PDA

View Full Version : The World Ends With You (DS)

JKTrix
03-10-2008, 04:36 PM
THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU | SQUARE ENIX (http://www.theworldendswithyou.com/)

Not too much I can say about the game, but noticed no one has really talked about it. It's out next month for the DS, though the official site doesn't really give much information for it.

Here's the Wikipedia article for it. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Ends_With_You) For what it's worth, Famitsu scored it a 35/40 (10/8/9/8).

I like to see Squenix do something different, so I'll be checking this one out.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-10-2008, 05:43 PM
The graphics are GBA-grade, the designs are typical Nomura dreck, and I hear the gameplay is an absolute mess. And Famitsu scores are worth nothing, since they're influenced by payola.

But hey, wait and see, I guess!!

Raebus
03-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm so getting this game.

Roogle
03-11-2008, 02:59 PM
It is nice to see a new game from Square Enix; however, I am not very impressed by the design of the game based on the information from the Wikipedia article.

It seems very similar to Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and other games in the Kingdom Hearts series, and I sometimes find it difficult to relate to games that take place in Japan, so I hope that the localization of the game is top-notch.

As Kawaii Ryűkishi has already said, the designs are typical fare for Tetsuya Nomura. I think that he needs to take a break and let other character designers in on the various projects going on at Square Enix.

Jessweeee♪
03-17-2008, 03:30 AM
It looks neat n.n

EDIT:

I think I'll like the music.

Ichimonji
03-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Nomura just needs to chill out and quit making leathery-belt creatures who listen to MTV. If he could just go back to the mindset he had when he was creating Brave Fencer Musashi, Parasite Eve, and FFVIII that would be cool (although his madness slowly began with VIII). But before all that, he is actually an excellent monster designer. I think he should, yeah, let someone else take over character designing for a while until he gets a spiritual epiphany, and continue solely designing monsters.

As for 'The World Ends With You'; I'm uninterested in the title at the moment. Not because of Nomura's repetitive designs, I don't let that bother me, but because the gameplay does seem like a complete mess as mentioned above.

Necronopticous
03-17-2008, 10:42 AM
No Sephiroth?

I'll pass.

Roto13
03-18-2008, 10:21 PM
It's great to see a Squenix game that isn't Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

That said, it still looks pretty crappy.

Momiji
03-19-2008, 02:17 AM
I'll wait until I see more of this before I state an opinion.

ljkkjlcm9
03-28-2008, 09:06 PM
It appears the battles work with two characters. One is controlled with the stylus on the bottom screen, the other with the D-pad primarily. Seems very weird, wonder if it actually works well

THE JACKEL

Alucard von Elru
03-29-2008, 06:40 AM
I think it looks pretty solid. The character designs are a mix of standard Nomura dressed with an awesome Jet Set Radio vibe, and the play mechanics seem interesting enough. I think it has potential.

Dragonface
03-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Nomura just needs to chill out and quit making leathery-belt creatures who listen to MTV. If he could just go back to the mindset he had when he was creating Brave Fencer Musashi, Parasite Eve, and FFVIII that would be cool (although his madness slowly began with VIII). But before all that, he is actually an excellent monster designer. I think he should, yeah, let someone else take over character designing for a while until he gets a spiritual epiphany, and continue solely designing monsters.

As for 'The World Ends With You'; I'm uninterested in the title at the moment. Not because of Nomura's repetitive designs, I don't let that bother me, but because the gameplay does seem like a complete mess as mentioned above.

The title was 'Its a Woundful World' a year ago...no idea why thought?

Bolivar
03-30-2008, 03:58 AM

The title was 'Its a Woundful World' a year ago...no idea why thought?

i think that's the japanese title. I'm not really interested. I like Nomura, but the concept doesn't really appeal to me. I'm curious as to why all the big members of the fabula nova crystallis project have been so absorbed with side projects... they should be cracking some skulls and getting development moving along.

Nifleheim7
03-30-2008, 04:09 AM
I like that they are trying something different,but from what i've seen so far it's not my kind of game.

Fynn
03-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Looks neat...

Roto13
04-03-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm not digging it. Dumbass. Bling bling? (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32470.html) What year is this?

Jessweeee♪
04-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Hmmm...

-10 points

Renmiri
04-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Looks neat... latest gaming magazine I browsed at a Borders for free (mwahahaha) had 3 pages about it. I might get it

Jessweeee♪
04-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I may have to mute it at certain times, though xD

50calCerberus
04-14-2008, 03:19 AM
this game looks cool...i heard they try to make it look complicated but its really supposed to be simple...cant wait for it :D

Roogle
04-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Looks neat... latest gaming magazine I browsed at a Borders for free (mwahahaha) had 3 pages about it. I might get it

Did you see anything in that gaming magazine article that looked noteworthy?

Jessweeee♪
04-17-2008, 04:24 AM
Oh, look, the website's updated :</>D!

...where'd the neat background music go?

OH MY GOD IT COMES OUT THIS WEEK WHAT?

JKTrix
04-17-2008, 05:10 PM
GameVideos.com - World Ends With You '1UP Review' (http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18377)
IGN: The World Ends With You Review (http://ds.ign.com/articles/867/867129p1.html)
The World Ends With You Nintendo DS Review Index, The World Ends With You Reviews (http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3167457&p=39)

They seem to like it.

Edit: Another positive review.
Edit2: A formal review from one of the same guys from the first link

Jessweeee♪
04-18-2008, 02:06 AM
That clears up a couple of concerns I had about the game xD

ljkkjlcm9
04-19-2008, 07:59 AM
idk

it still seems... idk way over the top?
It's a DS game. I enjoy RPGs and such, and having plenty to do. But I also prefer most DS games to be, pick up and play. I don't want to have to stare at my DS for hours on end.

It also seems overly complex. As in, much unneeded, and most of which I won't even bother with. The biggest problem with games like this that have so many different things, and rare items, is you need none of them to complete the game. So you spend way more time just trying to get 1 item, when you could easily beat it. I'm interested, but I'd really have to see it being played, and even get my hands on it before I would buy it.

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
04-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Well, I've had my hands on it. I've had my hands all over it. This game has strong potential to be in my personal pantheon of DS games.

It's really something you need to take the risk of just getting it and digging into it, because you won't 'get it' from just a short demo. Even just watching someone play it, unless you are mildly intimate with the game system, you won't get it. It's something you have to learn progressively, because there's more depth in just the core battle system alone than what you would be able to gather from a video or short hands-on demo. Even after however long I've been playing (no time counter, but I'm on Chapter 4), they're still introducing new gameplay elements. I just got the sticker to chain up to 4 battles together this morning (stickers are the game's unlockables, giving you new gameplay elements or stat boosts or other things) and there are still 3 items on the game's main menu that I don't have yet.

Once you get past the Square-Enix hour-long intro sequence(tm) and get the Save sticker, it is definitely a 'pick up and play' game. Even at the beginners level, without even using the top screen at all, a single battle in the beginning chapters should take less than a minute. Everything happens at a brisk pace, and you're never really doing one thing for too long (unless you choose to). And the game actually rewards you for taking breaks. Once you get the appropriate sticker, you earn PP for the amount of time you've been away from the game. For the first 24 hours, it's at a rate of about 1 PP for every 10 minutes. The rate apparently steadily goes down every 24 hours the game is off before bottoming out after 7 days.

The meat of the game, and what probably has most people worried is the combat. I would imagine you could go through the entire game without bothering with the top screen, so if you really don't dig it you can just set it to 'full auto' and be done with it. If you do that however, I feel you'd really be missing out on 1/2 of the game. Let's see if I can explain it.

click for a larger image
http://i30.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/166dg9j.jpg (http://i27.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/9gg9dt.jpg)

Focusing on the top screen. Note that on the top screen, there's a yellow box that says 'Auto-Play'. This person currently is not controlling the character on top, and it's attacking on its own. Each arrow in each path represents a single attack and the direction you press to initiate that attack. More hits make more damage. The symbols at the end of the path mean nothing at the very beginning, but I'll get into that later. The bar at the top of the screen that says '*04/08 lv.1' is also related to these symbols--and again is not something you need to worry about at the very beginning.

Movin' on down to the touch screen. But before we get there, you can see the HP bar on the right hand side of both screens, as you share HP between the two characters. At the top of the touch screen, you see your equipped pins, which are the abilities you can use in battle. You only start with 2 slots for pins, and the 2 pins you start with are Slash (the rightmost of the 4) and Fire (not pictured). On the far right is another, larger pin, but this is also related to the top screen's Symbols and not something you have to worry about at the beginning. The thing on the bottom right (not the logo) is not a part of the interface, rather a part of the scenery that you can use for attacks with the right pin.

See the main character on the screen, how he has some green aura around him? That's the 'puck' that is passed between the top and bottom screen between the characters. This is the primary device that allows you to attack effectively between the two screens, so you're not trying to control both at once. When you perform a combo 'finisher' (whether it be at the end of a combo or just one particularly strong attack), the puck will pass to the other screen. Then when that character ends a combo, the puck gets sent back. Besides aiding you in directing your attention, the puck grants you certain bonuses during and after the battle. In battle, I believe the more times it is passed back and forward your attack power steadily increases and the combo count continues to go up. After the battles, your performance is graded. The 'puck' aspect comes in depending on how many times you've passed it back and forward and also how high of a combo you've gotten and it adds multipliers to the score. I've only managed to get a 'passed the puck 10 times' and I think a '20 hit combo' so far, but I imagine there would be more. The points you earn after the battle go towards gaining Pin Points (PP) for levelling up your pins.

Now I'm gonna talk a little more about the symbols on the top screen, or the Fusion system, which in the game is something you don't learn about until the 3rd chapter I believe.

http://i31.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/s4cdwh.jpg
First thing briefly, you can see the green puck being passed from the top screen to the bottom screen here. It even says '2x attack', I never noticed that while I was playing :P

Anyhow, see at the top of the screen there are 3 cards, with one of them turned over. Initially, all 3 of them are face-down. In order to earn fusion points, you have to turn them over in order (denoted by a blue arrow beneath the next card in sequence). Refer to the first image again, showing the paths with the 3 symbols on them. Each symbol corresponds to one of the face-down cards. What takes place here is a little game of memory. You choose what symbol you want to select from the arrow path while you're attacking. Once selected, you will see which card it represents on the top. If it is the one you need to turn over (with the blue arrow), then you get points for it. If it is not the one you need, you will see where that card is located out of the 3 before it gets turned back over. If you manage to guess the correct symbol for the card the first time, you will get a star put on that card and be rewarded 2 points towards Fusion.
The above image shows that. this person correctly guessed that the circle was the first card needed, and got a star and 2 fusion points. The points are shown at the top there, where it says '02/04 lv.0'. If he guesses the next one correctly again, he will gain another 2 points and have enough points available to perform the Fusion. If he guesses incorrectly the first time and gets it the 2nd time, he'll earn one point and will have to turn over the last card before gaining enough points to do it.

Once you have the required fusion points, a pin will appear on the bottom screen (seen in the first image, the large pin on the right hand side) which you can then touch to unleash the Fusion attack which hits everything on the screen. It also heals you a bit.

I haven't gotten too deep into the fusion system yet, but there are apparently different levels you can obtain in just the fusion system, no doubt leading to more powerful attacks.

So, this thing with the puck and the fusion system are the incentives to mastering the top screen. These can still be performed with the top screen computer set to auto, but you can do them much quicker and more consistently if you take control yourself. I found it really fun and addictive. I'd probably be much farther in the game if I didn't spend so much time just fighting everything.

And this is just the core of combat. I didn't go into pins very much at all, didn't even touch food and fashion or the adjustable level system that all modify the combat in various ways. There's a lot of stuff in there to customize, and that's another thing I'm really liking about the game. I get vibes from Diablo, FFTactics, fighting games, Animal Crossing and other random things when I play it. I'm really liking this a lot. The team at Square Enix had been working on this game since "long before the DS was even available on the market (http://member.square-enix.com/na/features/wewy/01/)", and it really shows with how much stuff they've put in here and how competently it is executed.

Roogle
04-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Thank you for the hands-on impression, JKTrix. Can you explain what is happening in those battle screenshots? It looks like each character is in a different location.

Momiji
04-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Wow, JKTrix has me convinced. I'll give this game a shot when I get a chance. It certainly looks good.

Jessweeee♪
04-23-2008, 02:25 AM
Woooooooooooooooooow, thanks!

GWAR, I bet by the time I make it into the game store, it'll be gone ;_;

Jessweeee♪
04-25-2008, 03:06 PM
OH OH I have a question!

How often do you have to use the stylus when working with the touch screen?

Arc_Master_14
04-28-2008, 12:38 AM
Thank you for the hands-on impression, JKTrix. Can you explain what is happening in those battle screenshots? It looks like each character is in a different location.
Technically they are in the same place just a slightly different part of the area

Lets say for example

The main character is here

The partner is over here

or something to this extent

Leen-Leen
04-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Whee, I just got the game! :bounce: And it's really, really fun! It's a lot different from the RPG games that I'm used to, so it did take a while to learn. But the gameplay was so different so I didn't want to put it down until I learned the ins-and-outs of it -- and once I finally did get used to it, it's great! And you can adjust the difficulty of the game at anytime anyway, so ...

OH OH I have a question!

How often do you have to use the stylus when working with the touch screen?

You have to use it a lot during battle. :p I don't think there's any other option. xD

Roogle
04-30-2008, 08:18 PM
And you can adjust the difficulty of the game at anytime anyway, so ...

Does this affect the game in any way aside from adjusting the difficulty? For example, in some games, you cannot learn certain abilities or receive certain items if you are playing the game on easy difficulty, or sometimes there are rewards for playing the game on a harder difficulty.

Leen-Leen
04-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah. You get half as much EXP and also you are rewarded with new, but weaker abilities. If you played at a harder difficulty level, then you'd get stronger abilities.

Jessweeee♪
05-01-2008, 02:16 AM
I am dying without this ;_;

I've been listening to the music on Youtube...pretty catchy (the power is yet unknown...the power is yet unknown...)

ljkkjlcm9
05-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Yeah. You get half as much EXP and also you are rewarded with new, but weaker abilities. If you played at a harder difficulty level, then you'd get stronger abilities.

Kinda

AS you play the game you choose to fight the Noise enemies. After you kill an enemy, it gets added to the Noise list in your menu. Each enemy drops a different item on easy, normal, hard, ultimate difficulties. You can get ultimate after you already beat the game. The list also says the drop rates of the enemies. At any point in the game, you can choose to fight at any level lower than your actually are. For example, I am currently level 50, and until I ran into a boss that kept killing me in one hit, I had been fighting at level 1. Level really only affects your HP, so I bumped it up and now fight at level 10. Fighting at a lower level gives you more stars, which increase the drop rate of enemies. On top of that, you eventually can chain battles back to back, up to 4, until you beat the game then you can unlock chains of 16. So, I'm level 50, fighting at level 10. A single battle, I'll have a multiplier of 40, if I chain 2 3 or 4, I'll have 80, 120, 160 multipliers respectively. I almost always chain 4 battles together, and I am almost always guaranteed drops because of it, except for really rare drops. Also, as stated, the difficulty also changes exp gained.

Most important to take from this. Even though I rarely have difficulty on hard, choosing to fight at level 10.... there are times where I'll lower the difficulty to get a particular Pin drop, or just to see what the enemy drops on that difficulty. There is a lot of depth to this game, and I'm well past the point JKTrix was at, and there is plenty more than what he has stated there. Tons more in fact.

oh, and the bottom character only reacts to touch screen. Note that some touch screen moves are harder to do than others, and because of this, some of those types of attacks are useless compared to others. Most notable the scratch empty space pins, as many people have a hard time activating them. The main attack of any group of pins will most undoubtedly be slash through an enemy to attack(by choice of everyone), it's the bread and butter attack, though I've done some fights without it to complete tasks the game gave me.

EDIT: One very important thing to note for anyone playing is the second page of info for pins. This will tell you if a pin will evolve or not. You may have found that you mastered a pin and it did not evolve. This is because there are 3 ways a pin can evolve. Battle PP, Shut down PP, and Mingle PP. Most pins only evolve in one way, from one form of PP. Others can evolve down multiple routes, such as Shut Down PP evolving one way, and Mingle PP evolving another way. A few of my favorite pins evolved 3 or 4 times making the last form quite powerful. You can get more than 1 of basically any pin in the game, so don't fret if you mastered it when it could've evolved. You can get another one later.
For Battle PP, obviously just stack 4 battles and fight, I get well over 100 a fight now.
For Shutdown PP, it works by how long your system is off for. 144 for 1 day, 72 for the 2nd day, 36 for the 3rd, 18 for the 4th, and 9 for 5th, 6th, and 7th. I personally will save, shut off, put the calender ahead 3 days, load, save, repeat until I evolve the pin I wanted to evolve.
For Mingle PP, I happen to have an old regular DS. For anyone else with the game that's mingling, it's an ESP'er connection, idk how much PP for that. My other DS I put into pictochat, and that's a civvie connection. 20 PP for each. Aliens are completely random, and I usually get 1 or 2 when I leave it on mingle when I sleep, 100 PP each. If I'm really in the need for mingle PP, I'll put my other DS in pictochat, and keep mingling, detecting civvie, then unmingling for 20 pp over and over.Of course, none of the evolutions are needed to beat the game, but they're all needed if you want to see some really cool powerful moves and get 100% of everything.

THE JACKAL

Ashi
05-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the pin evolving info. Will have to check this out once my ds is charged.

Roogle
05-05-2008, 07:05 PM
I am dying without this ;_;

I've been listening to the music on Youtube...pretty catchy (the power is yet unknown...the power is yet unknown...)

Do you know if the game has an original soundtrack release yet?

Ashi
05-06-2008, 05:18 PM
There's a soundtrack and Play-Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-77-1-49-en-15-the+world+ends+with+you-70-241j.html) has it.

I've already ordered one on the 29th but apparently it will only be shipped out at around the 15th or something. But I think it's worth the wait.

Roogle
05-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Thank you for the information, Ashi. I will probably get this soundtrack in the near future; however, I will probably get the soundtrack before the game. Does anyone, after playing the game, feel that this game might have a series potential? I feel like it should be a unique game, left alone from franchising, after reading the impressions in this thread.

Leen-Leen
05-07-2008, 02:45 AM
They also have the soundtrack for sale on iTunes. :jess:

I finished the game recently and loved it. :heart: I think it'll get a sequel or something like that, just based on what I saw through the game, but I guess I shouldn't say anything, just in case. xD

ljkkjlcm9
05-07-2008, 09:16 AM

I finished the game recently and loved it. :heart: I think it'll get a sequel or something like that, just based on what I saw through the game, but I guess I shouldn't say anything, just in case. xD

And what will it be called

It was "Wonderful World" in Japan, but "The World Ends With You." over here. Maybe they'll call the sequel "Wonderful World" in the states lol.

Or The World Ends With Two lol

THE JACKEL

Jessweeee♪
05-07-2008, 02:34 PM

And what will it be called

It was "Wonderful World" in Japan, but "The World Ends With You." over here. Maybe they'll call the sequel "Wonderful World" in the states lol.

Or The World Ends With Two lol

THE JACKAL

I doubt it, the only reason they didn't use It's a Wonderful World was copyright issues :p

hhr1dluv
05-07-2008, 03:22 PM
A friend of mine recently decided to give away all of his DS games to me, and this was one of them. Sadly, I don't yet have a DS :p, so I can't play it.

I hear this game's a GPA ruiner. :D

Why are so many cool things happening right around my finals period? :mad2:

Roogle
05-07-2008, 08:35 PM
The World Ends With Two sounds like a great title for a potential sequel.

I decided, based on the impressions in this thread, to purchase this game over the weekend and try it out. It will be weird to play a Square Enix game that is not Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts —

StarlightAngel
05-07-2008, 11:30 PM
I just finished the main game, so now I'm doing the extra stuff at the end <3 I'm loving the alternate chapter. "Must... resist... urge... to be emo..." and the whole Who-Gets-To-Be-Pink thing are sooooo much win~! Though, I was a little sad not to see an entire picture of Shiki as she looks in the RG ):

I don't really see a sequel coming from this. The ending seems pretty final to me.

Lawr
05-09-2008, 03:33 AM
Too much Chain of Memories for me.

ljkkjlcm9
05-09-2008, 04:30 AM
haha
it's quite different from chain of memories. It did take a lot of the strong points from that game however, and drop many of the weakpoints.

I love how there's something called "Matoya's Spell" (in a book you can get) and it says, "Push L and R at the save screen" in reverse. FF1 reference!

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
05-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Yay, glad to see that in my 2 weeks of abscense there are people who are into the game now. Sad to say I'm not very far from where I was when I posted, but now that I'm back to civilization I'm likely to get into it again.

I like 'The World Ends With Two' :p

Roto13
05-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Back to civilization? You were in Australia. :P And you went back to Bermuda. xD

Ashi
05-15-2008, 07:00 AM
I was officially overwhelmed when they started talking about trends.

ljkkjlcm9
05-15-2008, 07:52 AM

you can pretty much ignore trends. As it turns out, the trends of the pin/clothes you use the most will become more popular. So really it only hurts to use the lowest trend in an area in the first battle or chain of battles. The only time I've ever bothered with trends is when I need to to clear a wall blocked by a reaper.

interesting thing about trends is that each one represents a part of the Zodiac.
"D+B", the Ox.
"Wild Boar", the Pig.
"Pegaso", the Horse.
"Mus Rattus", the Rat.
"Hip Snake", the Snake.
"Tigre Punks", the Tiger.
"Pavo Real" the Chicken.
"Natural Puppy", the Dog.
"Sheep Heavenly", the Sheep.
"Lapin Angelique", the Rabbit.
"Dragon Couture", the Dragon.
"Jupiter of the Monkey", the Monkey.

then there's gatito, which is just a cat... wonder why a cat was not in the zodiac...

THE JACKEL

Jessweeee♪
05-15-2008, 02:57 PM

you can pretty much ignore trends. As it turns out, the trends of the pin/clothes you use the most will become more popular. So really it only hurts to use the lowest trend in an area in the first battle or chain of battles. The only time I've ever bothered with trends is when I need to to clear a wall blocked by a reaper.

interesting thing about trends is that each one represents a part of the Zodiac.
"D+B", the Ox.
"Wild Boar", the Pig.
"Pegaso", the Horse.
"Mus Rattus", the Rat.
"Hip Snake", the Snake.
"Tigre Punks", the Tiger.
"Pavo Real" the Chicken.
"Natural Puppy", the Dog.
"Sheep Heavenly", the Sheep.
"Lapin Angelique", the Rabbit.
"Dragon Couture", the Dragon.
"Jupiter of the Monkey", the Monkey.

then there's gatito, which is just a cat... wonder why a cat was not in the zodiac...

THE JACKAL

You should read Fruits Basket :</>D!

Ashi
05-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks ljkkjlcm9. I only really play when I'm commuting early in the morning or late at night right before bed so my comprehension skills aren't really great then, heh.

As for the cat and the chinese zodiac... yes, like Jessweeee♪ mentioned, Fruits Basket does tell a story. I don't know if that's the real thing or not, though.

Clouded Sky
05-15-2008, 11:40 PM
I noticed advertisements for this game all over Akihabara last summer and I was really intrigued. I tried playing the Japanese one but my language skill are still very sub-par. I snatched this up as soon as the US release came around and I was very impressed. The game is visually impressive, at least in a 2D realm. The battle system is one of the most innovative on the DS and incorporates the touch screen very well. There are some minor gripes when different abilities have similar strokes, but overall it works very well. The whole funky Shibuya style is what really gets me and I love the soundtrack. It's fun to evolve pins and I've been playing with a friend, and while the multiplayer isn't super deep, it's nice to get Mingle PP and Tin Pin Slammer is nice for a quick break from the main game.

Hooray!

ljkkjlcm9
05-16-2008, 02:29 AM
well, with pins with similar ways of activating... it uses the pins from left to right first... or just use Sub pins by pressing L or R on the pin you want to set as a sub pin, then hold it in battle to use it. These two ways of controlling pins makes it very handy to do some good little set ups. I'm finding most of the game is very easy, but the special boss in Another Day is insane! While I've been able to beat just about every other boss on ultimate with little difficulty when playing around level 20 (boosted rate of 85 for items) this boss destroyed me in seconds. I ended up beating him on easy just to beat him, considering I will beat every enemy on every difficulty anyways. I needed some serious stat raising before Ultimate on him then!

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
05-16-2008, 12:41 PM
... or just use Sub pins by pressing L or R on the pin you want to set as a sub pin, then hold it in battle to use it.

THE JACKAL

Indeed, this is the key to making sure you're using the right pin when it has a similar activation method. That annoyed me quite a bit before I remembered I could use sub-pins.

Clouded Sky
05-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I realized that when I went back to play.

I just finished week 2, on to week 3!

Roto13
05-28-2008, 08:14 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/67-The-World-Ends-With-You

Yahtzee maed review

ljkkjlcm9
05-28-2008, 09:35 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/67-The-World-Ends-With-You

Yahtzee maed review

saw it, but I almost have 100% completion on this game now... I'll take a picture of it and post it or something when I do. Any questions about this game... I will gladly answer.

THE JACKEL

Ashi
06-13-2008, 03:17 PM
There's a song that I liked here but I couldn't find it on the soundtrack. The only words I could pick up were "No answer," and it played during battles. Does anyone know what this song is?

Dr. Acula
06-21-2008, 10:40 AM
I want to get this game now, it sounds really cool.:D
I honestly thought the main character was a girl...

Raven Nox
06-21-2008, 02:50 PM
There's a song that I liked here but I couldn't find it on the soundtrack. The only words I could pick up were "No answer," and it played during battles. Does anyone know what this song is?

Was it The One Star? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y0yjIUo3xP8) (Don't mind the video - it's the only one I could find with it. xD) Yeah, it wasn't released on the soundtrack. They only way to get it is to find it for download somewhere or rip it from the game yourself.

This game was awesome. I still go back to it in attempts to get all the pins and stuff, which is odd for me because I never do extra stuff in games. I know I'll never get them all though, way to lazy to cheat mingle mode or wait for aliens. xD

ljkkjlcm9
06-21-2008, 07:58 PM
This game was awesome. I still go back to it in attempts to get all the pins and stuff, which is odd for me because I never do extra stuff in games. I know I'll never get them all though, way to lazy to cheat mingle mode or wait for aliens. xD

I just left it on mingle over night, or when I was at work. I've completed everything, except maxing stats... and now I have no reason to play the game anymore... owell... twas fun!

THE JACKEL

Jessweeee♪
06-22-2008, 05:24 AM
I just now got the game...I knew I'd end up waiting until my birthday xD

ANYWAYZ

I'm on day three. THIS GAME IS AS COOL AS I DREAMED IT WOULD BE.

Ashi
06-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Was it The One Star? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y0yjIUo3xP8) (Don't mind the video - it's the only one I could find with it. xD) Yeah, it wasn't released on the soundtrack. They only way to get it is to find it for download somewhere or rip it from the game yourself.

Thanks a lot! Yeah, that's the one. This video is good enough for me. :)

Jessweeee♪
06-25-2008, 07:10 PM
OMG

I beat it...and I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time ;_;

I might like this game better than Threads of Fate.

S:

OMG

Did I just say that?

O.O

D:

|:

tidus_rox
06-26-2008, 02:43 AM
I hope I am able to buy this one day... I am trying to save up, though.

Jessweeee♪
06-28-2008, 09:10 PM
It will be worth all of the effort you put into buying it ;_;

Momiji
07-03-2008, 04:51 AM
I just got this the other day, and I have to say it's pretty good! It was much better than what I expected. I was overwhelmed by the battle system for a while, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now. =D

NeoCracker
07-03-2008, 09:45 AM
This game kicks ass.

I love the math Reaper guy. He so crazy. :p

ljkkjlcm9
07-03-2008, 04:54 PM
man you people are.... So Zetta slow to just now be playing!

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
07-03-2008, 09:24 PM
They were sold out until recentlyhere, give me a break man. :(

Jessweeee♪
07-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Yeah, Sho is the most badass math geek ever xD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxnSfDnmD7w)

NeoCracker
07-11-2008, 09:08 AM
I read all the Secret reports you can gather after you beat the game the first time, and damn. That was awesome.

Thats really all I can say to it. :p

Momiji
07-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah, Sho is the most badass math geek ever xD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxnSfDnmD7w)

Is that a parody of Marisa Stole the Precious Thing by IOSYS I see? Why, yes, it is! I love it. :p

Jessweeee♪
08-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Has anyone listened to the remix album yet? It's so neat o:

Rantz
08-12-2008, 10:53 PM
This game freezes up on me every time I try to start it. :( But that might be because I'm playing a "backup" version of "my" game which I "bought".

Jessweeee♪
08-12-2008, 11:51 PM
D:

That's awful ;_;