PDA

View Full Version : My god, it's so addicting!

Avarice-ness
03-07-2008, 10:12 AM
I love Pogo games on Pogo.com so much that for christmas my sister bought me a years subscription to be a member for it. What I love the most about the subscription is that I can play Gin! Gin's like one of my favorite games EVER, when I'd visit my dad we'd play Gin almost everynight. We actually have a score card that has lasted over 4 years!

So that and Dominoes seems to be taking all my time up! Gotta love real games in an online setting!

What Online Games keep you entertained?
What RL games keep you entertained? (Card, board games, other)
What's your favorite Online game?
What's your favorite RL game? (Red Rover? Tag? Cards? Trouble?!)

.:kerrod:.
03-07-2008, 12:05 PM
firstly, i'd just like to say that in your name it should be 'addictive', sorry, nothing personal, i'm just a stickler for things like that (but clearly not correct punctuation in my posts :rolleyes2 :p)

1. well, i can't really think of the most addictive one right now, but broomsticks is good (it's a Harry Potter-esque 2D game :p) and insaniquarium on popcap is also really good

2.i LOVE board games and card games, i play pictionary, balderdash, monopoly, cluedo, taboo, uno, phase 10, POKER!, up and down the river, spoons, bums and presidents (or @$$hole, if i remember correctly) uuuummmm...that's all i can think of right now :p, (side note: the ones from uno onwards are card games)

3. dunno about this ay? haven't played much with REAL online games, just flash ones, which aren't too spectacular...i HAVE played Halo online, and i know you're all going to hate me for that cos it's the only one i have played, but if it's any consolation, all i did was pistol whip my teammates in the back of the head and therefore, killing them instantly :p, it's great fun...for a while

4. hmm...toughie, probably pictionary, cos i kick @$$ at it :D oooh, but it's sporty games as well....meh, too hard to choose...pictionary it is!

Avarice-ness
03-07-2008, 12:46 PM
No I meant addicting. I play every night from midnight to 6am, so a habbit has been formed.
Spoiler to save annoying green Theasaurus and dictionary talk.

"Addicting: Theasaurus!
Main Entry: habitual
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: usual
Synonyms: accepted, accustomed, addicted, addicting, automatic, chronic, common, confirmed, constant, continual, conventional, customary, cyclic, disciplined, established, familiar, fixed, frequent, hardened, ingrained, inveterate, iterated, iterative, mechanical, methodical, natural, normal, ordinary, perfunctory, permanent, perpetual, persistent, practiced, recurrent, regular, reiterative, repeated, repetitious, rooted, routine, seasoned, set, standard, steady, systematic, traditional, wonted
Antonyms: infrequent, occasional
Notes: habitual means made a norm or custom or habit or fixed practice; customary means in accordance with convention or custom; usual means commonly or normally encountered, experienced, or observed

Vs.

Main Entry: addictive
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: habit-forming
Synonyms: enslaving, hooking, obsessive

ad·dic·tive (ə-dĭk'tĭv) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. Causing or tending to cause addiction
2. Characterized by or susceptible to addiction

ad·dict (ə-dĭkt') Pronunciation Key
tr.v. ad·dict·ed, ad·dict·ing, ad·dicts

1. To cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on a habit-forming substance
2. To occupy (oneself) with or involve (oneself) in something habitually or compulsively

The habbits already been formed so it's addicting.

Person finds drugs addictive, they havn't gotten into habbitual use but still feel the need to do drugs.
Person finds the drugs addicting, they've gotten into habbitual use.

EITHER WAY, No one plays games anymore?! I want my boyfriend to play Dominoes with me but he keeps finding some reason or something else to preoccupy him.

Balzac
03-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I can see where .:kerrod:. is coming from, a lot of people do use 'addicting' in the wrong sense. :P

The only games I really play are Guild Wars and Gunbound.

Roogle
03-07-2008, 06:33 PM
I play Street Fighter Alpha 3 online over two separate network clients: Kaillera (http://www.kaillera.com/) and GGPO (http://ggpo.net/blog/).

Evastio
03-07-2008, 10:22 PM
It's been a while since I've played a game online. I guess it'd be Van TT.

For real life games it'd be chess.

Araciel
03-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Online Games: Puerto Rico, Settlers of Catan, WoW (free server) Cribbage.

Real games: The Great Dalmuti, Cribbage, Euchre, 9-5-2, Poker (many variants) settlers of catan, Puerto Rico, cranium, any trivia game - I'll kik yer butt

Fave online game is probably WoW...it's mostly mindless on a fun server.

Best thing in this world is a deck of playing cards, they're so versatile.