PDA

View Full Version : Mafia Official Games and Hosting Information

Pages : [1] 2

Miriel
03-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Alrighty folks, since there's a lot of interest in people hosting Mafia games, we're gonna make a little list!

Future Hosts

1. GB / Bahamut2000X
2. Leen-Leen / Dynast-Kid
3. Denmark
4. Del Murder's mindsmurf setup

All game hosts can run up to TWO games before they have to hand it off to the next host. Or they can simply run one game and then pass it on to whoever is next.

I highly highly highly recommend that you guys team up in at least groups of two in order to run the game. It is a ton of work, and it'll be tough to do it on your own. Mafia is a hard game to try and balance properly, so do a bit of research at the Mafia Scum (http://mafiascum.net/forum/index.php) and maybe even get your game setup reviewed there.

This thread is where all the future game and host information is gonna go, so if you'd like to host a game, respond here! This way there's no confusion about who is going next and whatnot. Cool beans?

leader of mortals
03-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I wanna host!!! If ed wants to co-host with me thats good too.

edczxcvbnm
03-06-2008, 10:31 PM
joy is my unofficial co-host.

i plan one serious game and one super crazy game xD joy says everyone will hate me for the second game xD i am trying to balance it as much as possible but one can only balance so much insanity!

Jojee
03-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Hey I have nothing to do with your crazy antics... don't blame me people, hate ed instead :p

Goldenboko
03-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I'd like to host with someone, if you'd like to be my partner PM me, and then we can let Miriel know we'd like to be added to the list. I'll be open for a partner till I cross this post out and say otherwise :)

edczxcvbnm
03-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Hey I have nothing to do with your crazy antics... don't blame me people, hate ed instead :p

that is why you are unofficial xD

i am basically just bouncing ideas off of her and in return get yelled at for coming up with retarded ideas xD

Jojee
03-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Okay I'll take that credit xD

Freya
03-07-2008, 12:17 AM
OIe yeah, I'd like to do two I was hoping that would be the trend. It's crazy what levy started. Mafia has become a common trend in the EoFF life now.

Del Murder
03-07-2008, 02:07 AM
All I ask is that you guys don't try to top each other with your setups. It feels like the last few times were like that. If you think your setup is going to come off as crazy, at least let us know beforehand so we are prepared. :D

fire_of_avalon
03-07-2008, 02:13 AM
This is just blustery foa-pinion (yeah it's taken me four years to think that up) but unless you have ideas for multiples stick to one. I am impatient and I don't like waiting.

Jessweeee♪
03-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Death by Moogles and I will host a game sometime n.n

Goldenboko
03-07-2008, 03:35 AM
Add me and NeoCracker to the list :D

leader of mortals
03-07-2008, 12:30 PM
AFTER ME!!!:p

demondude
03-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I want to do two as well! Do you want to do it with me Lekana again? because there were a lot of ideas we liked but couldn't use.

Shiny
03-07-2008, 09:01 PM
I was a host for a deadly parasite once. (Not really.)

Freya
03-08-2008, 02:13 AM
DD, yeah it'd be us again I thinks. Unless you don't like me >:/

edczxcvbnm
03-08-2008, 03:34 AM
So what's the list now? xD

1. Lekana / Demon Dude
2. edczxcvbnm
3. Miriel / Del
4. leader of mortals
5. Jesswee / Death by Moogles
6. GB / Neo

? xD

Edit: Oi this is Jojee posting ^_^

demondude
03-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Of course I like you! Why wouldn't I?
And maybe we can do the celebrity theme that you want, as long I get dibs on the setup this time. :)

Psychotic
03-08-2008, 07:36 PM
GB / Neo will be the worst mafia game in history.

Del Murder
03-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Hopefully all of these games won't make the event watered down.

Jessweeee♪
03-08-2008, 08:00 PM
As long as we take breaks in between and keep them fresh :p

Del Murder
03-08-2008, 08:03 PM
There will be breaks, or else you can find another admin to reset those damn mafia accounts.

Goldenboko
03-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Hopefully all of these games won't make the event watered down.
Well we've had seven so far and they all have seemed good so far right?

None will be as bad as your monstrosities.

qwertysaur
03-09-2008, 12:59 AM
None will be as bad as your monstrosities.
:mad2:

NeoCracker
03-09-2008, 01:01 AM
Don't worry qwert, the one you were more in charge of was good. :p

Jessweeee♪
03-09-2008, 01:51 AM
I thought they were both cool :(

Roto13
03-09-2008, 03:37 AM
1. Lekana / Demon Dude
2. edczxcvbnm
3. Miriel / Del
4. leader of mortals
5. Jesswee / Death by Moogles
6. GB / Neo
7. ???
8. Profit

Psychotic
03-09-2008, 03:40 AM
None will be as bad as your monstrosities.Thank you, Captain Obvious! Of course they won't be as bad. My games weren't bad, whereas yours will be bad.

demondude
03-09-2008, 10:59 AM
I thought Psy and Qwerty did really well. :O

Psychotic
03-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh we're just messing with each other. :kiss:

I really think GB and NC will do just fine. ...but don't tell them I said that and if you are either GB or NC then I think you will be TERRIBLE!

Freya
03-20-2008, 03:20 AM
FYI You kids that want to host in the future. Don't. Especially if you have a short temper like mine. I'm only going for this one game. Have fun future hosts.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-20-2008, 03:23 AM
I'd make a good host. Sign me up...:cool:

Jojee
03-20-2008, 03:23 AM
Haha I'm with you on the short temper though. After hearing about what you've had to deal with, I'm so glad I didn't sign up to host. xD

oddler
03-20-2008, 03:49 AM
I signed up and wasn't even put on the list. :(

Bahamut2000X
03-20-2008, 03:53 AM
Me and WhatVVB figure we'll try our hand at hosting a game or 2. Sign us up.

Del Murder
03-20-2008, 04:34 AM
When the current game is over we'll sort out the list. You guys are of course free to start any mafia game at any time, just don't expect second accounts and secret forums.

Hosting these games does come with a lot of unexpected stress, and will test your patience. So consider that before signing up.

qwertysaur
03-20-2008, 04:40 AM
Hosting these games does come with a lot of unexpected stress, and will test your patience. So consider that before signing up.
Agreed.

Also if you want the game to run faster, then make the nights shorter. Your mafia will take up a lot of time doing nothing if you let them.

Freya
03-20-2008, 04:47 AM

You'd know a lot about testing patiences huh Del -.-

Del Murder
03-20-2008, 04:49 AM
Always remember that this is a game, and it is meant to be fun. So don't get too stressed out about it!

Psychotic
03-20-2008, 04:51 AM
PRO TIPS: Miriel and Goldenboko will always, ALWAYS complain. Ignore them and everything they say!

Freya
03-20-2008, 04:52 AM
Yeah it's a game guys so don't harass the mods with PM's complaining! :D They tend to hate that. And actually GB hasn't complained that much this round surprisingly.

~*~Celes~*~
03-20-2008, 05:08 AM
Perhaps, if I can find a co-host ^_^

Del Murder
03-20-2008, 05:11 AM
PRO TIPS: Miriel and Goldenboko will always, ALWAYS complain. Ignore them and everything they say!
If those are your top two you must have already been ignoring edczxcvbnm.

I wouldn't mind getting some complaining pms. I'd just inform them that the last person to send me one was Pyromaniak, and look what happened to him!

I'd say of 90% of the complaints you get, people won't care if you just ignore them. Most of the time they are just venting and voicing their opinion. This is a message board and inevitably that will happen. It's when you let it get to you and take it too seriously that it becomes a problem.

qwertysaur
03-20-2008, 05:14 AM
If those are your top two you must have already been ignoring edczxcvbnm.
He came to me instead. :p

edczxcvbnm
03-20-2008, 05:39 AM
Del...you guys were always complaining about my complaining XD Or at least Miriel was XD

Freya
03-20-2008, 05:44 AM
10% of complaints are for people who think your set up is unbalanced cause they are losing :D

Example: Ed

Del Murder
03-20-2008, 05:47 AM
Del...you guys were always complaining about my complaining XD Or at least Miriel was XD
Not me, I loved it. I can't wait until you host your clustersmurfed game.

Bahamut2000X
03-20-2008, 05:50 AM

Well as we've seen ed hasn't had much of a good track record of playing a mafia game. It's scary to think that he'll be in charge of running one. :shifty:

Psychotic
03-20-2008, 05:54 AM
ed never complained to me. He just went crazy instead.

edczxcvbnm
03-20-2008, 05:56 AM
XD I will be making my game this weekend. I have lots of ideas on what to do...Some are REALLY out there XD

That game will be crazy and I have decided the theme for that one...Peter Griffin themed XD

Thaddeus Griffin - Family Guy Wiki (http://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Thaddeus_Griffin)

Del Murder
03-20-2008, 05:59 AM
You'll have plenty of time to think about it.

Freya
03-20-2008, 06:02 AM
I think ed's will be lots of fun! With all his complaining I bet he'd be able to at least set up something decent. Either that or he'll go crazy again. Anyway it'll prolly be funner then some of the games before :D

edczxcvbnm
03-20-2008, 06:07 AM
The crazy game will be truely crazy...so crazy that I don't think it would be humanly possible to balance that insanity XD

Del Murder
03-20-2008, 06:11 AM
A game that crazy, might be too crazy to even contain on this forum, eh?

edczxcvbnm
03-20-2008, 06:22 AM
Nah. Just crazy enough to make complainers shut up and roll with it =D

Miriel
03-20-2008, 09:37 AM

True.

Although to be fair, I don't think I really complained all that much this game or the last game. Comments and rhetorical questions does not equal complaining. And I think there are plenty of people who complain even more than me or Boko (who btw, I thought played pretty well this time around). :greenie:

If you're gonna be a host, you're gonna get complaints. So suck it up.

I posted this elsewhere, but I think it's important to post here for future hosts to read.

You can't take every little comment/concern/complaint by players (or non-players) seriously. Unless it's a question that needs to be answered and clarified, just ignore it. There's nothing you can do about it until the game is over anyway, so just let it go.

Every single game there are gonna be complaints. Every single time. So don't get wrapped up in trying to defend yourself. Be as impartial as you can be. And I guess... just try not to get too involved. As a host, it's hard not to try and engage in the game and talk to players and whatnot, but the best thing to do is to stay out of it. Talk amongst yourselves instead. That's another reason why having a second host is good, so that instead of coming at the players, you can just bounce things off one another and be like, "grrr... can you believe so-and-so was complaining about this-and-that??" instead.

Biggest mistake a host can do is get too involved, post too much, cause that's how information that shouldn't be told slips out. It also ends up that if you get too involved, you end up feeling like every comment is somehow a personal attack against you when it's not.

Anyway. I've updated the first post with the order of hosts.

I don't really think Del Murder and I are gonna be up for hosting any time soon. Although Del might be up for helping on the admin side of things - but that's up to him. I'm not particularly looking to go through the whole hosting business again just yet.

Do you want to go ahead and sign up with leader of mortals?

Goldenboko
03-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah it's a game guys so don't harass the mods with PM's complaining! :D They tend to hate that. And actually GB hasn't complained that much this round surprisingly.

Because you actually set up an awesome, fair, entertaining game.

:rolleyes2

True.

Although to be fair, I don't think I really complained all that much this game or the last game. Comments and rhetorical questions does not equal complaining. And I think there are plenty of people who complain even more than me or Boko (who btw, I thought played pretty well this time around). :greenie:

Thank you :D

oddler
03-20-2008, 12:34 PM

Do you want to go ahead and sign up with leader of mortals?

Sure. I'm down as long as it's cool with leader of mortals. :choc2:

Bahamut2000X
03-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Bah these nights are way too long, me and What already said when we run our game it'll be 12 hour nights max.

Jojee
03-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Agreed that every host has to expect some complaints as it comes with a position of power. It's inevitable. xD But it also doesn't hurt to help them out a little by not complaining so much if you know that. I've seen past hosts complain a lot about getting so much complaints, so I hope at least those people and the people who knows what it's like would know better to cut a little slack. ^_^ At least until the game is over and they can see the full aspect of it.

I don't see the point of complaining to the hosts if you don't expect a reply though; there's other people to vent to like that, but when the host dedicates a lot of time and effort to trying to make a game work, you shouldn't be complaining to them just for the sake of complaining or venting. Sounds pretty inconsiderate.

And Steve is just a big whiner especially with the vote counts xD Bad Steve. I don't think he's complained about the game setup though.

So yeah, future hosts expect a lot of crap to deal with! But players, try not to be a part of that crap; you really can't expect them to make a perfect game. ^_^

edczxcvbnm
03-20-2008, 07:10 PM
It is what I and my whole family does in games XD All of a sudden we bust out some old rule no one follows and blah blah blah XD It it totally more fun that way =D

Jojee
03-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Hahaha well I'll be sure to complain to you extra much when you run your game, even when I'm not playing! ;) You'll enjoy it, right?

edczxcvbnm
03-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Hell yeah =D

Bahamut2000X
03-21-2008, 04:22 PM
When ed hosts I think I'm just going to do nothing but complain the whole time. Not about the game mind you, but mostly about how he smells and what not.

leader of mortals
03-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Me and oddler? Okay thats cool.

Aerith's Knight
03-21-2008, 06:32 PM
whats gonna be the topic?

leader of mortals
03-21-2008, 09:04 PM
I dont know. I'll have to speak with oddler...

We will probably come up with 3 choices and let you pick like the recent hosts did though.

I have such good idea's for set ups though! I made like 15 new or rethought roles!

[M] Helo
03-21-2008, 09:07 PM
how about a star wars theme.. i could have so much pun in that its ridiculous xD

or anime-theme.. or family-guy theme.. ill shut up now :)

lol you know what would be funny: morally concious godfather. if he's investigated more then once he kills himself xD

leader of mortals
03-21-2008, 09:19 PM
I'll tell you one role I want to use...

Actor: If recruited, can choose to either join that team or stay on his/her team and still see the forum. Wins with either town or mafia. After recruited will get to choose side. If turns down mason recruit is mafia and sees both forums. If turns down mafia recruit is mason and sees both forums.

Slightly overpowered, but what is the chance of getting him to be recruited instead of others.

Edit: 2 mafia groups of course to keep him from ending the game too quick.

[M] Helo
03-21-2008, 09:26 PM
true, sounds like a good role.. sorta like a neutral traitor.

leader of mortals
03-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Crono;2451267']sorta like a neutral traitor.

exactly

Aerith's Knight
03-21-2008, 09:35 PM
I wish someone would put in a physchopath.. and in extension a shrink..

that would be awsome..

leader of mortals
03-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I do have a shrink

scum, certain townies, and if I use it insane cop come up as crazy

qwertysaur
03-22-2008, 01:16 AM
I'll tell you one role I want to use...

Actor: If recruited, can choose to either join that team or stay on his/her team and still see the forum. Wins with either town or mafia. After recruited will get to choose side. If turns down mason recruit is mafia and sees both forums. If turns down mafia recruit is mason and sees both forums.

Slightly overpowered, but what is the chance of getting him to be recruited instead of others.

Edit: 2 mafia groups of course to keep him from ending the game too quick.
Actor is already a role though. It's a townie that can only cast the lynching vote.

leader of mortals
03-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Oddler commented on that too, so I wonder what it should be called now...

[M] Helo
03-22-2008, 01:25 AM
Oddler commented on that too, so I wonder what it should be called now...

rat

leader of mortals
03-22-2008, 01:27 AM
thats actually not all that bad...

You officialy won this thread AK!

Oddler what do you think about rat?

Del Murder
03-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Actor sounds like an overpowered role that shouldn't be used.

I really think the recruitment ability has run its course and needs to go away. I've decided I don't like it. Changing the win condition for someone midgame causes too much confusion, and nullifies everything you have been playing for up to that point.

leader of mortals
03-22-2008, 02:26 AM
we really weakened the actor role and I think recruitment adds a nice little twist to the game.

Psychotic
03-22-2008, 02:30 AM
I agree with Del Murder. In the last game, foa raped the town as the vig but was rewarded for it by being recruited and that turned me off side-switching.

Bahamut2000X
03-22-2008, 02:31 AM
I kind of like the idea of recruiting, but I agree it is getting a tad over used of late.

I'm pumped for me and WhatVVB's game though I think we made a pretty interesting game set up, nothing really crazy and whacky, just something that will make you think a good deal and be something interesting to play in.

Though we're thinking of trying to get a little experience at hosting before then by running a small 12-ish man game after this in the RP section, since that C9 game filled fast, might as well have a second (that is if qwerty or whoever continues with another C9).

leader of mortals
03-22-2008, 02:31 AM
maybe we will have one game with and one game without recruiting

Bahamut2000X
03-22-2008, 02:33 AM
I agree with Del Murder. In the last game, foa raped the town as the vig but was rewarded for it by being recruited and that turned me off side-switching.

Personally I see it just as FoA helping out her true team before she knew it. :D

Psychotic
03-22-2008, 02:56 AM
Haha.

Well if you do want recruitment, remember it is extremely powerful and to balance it as such!

Del Murder
03-22-2008, 03:14 AM
I'm pumped for me and WhatVVB's game though I think we made a pretty interesting game set up, nothing really crazy and whacky, just something that will make you think a good deal and be something interesting to play in.

You say so now, but some people have a really liberal view of what crazy and wacky means!

It's not that I don't think recruitment has its place, but I think it is something that should be in every 1 out of 10 games rather than every single game.

edczxcvbnm
03-22-2008, 06:00 AM
I never liked that recruitment doesn't allow certain roles to be recruited XP Every one has their price!

leader of mortals
03-22-2008, 12:13 PM
It's not that I don't think recruitment has its place, but I think it is something that should be in every 1 out of 10 games rather than every single game.

How do you feel about mason recruiting? You dont switch sides in that.

Del Murder
03-22-2008, 06:29 PM
It gives a lot of power to the town. To nullify that power somewhat, game mods have given the stipulation that masons are able to recruit scum members without knowing it. I didn't like that as it defeats the purpose of what the masons are, a group who know they are town.

Masons are another thing that I would expect to see in every few games, yet they have been in the last three. So I want to see something different.

leader of mortals
03-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Maybe me and oddler, whenever he is on, will have to rethink things... If del murder says it it must be true!

Del Murder
03-22-2008, 06:37 PM
You guys can do what you want. Every game will be unique. You can do the same setup 10 times and it will be different each time just by the way people play it. I just find certain 'power roles' of the game to have run their course and we could use something different.

Psychotic
03-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Masons are another thing that I would expect to see in every few games, yet they have been in the last three. So I want to see something different.Masons are a lot more common than that. They've been in three of seven EoFF games and that's probably less than average for internet mafia games!

Bahamut2000X
03-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Masons are another thing that I would expect to see in every few games, yet they have been in the last three. So I want to see something different.Masons are a lot more common than that. They've been in three of seven EoFF games and that's probably less than average for internet mafia games!

Ya but none of the mafias I've seen (at least the past 2 games, dunno about htis one yet) the masons have been hella weak. FF edition they had only 2 members, and last game they only started with 2 and had a single recruit, which ended up getting used on cult. We've yet to have a masons be decent, at least of the games I've played.

leader of mortals
03-23-2008, 02:39 AM
I really tried to make the masons stronger on my setup

Miriel
03-30-2008, 06:30 AM
Alrighty. I don't think Lekana and DD are hosting another game. If I'm wrong, just let me know.

I updated the list, and edczxcvbnm is next to go whenever he's ready.

Jessweeee♪
03-30-2008, 06:33 AM
I really tried to make the masons stronger on my setup

Your game will be so easy because we already know so many of the roles xD

Freya
03-30-2008, 07:26 AM
Yeah I don't have time to host another. :/

Del Murder
03-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Alrighty. I don't think Lekana and DD are hosting another game. If I'm wrong, just let me know.

If ed wants mafia accounts, then he's next to go whenever I'm ready. Which will be in two weeks minimum.

edczxcvbnm
04-01-2008, 04:21 AM
Good by me Del. Just PM me when you are ready.

Miriel
04-01-2008, 04:43 AM

If ed wants mafia accounts, then he's next to go whenever I'm ready. Which will be in two weeks minimum.

*kick*

Two weeks from now I have a TonyVisit and papers to write! Do it sooner!

Aerith's Knight
04-01-2008, 04:46 AM
the sooner you do it, the sooner it will be over.

edczxcvbnm
04-01-2008, 05:07 AM

*kick*

Two weeks from now I have a TonyVisit and papers to write! Do it sooner!

Too Late. 2 weeks has been etched into my mind and that is when it will be done XD

Del Murder
04-01-2008, 05:22 AM
I could always do it later.

edczxcvbnm
04-01-2008, 05:33 AM
Nah. We can't put it off forever and we can keep pushing it off just because someone happens to be busy at the time. Then this will never get done.

leader of mortals
04-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Come on and hurry so we can host our game!

Levian
04-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Not that big a rush, is it? Keep in mind that people will quickly get sick and tired if the games occur too often and with too short a break in between the games. In my opinion, there should be at least a month in between each game. But that's up to the hosts and the helping admin.

Jessweeee♪
04-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Goodness, has it even been two weeks?

Three weeks MINIMUM.

qwertysaur
04-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Come on and hurry so we can host our game!
You can always start a game, but you won't get the second accounts, and might not even get any mod help at all. :p

Jessweeee♪
04-05-2008, 04:05 AM
Mogi and I are looking for a third co-host that lives overseas! We think it would be good to have more time zones covered n.n

Del Murder
06-05-2008, 04:12 AM
Ok ed's game was a flop so lom/oddler you're up. Lekana has expressed interest in hosting a game so speak up if you are on the list and have your setup in mind.

Roto13
06-05-2008, 04:36 AM
Isn't ed planning on taking his second turn?

Del Murder
06-05-2008, 04:54 AM
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Roto13
06-05-2008, 04:58 AM
What?

Del Murder
06-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Translation: ed can have another chance to smurf things up once other people who have expressed interest have done their games.

Roto13
06-05-2008, 05:03 AM
History shows that he doesn't need to host to smurf things up. :P

oddler
06-06-2008, 10:23 PM
I already posted in the other thread that Lekana made but I'll do it here, too. I don't have a problem with L and R taking their second turn in front of us. Go on with your bad selves.

Miriel
06-17-2008, 03:39 AM
Lineup for future Mafia hosts has been updated on the first post.

Denmark also, I believe, is looking for someone to co-host. So contact him if you're interested!

Jessweeee♪
06-17-2008, 03:40 AM
DENMARK WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

Mogi and I want an overseas co-host to cover more timezones S:

Dynast-Kid
06-17-2008, 03:50 AM
OMG We're on the list, Eileen! WE'RE ON THE LIST. xDDD

*explodes*

Oh, and approximately how long do y'all think will be between each game? Leen-Leen and I's game is, what 4 games away? I wanna be given a basic idea of when to be absolutely prepared.

Denmark
06-17-2008, 04:08 AM
Sorry Jessweee, I'm American too. Which means I'll want an overseas co-host! Cause I could cover all timezones by myself only if I hosted RIGHT NOW when I don't need sleep.

Being at the end of the list will also give me time to plan my setup.

Psychotic
06-17-2008, 04:10 AM
Oh, and approximately how long do y'all think will be between each game? Leen-Leen and I's game is, what 4 games away? I wanna be given a basic idea of when to be absolutely prepared.Around four months I'd guess.

Dynast-Kid
06-17-2008, 04:15 AM
Oh, and approximately how long do y'all think will be between each game? Leen-Leen and I's game is, what 4 games away? I wanna be given a basic idea of when to be absolutely prepared.Around four months I'd guess.

Hmm, so around September/October...Sounds good to me.

Also, can we all discuss themes we may want to use? I know me and Eileen have several we've mulled over, and I think it would be good if we all had a pretty basic idea of what themes to expect, avoid, etc.

Or maybe i'm just getting ahead of myself. xDDD

Jojee
06-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Dunno if this has been said already, but with all the people lined up to host, I wouldn't mind allowing only 1 game before changing to a new host. :3

Goldenboko
06-17-2008, 03:18 PM
That would be awful! Me and Neo wanted to both set up 1 game each, then the other would moderate the others game!

Jojee
06-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Hahah mmk, just a suggestion. I'd think it'd be longer than 4 month wait for Dynast then, with ~2 weeks (?) between each game and 1-2 weeks to run each game. xD

Goldenboko
06-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Yeah, but everyone else has waited so should newcomers :P

Jessweeee♪
06-17-2008, 05:01 PM
You can always get back in line :p

Miriel
06-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Dunno if this has been said already, but with all the people lined up to host, I wouldn't mind allowing only 1 game before changing to a new host. :3

I don't think this is such a bad idea, actually.

leader of mortals
06-17-2008, 08:36 PM
I think only 1 game should be allowed per group, and then they can come back later as lekana is doing

Levian
06-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes, I don't really know what was up with that 2 games in a row thing.

Miriel
06-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes, I don't really know what was up with that 2 games in a row thing.

I think the idea was, if you messed up (or someone else messed up) your first game, or if it wasn't exactly balanced, or whatever, you still had a second chance at it.

In the beginning, the 2 games per host would go by rather quickly. These days, we're like waiting weeks in between games. I think 4 months to get through the current list is optimistic. I'm thinking more like 6 months.

Levian
06-17-2008, 09:34 PM
So if nothing gets messed up in the first game, then move on?

oddler
06-17-2008, 09:37 PM
lom and I were planning separate games, though. :mog::mog::mog::mog::mog:

Levian
06-17-2008, 10:00 PM
that's true, and I don't think you're the only one following that line of thought. aah big can of worms. Let's go fishing.

Bahamut2000X
06-17-2008, 10:30 PM
While Jojee has a point I think the way it is, works now, so long as each host is doing their own set up.

I think 4 months to get through the current list is optimistic. I'm thinking more like 6 months.

My thoughts exactly. I'm even prepared with the thought that my turn won't be until 2009 if we go real slow in running games again. :p

Del Murder
06-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Ok Lekana's had her turns so lom/oddler you guys are next on the list. At least wait a couple weeks before you go at it but start thinking about your roles and theme so that I have plenty of time to be lazy about changing the names.

Freya
06-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Wooo and they were fun. I swear this thread gets revived too much....

Have fun future hosts. It's a bunch of work but when you get to watch the whole thing play out, it's really fun. You're little baby grows :3

qwertysaur
06-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Good luck future hosts! http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/Hina_Sakura/Bleach/Bleach%20Chibi%20Smiley/gin.gifShoot to kill!

leader of mortals
07-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Hey people, I need a new partner because oddler fails. I have the set-up down and the theme down too. Anyone wanna join? Please? :kaobeg2:

I can also do the role pms, but I will need some help in getting avatars, because I fail at google image search and paint:eep:

Goldenboko
07-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Hey people, I need a new partner because oddler fails. I have the set-up down and the theme down too. Anyone wanna join? Please? :kaobeg2:

I can also do the role pms, but I will need some help in getting avatars, because I fail at google image search and paint:eep:

Nevah, evah say oddler fails. I'm still said that he left forever.

I'd help, but I'm already signed up to do games with Neo.

leader of mortals
07-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Why did he leave anyway?

Rye
07-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I think I am the only person on this forum who doesn't play this. Big games like this make me nervous and confused. I'm never any good. xD

Have fun.

Goldenboko
07-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Why did he leave anyway?

Dun know. :spin:

Anyway, if LoM doesn't find anyone can I help him run, and he could make all the setups so I can work with Neo? Or would that not fly?

Seriously, someone just work with LoM!

Jessweeee♪
07-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Did Denmark ever find a partner?

EDIT:

The first post still lists him all aloney. Ask him :</>D!

Roto13
07-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Why did he leave anyway?

Dun know. :spin:

I'm thinking it's because Lunar left. :P Someone tell him Lunar came back.

leader of mortals
07-07-2008, 04:27 AM
Well, denmark and me are now partnered up. Dont expect the game for a little while though. I am just putting the finishing touches on the set-up.

leader of mortals
09-19-2008, 01:32 AM
Well denmark quit so I need yet another partner:mad2::p

Anyone?

Aerith's Knight
09-19-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm already in the next two games, so sorry nope.

But you could always just wait one turn, until you find a partner.

I mean, we(Jessweee, Moogles and me.. mostly them, I'm for the flavour) have worked out a theme and setup already.

Sounds like you got zip.

Sir Lancealot
09-19-2008, 02:19 AM
I'll help you host, LOM.

Yar
09-19-2008, 02:37 AM
What theme will the next game be?

leader of mortals
09-19-2008, 03:00 AM
Ok lancelot, we can partner up.

Oh, and denmark didnt fail as much as oddler did. He at least told me he was busy instead of saying nothing other than I wont be here much longer and nice meeting you...

Sir Lancealot
09-19-2008, 03:04 AM
OK, but I think we should start in a week when the holidays start here in Australia, otherwise you'll be doing most of the work.

Denmark
09-19-2008, 03:34 AM
Man, I didn't fail, I'm taking this game off from hosting so I DON'T fail. You know, school.

Yar
09-19-2008, 03:42 AM
Man, I didn't fail, I'm taking this game off from hosting so I DON'T fail. You know, school.

You should be ashamed for insinuating the Rob failed, lom. :mad2:

Sir Lancealot
09-19-2008, 07:40 AM
I'll need the setup as well, or don't we have one?

leader of mortals
09-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Im sorry, let me rephrase that...

Oh, and denmark didnt fail LIKE oddler did. He at least told me he was busy instead of saying nothing other than I wont be here much longer and nice meeting you...

Jessweeee♪
09-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Oh, yeah. AK is hosting with us, now.

leader of mortals
09-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Well lancelot if you want to make a set-up you are free to. I made the last one so if you want to make one I am fine with that.

Sir Lancealot
09-19-2008, 10:28 PM
OK then, I thought that Denmark would have done his. Do you need a theme as well?

leader of mortals
09-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Yeah you can make it any theme you want.

Aerith's Knight
10-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Turns out Jessweeee is taking a little(or big) break, and won't be doing the mafia hosting thing.

Which means that in all likely-ness I will need a second. Not neccesarily, but would be nice for the time I have to go to school/sleep.

Goldenboko
10-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Hm, that's lame. I'd be willing to help if you need it, I know I'm suppose to run the next, therefore I'd prefer to give someone else a chance instead of me going 5 million times in a row, but if the situation becomes desperate enough, I'd be open to helping.

Aerith's Knight
10-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Well, it's not a lot of help I need. I'll write the flavours and such. I just need someone to keep an eye out when I'm asleep.

To close the thread in case of a speed lynch and such.

Goldenboko
10-22-2008, 12:30 AM
That's what I was referring to. 'Course if you find someone else, that'd be preferred, seeing as I'm up again next! :monster:

But hey, if you ever need me, you know where I am :jess:

qwertysaur
10-22-2008, 12:34 AM
I've already hosted a few games here, but if you have any trouble finding a partner PM me. :p

Aerith's Knight
10-22-2008, 12:49 AM
But hey, if you ever need me, you know where I am :jess:

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/3/10/21/f_latestg9irhm_60571b4.gif (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/10/21/f_latestg9irhm_60571b4.gif&srv=img02)

Goldenboko
10-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Bit off, sorry bud. I think you'd manage to destroy Yar-Yars though!

Yar
10-22-2008, 01:13 AM
If Yar-Yars had to live in Kansas, Yar-Yars would have already taken his own life. ;)

Goldenboko
10-22-2008, 01:16 AM
GoBo agrees, and wonders why Yar-Yars and GoBo are currently speaking in the 3rd person.

Aerith's Knight
10-22-2008, 01:28 AM
I thought I was aiming at Idaho. :p

demondude
10-26-2008, 12:22 PM
I want to start a small mafia game in the roleplaying forum.
Permission granted? *begs*

Goldenboko
10-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Just start it there, you don't really need permission.

demondude
10-26-2008, 02:22 PM
OMG REALLY! I HAVE THE BEST SET-UP EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

qwertysaur
10-26-2008, 04:41 PM
There is absolutely nothing holding anybody back from hosting a small mafia game in the RP forum. It's the big games that you have to wait on a line for to host.

Goldenboko
10-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Well, nothing except that while the large games are going you're less likely to get players.

demondude
10-26-2008, 04:59 PM
I just need 4 more players, I hope Psychotic joins. : 0

Goldenboko
10-26-2008, 05:06 PM
I want him to join so I can crush him. I'm callin' you out Psy!

demondude
10-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Psychotic get your lily-livered ass here right now!

Psychotic
10-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Sending me PMs calling me "penisface" and "bitch" is a really great way of getting me to join. :p

Cheeky little fuckers!

Goldenboko
10-26-2008, 06:15 PM
But you love my penis in your face because you're my bitch ;D!

Psychotic
10-26-2008, 06:19 PM
What the fuck.

demondude
10-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Join please!

Psychotic
10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
No.

demondude
10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
:kaocry: You join every game but mine!

Roto13
10-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Come on, Psy. You can ruin it with me. We'll tell each other our roles and then trade them or something.

qwertysaur
10-26-2008, 06:37 PM
:kaocry: You join every game but mine!
He didn't join eds

Goldenboko
10-26-2008, 06:38 PM
No.

You are afraid. AFRAID I SAY!

demondude
10-26-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm scared my game is becoming chaos before it even begins, Roto13 is scaring me.

Psychotic
10-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Saints Row 2 + Fable II + Elections = Sorry.

Levian
10-28-2008, 02:28 PM
AK:

Looks like you've got pretty much everything covered, but if you still need help closing the thread/ending nights and such, I don't mind helping. I'm not going to play anyway so I may as well make myself useful for something so people like Goldenboko and qwertyxsora can play.

demondude
10-28-2008, 02:31 PM
I wonder what the theme will be. =0

Aerith's Knight
10-28-2008, 04:53 PM
AK:

Looks like you've got pretty much everything covered, but if you still need help closing the thread/ending nights and such, I don't mind helping. I'm not going to play anyway so I may as well make myself useful for something so people like Goldenboko and qwertyxsora can play.

Ok, deal. I could use the help, and if you won't join anyway.

Levian
10-28-2008, 05:06 PM
:up:

demondude
10-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Are you gonna make it when the mini-mafia + the elections are over?

Denmark
10-28-2008, 05:36 PM
What ever happened to lom and Lancealot's game?

Levian
10-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Oh. I thought AK was next in line.

Yup, what's up with lom and lancealot's game? 2 months since last mafia game, that must be some sort of record, eh? ;)

demondude
10-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Well, the elections got in the way, so I made a small game as a filler; but it looks like the elections will still be going on when my game is finished. :/

Aerith's Knight
10-28-2008, 07:23 PM
If they aren't going to do anything, I'll start my game after DD's ends.

Then lom can go after that.

Sir Lancealot
10-28-2008, 08:17 PM
We are, but the names need to be changed first.

Denmark
10-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Remember how Mafia X was me and lom, and then I was all "Mafia XI will be the best evar" and then I was like "owait too much skool someone else take over" and then nothing happened after that.

Aerith's Knight
10-28-2008, 11:41 PM
God, I'll be glad when there is another anominous mafia game. I'm beginning to get really annoyed at people baiting me because of who I am. :mad:

qwertysaur
10-28-2008, 11:43 PM
We are, but the names need to be changed first.
PM Del.

NeoCracker
10-28-2008, 11:45 PM
So whose running the next game again?

Aerith's Knight
10-28-2008, 11:50 PM
lom

Del Murder
11-15-2008, 10:35 PM
I hope recent troubles show people that it takes more than coming up with a setup and a theme to be a mafia moderator. It's a lot of hard work and you cannot get lazy about it. For those on the list please keep in mind the amount of work it takes to prep for and run a game and carefully consider if you think you are up for it.

Tips:

Change all the passwords to something that cannot be guessed.

Don't take a break from the forums when it is your turn to mod. If you think you might be taking a break in the future then please take your name off the list. Running a game requires you to be online at least a couple times a day, and a lot more during the initial setup period.

Be prepared to be second guessed by your fellow members along the way.

Be prepared for me to be lazy about requests for name changes, forums, etc.

If you can't handle these things then maybe you are better off as a player and not a game master.

qwertysaur
11-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Also be prepared to set up offsite forums if Del wants to play the game. :p

Del Murder
11-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Actually I prefer that you do that anyway since setting up hidden forums here can get messy, especially if there are CK's playing.

Aerith's Knight
11-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Don't worry, the next two games will be professionally done. :)

We already have the forums set up, the set up itself, the avatars, the names, etc.

Btw, why was "vote for AK" back in my sig?

Del Murder
11-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Jessweeee and Death by Moogles are the next to host a game. Please send any admin requests you might have to me well in advance of your planned start time.

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2008, 08:20 PM
AK, too :p

Del Murder
11-25-2008, 08:25 PM
3 hosts? Who will be left to play this game?

Bahamut2000X
11-25-2008, 08:28 PM
I'll just sign up 3 times to make up for the lack of players then. It's alright, I think I can muster up a few split personalities just for the game.

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2008, 08:28 PM
One less player than you previously thought!

Aerith's Knight
11-25-2008, 08:34 PM
I will be an EPIC host! >:[

Everybody always forgets me. T__T

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2008, 08:36 PM
People won't forget you after Mafia XII :</>D!

Aerith's Knight
11-25-2008, 08:45 PM
^__^

*glomps Jessweeee♪-chan*

leader of mortals
11-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Hey jessweeee, every ten seconds Im gonna annoy you to start up and fix up the game, and I hope sir lancelot does the same...

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2008, 10:05 PM
The date is set, we're just waiting for it to come n.n

Aerith's Knight
11-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Kinda impossible when we'll start at the time we say, isn't it?

Unless you want to bother doing that in the five minutes we'll send out the pre-made role PM's.

Del Murder
11-25-2008, 11:31 PM
How cute, you guys think running a game during the busy holiday season is going to go according to plan.

Aerith's Knight
11-25-2008, 11:37 PM
The only delays would come from either player-variables or privileges-variables.

So, more or less, it wouldn't be our fault now, would it?

Del Murder
11-25-2008, 11:42 PM
I thought everything that goes wrong is the hosts' fault. :p

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2008, 11:44 PM
No. We are determined to make sure that if anything goes wrong, we can rightfully blame the players! Also the game should be done before Christmas, so that's one holiday season-related problem out of the way.

Goldenboko
11-26-2008, 12:10 AM
That too will make it worse. If I was going to play, I'd probably miss a day because of Christmas shopping.

Aerith's Knight
11-26-2008, 12:12 AM
If you need to do christmas shopping after the 17th, you are already too late imo. :p

Jessweeee♪
11-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Always finish your shopping before Thanksgiving!

Goldenboko
11-26-2008, 01:40 AM
If you need to do christmas shopping after the 17th, you are already too late imo. :p

Your opinion does stop last minute Christmas shoppers.

Levian
11-26-2008, 01:45 AM
I don't think I've ever been finished christmas shopping by the 17th.

Jessweeee♪
11-26-2008, 01:47 AM
...just how many people are you shopping for that you'd miss an entire day phase anyway o_o

Levian
11-26-2008, 01:50 AM
Oh, don't mind boko and I, we're not even playing. We're just posting out of old habit.

Goldenboko
11-26-2008, 01:56 AM
...just how many people are you shopping for that you'd miss an entire day phase anyway o_o

We go to the mall and then hang out while getting stuff. :)

Oh, don't mind boko and I, we're not even playing. We're just posting out of old habit.

What he said :)

Aerith's Knight
11-26-2008, 01:57 AM
You guys aren't playing?

You play in DD's production, but not mine?

Ghey.

Jessweeee♪
11-26-2008, 02:02 AM

...for 24+ hours?

Aerith's Knight
11-26-2008, 02:10 AM

...for 24+ hours?

They do other things..

http://img19.picoodle.com/img/img19/3/11/25/f_firem_57e57cc.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/11/25/f_firem_57e57cc.jpg&srv=img19)

Goldenboko
11-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Well, figure 8 hours sleeping, 20 minutes going to mall, 5 hours at mall, 1 and a half hours finding, eating somewhere, 20 minutes going home, some video games somewhere in there, yeah I wouldn't bother playing that day ;D

Levian
11-26-2008, 02:19 AM
You guys aren't playing?

You play in DD's production, but not mine?

Ghey.

The difference between yours and DD's game is that yours is in the middle of my exam period. I would've played if it was after the 19th of December, which is my last exam. But it's not, so whatchagonnado. I'll wait for the next game.

Jessweeee♪
01-08-2009, 11:26 PM
None of us are going to be available to host the next game, so the next set of hosts can take over. Gewd luk.

Del Murder
01-09-2009, 12:19 AM
That's Goldenboko and Neocracker. Pm me with your demands when ready, but give me plenty of time before you plan to start. Or you could try a different admin for possibly speedier results. I suggest kishi. He loves fourm games.

Freya
01-09-2009, 01:35 AM
I don't think neocracker is active anymore o.o

Bahamut2000X
01-09-2009, 01:46 AM
Eeks looks like I'm up in the next one. I may need a new partner since WhatVVB is fairly inactive anymore and didn't prove to be very reliable in 2 games thus far.

qwertysaur
01-09-2009, 01:50 AM
Goldenboko, you are partnered with Bahamut2000X now. Complaits to DD's visitor messages! Happy hosting!

Del Murder
01-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Fyi the game isn't going to start for a long while (as in mid-February at the earliest). We need to pace these to keep it from getting stale. We're just putting the thought out there.

Bahamut2000X
01-09-2009, 02:25 AM
Me and GoBo? Gasp! But we're like mortal enemies in Mafia! How will this dynamic duo unfold!?

Goldenboko
01-09-2009, 02:27 AM
Woah, why didn't anyone PM me with these events? xD

Bahamut2000X
01-09-2009, 02:31 AM
It would ruin the surprise party...errr...SURPRISE!!!

:happybday

Goldenboko
01-18-2009, 04:29 PM
We seem to have a bit of a Dilemma, I talked to NeoCracker yesterday for the first time in a while, and he was all like "wtf I was replaced?" If he sticks around we have a issue xD

Del Murder
01-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Well work it all out for yourselves, you have time.

Goldenboko
01-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Okay, so Crackah can't host with me. This means I can start planning, also means I need to start over in some/most areas of what I had planned =D

So assuming B2KX is active, this is all sorted out.

Bahamut2000X
01-27-2009, 04:44 AM
What'cha talking 'bout foo'. I always be active.

Though I haven't been around nearly as much this month due to just bad crap going down and classes. Though I should be a bit more free after changing my hellish work schedule finally.

demondude
05-29-2009, 03:35 PM
So uh, is Mafia dead now or are we giving it a few more rounds?

EDIT: I'll make a mini one in the (that won't fail) if some people want a quick no-hassle game.

Tama2
05-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Mafia is not dead. Some believed it needed a small break.