PDA

View Full Version : In Rainbows.

Fonzie
03-07-2008, 03:29 AM
Anyone pick up this album by Radiohead?

It's pretty good, even though that part of only having 9 songs is disappointing.

Rostum
03-07-2008, 03:37 AM
Yes, I do really like it. But I can't really listen to it as much as I can their other stuff.

Nominus Experse
03-07-2008, 03:52 AM
Not their best thus far, but nothing of a let-down.

Namelessfengir
03-07-2008, 03:56 AM
i have no money and if i did id buy dvds

XxSephirothxX
03-07-2008, 04:01 AM
That's nice and everything, but it's free. Legally.

Shoeberto
03-07-2008, 04:38 AM
Anyone pick up this album by Radiohead?

It's pretty good, even though that part of only having 9 songs is disappointing.
There's 10 tracks. An extra 7 on a second disc if you got the limited discbox back way when, but about three are just kind of ambient out takes from what sound like earlier versions of Videotape.

I enjoyed this album. My discbox (which includes a picturebook, lyric book, original album CD, special second disc with more artwork and band photos, and the album on two LPs) is sitting safely at home. It's pretty. "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi" is my favorite song off of it because it's beautiful in so many ways.

I agree that it's not their best, but it's still great.

I'm not sure it's legally free anymore since they went through a label to have it get distributed regularly on CD. It was a fairly limited "take advantage of it while you can" thing. I guess technically it's still free if you don't mind using torrents though.

Yamaneko
03-07-2008, 06:01 AM
It doesn't compare to Kid A and Amnesiac.

Necronopticous
03-07-2008, 06:09 AM
I dropped a few bucks on it back when they first released it online. The record is pretty good, though its initial distribution method is what is really noteworthy. It kind of makes Radiohead heroes of music; not that I wouldn't consider them that, anyway.

El Bandito
03-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Solid release. Not an instant classic like other Radiohead albums, but a nice listen.

charliepanayi
03-07-2008, 03:16 PM
It didn't deserve some of the orgasmic "Best album ever!!" praise it got on release, it's not even the best thing Radiohead have done this decade. But what it is is very, very good still (I ranked it in my Top 10 albums of last year, but put a few ahead of it). 10 songs, no filler, and Videotape is gorgeous as a closing song. It may not be their best but most bands can only dream of doing an album like this.

Boney King
03-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Was really stoked on it for like two weeks straight, then got a little bored of it. I'd probably rank their albums like:

1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. Amnesiac
5. Hail To The Thief
6. The Bends
7. Pablo Honey

El Bandito
03-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I have it like:

- OK Computer
- The Bends
- Kid A
- In Rainbows
- Hail to the Thief
- Amnesiac
- Pablo Honey

Necronopticous
03-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Oh, come on. Pablo Honey deserves more love than that. Creep? Anyone Can Play Guitar?

charliepanayi
03-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Trying to rank Radiohead albums is nigh-on impossible for me, but I'll give it a go:

Kid A
The Bends
Amnesiac
OK Computer
Hail to the Thief
In Rainbows
Pablo Honey

Boney King
03-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Anyone Can Play Guitar and Blow Out are the only songs I still listen to from Pablo Honey.

Chzn8r
06-17-2008, 09:25 PM
In Rainbows is probably the best straight up song-oriented approach they've taken to an album since The Bends, though even TB felt more cohesive as a complete effort. Still, In Rainbows is some of their most catchy and also emotional material yet. I love it.

My current ranking -

1. Kid A
2. Amnesiac
3. OK Computer
4. The Bends
5. In Rainbows
6. Hail to the Thief

Pablo Honey not worth mentioning of course.

Breine
06-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I've never been into Radiohead before, to be honest. It's not that I think they're a bad band, it's just.. I've never really gotten around to listening to them. Of course I've heard some songs here and there that have been good, but that's about it.

I have a chance of seeing them live this summer at the Roskilde Festival, and so maybe I'll do that if anything else I wanna see isn't playing in that time slot. I have a feeling that I'll really like their music.

So, to answer your question.. I haven't listened to "In Rainbows" as of yet.

Ryth
06-17-2008, 10:05 PM
The same Radiohead album we've heard for years except WITH MINIMALISM!?!? OMGWTFBBQ HJGFF-WF-D-D ALBUM OF THE YEARZ.

Cz
06-18-2008, 08:51 AM
I've never been into Radiohead before, to be honest. It's not that I think they're a bad band, it's just.. I've never really gotten around to listening to them. Of course I've heard some songs here and there that have been good, but that's about it.

I have a chance of seeing them live this summer at the Roskilde Festival, and so maybe I'll do that if anything else I wanna see isn't playing in that time slot. I have a feeling that I'll really like their music.

So, to answer your question.. I haven't listened to "In Rainbows" as of yet.Try to give them another chance before the festival comes around. Radiohead are a terrific live band, and if you end up liking their music after all I guarantee that be one of the highlights of Roskilde.

I'm seeing them in a few days. Can't wait.

Breine
06-18-2008, 04:37 PM

So, to answer your question.. I haven't listened to "In Rainbows" as of yet.Try to give them another chance before the festival comes around. Radiohead are a terrific live band, and if you end up liking their music after all I guarantee that be one of the highlights of Roskilde.

I'm seeing them in a few days. Can't wait.

You're probably right. Oh, Cz.. you're so wise :P I will now get more into Radiohead before attending the festival. I only have two weeks to do so, though.

Leeza
06-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Radiohead is awesome live. Everyone should go see them. I didn't think that they would be from listening to their CDs, but live they are pretty much the best.

I didn't listen to Rainbows yet even though it's already 3 months old. I guess I'll have to.

...and I like Pablo Honey. :)

Shoeberto
06-18-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm totally looking forward to their show in Indianapolis in August.

Denmark
06-20-2008, 05:11 AM
I didn't listen to Rainbows yet even though it's already 3 months old. I guess I'll have to.

...and I like Pablo Honey. :)

It's 8 months old! It came out in October online.

I like Pablo Honey too! And I always wonder why everyone else bad-mouths it. It's still my least favorite Radiohead album, but that doesn't make it a bad album at all.