PDA

View Full Version : black orbs anyone???

Elias_the_Belias
03-08-2008, 09:49 PM
hi all. i need desperatly your help. i am hunting the Seer but i don't have any black orbs to activate the pedestals at the penubra floor. i kill the monsters but nothing. when i came at the pharos i could get black orbs from the monsters but now that i finished the storyline part of the pharos i can't get black orbs.HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP.

Anno Domini
03-08-2008, 09:54 PM
are you killing the monsters in the wellspring area? where the original alters or night are?

Elias_the_Belias
03-08-2008, 09:55 PM
yes. i kiled every monster i found at tha pharos up to the top.no black orbs.

Anno Domini
03-08-2008, 11:35 PM
hrm. if you have been through the pharos before, there is a chance you might still have some in your inventory. i doubt it though. Do you have the game book?

Elias_the_Belias
03-11-2008, 08:20 PM
yes i do have the game book and no i don't have any black orbs in my inventory

Spuuky
03-13-2008, 03:24 AM
You have to explore the Umbra/Penumbra floors and tediously collect randomly-spawning "black orbs." You basically just have to keep going through/around those floors over and over and over and over again. It's intensely frustrating.

rubah
03-13-2008, 03:42 AM
Don't they amass somewhere and you can just pick up the one big glowing orb which counts for like 30 of the smaller ones?

Spuuky
03-13-2008, 04:23 AM
Yeah, except those are completely random. It's nice to find them, but they aren't always there and the whole place is just awful to go through.

Necronopticous
03-13-2008, 05:30 AM
I never bothered with that part. Final Fantasy XII has some of the most bloated and sadistically time-consuming extras in any Final Fantasy to date, and horribly insufficient lists to make things worse.

Besides, with Rod around, I don't need any other black orbs in my life.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah, it frustrated me so much that I gave up. The only advice I can give you is to have patience, and just repeatedly kill the enemies on the lower Pharos areas. It's very time consuming, and requires a little luck due to the random appearence of the orbs.

Elias_the_Belias
03-20-2008, 08:14 PM
thanks everyone for your help. i found black orbs. i didn't see the doors next to the pedestal of night. thanks again.