PDA

View Full Version : Awesomesauce Girl

scrumpleberry
03-09-2008, 12:13 AM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k274/scrumpleberry/awe-1.jpg

I can't lie: I'm very proud of her. Gonna do a sig with her somehow...suggestions for layout, text or colours are most welcome.

OC doodle becomes AWESOMESAUCE. I think she's the best piece I've yet done with OC. Constructive criticism always more than welcome.

rubah
03-09-2008, 12:20 AM
the mocha color scheme is pretty hawt imo

Rostum
03-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Looks cool, love the colour scheme.

Just one thing, have you ever experimented with media outside of a computer and a tablet? Like, graphite, charcoal, wax pencils, etc.? I think you might find it'll open you up to a lot of different styles.

Lately I've been getting into still life and life drawing with wax and graphite pencils and it's fairly awesome. I also recently bought a bunch of architect books for technical and perspective drawing that I am dying to get into.

I dunno, just that I see a lot of your stuff (while it is awesome) is all the same. Be nice to see you experiment, and see where you go from there.

scrumpleberry
03-09-2008, 12:31 AM
the mocha color scheme is pretty hawt imo

Thanks, I love mocha :love:

Looks cool, love the colour scheme.

Just one thing, have you ever experimented with media outside of a computer and a tablet? Like, graphite, charcoal, wax pencils, etc.? I think you might find it'll open you up to a lot of different styles.

Lately I've been getting into still life and life drawing with wax and graphite pencils and it's fairly awesome. I also recently bought a bunch of architect books for technical and perspective drawing that I am dying to get into.

I dunno, just that I see a lot of your stuff (while it is awesome) is all the same. Be nice to see you experiment, and see where you go from there.

I do use a few of off-computer mediums, (although mainly just pencils, and I'm honestly not a painter...) it's just that I cba to fix my scanner. I know what you mean about my work being samey though...I'll try to branch out a bit more.

Rostum
03-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Fix the scanner! :D In fact, I should fix mine so I can post some stuff I've been doing...

scrumpleberry
03-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Tweaked as per suggestions off of devart. I really am stuck as to what bit to use for the sig...

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k274/scrumpleberry/awe-2.jpg

Selena_Akariko
03-09-2008, 07:11 PM
For a sig, I'd take the part... Well, the top is a bit above her elbow, the left side a bit further than where her hair end, the bottom at about her waist, and the right side is the end of the picture + however much white you need for text and stuff ^^

I luv the pic :)

Keep up the good work! ;)

:save: Selena

Rye
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Gosh, I love that, it's really pretty! :bigsmile:

scrumpleberry
03-10-2008, 09:43 PM
For a sig, I'd take the part... Well, the top is a bit above her elbow, the left side a bit further than where her hair end, the bottom at about her waist, and the right side is the end of the picture + however much white you need for text and stuff ^^

I luv the pic :)

Keep up the good work! ;)

:save: Selena

Thanks very much, that's a fantastic help, I'll get started on it now...:D

Gosh, I love that, it's really pretty! :bigsmile:

Thanks so much!

Dynast-Kid
03-30-2008, 02:19 AM
You already know how I feel about this one! Especially the sig. :bigsmile:

Aerith's Knight
03-30-2008, 09:01 AM
how did you get by the term awsomesauce? :eyebrow:

Flying Mullet
03-31-2008, 01:06 PM
I could have sworn I posted in this thread before. Any thread with "awesomesauce" in the title draws me to it like the bat signal brings Batman to Commissioner Gordan.

Nice pic, although a good tuft of 'pit hair and a stuck-out tongue would make it interesting.

smittenkitten
04-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Funky drawing scrumpleberry love the colours, I can also see a cat! :love:

scrumpleberry
04-02-2008, 05:54 PM
how did you get by the term awsomesauce? :eyebrow:

Not here, darling, so you can get down off your high horse :tongue:

Nice pic, although a good tuft of 'pit hair and a stuck-out tongue would make it interesting.

Your wish is my command.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k274/scrumpleberry/colonpee.jpg

Funky drawing scrumpleberry love the colours, I can also see a cat! :love:

Thanks very much! I'm quite chuffed with that cat.

Breine
04-02-2008, 06:28 PM
I like it. I like the loose-ness/sketchy look it has, and the watercoloury colours really appeal to me. Good job :)

Jess
04-04-2008, 12:03 AM
I love it. The dress. I want. :jess:

scrumpleberry
04-05-2008, 07:37 PM
I love it. The dress. I want. :jess:

Thank you so much! :jess:

I wish I could make the stuff I draw but I has not the moneys and my skills as a seamstress suck. :( I'd send you one if I made one!

Rocket Edge
05-06-2008, 12:05 AM
That's excellent! I enjoy looking at your drawing style very much. Your Maria drawing was your best example of your style IMO. Do you base it off anyone's or is it just your own authentic style?

scrumpleberry
05-19-2008, 08:40 PM
That's excellent! I enjoy looking at your drawing style very much. Your Maria drawing was your best example of your style IMO. Do you base it off anyone's or is it just your own authentic style?

lolol replying a bit late

Thank you very much, as you know I adore your work :love:. Which Maria drawing is that..? Nope, I just do it meself.

I'll whip up something else of this girl I think. I really like her :love:

Vyk
05-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I could have swore I saw all this a long time ago. 2 months however is not what I consider a long time ago. My mind must be foggy... Great drawing turned into a saucesome sig :} Yay scrumples~ Keep whipping up lots'n'lots o'stuff. Creative juices a'go-go

SpendGil
05-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Pretty neat. Had you considered a background?