PDA

View Full Version : Camp

Chemical
03-09-2008, 10:17 PM
So I just applied to be a Senior Camp Counselor at the Canadian Algonquin Park camp known as Camp Tamakwa.

I love camp! I love canoeing, rock climbing, swimming and all that!

Did you ever go to a day camp or overnight camp?
Ever been a camp counselor?

Do tell.

Old Manus
03-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Oh, I say, suits you, sir!

Rye
03-09-2008, 10:23 PM
I have never been to a camp. The thought of camp terrifies me. I'm very much an indoors girl. ;;

Aerith's Knight
03-09-2008, 10:27 PM
once, didnt really like it that much.

I went the first 8 times(like from ages 3-11yo) to france a lot. those campings are fun too. Same kind of stuff you can do, but without the schedule's and leaders forcing you to do so.

Cookie
03-09-2008, 10:28 PM
I once drowned in a lake when I was at camp. The counselors were busy having sex. It's cool, though, my mum got them back for me.

Zeldy
03-09-2008, 10:28 PM
I did the Duke of Edinburgh bronze award, it was horrible. We had to carry a huge bag weighing a good 2st on our backs and walk for miles over hills and all sorts, we did it during a heat wave, it was so so hot. We then had to set up a tent and sleep in a field before walking to the finish line the next day. On top of all the expeditions (there was about 4, only 2 were we slept though) we had to do 6 months worth of service, learning a skill and physical recreation. I forged most of that crap though.

I did one expedition in silver before quitting.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-09-2008, 10:33 PM
G's don't go to camp sweetheart...:kewl:...For anyone who is wondering why I used that smiley, it all Lekana's fault...

LunarWeaver
03-09-2008, 10:34 PM
The outside makes me hiss. :voldemort: I'm afraid camping is not for me!

Disco Potato
03-09-2008, 10:58 PM
In 6th grade everyone in the grade went to a camp-of-sorts for a week. No swimming or canoing involved, but there was a ton of hiking, and I think some "rock descending" :p. I'm glad I got to go (for the whole experience of staying with friends in the mountains with no parents for a week), but I don't think I'd go again unless I had my own bathroom and wasn't under strict time limits. I'm a lazy, cleanliness/privacy-freak :exdee:

Jessweeee♪
03-09-2008, 11:16 PM
I went to a couple of day camps...a Bible camp and a Basketball camp.

The Bible camp was actually kind of fun, but I HATED the basketball camp. It made me realize how much I didn't like basketball, and all of the girls there were snobby drama queens.

Captain Maxx Power
03-10-2008, 12:06 AM
I despise camping. I also highly distrust all of the various camps they have in the US, which to me smack of either hidden Christian value camps (at least Bible Camps are honest) or strange cult-like initiations and other such things. I also highly distrust anyone with a love of camping. No normal, sane human being can actually enjoy lying in a field with naught but canvas preventing you from freezing to death for reasons other that record breaking.

Anno Domini
03-10-2008, 03:50 AM
the sun scares me:erm: :whimper: :crying: :weep:

Fonzie
03-10-2008, 03:54 AM
I once drowned in a lake when I was at camp. The counselors were busy having sex. It's cool, though, my mum got them back for me.

She had sex with them then, right?

I once went to fat camp. Never again.

Never.

Seraphic
03-10-2008, 04:00 AM
I feel like I'd want to go camping,but then when I actually get there,I'll be like "get me outta here!".
But I'd give it a try x3

Araciel
03-10-2008, 04:22 AM
I worked at a sports camp in the kitchen once. It was the most lazy ass summer ever and it was awesome.

Peegee
03-10-2008, 05:13 AM
Sometimes I think about my old councilors. I was less than 14 y/o at the time, possibly less than 13. I don't recall. They were all between 10 and 13 years older than I am.

So they should all be close to 40 years old. Scary stuff.

I love camping, but there's really nothing to do once you're all set up. I've been so focused on 'doing things' that when there are no active goals to do, my mind starts spazzing out.

rubah
03-10-2008, 05:16 AM
I went to girl scout camp a few summers when I was a girl scout (day camp), and I went to church camp one summer, but that's about it for my camping experience.

(as far as actual camping, that's even more limited xD)

Montoya
03-13-2008, 08:32 AM
I went to SCICON for like, five days. It was cool, but I don't remember anything because it was in sixth grade. Had an opportunity to become a counselor for a little while at the same camp but it totally passed me by.

Blue Harvest
03-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Never gone to camp but I've been camping on a school trip. Instructor decided we were camping next to a stream on Mt. Hereford. Best nights sleep I ever had :D

Jess
03-13-2008, 01:59 PM
I've only ever camped out once. I went to Newquay for a holiday with my friends in August 2006 for a week and we camped out. I thought I was going to hate it, but we had pretty good showers and a room that we could use with electricity so I ended up enjoying it. Although, our gazebo flew away whilst we were at the beach. :jess:

Breine
03-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah sure, I love camping :)