PDA

View Full Version : "I like apples." "What?" "Apples!" "What about them?" *SHMACK*

KentaRawr!
03-09-2008, 01:28 PM
I hate it when that happens. Why is it that whenever I don't hear somebody say something, they only repeat the end of it? And then they get angry at me when I say "What about them?"! That's foolhardy! Whenever somebody asks me what I said, I say the full sentence! That's just the way to do it!

Does this ever happen to you?

Avarice-ness
03-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Usually if someone was talking to you in the first place, they'd expect you to miss the last part of the sentence instead of the first or all of the sentence.

KentaRawr!
03-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Why the last part? Is there something special about it?

blackmage_nuke
03-09-2008, 02:01 PM
YES!! That has happened to me!!
I usually say "can you repeat the first part?" after it

When someone asks me to repeat something i usually just say 'bah nevermind' because most of these are witty comments and the moment would have passed.

in b4 someone says 'what was that?'

Rye
03-09-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't understand half the things my customers say to me at work because a lot of them have thick thick weird Polish/Jamaican/whatever accents and it completely baffles me. So I smile and nod.

Quindiana Jones
03-09-2008, 03:02 PM
That's a good point. I wonder what I do when asked to repeat something.....hmmm....

Avarice-ness
03-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Why the last part? Is there something special about it?

Usually when someone's talking, after a second of silence their new talking about something catches someone's attention, if the persons attention was waning to begin with, they'll prolly stop paying attention around the middle of the sentence.

It's like when you tell someone a list of things that need to be done usually people get the first half instead of the last. And then if they do get a part of the last half it's like this:

"So I need to do the laundry, and the dishes, and clean the bathroom" "and?" "something about the birds" "what about the birds?" "I don't know, I'll figure it out" "You need to clean their cage and give them new food and water, there was something else after that" "There needs to be a new trashbag in the trashcan" "which needs to be done AFTER you take the garbage out" "OH YEAH.

Psychotic
03-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Oh I used to do that all the time to annoy people when I was 16, and kept it up until they found a way to break the loop. I was one cool dude back then.

rubah
03-09-2008, 06:21 PM
I miss entire parts of sentences, consistantly. I have to make stu go back like two whole sentences sometimes because I missed one part of it, and then heard what he said after that, and it's :(

Jessweeee♪
03-09-2008, 06:57 PM
I eat lunch with a friend who always does this xD

She goes on and on about Naruto and Transformers, and I don't watch either of them so I kinda go off into la-la-land and then

JESSIE!
eh?
What?
huh?
MINICONS!
Mini...what?
Minicons D:
What...about them...?

Araciel
03-09-2008, 06:59 PM
I don't like repeating myself, and if someone asks me to...oh gods help them.

rubah
03-09-2008, 08:26 PM
I don't like mumble mumble and if someone grumble smackowitz fumble help them.
wait, help who?

Araciel
03-10-2008, 05:38 AM
I will destroy you ! :mad2:

Hehehe seriously though, I don't know why...it's not like it's a big deal or anything, it just makes me feel as though I'm not getting my point across/communicating properly.

Nominus Experse
03-10-2008, 05:41 AM
Fuck yeah! green apples.
It's gonna happen. It's gonna happen, man.

And no, this never happens to me, but I also happen to have seemingly superhuman hearing.

Markus. D
03-10-2008, 05:53 AM
I hate it when that happens. Why is it that whenever I don't hear somebody say something, they only repeat the end of it? And then they get angry at me when I say "What about them?"! That's foolhardy! Whenever somebody asks me what I said, I say the full sentence! That's just the way to do it!

Does this ever happen to you?

T_T! I feel the same way.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Hehehe seriously though, I don't know why...it's not like it's a big deal or anything, it just makes me feel as though I'm not getting my point across/communicating properly.It just makes me feel like the other person is wasting my time by not hearing properly.

Yamaneko
03-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Maybe they weren't ready to hear you out, jerk.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-10-2008, 06:28 AM
Then maybe they should just <i>leave</i> and come back when they <i>are</i> ready.

Yamaneko
03-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Some people just want to chill without anguish of being accosted by the masses.

rubah
03-10-2008, 06:53 AM
and some of us just can't hear :(

Vermachtnis
03-10-2008, 07:09 AM
I hate repeating myself and I hate when people repeat themselves. YET for some reason, when I go "what?" meaning I want to know what exactally your talking about, they just repeat what they just said not moving the conversation at all. Idiots!

Namelessfengir
03-10-2008, 07:23 AM
i get stuck on the repeating things back to people i should really start recording my lists or maybe just writing stuff down...nah

"if you wish any man here can offer you the use of a sword"

"use of a s-what?"

Jessweeee♪
03-10-2008, 02:38 PM

I cannot hear ;_;

I say something like "huuh?" after every thing that someone tells me.

Avarice-ness
03-10-2008, 02:44 PM

My dad says the only people who can't hear are the one's clinically deaf, Most people today just listen.

I think my cousin who has 50% normal hearing in both ears hears and listens better than anyone else I know, but then again, it's prolly due to the fact she has to try to figure out what someone's saying.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-10-2008, 04:00 PM
I don't understand half the things my customers say to me at work because a lot of them have thick thick weird Polish/Jamaican/whatever accents and it completely baffles me. So I smile and nod.

That happens to me a lot at work too. I'm a cashier at a big shop, so I get loads of different people coming to buy stuff. I love accents, but I feel bad asking people to repeat stuff. >_<

On the other hand, I don't mind repeating stuff I say because...sometimes I talk too fast when excited, and some people get confused by my English accent. >_>

xD

confidence999
03-11-2008, 03:19 AM
I like apples..:)

NeoTifa
03-11-2008, 04:07 AM
i space out, so anybody that knows me knows to only repeat the last half. i know i posted this before....

Madame Adequate
03-11-2008, 05:05 AM
If you ask my mom to repeat something, she repeats it like she's talking to a retarded 5 year old. D: I mean, it DOES convey what she said! And she doesn't MEAN it like that, it just sounds like that to me, but it really really ticks me off ;;

Shiny
03-11-2008, 09:26 PM
My dad always likes to pretend he doesn't hear me when I say something and makes me me repeat it for him like he's some 70 year old, crotchety elderly man. And then laughs when I say it over and over. It's gotten to the point where if he says he doesn't hear me the first time I stop talking, but then he just keeps going, "What? Wait a minute...what? What did you say? Huh? Hmm? Huh? What?"

Montoya
03-13-2008, 08:45 AM
I always repeat the last thing I heard when I'm not paying attention to someone, which happens quiet often.

Blue Harvest
03-13-2008, 01:19 PM
If you ask my mom to repeat something, she repeats it like she's talking to a retarded 5 year old. D: I mean, it DOES convey what she said! And she doesn't MEAN it like that, it just sounds like that to me, but it really really ticks me off ;;

My mom does that too, but she does it on purpose :mad2: