PDA

View Full Version : Momiji's FFTA Challenge: Viera-only Playthrough

Momiji
03-05-2008, 05:56 PM
EDIT: This is where I will keep updating my Viera-only playthrough. I'll keep the most recent update in my first post here.

Rules: Only Viera classes can be used, unless Marche and Montblanc are needed in the engagement. All other members of the party (aside from Marche and Montblanc) must be expelled from your party. You may, however, recruit Ritz, Shana, Babus, Ezel, etc. at the end of the game, but only Ritz and Shana may be used in engagements (since Ritz is basically a Viera, class-wise).

Update #2!

Clan Tsukuyomi (Level 2)
Missions Cleared: 11

Party:
Marche, Level 4 Human Soldier
Equipment:
Silver Sword
Cuirass
Bronze Shield

Comments:
I'm trying to make Marche as versatile as possible for the battles he's going to be in. I figured the best I can do is to protect the viera (Paladin) and deal damage from far away (Illusionists hit every enemy on the map, maybe with low damage, but every little bit helps.)
As soon as I finish learning Speedbreak, I'm going to change him to a Black Mage to start the Illusionist path.

________________________________________ __

Montblanc, Level 4 Moogle Black Mage
Equipment:
Thunder Rod
Blaze Robe

Comments: I really don't plan on much for Montblanc. To be honest, I don't really care for moogles in this game due to their 'okay with everything, best at nothing' styles. Montblanc will just be a Black Mage/Time Mage combo.

________________________________________ ____

Tina, Level 5 Viera Sniper/Archer
Equipment:
Windslash Bow
Leather Garb
Green Beret

Comments: Tina is already a sniper, and will eventually be trained as an elementalist as well, for status effect attacks along with long range attacks. I'm trying to make her an all-around long range/magic user. Versatility is the word with this one.

________________________________________ ______

Candice, Level 5 Viera Fencer
Equipment:
Flamberge
Chain Plate
Bronze Shield
Fortune Ring

Comments: Candice, when I she joined my party, was originally an assassin, but that didn't allow much for expansion afterwards. I'm deciding to make her an Assassin/Fencer, specializing in short-range combat.

________________________________________ _______

Catrine, Level 5 Viera Elementalist
Equipment:
Fleuret
Blaze Robe

Comments: Catrine originally joined my party as an Elementalist, so I decided to stick with it for now. I think I'm going to make her an Elementalist/Red Mage, for a magical support character, who can attack as well.

________________________________________ __________

Diana, Level 5 Viera White Mage
Equipment:
Pure Staff
Hempen Robe

Comments: Diana is the force that keeps this team of 4 alive. (Remember, I don't use Marche and Montblanc unless it's a storyline battle, though leveling them up may be required to make the game harder (You only attract enemies as strong as your weakest character, or an average of your levels. I don't remember which.)) Anyway, Diana will be a Summoner/White Mage, a stereotypical AoE damage user and healer.

________________________________________ ____

Viera #5, unrecruited
This one will likely be the Red Mage you recruit later on in the game who automatically has Doublecast. She will be a Summoner/Red Mage.

________________________________________ _____

qwertysaur
03-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Try a no class change challenge. You get to play normally, but never change any of the job classes.

Roogle
03-06-2008, 06:18 PM
The Final Fantasy Tactics series is known for its fan community creating and delegating challenges on a regular basis. Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions challenges consist, usually, of single class or single character challenges.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance challenges consist of single class or single race challenges, so I am not sure if a single character challenge is particularly viable or interesting as it is in Final Fantasy Tactics or Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions.

I think that a single race or a single class challenge would prove to be more fruitful and various than its predecessors' counterparts. Since we can utilize multiple races in a single class challenge or multiple classes in a single race challenge, there is more variation to the monotony of some of the advanced challenges, and your team will look fairly interesting, too —

Momiji
03-06-2008, 08:21 PM
The Final Fantasy Tactics series is known for its fan community creating and delegating challenges on a regular basis. Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions challenges consist, usually, of single class or single character challenges.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance challenges consist of single class or single race challenges, so I am not sure if a single character challenge is particularly viable or interesting as it is in Final Fantasy Tactics or Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions.

I think that a single race or a single class challenge would prove to be more fruitful and various than its predecessors' counterparts. Since we can utilize multiple races in a single class challenge or multiple classes in a single race challenge, there is more variation to the monotony of some of the advanced challenges, and your team will look fairly interesting, too —

Sounds good. I think I'll do an all-viera challenge (except for the rounds where you're required to use Marche and Montblanc).

Roogle
03-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Please keep us updated on the status of your challenge. The Viera are a versatile race, so it should play a little like a normal game.

Momiji
03-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Please keep us updated on the status of your challenge. The Viera are a versatile race, so it should play a little like a normal game.

Well, okay. Shall I make a new thread for that, or should I just start it in here?

Roogle
03-07-2008, 03:55 PM
You may do whatever you think is necessary. If you create a new topic to discuss your Viera Only playthrough, I would ask that you edit your opening post in this topic to discuss ideas or tips on challenges for any user that might happen upon the thread, but, like you said, traffic is low —

Momiji
03-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Meh. Traffic IS low, even more so since the two Tactics forums have been merged. I'll just make this my Viera playthrough thread (could you please change the title to 'Momiji's FFTA Challenge: Viera-only Playthrough'?)

Rules: Only Viera classes can be used, unless Marche and Montblanc are needed in the engagement. All other members of the party (aside from Marche and Montblanc) must be expelled from your party. You may, however, recruit Ritz, Shana, Babus, Ezel, etc. at the end of the game, but only Ritz and Shana may be used in engagements (since Ritz is basically a Viera, class-wise).

First Update:

Anyway... I just started, so I haven't had the chance to recruit any extra Viera just yet. As it stands:

Clan Tsukuyomi, Level 1. Missions Completed: 1
Current Members:

Marche, Level 3 Human Soldier
(Planning to have him become a Paladin/Thief or Paladin/Illusionist)

(Planning to have him become a Black Mage/Animist or Black Mage/Time Mage)

Tina, level 2 Viera Archer
I'm planning on making this character a Sniper/Elementalist.

Viera 2, unrecruited
This one will be a Red Mage/White Mage.

Viera 3, unrecruited
This one will be a Summoner/Red Mage.

Viera 4, unrecruited
This one will be an Assassin/Sniper.

Viera 5, unrecruited
This one will be an Elementalist/White Mage.

Momiji
03-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Update #2!

Clan Tsukuyomi (Level 2)
Missions Cleared: 11

Party:
Marche, Level 4 Human Soldier
Equipment:
Silver Sword
Cuirass
Bronze Shield

Comments:
I'm trying to make Marche as versatile as possible for the battles he's going to be in. I figured the best I can do is to protect the viera (Paladin) and deal damage from far away (Illusionists hit every enemy on the map, maybe with low damage, but every little bit helps.)
As soon as I finish learning Speedbreak, I'm going to change him to a Black Mage to start the Illusionist path.

Equipment:
Thunder Rod
Blaze Robe

Comments: I really don't plan on much for Montblanc. To be honest, I don't really care for moogles in this game due to their 'okay with everything, best at nothing' styles. Montblanc will just be a Black Mage/Time Mage combo.

Tina, Level 5 Viera Sniper/Archer
Equipment:
Windslash Bow
Leather Garb
Green Beret

Comments: Tina is already a sniper, and will eventually be trained as an elementalist as well, for status effect attacks along with long range attacks. I'm trying to make her an all-around long range/magic user. Versatility is the word with this one.

Candice, Level 5 Viera Fencer
Equipment:
Flamberge
Chain Plate
Bronze Shield
Fortune Ring

Comments: Candice, when I she joined my party, was originally an assassin, but that didn't allow much for expansion afterwards. I'm deciding to make her an Assassin/Fencer, specializing in short-range combat.

Catrine, Level 5 Viera Elementalist
Equipment:
Fleuret
Blaze Robe

Comments: Catrine originally joined my party as an Elementalist, so I decided to stick with it for now. I think I'm going to make her an Elementalist/Red Mage, for a magical support character, who can attack as well.

Diana, Level 5 Viera White Mage
Equipment:
Pure Staff
Hempen Robe

Comments: Diana is the force that keeps this team of 4 alive. (Remember, I don't use Marche and Montblanc unless it's a storyline battle, though leveling them up may be required to make the game harder (You only attract enemies as strong as your weakest character, or an average of your levels. I don't remember which.)) Anyway, Diana will be a Summoner/White Mage, a stereotypical AoE damage user and healer.

Viera #5, unrecruited
This one will likely be the Red Mage you recruit later on in the game who automatically has Doublecast. She will be a Summoner/Red Mage.

Markus. D
03-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Fencer won't do you wrong thar~ :3!

Fr3nZ!i
03-16-2008, 06:58 PM
If so I'm gonna try a bangaa only team....I'll post a new thread to tell you guys about my experience....I think they can hold their own....just wish bangaa had a badass job like the elementalist...god they are helpful! So yea..I'll let you guys know!
Fr3nZ!i (frenzii)

Roogle
03-18-2008, 10:13 PM
If so I'm gonna try a bangaa only team....I'll post a new thread to tell you guys about my experience....I think they can hold their own....just wish bangaa had a badass job like the elementalist...god they are helpful! So yea..I'll let you guys know!
Fr3nZ!i (frenzii)

Good luck. I think that the Bangaa Only Playthrough is more difficult than the Viera Only Playthrough.

Momiji, keep up the good work. The Viera Red Mage that begins with Double Cast and Barrier is named Eldena. Make sure that you don't lose the mission item Elda's Cup or you won't be able to get her!

Momiji
03-19-2008, 01:33 AM
Fr3nZ!i (frenzii)

Good luck. I think that the Bangaa Only Playthrough is more difficult than the Viera Only Playthrough.

Momiji, keep up the good work. The Viera Red Mage that begins with Double Cast and Barrier is named Eldena. Make sure that you don't lose the mission item Elda's Cup or you won't be able to get her!

Eldena, that's the name. I knew it started with an E.

However, I'm taking a bit of a break from FFTA due to me playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Once it loses some of it's constant awesomeness, I'll come back to this. xD

Markus. D
04-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Spam the hell out of the Fencer's Nighthawk! :D!
:DDDDD!

Momiji
04-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Sorry I haven't been working on this, I just wanted to post to say I haven't given up, FFTA has just taken a backseat right now, because I'm currently busy with other things.