PDA

View Full Version : my funeral

NeoTifa
03-05-2008, 02:41 AM
kind of an emo topic. lol

so, i was in english today, and participating in class discussion (which never happens, i might add, due to the fact that it cuts into my nap time :p), and we were reading shakespeares crap. he brings out the worst in me. but i think mr ostrowski is a hottie, so its all good. but i did state that i would have Sonnet 71 recited at my funeral. :p

Sonnet 71

No longer mourn for me when I am dead
Than you shall hear the surly sullen bell
Give warning to the world that I am fled
From the vile world, with vilest worms to dwell:
Nay, if you read this line, remeber no
The hand that writ it; for I love you so,
That I in your sweet thoughts would be forgot,
If thinking on me then should make you woe.
Oh, if, I say, you look upon this verse
When I perhaps compounded am with clay,
Do not so much as my poor name rehearse,
But let your love even with my life decay;
Lest the wise world should look into your moan,
And mock you with me after I am gone.

lol

topic uno: what poem, story, song, etc would you play at your funeral

topic dos: how do you want to be remembered after youre gone

topic tres: have you ever had a crush on a teacher

XD i would play lacrymosa (part 7 requiem mass) by mozart. just for effect. lol. :) im an @$$ hole

Bahamut2000X
03-05-2008, 02:45 AM
I'm still undecided if I'm going to go the way of the feed for wolves in the wild, or have a real funeral where everyone is required to wear Hawaiian shirts and other such apparel.

Dolentrean
03-05-2008, 04:08 AM
I want a silk cushioned coffin with a fold out mini-bar for me in it. Then on my headstone I want an etching of hung up boxing gloves with the words, "Top That" written across it.

rubah
03-05-2008, 04:09 AM
In the novel <i>Cold Sassy Tree</i>, the grandfather says he wants the first and sixth verses of "Blest Be the Tie That Binds", but they forget and either don't sing it or sing the whole thing, and it sounds pretty good to me. Although we sang all of them enough times after communion that I think they might as well sing about the oil dripping down Aaron's robes while they're at it.

I had to provide a song for my nephew's funeral six years ago. The version I had of it had a nasty artifact in the middle, and I don't remember if my sister found a different version or if I was too busy crying to notice.

Then last may at my last spring concert for band, the choir sang the song, and my mom broke down completely and had to come back to the back of the stage and find me and it was really heart breaking. Actually I'm kinda starting to cry writing it so I think this is a good place to stop now.

Araciel
03-05-2008, 04:11 AM
Ferengi funeral FTW ...have them cut up my body and sell it in sections.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-05-2008, 04:34 AM
Totally illegal, but I want to be burn outdoors in a field near woods, or perhaps a body of water. I wanted to be naked on a funeral pyre and let my body be totally consume and let the wind carry my ashes away.

As for as the ceremony itself, *shrugs* I will be dead by then, so it does not bother me too much.

Namelessfengir
03-05-2008, 04:54 AM
i want to be pickled and put in city hall like fucking lenen

Absconditus_Oraculum
03-05-2008, 05:08 AM

None. I just hope whoever cares gets over it quickly and moves on with their life. Everyone dies at some point and I don't want to be the cause of their pain over something has normal has waking up in the morning.
I also hope they don't take to long with all the stare at the dead body and weep funeral rutine and just get me in the ground. I really don't see the point in them draging my dead self around through all of that. Sorry, but I don't. There are few people I get along with and have contact with and I hope/believe that if they are still around when I die that they respect my oppion on this(and the below answer).

However people rember me is how they remember me. It doesn't matter to me because 1. I'm dead, 2. what I did in life influences how people rember me if its not good then thats my fault and I if I have a problem with it oh well.

No.

Aerith's Knight
03-05-2008, 05:10 AM
ill decide when its almost time.

Denmark
03-05-2008, 05:24 AM
So foul and fair a day I have not seen. Forsooth, the Bard of Avon should only bring out the worst in his characters.

I've planned a number of different songs to be played at my funeral. Popular choices include Radiohead's "Motion Picture Soundtrack" and Tool's "Wings for Marie" (pts. 1 and 2).

edczxcvbnm
03-05-2008, 05:31 AM
No need for poems. My funeral will go down like the funeral in Last Action Hero XD

Tasura
03-05-2008, 05:59 AM
For a song, either No Fear or Funeral Song by The Rasmus.

Ceremony wise, I don't give a rat's ass.

And as for my tomb stone "^^vv<><>BASelStr ..... where are my extra lives?!"

KentaRawr!
03-05-2008, 07:41 AM
I'll record myself saying the following: "Hey guys, whaaat's uuuup!?!?" And have it play at my funeral, just to cut into the music. After that, I'll say "Hah, just kidding guys, I'm really dead. Continue as scheduled."

Blue Harvest
03-05-2008, 11:28 AM
I don't care about my funeral so long as my tombstone reads "Needs moar phoenix down imho"

Balzac
03-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Song: South of Heaven by Slayer.

How I want to be remembered: Hopefully I'll make something that benifits people or people get amusement from. So that'll do.

Was I hot for teacher?: I used to date a hot music teacher.

NeoTifa
03-08-2008, 06:29 PM
lol i didnt expect anybody to actually post in this so morbid thread XD

anywho, i also want to be buried with the american flag on my casket. id probably be president (well, ex-pres anyways) by that point, and have been assassinated. i want people to cry, so i can look over them as a ghost and lmfao. jk. i would want them to get it out of their system, so my wish can be fulfilled. (read poem on first post)

and my sophmore year english teacher was a hottie as well. b-thom. he was too fun though. they fired him after one year. :( ;_;

TyphoonThaReapa
03-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Only one request: Play Crossroads at my funeral and I could rest in peace...

Polaris
03-08-2008, 06:32 PM
A song by Albinoni Tomasso

hm as someone that I truly was :)

WTF

Blue Harvest
03-08-2008, 10:10 PM
To answer the teacher question, my psychology teacher was as hot as all get out. I heard she was fired for flashing a group of year 7s. Gutted I missed it tbh.

Rianoa
03-10-2008, 08:40 PM
hmm ive thought about this alot i want bring me to life evanescence just for the fun factor hehe:pinkelephant:

Big D
03-10-2008, 10:31 PM
My funeral will involve all those present consuming my body.

Either that or they will compress my ashes and make a bowling ball out of me and then hold a bowling tournament.

Or maybe I'll be fashioned into a dildo.There's a company that can take the carbon from your body and fashion it into an artificial diamond - a little creepy, but kinda neat at the same time. Ferengi funeral FTW ...have them cut up my body and sell it in sections.Mmm, vacuum-packed for freshness... I won't be surprised if that actually happens before too long. Someone rich and famous, with far too high an opinion of themselves.
Still, always good to have a quality Ferengi reference. EoFF needs more of those.

Bloodline666
03-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Personally, I'd like to have a Viking funeral.

Montoya
03-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Pain is temporary, Pride is forever.