PDA

View Full Version : Distant Worlds: Music From Final Fantasy Chicago review

Queen Anthai
03-06-2008, 09:12 PM
I did a review for the show last week on my LJ. Take a peek - there's video! (http://sweetdragon.livejournal.com/488991.html)

EDITED 3/10/08: I just noticed I'd accidentally deleted a whole lot of stuff during the 3/10 update. Well, it's all restored, and I've added a TON more video. Look look look! :)

Roogle
03-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Thank you for allowing us to read your review, Queen Anthai.

How did you attend this event? Are you located near Rosemont, Illinois, or did you travel for this event? How did you hear about it?

I thought that the song selection was excellent. As you mentioned in your journal, it had a good mix of songs. I dislike the song from Final Fantasy XI, Distant Worlds, though, and I think that it was a poor choice to base the theme of the show on it.

Jessweeee♪
03-08-2008, 02:43 AM
I WANT TO GO TO ONE OF THESE NOW I WANT TO GO ; ;

Queen Anthai
03-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Thank you for allowing us to read your review, Queen Anthai.

How did you attend this event? Are you located near Rosemont, Illinois, or did you travel for this event? How did you hear about it?

I thought that the song selection was excellent. As you mentioned in your journal, it had a good mix of songs. I dislike the song from Final Fantasy XI, Distant Worlds, though, and I think that it was a poor choice to base the theme of the show on it.

I'm a few suburbs away from Rosemont, yeah. If I hadn't been, I still woulda sold a kidney to go. Ticketmaster actually alerted me to it, of all things; it's a [expletive in adjective form] place to get tickets, but if you sign up for alerts when stuff you like is in the area...oh baby. :)

I really liked "Distant Worlds," actually, and I REFUSE to play FFXI on the basis that it's an MMORPG. So it was my first time hearing it. I thought it was lovely and the soprano soloist was amazing.

Rostum
03-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks, would have loved to have gone to one of these. It's a shame that I live in Australia and we don't get any exciting stuff... well except for that Led Zeppelin concert that went on a couple months back.

Kenshin IV
03-15-2008, 05:05 AM
Distant Worlds was definitely good times. I got Nobuo to (reluctantly) sign my jacket, which was my highlight for the night. The Squeenix doods took pictures, so I guess they enjoyed it, too.

Well, that and having the really cute singer sign the booklet they were giving out. "Look for Distant Worlds" she wrote. How adorable.<3

Roogle
03-18-2008, 10:17 PM
I really liked "Distant Worlds," actually, and I REFUSE to play FFXI on the basis that it's an MMORPG. So it was my first time hearing it. I thought it was lovely and the soprano soloist was amazing.

I like the instrumental part of the song. It is difficult for me to appreciate the lyrics because the vocalist for the original song does not sing in English properly, and, in fact, when the song was released, there was a huge debate on larger message boards on what the lyrics of the song actually were —

Do you know if the original vocalist performed at Distant Worlds?

Kenshin IV
03-21-2008, 03:52 PM
She was American, and from Chicago. I dunno who sang it originally, I've never played the game for the same reason, but I'm guessing that probably answers your question.