PDA

View Full Version : All faith=gone.

Araciel
03-09-2008, 10:20 AM
So it happened again....a blizzard. I mean, I know I live in Canada, which is basically seen as the equivalent of the Arctic to a lot of people, but usually March 1 is when it at least slows down. Now arguably, there's not supposed to be much more snow after this last big dump, but it's been a loooong winter...The plows are outside my window right now scraping the top layer of the street off, so there will be a fresh batch of baby potholes tomorrow.

Basically I'm at the end of my rope. Winter, though it's pretty much the last hurrah, has won. I am defeated. I had a horrible cold, I've turned my arms and back to rubber from shoveling driveways, and it's even too cold for me.

So...have any of you met the end of your rope, or have you had a pleasant winter?

Ouch!
03-09-2008, 11:33 AM
I live in Miami, but apparently Chicago had one of the worst winters on record this year. Going back for winter break was terrible, and I'm just glad I got out of there when I did.

Big D
03-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I live in the southern hemisphere... it's finally starting to cool down after a long, very hot summer:cool:

Avarice-ness
03-09-2008, 12:43 PM
I used to live in Denton Texas, and when they're showing record snow fall in a place I used to live up here in Wisconsin, I'm just like "Holy hell", I wish I was there instead of here, while seeing snow everyday is fun. Seeing snow in a place that -should not- get a foot of snow EVER, is like amazing.

Either way, I wanna go back to Texas, I hate the cold now.

I used to live near that park. And I thought last year got some good Texas snow, but holy crap.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/crimsonh2o/ScreenHunter_004-1.png

KentaRawr!
03-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Very suddenly, there was a 'Blizzard' down here in Ohio. It was quite snow-ish, and the roads were plowed multiple times to little avail. Thankfully, it has stopped now.

What's with all the snow?

Avarice-ness
03-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Very suddenly, there was a 'Blizzard' down here in Ohio. It was quite snow-ish, and the roads were plowed multiple times to little avail. Thankfully, it has stopped now.

THE CLIMATE'S OUT OF CONTROOOLLL~~~

Here in Wisconsin we're 20 to 30 degree's below average. One day our high was 20 and the high on average for that day was suppose to be 43. And it's just been getting colder, today it's suppose to be 26 and then 30 on monday! Even when it's suppose to be 45 and 50...

Marshall Banana
03-09-2008, 05:53 PM
We received a bunch of snow in Kentucky, too! It snowed a few inches, but the sun is shining today, and the temperature is a little warmer, so it's likely that our snow will melt soon. =(

TyphoonThaReapa
03-09-2008, 06:13 PM
A'yo son, I'm in Texas. Weather around here sucks ass. One hour is hot, one hour it's cold, the next hour it's just right, then the next hour it all goes to hell again...:eep:

scrumpleberry
03-09-2008, 06:19 PM
The best England's grey and pleasant land gets where I am is a bit of depressing rain. WANT SNOW PLZ.

rubah
03-09-2008, 06:19 PM
it snowed like eight inches in my hometown, and 2 melty inches here, then it snowed another four inches there and no inches here, and I'm like 'what?' and very upset.

but I just checked the ten day forecast; <em>50s and 60s</em>. It's beautiful.

Psychotic
03-09-2008, 06:23 PM
The best England's grey and pleasant land gets where I am is a bit of depressing rain. WANT SNOW PLZ.Yeah, seriously. We usually get snow in February and I'm disappointed that we didn't get any.

Blue Harvest
03-09-2008, 06:50 PM
I can't remember the last time I saw snow. It fucks me off when people who do get it complain about it >.<

Jessweeee♪
03-09-2008, 06:59 PM
The last time it snowed was like...three years ago, I think. Before that I think it was eighteen...or was it eighty...or maybe the 1980s or the 1890s...I forget...

Green 85 degree Christmases D:

Jess
03-09-2008, 07:01 PM
It hailstoned here today. I want summer. :(

Leeza
03-09-2008, 07:03 PM
It seems like the weather is pretty bad everywhere this year, Araciel. Normally we get below zero weather here for only a couple of weeks in January, but it's been hitting below freezing here since December and it's now March. I know it's not as bad as what you're getting, but it's still bad compared to what we should have had and I just cannot wait till the sun comes out. We get grey skies for 8 months out of the year.

Shoeberto
03-09-2008, 07:06 PM

My parents have been saying how hard they've been getting hit for like the past two weeks. It's a pretty crazy weather system. Shame we've really not gotten anything here at school, though.

Montoya
03-10-2008, 07:47 AM
I live in southern California and it is freaking sunny now. I hated this winter because it never actually got cold. It never truly rained either. Everyone was happy but I was like "Nos peoples! It's bad for Mother Earth! We need rains." Yeah, this winter sucked.

Namelessfengir
03-10-2008, 07:56 AM
its 18 degrees here my cars probably broke by now i havent started it for a week... froze solid course i dont have to use it til thursday so it has time to thaw out

Peegee
03-10-2008, 03:09 PM
When shoveling snow becomes the workout you do that day, because your dickweed of a younger brother went awol, you're at the end of your metaphorical (I'm not even going to joke about it) rope.

Why the apples do you have to shovel snow James?

No Soap Radio: It's 11 KBBL degrees below zero. I hope you're someplace warm.
Homer: You bet your sweet … ass! <chuckles>

Tasura
03-10-2008, 03:20 PM
A dude who hangs out in the nerd circle here is from California, the first day it snowed he spent most of it outside playing. Other than that, the weather has been relatively hectic. But hell, that's the maritimes for ya, look out the window and it's sunny, look out again in a few minutes and it's snowing, few minutes after that and it's foggy and raining.

Bahamut2000X
03-10-2008, 04:30 PM

I had to work the day of the blizzard, it was amusing as we had no customers in the entire store except a few crazies.

Araciel
03-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Why the apples do you have to shovel snow James?<chuckles>

My parents' house.

Also, today was effing cold, like...-25....celsius

Yamaneko
03-10-2008, 10:50 PM
It's been real nice here except for the winds.