PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Jedi, that's why.

Araciel
03-06-2008, 01:29 AM
I've been trying to come up with an exhaustive list of all the things that make me geeky. It's hard because some of the things kind of overlap, or I don't know how to categorize them properly, like...is liking videogames even valid anymore? Also, if it is, would it be too extensive to list by genre, or since they're so mainstream, to point out the geeky genres/titles?

anyway, my head is exploding with this totally redundant and pointless use of my time.

Do you ever do pointless things? I mean... not things that other people see as pointless...things you think are pointless while you do them, then realise there must be a point, and it becomes a new chore to try and discover what that point is...?

Anno Domini
03-06-2008, 01:40 AM
dude, what color pills did you take? im totally confused now O.o

Caraliz
03-06-2008, 01:40 AM
i'm nerdy because i sing dollar dollar bill y'all in my black person voice. and there must be a higher purpose and point to this.

Araciel
03-06-2008, 01:42 AM

All my pills are white...which is confusing, believe me.

Marshall Banana
03-06-2008, 01:44 AM
"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Aurey
03-06-2008, 01:46 AM
No! NEVER.

Anno Domini
03-06-2008, 01:48 AM

All my pills are white...which is confusing, believe me.
XD that explains it:laugh:

Miss_Lulu
03-06-2008, 02:06 AM
i'm a geek because i go around singing the 'free credit report.com' and 'the magical amount' comericals.

i just randomly burst into song. it gets some amusing looks.

Madame Adequate
03-06-2008, 02:12 AM
I'm a geek because a few days ago I made a spreadsheet for fun. Nothing complex. I actually did the first hundred calculations in my head, but it ended up being tiresome, and would have been really hard to do.

Oh yeah and I worship technology like it was God's own creation.

oddler
03-06-2008, 02:24 AM
spreadsheet

:drool:

Aerith's Knight
03-06-2008, 03:06 AM
I guess im a geek because i study psysics, like to play video games, actually read books, usually leave parties at 4 am, etc

Peegee
03-06-2008, 04:16 AM
Everything I do is pointless, and not in the 'life sucks' pessimistic sort of way.

~*~Celes~*~
03-06-2008, 04:18 AM
I'm a geek because I spend tons of my time at my computer, I read a lot, I'm very wordy when I want to be, and I actually enjoy doing homework.

EDIT: Oh, can't forget the whole "band geek" stereotype. Geesh :rolleyes2

Aerith's Knight
03-06-2008, 04:25 AM
whats it with people and joining school bands?

i always thought that was lame xD

i rather play a solo piano concerto than having to wear weird blue outfit xD

rubah
03-06-2008, 04:35 AM
I am a geek because I am taking all these hard math and science classes and I love them :O

Denmark
03-06-2008, 04:37 AM
I LOVE COMPUTER PROGRAMMING

Madame Adequate
03-06-2008, 04:37 AM
Oh, and now I've decided to calculate the masses of various configurations of ringworlds and Dyson spheres, to see which planet(s) we'd need to demolish to build one.

For the fun of it.

Edit: Oh and I want to learn a musical instrument. I'm thinking piano. Or, I might get around to building a theremin.

rubah
03-06-2008, 04:38 AM
I forgot an important addendum to my post; I'm a <em>girl</em>.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-06-2008, 04:39 AM
I will read books in one sitting, only pausing to eat, sometimes forgetting to eat or sleep. I spend most of my time online. I have fanboyish tendencies with certain video games series. I am a HUGE Sailor Moon fan. My BL collection is greater than all the other manga genre I have.

escobert
03-06-2008, 06:35 AM
i'm nerdy because i sing dollar dollar bill y'all in my black person voice. and there must be a higher purpose and point to this.

Yes because it's the freakin cutest thing ever.

o_O
03-06-2008, 06:47 AM
I do <a href="http://www.projecteuler.net">this</a> for fun.

theundeadhero
03-06-2008, 06:55 AM
I moderate a final fantasy messege board and design webpages for its frontsite.

Ashi
03-06-2008, 07:49 AM
I don't know if I would count as a geek. I love working on Oracle databases, but planning them... well, it can get hectic especially when it's a team that's working on the database. Too opinionated about my diagrams and feel insulted when my teammates do not understand my logic.

There was this time when I was playing an MMORPG and had nothing to do (I think most my party members were offline) and decided I want to "organize" my items. While "physically" (meaning in game), the equipment weren't organized, but I made an excel spreadsheet noting down what types of items I had, their quantities and costs. That was FUN. That was probably the most fun I got out of that game for a long time.

My books, my games, my dvds and most other things are organized into categories. These categories do not make sense to most other individuals, which, I guess, makes me a geek of some kind.

Also, although I intern in the morning, have sports practice in the afternoon, I have language lessons at night school. My internship is a graduation requirement, but the sports and language classes are pretty much self-inflicted.

41-Inches-Wide
03-06-2008, 10:51 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GEEKS!
IMA BREAK U DORKY EYEWEAR AND FLUSH YOURE HEAD IN THE TOILETS. :mad2:

Roogle
03-06-2008, 03:06 PM
I believe that you would find yourself a little more geeky by classifying your video games hobby by genre. Which of the following looks more esoteric?

"I play video games."

"I play massively multiplayer online role-playing games, role-playing games, and fighting games."

Tallulah
03-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I write... fanfictions... :eep:

I am also a grammar Nazi. I got really worked up when I got a leaflet through my door which said: 'Sell your cars, property,electrical, almost anything LOCALY online'. Also misplaced apostrophes really get on my nerves e.g. "CD's for sale." It bugs the :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of me! :mad2:

Araciel
03-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Yes, apostrophe misuse bug's me.

Also, when ads use quotation marks to make words stick out when it jut makes it look silly, eg.

"Fresh" fish