PDA

View Full Version : EoFF, I love you times a thousand!

Jessweeee♪
03-05-2008, 10:50 PM
You totally saved me today! I was trying to think of something to write about for the prompt I was given for the English TAKS test, then I remembered a certain post I made in the FFVIII section when I was a newbie. So I exaggerated it and made up a couple of things and YAY! I've got an essay that's good enough for me to pass, at least.

I have no trouble with the reading and grammar part, but the writing prompt is what kills me, and if you fail that part you fail the whole test :kaocry2:

ANYWAY.

This is a thread about standardized tests.

Jojee
03-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Hahaha you wrote about an FFVII thread? :p Rockin'

I've taken SAT, ACT, and LSATs. Also a few SAT II tests. And some AP tests.

Jessweeee♪
03-05-2008, 10:54 PM
It was a very embarrassing post D:

Rye
03-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I think standardized tests like the SATs are the bane of all existence and I'm pretty convinced their retarded math section is the reason I didn't get into my top college of choice, because no matter how many times I studied and worked on it, I just couldn't do well. Or maybe I'm retarded, because that math stumps me. Whatever.

Tavrobel
03-05-2008, 10:58 PM
The SAT I isn't a very valid form of "measuring intelligence" or "aptitude." It says it does what it does, yet it really doesn't. But, people use it, so people assume it works. It doesn't, but be that as it may, nothing will change.

The SAT II subjects tests are better.

I've so far taken SATs and two AP tests. I will be adding another six by the end of the year.

Jojee
03-05-2008, 11:01 PM
I like standardized tests because I do well at them :p I don't like that I'm lazy and I never study as much as I should though... or at all... I could do better.

Just because I test well doesn't mean I'll do well in real life or whatever though, that's all different. Still for me, this crappy stupid skewed test system is good. xD

Araciel
03-05-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm not very testy.

Shiny
03-05-2008, 11:18 PM
I don't like tests and I refuse to study something I've learned ad nauseum. But at the same time I love tests because it shows other people that you can still do well and not study. Just shows people how tests are full of crap and people waste their time studying for them and wracking their brains.

rubah
03-05-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm mostly done with them I think.

~*~Celes~*~
03-05-2008, 11:32 PM
I took the ACT instead of the SAT and got a 22...I would have done MUCH worse on the SAT. I know because I took a pre-test for both.

Anno Domini
03-06-2008, 12:19 AM
i have no problem taking the writing tests. it flows out of me:tongue:

but i hate the SickAnd Twisteds