PDA

View Full Version : elevoret connection with ulti?

Marky Tee
03-09-2008, 08:28 PM
this has proly already been discussed to death but...
you know the way that the elevoret kinda shatters at the top of the communication tower?
the same way that the bosses in ultis castle do
was it maybe sent back in time to stop squall and co.?

Jessweeee♪
03-09-2008, 09:19 PM
There's a thought...you can draw a GF from it like the others, too o:

Marky Tee
03-11-2008, 07:51 AM
hey yea that too
thanks for the great response guys lol

Captain Maxx Power
03-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Quick, Future Esthar's made a second account! Run to the hills!

Serapy
03-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Probably.

No sorceresses = no monsters.

Roogle
03-11-2008, 03:02 PM

Where is that stated in the game? I thought that the only difference between a sorceress and a human was that sorceresses could wield magic without utilizing a Guardian Force.

Takara
03-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Abadon, the boss of the Great Salt Lake, shatters in a similar fashion, if I'm not mistaken.

PuPu
03-12-2008, 02:22 AM
Everything is connected to everything else if you look hard enough. I have seen theories in the FFVIII forum that are so ridiculous, they put R=U to shame.

Anyways, the point is, there is no (significant) connection between Elvoret, Ulti's servants, or Ultimecia herself. The only few things that connects them (such as the fact that they fought Squall) are meaningless. The people who think that there are reasons which prove a significant connection between them are looking too hard and seeing things that aren't really there.

The game says that monsters originally came from the moon. It also says that they came to Earth by the Lunar Cry, not sorceresses.

And no, I'm fairly certain that they did not say sorceresses caused the Lunar Cry.

Serapy
03-12-2008, 02:57 AM
Yes, the monsters have appeared from the moon. That's because of Lunar Cry. Without Lunar Cry = no monsters can get to Earth

Adel was unlocked by Ultimecia in order to start Lunar Cry in the first place.
What purpose? She needed Lunar Cry to use Time Compression effectively.

So, if Sorceresses were never exist (Ultimecia and Adel), then it's impossible for the monsters to come to Earth from the Moon (because of the Lunar Cry`s requirement).

You may doubt me as stating "Well, there were already monsters left on Earth before Lunar Cry has happened in the game", but I'm pretty sure that there's evidence that Lunar Cry has been done in the past (before the game's timeline), which creates a time loop for the appearances of monsters, that's why you see em in the game.

Sorry if I'm wrong, I'm tired anyway.

Marky Tee
03-12-2008, 06:48 PM
i dnt think it has anythin to do with a time loop, the monsters on earth

isnt the lunar cry a natuaral phenomenon?

happened 80 years before which made the centra(coughdalgcough) crator

Roogle
03-12-2008, 08:09 PM
I thought that the Lunar Cry was a natural event; furthermore, I thought that the Lunar Cry that takes place in the course of the game was a natural occurrence that the party happened to be a witness of —

Serapy
03-12-2008, 10:25 PM
i dnt think it has anythin to do with a time loop, the monsters on earth

isnt the lunar cry a natuaral phenomenon?

happened 80 years before which made the centra(coughdalgcough) crator

Time loops exist in the game. For example, Squall went into his childhood generation and then he told Marton the ideas about SeeD/Garden, then after that, Marton invented the ideas. When small Squall grew up, he then joined SeeD... voila... time loop!

That principle has happened to many things (not just Squall telling Marton the ideas), it's all because of TC....TC is so dangerous since it's not very accurate because it can mix up events and place them into the wrong times... meaning one thing can jump to another thing even though it wasn't wanted, look at Squall travelling to his past for example.
Time loops are caused by TC

The monsters from the moon, it wasn't a natural event. There's a reason why Esthar has blocked the portal of Lunar Cry, but Adel has broken that protection. It doesn't matter anyway because there are already monsters out on Earth (time loop)

Marshall Banana
03-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Lunatic Pandora caused the Lunar Cry that happened in disc three, which is Seifer's fault, if I'm not mistaken. =O

Marky Tee
03-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Time loops exist in the game. For example, Squall went into his childhood generation and then he told Marton the ideas about SeeD/Garden, then after that, Marton invented the ideas. When small Squall grew up, he then joined SeeD... voila... time loop!

i wasnt disputing that there are time loops in the game
what i mean is that i doubt the lunar cry was caused by a time loop
doesnt it say in the tutuorial or in the story that its a natural event?

The Last Oath
03-13-2008, 09:41 AM
The lunar cry is caused when the Lunatic Pandora hovers above the tears point... The monsters then gather to one point on the moon and arrive at Earth via some magic beam...

The Lunatic Pandora also has a connection with the monsters on the moon, for when Seifer revived it from the ocean the monsters on the moon would have had to know because they started gathering to one spot... Further, Adel did not cause the Lunar Cry, her tomb just got caught up in the bandwagon of the lunar cry.

Sir Bahamut
03-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Ok, let's clear things up in regards Lunatic Pandora etc. The tutorial states this:

Lunar Cry
Refers to monsters falling from the moon. Completely destroyed the cities of
Centra. Occurs when monsters reach a saturation point on the moon. It's
believed that there are factors on the planet that cause this phenomenon.
This phenomenon has occurred many times in history and will reoccur in the
future.

Monsters
Creatures on the moon. Monsters fall to earth at regular intervals. This
phenomenon is called the Lunar Cry. The monsters bred on the planet since the
last Lunar Cry to make up those roaming the planet at this time. The Lunar Cry
phenomenon also transformed some animals into monsters.

So the Lunar Cry itself, i.e. the process in which monsters "fall" from the moon to the earth is a natural process which happens at regular intervals. The "factors on the planet" refer to the Crystal Pillar;

Crystal Pillar
A crystal that causes the Lunar Cry by producing a strong energy field between
the planet and the moon. It's believed to have originated in the moon. The
Crystal Pillar responds to a specific location on the planet, and sends a
strong directional signal. More research is required to analyse this process
in detail.

So while the Lunar Cry happens regularly anyway, the Crystal Pillar is capable of causing it anyway. Actually you could make a case for it being only the Crystal Pillar causing it based on this tutorial information, but I guess that's not that important. The main point is that the Lunar Cry occurs with regular intervals anyway, be it because the Crystal Pillar on earth or not.

As for the Lunatic Pandora:

Lunatic Pandora
An enclosure for Crystal Pillar made by Esthar. 3 miles tall and 1.5 miles
wide, the enormous enclosure boasts a high-tech facility. It floats by causing
a reaction with the Crystal Pillar. A stone from the moon is sealed inside. It
was probably built to cause the Lunar Cry through artificial means.

Pretty obvious. The Lunatic Pandora was built to harness the power of the Lunar Cry as a weapon. Constructed by Adel during her reign, but Laguna had it dumped in the ocean when he became president. Seifer then had it restored for Ultimecia's plan. Finally, the reason they took it to Tear's Point:

Tears' Point
Lunar Cry's point of origin determined by Esthar scientists. A security box
restraining the power of the Crystal Pillar and ground energy field is set up.
It is sealed to prevent the Crystal Pillar from entering the area.

So there you are.

Marky Tee
03-13-2008, 01:22 PM
sack the lunar cry n all that lol
anyone else think the elovoret was sent back by ulti?

Sir Bahamut
03-13-2008, 01:36 PM
No.

The only link is the fact that it shatters in the same way, hardly a good point since other monsters do the same (e.g. Abbadon). It having a GF doesn't mean anything either, as there's no reason to believe the only way a monster can have a GF is if a sorceress put one there.

There's just no real reason to believe it.

Marky Tee
03-14-2008, 05:04 PM
no one says it was man
and possibly the abbadon was sent back by her too then

afterall arent their fossils of ultis gaurdians at the fro0zen lake also?

The Crystal
03-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Elevoret could have been created by Ultimecia/Edea to help Galbadia Nation. She was part of it(she was Galbadia's Peace Ambassador) afterall.
But that's just speculation.

Lunatic Pandora caused the Lunar Cry that happened in disc three, which is Seifer's fault, if I'm not mistaken. =O

Seifer was just a guy following orders. The Lunar Cry that happened during FFVIII was Ulti's fault.