase your base stats. However it can take a long time to do and in this game is completely unnecessary when compared to say Penance in FF10. It's possible to kill both Ruby and Emerald Weapon easily provided you have the right Materia (arguably more important than stats).

If you want to know how to go about it watch this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwA71x5Vyfg) and then watch this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moWdDuCirIE)

CimminyCricket
03-05-2008, 12:30 AM
From what I remember, eventually the source items stop workin', but then again, it's been almost a year since I have played.

rubah
03-05-2008, 03:36 AM
Probably about the time you would have hit 256.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-05-2008, 01:00 PM
hehe, well played rubah ;)

you can obtain the sources by morphing the enemies aboard the sunken Gelnika but as Cpt. Maxx power said it's completely unnecessary in this game.

to obtain power sources easily, morph the rhino tank things at the exploded reactor in gongaga, much easier than it is on gelnika.

also use yuffie and her ultimate weapon when morphing as it's special ability will prevent it from doing less damage when morphing

Roogle
03-06-2008, 03:48 PM
From what I remember, eventually the source items stop workin', but then again, it's been almost a year since I have played.

Yes. This can occur when a character is equipped with a weapon, armor, accessory, or Materia that brings a statistic to 255. Those items will not work to increase the statistic past 255, so the item granting any additional statistics must be removed in order to continue pushing that statistic to 255, naturally.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-06-2008, 11:02 PM
I actually got a decent amount of source items from morphing the enemies around the reactor near Mt. Corel, if I recall correctly. I never got to 255 though because it isn't essential and took too long to even get a couple of them.

Rostum
03-07-2008, 05:34 AM
Just get Yuffie in your party and use her Conformer to morph every enemy in the Sunken Gelinka. You will find every source item there.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
It's not worth your time, trust me. I had the same ambitions once

Sarc the Swordsman
03-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah, but if someone really wants to do it...they should check around the Mt.Corel reactor and morph those enemies into sources. Since it's like, the earliest part in the game you can do it.

Roogle
03-07-2008, 03:26 PM
According to the List of Command Materia (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff7/materia_com.php) on our website, the earliest that you can get the Morph Materia is at the Temple of the Ancients, so you would have to backtrack to get back to the reactor around Corel.

It doesn't sound entirely worth it unless you're either attempting a challenge or trying for a perfect game.

afro samurai
03-08-2008, 05:59 AM
looking around at some vids on youtube , how are people getting their stats to 255?

someone say cheater...

Captain Maxx Power
03-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Morph is only really viable when you get Yuffie's Conformer weapon because it ignores the damage reduction on Morph. You won't get that until late Disc 2 after you've got the Sub. After this you've got free reign to go Morphing. You can also use Vincent with his Death Penalty, but that requires several hours of killing monsters with Vincent to bring up the damage enough. I would recommend if you're determined to do it then Morph Heavy Tanks at Gongaga first to raise Yuffie's strength stat to do 9999 damage consistently. This'll make getting Sources from the Sunken Gelinka (where the vast majority of Sources are found) a lot easier since the monsters here are so difficult.

For the record here's a list of all the individual sources and monsters that can be Morphed for them;

Power Source:
Unknown 1 (Sunken Gelinka)
Heavy Tank (Gongaga Reactor)
Screamer (Mt.Corel)
Guard Source:
Unknown 2 (Sunken Gelinka)
Bagnadragna (Mt.Corel)
Spiral (Mideel area)
Armored Golem (Northern Crater/Disc 3)
Maximum Kimara (Midgar-Mako Cannon/Disc 2 only)
Magic Source:
Unknown 3 (Sunken Gelinka)
8 Eye (Temple of the Ancients/Disc 1 only)
Mind Source:
Serpent (Sunken Gelinka)
Dragon Rider (Whirlwind Maze/Disc 2 only)
Speed Source:
Poodler (Sunken Gelinka)
Luck Source:
Bad Rap (Sunken Gelinka)

Also a note on a few of the stats and maxing them. Strength adds directly with your Weapon's Attack Power. If this goes above 255 then the extra Strength is wasted. In other words you don't need 255 Strength. Same goes for Magic since certain weapons raise your Magic stat. Vitality is raised by your Armour so you don't need 255 Vitality to have maximum Defense. The only exceptions to this are Spirit, Speed and Luck. Since your MDefense stat on your Armour is erroneously not included in your final MDefense stat, you'll need max Spirit to have max MDefense. Speed and Luck obviously aren't increased by much so you'll probably want to max those out.

Megalixir
03-13-2008, 08:15 AM

excellent guide.

but does luck affect anything aside from critical hits?

If youre doing max damage already...

Sephitachi7
03-13-2008, 06:03 PM

excellent guide.

I'm not sure if it affects anything other than critical hits, but you CAN go a step further than 9999 with certain characters if you use hero drinks and berserk but it also needs to be a critical hit.

Haven't really tried this myself so don't take this as fact but my friend told me it's possible and I've seen some videos.

Captain Maxx Power
03-14-2008, 06:16 PM
excellent guide.

As far as I'm aware that's the case. Drop rates on monsters are static, and stealing rates are again determined by other means. Luck may or may not affect other stats. According to the Battle Mechanics guide at Gamefaqs.com Luck affects the outcome of a lot of stuff, but it annoyingly doesn't give details, so I'm going to assume that they mean literal Luck and not stat Luck. I have no idea what the chances are to critical with Luck, but my most educated guess would be it's probably a straight percentage chance (e.g. 20 Luck = 20% chance), given that Luck is naturally low for all characters and that from my own experience once I started levelling Luck the amount of critical hits increases noticeably after only a few Sources. However I've never done tests on this so don't take this as read.

Also for the most part characters cannot exceed 9999 damage against any target for a single hit. The only instance I'm aware of is Vincent using the Death Penalty. In this case an overflow error occurs if Vincent has defeated enough enemies, meaning the output damage gets past the sanity check and usually automatically kills any target. Barret also has the same thing with his Missing Score, though this requires lots of high AP containing Materia.