PDA

View Full Version : "This is the Game" V5.0 (Beta) finally ready

Pages : [1] 2

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 12:14 AM
So it's only been about two years overdue, but I finally finished the next version of my EoFF-based javascript game: This is the Game V5.0.

Game: <a href="http://www.homemade-websites.com/javascriptgame">This is the Game</a>
Class skill level details: <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/115371-game-v5-0-beta-finally-ready.html#post2443005">clicky clicky</a>

Beware, it's only in beta version right now. I've tested it pretty well, but I'm sure there will be some kinks and snags that I missed. I'm also open to comments, suggestions and the like to make the game more enjoyable (Besides multiple enemy battles, don't even ask Marc. :smash:). The help section is under construction, but I wanted to get this game out in the open and have folks hammer on it so any bugs I missed can get cleaned up, so feel free to ask questions in this thread as there isn't a proper help section yet.

For those of you that have no clue what I'm referring to, here's the archived thread that shows the history/background of the game: http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-archive/77251-l33t-eoff-webgame-v4-1-a.html

So hop in and have fun!

<b>ATTENTION:</b>Because you now have accounts in this game, which allow you to save your characters, the passwords to those accounts are stored in the db, which I have access to. I won't be taking anyone's passwords from there, but if you don't feel comfortable using a typical password, don't trust me, etc... please use a unique password for your account that you don't use anywhere else.

EDIT: *crosses fingers nothing breaks in first five minutes...*
EDIT2: The thread title should read: "This is the Game" V5.0 (Beta) finally ready

<b>Update work items</b>
* Life and life experience become max life and max life expereince
* Include inns in towns to restore life
* Investigate adding Cleric-style class
* Investigate adding status ailments
* No account/character name minimum
* Allow spaces in account/character name
* Remove Game Over screen and allow easier restart
* Improve alignment risk/reward ratio
* Save and Take shortcut keys
* No special tiles on outside of world map screens
* Change world map screens where towns reside on to be easier (70/30 plains/forest ratio)
* Move quest items to Quest Items panel

Psychotic
03-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Oh baby it's back! How long's it been since the last one?

Also I don't mind if you view my password. I chose it just for you. :aimkiss:

Sergeant Hartman
03-11-2008, 12:21 AM
I suck at this game.

blim
03-11-2008, 12:24 AM
i've found a bug, i keep dying :( maybe i just suck

Rye
03-11-2008, 12:26 AM
I loved this game so much. It's great to play it again! :bigsmile:

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Also, I've set up some hot keys for common actions.

F: Fight
R: Run
D: Dodge
S: Skills &amp; Status
I: Inventory &amp; Equipment
P: Spells
Q: Quest Items
Esc: Exit status screens and shops

Old Manus
03-11-2008, 12:31 AM
Hell yes. I was just thinking about this a few weeks ago.

Tavrobel
03-11-2008, 12:36 AM
I IM'd you a break. Hazzard does not have a picture.

Psychotic
03-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Just found a Lancelot's blade right away. And now my base strength is 11. Mmmmmm Merchanty goodness.

EDIT: Psychotic smited Psychotic. Hell yes.

Agrias
03-11-2008, 12:38 AM
k COOOL!! i'm playing right now :D

Jess
03-11-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm so bad at this game. :jess:

rubah
03-11-2008, 12:46 AM
IT"S HARD for a druid.

Rye
03-11-2008, 12:46 AM
One problem I have is that when I fight, it doesn't really update the HP situation. ;; So I never know how much HP I have!

Oh wait, I'm stupid, disregard that. xD I'm bad at this.

Evastio
03-11-2008, 12:51 AM
You mean how you can't restore your HP?

The game is good and all, but I have no idea how I'm suppose to survive with my Knight at 1 HP.

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 12:52 AM
You get life exp for defeating enemies and you can buy more life from the trainers. Don't forget that you can sell items you find at the store for more gold.

And don't be afraid to click that save button. ;)

I IM'd you a break. Hazzard does not have a picture.
Fix'd. :chef:

Levian
03-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Sweet bastard child of mother teresa, it's finally here! :D

*cracks knuckles*

Psychotic
03-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Is there any way to change my alignment? I just realised that being neutral sucks balls.

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Is there any way to change my alignment? I just realised that being neutral sucks balls.
Nope, you're going to have to get used to ball sucking.

Psychotic
03-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Merchant-Pirate = ultimate victory. :drool:

Captain Maxx Power
03-11-2008, 01:27 AM
Until there's a way of resting in town this game = fail. Sorry to break it to you all, but it just plain sucks not being able to restore your health.

Psychotic
03-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Until there's a way of resting in town this game = fail. Sorry to break it to you all, but it just plain sucks not being able to restore your health.15 gold restores one point of life at election booth's place. Simple!

Current stats 110-107-68-68. I rule. :cool:

Shlup
03-11-2008, 01:39 AM
I moved once and Meat Puppet killed me.

Tavrobel
03-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Current stats 110-107-68-68. I rule. :cool:

Apparently, I am in second place with 40/22/12/14

Jessweeee♪
03-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Awesome. I found a Rye and one gold, but then someone (forget who) killed me...but it's kewl, I got to smite Araciel.

Jessweeee failed to run away from Jessweeee *dies*

My puny knight Jessweeee can't compare to Jessweeee's mighty magic D:

mooglebunni608
03-11-2008, 01:55 AM
Yay!! This ttlly made my day *plays all night*

Jessweeee♪
03-11-2008, 01:59 AM
Psychotic is so weak xD

Goldenboko
03-11-2008, 02:03 AM
A winnar is me? (http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z291/GoBosMacros/Awinnarisme.jpg)

Took me a while to get a hang of how I should play, but after that its all good baby :cool:

Although I was quite sad to see I didn't make a cameo :crying:

Levian
03-11-2008, 02:05 AM
I have a Rye in my inventory and the "exchange Rye button" appear but nothing happens when i clickz it :/

Psychotic
03-11-2008, 02:10 AM
Is Spuuky supposed to have just his avatar and no text? Is he the guy who wants the DocFrance?

Also stupid Marshall Banana won't give me a reward for killing all those undeadheroes! She just restarted her count!

Current stats: 340-318-128-124.

I am going to find God and teach him a lesson.

LunarWeaver
03-11-2008, 02:12 AM
I can't seem to get anywhere :jess: Old Manus killed my Ninja in one hit, too. What a rascal!

Goldenboko
03-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Is Spuuky supposed to have just his avatar and no text? Is he the guy who wants the DocFrance?

Also stupid Marshall Banana won't give me a reward for killing all those undeadheroes! She just restarted her count!

Current stats: 340-318-128-124.

I am going to find God and teach him a lesson.

Ha ha I beat you to it!

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z291/GoBosMacros/GodOwned.jpg

Psychotic
03-11-2008, 02:15 AM
My character could kick your character's ass.

Goldenboko
03-11-2008, 02:17 AM
Yeah but My character is awesome, why? Because I said so.

Psychotic
03-11-2008, 02:19 AM
369-369-128-124 and God is defeated. :cool:

Merchant-Pirate is awesome. I get so much awesome equipment from that dark tower place and sell it for stats money.

Goldenboko
03-11-2008, 02:23 AM
I killed 10 The Undead Heroes and she increased all my stats by 10 so it worked fine :P

Psychotic
03-11-2008, 02:34 AM
I killed 10 The Undead Heroes and she increased all my stats by 10 so it worked fine :PI just killed another 10 and she only did mine by 5!

Also 526-523-147-154.

Baloki better watch his step...

Goldenboko
03-11-2008, 02:40 AM
What do you do with the Doc France?

I have like 500+ Str, and 200+ Agility, so I think I've thoroughly thrashed this game =D

Pretty fun, I'm far too lazy to get 100%, but the lack of me is gonna deduct a point.

7.5/10

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2008, 02:56 AM
I love playing this game after I get to like...level 8 stats XD

LunarWeaver
03-11-2008, 02:56 AM
What are you two, fucking sorcerers? Why must I suck at this game so hardcore.

Tavrobel
03-11-2008, 03:20 AM
What do you do with the Doc France?

I believe it what you need to activate Loony BoB?

Psychotic
03-11-2008, 03:21 AM
Beat both Baloki (twice!) and Dark Baloki. Stats in the 800 range. :cool:

Fucking moved a square when I didn't mean to so I didn't pick up the War Angel! :(

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 03:30 AM
I have a Rye in my inventory and the "exchange Rye button" appear but nothing happens when i clickz it :/
Can you see what the javascript error is?

Spuuky will only talk to you when you've basically mastered the game.

Marshall Banana gives +5 to all stats for every 10 theundeadheros defeated.

Pretty fun, I'm far too lazy to get 100%, but the lack of me is gonna deduct a point.

7.5/10
You're in there. You just have to keep looking.

Don't forget that you can resurrect a character on the Manage Characters screen. This means that if you start a new character with the items/spells found and enemies defeated of the character you resurrect.

Also, if you beat the game on Hard, a new difficulty opens up...

Bahamut2000X
03-11-2008, 03:30 AM
Bah! Why do I need a War Angel? I mean I'm only going to give it to myself can't i just bypass that nonsense and give it to me already! Gah I'm such a prick!

leader of mortals
03-11-2008, 03:45 AM
How the hell do you equip things?

Tavrobel
03-11-2008, 03:45 AM
Tastey Pies quest is broken, same situation as the Rye.

Click on your character name in the top right.

leader of mortals
03-11-2008, 03:47 AM
Tastey Pies quest is broken, same situation as the Rye.

Click on your character name in the top right.

Then what?

Tavrobel
03-11-2008, 03:49 AM
Click on the item; in the bottom left of the info screen, you'll see several choices, including equip, perhaps sell, and drop.

leader of mortals
03-11-2008, 03:51 AM
Ah ha! I thought I had to do a drag and drop type thing. Every time I did it my internet shut down so I was getting mad. Thank you.

rubah
03-11-2008, 04:01 AM
wait, how do you tell how much HP someone has? x.x; because I've hit foaffles way too many times and she hasn't died ;.;

[edit- oic, you have to beat their hit x.x]

Miriel
03-11-2008, 04:45 AM
YAY! ^_^

Cz
03-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Thank you.

So much.

xxx

Loony BoB
03-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Minimum 4 characters for names = Yuck.
No spaces allowed in names = Yuck.

Also, you should start out with some gold. Otherwise all you do at the stat is run around looking for said gold, which involved a definite need to constantly save, run, run, find gold, save, run, die, restart, run, run, find gold, run, die, restart, etc.

Which really isn't how a game should start.

EDIT: If you're going to die so much, I would suggest making the restarting a very quick process. Something such as "You died! Restart at last save point?" instead of "You died!" *button lick* "PWNED!" *button click* Load a game? *button click* *button click* *play*

Old Manus
03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Looks like fig isn't god anymore :(

Cookie
03-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Ninjas suck.

Loony BoB
03-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Is there any advantage to being neutral whatsoever? If not, then you should get rid of the option altogether.

EDIT: Keys for Save and Take Item would be great. :)

EDIT: The Captain always says I have defeated 137 out of 477 enemies at the moment. I'm trying to get to 30% but it seems he can't be bothered counting anymore. :(

Roto13
03-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I moved one square and died. :( The game is not balanced early on. xD

Jessweeee♪
03-11-2008, 02:54 PM

I moved one square and was pwned by myself ;_;

Cookie
03-11-2008, 02:59 PM
There's no avatar for Dark Hazzard.

Loony BoB
03-11-2008, 03:01 PM
The game seems to go the opposite direction of traditional games. In traditional games, it's harder the further you get. In this game, it's much easier. xD It's pretty much a level grind. Having said that, it's still entertaining enough to keep you clicking for quite some time, if only to get to the point where you can kill anyone.

Mulley, I've hit a bug. I think I went straight from one map to another and at the same time, went into the green temple thing which happened to be on the edge of a map. The monsters and items look like they belong to such temple and I've defeated a green Warren thing, but I don't see the inside of the temple, I see the world map instead, including the green temple which is sitting on the edge of this area where I first entered. I can even walk on the water. :p

I think there's a bug where if you enter a new area and there is a temple in the first square you move to in the new area, it displays the world map but the events (and where you can walk, etc) are all the inners of the temple. To top it all off... I'm stuck. If I go onto a certain square (which I imagine is the entrance to the temple, judging by what happens), it refreshes the map but the map is still bugged. I can't get out! :(

*saves and exits to get out of it*

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Based on people's feedback, I'm starting an update list in my first post for what I'll include/update in the "official" V5.0 release. If I miss anything in the list, please let me know.

Until there's a way of resting in town this game = fail. Sorry to break it to you all, but it just plain sucks not being able to restore your health.
When I started this with V1.0, it was meant to be a 10 minute diversion where you either defeat Cid or you die and try again. Now that it's so much larger and in-depth, I haven't been as happy with how the life works. I don't know why I didn't think of an Inn/HP style life before, but it makes a lot more sense now. I'll update it so that the life is your max life (just like HP), which grows with defeating enemies in battle, and your life can be restored at an inn in towns. This'll make it feasible to add a Cleric-style class as well. I tried before, but I couldn't create enough spells for such a class and it seemed too watered down. Plus with the addition of a more traditional HP-style life, I can look into adding status ailments back into battle, which didn't work too well before.
* adds "life and life experience become max life and max life expereince" to update list*
* adds "include inns in towns to restore life" to update list*
* adds "investigate adding Cleric-style class" to update list*
* adds "investigate adding status ailments" to update list*

Minimum 4 characters for names = Yuck.
Why would anyone want less than four characters? It's not like they're going to name themselves BoB. :p I can remove the minimum length on the username. It's probably a copy from the password minimum length being four characters.
* adds "no account/character name minimum" to update list*

No spaces allowed in names = Yuck.
Good point. Sometimes you overlook the simple things when you're developing a program.
* adds "allow spaces in account/character name" to update list*

Also, you should start out with some gold. Otherwise all you do at the stat is run around looking for said gold, which involved a definite need to constantly save, run, run, find gold, save, run, die, restart, run, run, find gold, run, die, restart, etc.
Which really isn't how a game should start.
I've gone back and forth on this. You find items and gold relatively easily, and you can sell items in the shop, so gold isn't so hard to come by.

EDIT: If you're going to die so much, I would suggest making the restarting a very quick process. Something such as "You died! Restart at last save point?" instead of "You died!" *button lick* "PWNED!" *button click* Load a game? *button click* *button click* *play*
Tav commented on the "pwned" screen losing it's novelty relatively quickly as well. I'll make an update so that the game over pop-up confirmation screen reloads from your last save point on "Okay" or takes you back to the Manage Character screen if you select "Cancel".
* adds "Remove Game Over screen and allow easier restart" to update list*

Is there any advantage to being neutral whatsoever? If not, then you should get rid of the option altogether.
The idea behind playing a neutral character is it's less "intense". I wanted to have good and evil characters be harder to play, but the rewards greater. Good an evil characters will have more "extreme" battles with good and evil opponents due to two possible elemental opposites or samenesses (character alignment and good/evil equipment). Also, I didn't include the events yet as they're more peripheral and I wanted to get the core gameplay out for "user testing". A lot of the events will be based on good or evil alignment, with about a 65/35 split of negative/positive results based on your alignment. In the next update I'll be changing a few things to make the challenge versus reward of good/evil characters greater. Any comments or suggestions on this are appreciated.
* adds "improve alignment risk/reward ratio" to update list*

EDIT: Keys for Save and Take Item would be great. :)
I didn't think about the Save but that one's easy. I started to look into the Take command but there's a lot of custom code depending upon where it shows up (items versus spells, field versus shops, etc...). When I finished the Beta version I planed on doing it in the next update, as it took some reworking of the code that I didn't want to worry about with the beta release.
* adds "Save and Take shortcut keys" to update list*

Yeah, I had a hard time balancing this game. It's a lot larger than V4.1 so there were a lot more variables involved in the balancing. I played through 3-4 times as various class combinations to work on the balancing and such in testing, but I obviously missed a lot of different class combinations and play styles. I might look into combining a few of the classes in the future to make their life a little easier (like the Ninja and Ogre becoming an Assassin). You should have seen how the game handled before I played through to work on balancing. It was attrocious! xD

This is great feedback and I appreciate it everyone! Please keep it coming. :)

There's no avatar for Dark Hazzard.
Fix'd. :chef:

Mulley, I've hit a bug. I think I went straight from one map to another and at the same time, went into the green temple thing which happened to be on the edge of a map. The monsters and items look like they belong to such temple and I've defeated a green Warren thing, but I don't see the inside of the temple, I see the world map instead, including the green temple which is sitting on the edge of this area where I first entered. I can even walk on the water. :p

I think there's a bug where if you enter a new area and there is a temple in the first square you move to in the new area, it displays the world map but the events (and where you can walk, etc) are all the inners of the temple. To top it all off... I'm stuck. If I go onto a certain square (which I imagine is the entrance to the temple, judging by what happens), it refreshes the map but the map is still bugged. I can't get out! :(

*saves and exits to get out of it*
Yeah, it sounds like it didn't load the earth temple map for some reason. You hit on another item that I think I want to change on the next update, no special tiles on the outer edge of a world map screen. It's a little disorienting to switch world map screens ad be catipulted into a new map. That will probably also fix the bug you've run into.
* adds "no special tiles on outside of world map screens" to update list*

Blue Harvest
03-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I tried to play and it killed my internets T_T

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 03:20 PM
One thing that I found (and couldn't figure out how to fix) is when you play the game in IE, if you open up one of the enemies defeated or spells/items found window, sometimes IE would lock up. I have no idea why this happens, but the game looks a lot better in Firefox and people should be using Firefox anyways so I didn't fuss over it too much. :p

Blue Harvest
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
That's what killed my internets, but I'm using AOL, not IE. I'll try again later with firefox.

edczxcvbnm
I saved and exited and then went back to play....my game did not save >:0

Loony BoB
With regards to gold at the start, you're right in that it's relatively easy to find, but it's even easier to die when you have no weapons, no armour, low stats etc. If possible, it might be an idea to set it up so that the enemies you face on the main town's map are both easy to kill and also that the gold is a bit easier to find - of course, to counter the ease of getting gold I would suggest making it harder to get anything decent in this map weapon/armour-wise. Same goes for the town, of course. You should have it set so that you build yourself up in the initial map in order to get the hang of things and then venture out into more difficult areas. Does the purple town have exactly the same weapons? I forget.

I'm not sure if that's doable, but it would certainly be ideal.

EDIT: On a sidenote, saving, exiting and restarting fixed The Captain's counting problem, too.

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Very odd, I wonder why. I haven't seen any save issues in a while. Can you give me any more details?

With regards to gold at the start, you're right in that it's relatively easy to find, but it's even easier to die when you have no weapons, no armour, low stats etc. If possible, it might be an idea to set it up so that the enemies you face on the main town's map are both easy to kill and also that the gold is a bit easier to find - of course, to counter the ease of getting gold I would suggest making it harder to get anything decent in this map weapon/armour-wise. Same goes for the town, of course. You should have it set so that you build yourself up in the initial map in order to get the hang of things and then venture out into more difficult areas. Does the purple town have exactly the same weapons? I forget.

I'm not sure if that's doable, but it would certainly be ideal.
The difficulty of the enemies are based on the types of tiles. On the world map, the easiest are on the plains, progress in difficulty through the forests and swamps (that's what those poo-ish looking tiles are) to the mountains. In the same regard, the value of item drops increase in value as the difficulty of the tiles increase as well. The world is randomly generated each time the page is loaded, so it's hard to set up the game in a traditional sense where things get difficult on the world the farther you go from the town, but I can change the screens the towns reside on to only include plains and forests, with a 70/30 ratio, respectively.
* adds "change world map screens where towns reside on to be easier" to update list

The red colored town is strength-focused while the purple colored town is a magic-focused.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Dammit, looks like reduced to wussy level...:rolleyes2

BTW, that Micheal Jackson picture at the end is damn funny...

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 03:44 PM
I've compiled a table that outlines the abilities and skills each class gets at the various levels. I've also added a link to this post in my first post so it's easy to find if you want to reference it in the future.

<TABLE BORDER="1"><TR><TD ROWSPAN="2" valign="bottom">Class</TD><TD colspan="4">Skill Level</TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4</TD></TR><TR><TD>Druid</TD><TD>+20% bonus to run</TD><TD>+40% bonus to run</TD><TD>+60% bonus to run</TD><TD>+100% bonus to run</TD></TR><TR><TD>Elementalist</TD><TD>+30% chance to change defensive element<BR/></TD><TD>+50% chance to change defensive element<BR/>+30% chance to change attacking element<BR/></TD><TD>+70% chance to change defensive element<BR/>+50% chance to change attacking element<BR/>+30% chance to change enemy element<BR/></TD><TD>+90% chance to change defensive element<BR/>+70% chance to change attacking element<BR/>+60% chance to change enemy element<BR/></TD></TR><TR><TD>Gypsy</TD><TD>+4 to inventory size<BR/>+10% more experience<BR/></TD><TD>+8 to inventory size<BR/>+20% more experience<BR/></TD><TD>+12 to inventory size<BR/>+30% more experience<BR/></TD><TD>+16 to inventory size<BR/>+50% more experience<BR/></TD></TR><TR><TD>Knight</TD><TD>+20% bonus to equipment</TD><TD>+40% bonus to equipment</TD><TD>+60% bonus to equipment</TD><TD>+100% bonus to equipment</TD></TR><TR><TD>Mage Warrior</TD><TD>+10% bonus to equipment<BR/>25% chance to find spell<BR/>1 spell found<BR/>Up to level 1 spells found<BR/>1 spell slot</TD><TD>+20% bonus to equipment<BR/>30% chance to find spell<BR/>1 spell found<BR/>Up to level 1 spells found<BR/>2 spell slot</TD><TD>+30% bonus to equipment<BR/>35% chance to find spell<BR/>2 spell found<BR/>Up to level 2 spells found<BR/>3 spell slot</TD><TD>+50% bonus to equipment<BR/>50% chance to find spell<BR/>2 spell found<BR/>Up to level 2 spells found<BR/>4 spell slot</TD></TR><TR><TD>Merchant</TD><TD>+10% discount in shops<BR/>+10% more gold on sold items in shops<BR/>+10% chance to find gold after battle<BR/>+50% more gold found<BR/></TD><TD>+20% discount in shops<BR/>+20% more gold on sold items in shops<BR/>+20% chance to find gold after battle<BR/>+100% more gold found<BR/></TD><TD>+30% discount in shops<BR/>+30% more gold on sold items in shops<BR/>+30% chance to find gold after battle<BR/>+150% more gold found<BR/></TD><TD>+50% discount in shops<BR/>+20% more gold on sold items in shops<BR/>+50% chance to find gold after battle<BR/>+200% more gold found<BR/></TD></TR><TR><TD>Ninja</TD><TD>+20% bonus to dodge</TD><TD>+40% bonus to dodge</TD><TD>+60% bonus to dodge</TD><TD>+100% bonus to dodge</TD></TR><TR><TD>Ogre</TD><TD>+20% change of critical hit</TD><TD>+40% change of critical hit</TD><TD>+60% change of critical hit</TD><TD>+100% change of critical hit</TD></TR><TR><TD>Pirate</TD><TD>+10% chance to find item after battle<BR/>+50% more gold found<BR/></TD><TD>+20% chance to find item after battle<BR/>+100% more gold found<BR/></TD><TD>+30% chance to find item after battle<BR/>+150% more gold found<BR/></TD><TD>+50% chance to find item after battle<BR/>+200% more gold found<BR/></TD></TR><TR><TD>Sorceror</TD><TD>50% chance to find spell<BR/>1 spell found<BR/>Up to level 1 spells found<BR/>2 spell slots</TD><TD>60% chance to find spell<BR/>2 spell found<BR/>Up to level 2 spells found<BR/>4 spell slot</TD><TD>70% chance to find spell<BR/>2 spell found<BR/>Up to level 3 spells found<BR/>6 spell slot</TD><TD>100% chance to find spell<BR/>3 spell found<BR/>Up to level 4 spells found<BR/>8 spell slot</TD></TR></TABLE>

Loony BoB
03-11-2008, 03:55 PM
The Captain is stuck back on 477 again, even after I saved and restarted. :(

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 03:57 PM
What do you mean by he's stuck?

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Very odd, I wonder why. I haven't seen any save issues in a while. Can you give me any more details?

I clicked save and exit. It popped up a box asking me if I want to save and exit. Of course clicked yes :P Went to reload the game an hour later and all my minor "work" was lost XP

I wish it was a bit easier to find the special items like tasty pie, rye and what not. I got to like...900 strength and still only found 1 doc france XP

Loony BoB
03-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Items Found popup once again crashed IE6, by the way. Definitely only happens with that button so you might want to look into it.

Oh, and Cap'n being 'stuck' means that he won't change his count of how many enemies you've killed/faced when you kill more enemies.

Special items found so far: Rye, Doc France, Tastey Pies. Of those, I don't know what two of them are for. xD I might have found more, actually, but I've been on mass-kill mode, hitting Left, F, Left, F, Left, F etc. constantly without care for anything that I might be able to pick up.

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 04:17 PM
I clicked save and exit. It popped up a box asking me if I want to save and exit. Of course clicked yes :P Went to reload the game an hour later and all my minor "work" was lost XP
Bummer, I wish I new how to recreate it to investigate.

I wish it was a bit easier to find the special items like tasty pie, rye and what not. I got to like...900 strength and still only found 1 doc france XP
There used to be a 1% chance to find most of the quest items, which I bumped up to 3% after my playthrough testing. I'll probably up it again to make the game move a little smoother.

Items Found popup once again crashed IE6, by the way. Definitely only happens with that button so you might want to look into it.
It happened for me several times with the Spells Found popup as well. I tried to fix it, but I could never diagnose the problem. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all for it. The code that opens up the popup windows looks like this(Spells Found used in this example):

var spellsFoundWindow = window.open("#", "SpellsFound", "scrollbars,resizable,status");
spellsFoundWindow.document.write(" ... writes html contents of window ... );
spellsFoundWindow.document.close();
Note: None of the popup window writing is contained in a loop. All looping is done before the window is opened and html strings of items/spells/enemies from looping are generated. Then the window is opened and the html strings are written to the window.

Oh, and Cap'n being 'stuck' means that he won't change his count of how many enemies you've killed/faced when you kill more enemies.
He only monitors how many enemies you've killed at least once, not how many you've killed overall or met but ran away from. Is his behavior inconsistent from what you're encountering with your in-game play?

Special items found so far: Rye, Doc France, Tastey Pies. Of those, I don't know what two of them are for. xD I might have found more, actually, but I've been on mass-kill mode, hitting Left, F, Left, F, Left, F etc. constantly without care for anything that I might be able to pick up.
They're all quest items, and some quest items are only usable after certain criteria have been met(typically increasing your class skills in some manner).

leader of mortals
03-11-2008, 04:29 PM
What is gooey toast for?

AHHH IT DIDNT SAVE MINE!!! I LEVELED LIKE 30 FOR EVERYTHING:( :cry: :( :cry:

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm going to dive into the logs and see if I can find any common errors. I'm surprised that the save problems are sporadic. I would think that they would be consistent and easy to reproduce.

Also, I've upped the chance of finding some of the rarer items, like quest items, from three to five percent, so hopefully that will make the game a little more fluid and enjoyable. If you're currently playing, you'll need to save and exit(hopefully the save will behave) and reload your character to pick up the new version of the code.

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I think I might have found the problem. It looks like there was an include statement for a file that had the wrong extension. This could be why the popups would hang in IE, as it was trying to find a file that didn't exist. I updated the file extension on the include, so if you refresh the game it will hopefully fix that problem.

leader of mortals
03-11-2008, 04:58 PM
What are tasty pies for too?

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 05:04 PM
What are tasty pies for too?

They're all quest items, and some quest items are only usable after certain criteria have been met(typically increasing your class skills in some manner).
I'm purposefully being a little vague because I want people to explore and find out what they're for, rather than knowing everything from a gamefaqs sort of manner when they first start the game.

Peegee
03-11-2008, 05:31 PM
I died in my first encounter because I wasn't able to do damage. I spammed attack and we'd just keep doing 1 dmg each. I click dodge and nothing happened.

So I spammed run and got pwnt.

=(

edit getting the hang of it. It's awfully hard though.

theundeadhero
03-11-2008, 05:35 PM
I remember in V2 when I was the super ultimate hard monster.

leader of mortals
03-11-2008, 05:55 PM
I dont know how to upgrade my class skills though...

alright now I am pissed! I tried to save and exit and load back up to get back to town. I had gained 50 stats without saving so I was going to now. I found a war angel and thats why I wanted to go to town. Guess what? DIDN'T SAVE!!!

Loony BoB
03-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Given that Rye and Doc France are taking up valuable space in my inventory, is it possible to make these quest items move into the quest item inventory area?

EDIT: Are you going to make harder areas kick in at any point? Right now it will probably take forever to get up to level 4 in any class, and you'd have beaten the hardest enemy long before such a thing happens, which gives litttle incentive to actually get additional classes.

Momiji
03-11-2008, 06:26 PM

alright now I am pissed! I tried to save and exit and load back up to get back to town. I had gained 50 stats without saving so I was going to now. I found a war angel and thats why I wanted to go to town. Guess what? DIDN'T SAVE!!!

That's your own damn fault. ;)

I found me (pre-name change) in there! ^^

Fonzie
03-11-2008, 06:27 PM
I lost to my Hollow self. :(

TyphoonThaReapa
03-11-2008, 06:34 PM
MY character must be powerful because I have yet to find him and I've kill most of all the small fries...:cool:

DK
03-11-2008, 06:42 PM
The random generated map at the start and all is cool, except when you're a nublet ninja and you spawn in town that is completely surrounded by forests and mountains. :mad2:

Cookie
03-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Do the stats go up to 9999? ;[

leader of mortals
03-11-2008, 06:53 PM

How is it my fault the game didnt save when I saved?

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Has anyone found a mirage or crossblades yet?

Momiji
03-11-2008, 07:02 PM

I dunno. I've never saved and exited. I've just saved and clicked the X for that window.

Shauna
03-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Awesome. I've yet to play this... but I'll get to it. :D Yay Mullet~

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Given that Rye and Doc France are taking up valuable space in my inventory, is it possible to make these quest items move into the quest item inventory area?
Not a bad idea, I'll have to look into it. The Quest Items panel is improperly named as it really houses key items, but I think adding the quest items to that panel would work too.
* adds "Move quest items to Quest Items panel" to work items (that sounds obvious written that way xD)

EDIT: Are you going to make harder areas kick in at any point? Right now it will probably take forever to get up to level 4 in any class, and you'd have beaten the hardest enemy long before such a thing happens, which gives litttle incentive to actually get additional classes.
I upped the chances of the rare items dropping, so it shouldn't be as hard to advance now. Also, in terms of hard areas, there are two bonus caves that appear in the game. one when you defeat Del and the other when you defeat Cid. Some items (including one minor quest item not related to class advancement) are only found in these caves.

I dunno. I've never saved and exited. I've just saved and clicked the X for that window.
"Save" and "Save and Exit" use the same saving code, so I don't know why it would be different. leader of mortals, what browser are you using? You seem to be one of the few that's having save issues.

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Now I just click save a bunch of times XD

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Same goes to you ed, what version of what browser are you using? Maybe you and leader of mortals are using some gimpy browser that can't handle the awesomeness in my game. :smash:

Raistlin
03-11-2008, 08:09 PM
So I'm a Pirate with 20-something strength, and I still die to creatures with 2 magic unless I equip +magic accessories. Is it like that way the whole game, where I'll just have to run from half of the creatures on the map? Why is strength completely inferior to magic?

EDIT: nevermind, I realized doing so allows me to level up magic also.

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Same goes to you ed, what version of what browser are you using? Maybe you and leader of mortals are using some gimpy browser that can't handle the awesomeness in my game. :smash:

Using Firefox 2.0.0.6

Psychotic
03-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey Goldenboko you big wussy boy, I just smited you in the game!

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2008, 08:39 PM
So like...I have not found one of these special unlocked caves yet. I beat the game on hard and did not get a new difficulty level either.

Can't find cross blades for Loony BoB or Mirage for...whoever XD Probably those are in those dungeons that are not appearing...wait...do I have to reload the game to make them appear after I beat it? *ponders*

EDIT: Yeah. That opened up the caves. Also when I reload the bosses are back in their caves XD I thought I owned them XD

Araciel
03-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Really well-done. The first enemy I fought was myself.

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 08:47 PM
The bosses come back when you reload the game. They have a higher item drop rate, like in Diablo, and I made the reappear whenever the game is reloaded.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-11-2008, 08:50 PM
I just beat the Game and I still haven't fought myself...Did you exclude me Mullet???:(

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 09:02 PM
I just beat the Game and I still haven't fought myself...Did you exclude me Mullet???:(
I'm going to make this statement once, and quote it for everytime it gets asked after this. If you don't have 100% of the enemies defeated, don't ask if you're missing from the game. Yeah, you're probably in there. :p

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Just for typhoon ;D

TyphoonThaReapa
03-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Just for typhoon ;D

YOU KILLED ME!!!!:eek:

Cookie
03-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Rape_King. I lol'd.

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Just for typhoon ;D
Being in that cave, his attribute should be a lot higher than 24. Now I've got something else to investigate...

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Just for typhoon ;D
Being in that cave, his attribute should be a lot higher than 24. Now I've got something else to investigate...

I think you screwed up. Because that is the stronger of the 2 extra caves. The other one just has total wusses from the world map on it. So like...I still can't get the mirage either. I have gotten everything else(not accessories and weapons and stuff...working on it!)

I was waiting till I killed all I could kill to see if Spuuky did something

Cookie
03-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Mirage can be found in a cave with a pink interior. :p

leader of mortals
03-11-2008, 10:01 PM
I have gooey toast, tasty pies, and doc france. I got mirage in one of the caves before cid. Oh and my raw stats are...

Str:446
Mag:356
Agi:53
Life: 122

I owned cid and also dark god. could someone tell me what agility does for you?

YES!!! I FINALLY FOUGHT MYSELF!!!!!!!!

oh and I have killed 293 or 61.43% of the enemies now.

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2008, 10:03 PM
thx

I got 3 crossblades in the cave that unlocks after you beat cid.

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 10:19 PM
could someone tell me what agility does for you?
Agility allows you to dodge enemy attacks. If your attack is lower than the enemies, then your agility is used to generate a dodge amount in a similar manner to your attack. If your dodge is higher than the enemy attack, you dodge. Otherwise you get hit.

oddler
03-11-2008, 10:47 PM
The good ogre oddler enters the fray with holy business and zippy gloves.

Although, I do miss totally dominating people. :choc2:

Cookie
03-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Dark Baloki's not showing up on my enemy list thing even though I've beat him a few times.

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
There are a bunch of missing pictures for the record. Dr Unne is one and I can't remember the rest.

leader of mortals
03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Agility allows you to dodge enemy attacks. If your attack is lower than the enemies, then your agility is used to generate a dodge amount in a similar manner to your attack. If your dodge is higher than the enemy attack, you dodge. Otherwise you get hit.

but thats only if you choose dodge right? What is the point of dodging if it does no damage though?

rubah
03-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Druids are awesome dodgers. like pretty much a million % of the time xD

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 10:54 PM

but thats only if you choose dodge right? What is the point of dodging if it does no damage though?
You automatically attempt to dodge if you attack and lose. Your agility is increased at the end of battle when you successfully dodge, and towards the later half of the game, when you're whomping on everything in sight, you'll never have a chance to increase your agility as you'll never lose. I added the dodge button so there would be a way to attempt to dodge in battle and raise your agility through battle. Although at that point it's easier to do it through a trainer.

If someone can list which enemy pictures are missing I'll check into them.

NeoCracker
03-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Odd problem.

I deleted a character, remade a character with the same name and class, but a different alignment.

When I loaded up that new character, it had all the equipment of the other character I deleted.

Psychotic
03-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Dark Baloki's not showing up on my enemy list thing even though I've beat him a few times.He appeared for me, but once I reloaded my game he disappeared.

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Odd problem.

I deleted a character, remade a character with the same name and class, but a different alignment.

When I loaded up that new character, it had all the equipment of the other character I deleted.
Looks like the cascade delete didn't take and the old equipment remained. I'll check it out.

Also, I've fixed the higher difficulty bug so if you've defeated the game on hard you can reincarnate a character and try a higher difficulty level.

leader of mortals
03-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Who is that one dude in the mage city that says "ultimate boss battle", but I cant fight it. Am I not strong enough?

Sergeant Hartman
03-11-2008, 11:22 PM
keep dying tbh

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2008, 11:23 PM
It is not saving that I beat both Balokis and whoever is the last person in the normal group. Level 26 all the way to the right.

Goldenboko
03-11-2008, 11:24 PM
HAHA! I've finally killed me (thus bumping this game up to an 8.5 :P).

I'm guess I'm glad to see I wasn't some pushover to find like Psychotic :p

Rianoa
03-11-2008, 11:34 PM
i dont get it :sweat:

leader of mortals
03-11-2008, 11:53 PM
I wish I could remember where doc france was... When my internet Closed out, I lost the 2 I had(and yes I had 2) and now there dont seem to be any anywhere...

edczxcvbnm
03-11-2008, 11:58 PM
doc france can be found in the special caves or the final dungeon

leader of mortals
03-12-2008, 12:02 AM
doc france can be found in the special caves or the final dungeon

Thats what I thought but they arent showing anymore... I'll try a little more though. Thank you.

Edit: Yeah I think my game is glitched now because I have fought far more than 100 enemies in the tower and nothing... I guess I'll just have to start over.....:(

Edit*2: AHA!!! Just as I lost hope! I FOUND ONE!!! Yipee!!!

edczxcvbnm
03-12-2008, 12:14 AM
look at me. i did almost everything and was still missing mirage.

Goldenboko
03-12-2008, 12:15 AM
look at me. i did almost everything and was still missing mirage.

I can't find Mirage either >.<

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Took me forever to find Rye.

Looking for Mirage and another Tastey Pie now.

oddler
03-12-2008, 12:33 AM
When I beat Cid and saved it, it didn't actually save the data. I loaded back up and started back before I fought all the WarrenWs. Also, I couldn't leave the tower. I went in, but when I tried to leave it took me to the world map but it was acting like I was still in the tower. Same thing Loony BoB brought up earlier, I think.

Trying hard now as an evil merchant. :greenie:

Raistlin
03-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Um, I saved earlier, and when I came back I had lost a lot (I went from 65% of the monsters fought back to 55%). I had saved way more than once between that time, too.

Goldenboko
03-12-2008, 01:18 AM
How do you find spells?

Levian
03-12-2008, 01:23 AM
By being a Sorcerer :p That's what I reincarnated my Gypsy as! :]

Flying Mullet
03-12-2008, 01:44 AM
How do you find spells?
As Lev mentioned, you have to be a class that finds spells, and you find them from defeating enemies, just like the pirate finds items after battle.

I'm sorry everyone's having so many problems saving data. I wonder if there could be some concurrency problems. I might turn on some debugging in the php and have it spit any database errors to the screen if that's where the problems lie.

Tavrobel
03-12-2008, 02:10 AM
Yeah, half my items got regularly wiped. I believe I IM'd an instance where I lost 2 Tastey Pies.

leader of mortals
03-12-2008, 02:11 AM
The saving problem only happened to me with the save and exit function, so I save and then save and exit whenever I need to leave.

edit: aha but that didnt help me though now that I come back on. Back to an earlier save again.

edit*2: alright is there some kind of space issue because I cant save it anymore...

Eiko Guy
03-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Pervious versions?

rubah
03-12-2008, 04:41 AM
I think part of the save trouble is that it times out, because I just saved then reset and had to log back in first, so I don't guess it saved my last save.

Tasura
03-12-2008, 07:25 AM
The whole, 'take a step, die' thing got old, I was literally saving after every step, then I found a magical shardy thing, that gave me +1 magic, and that made my life so much easier, now my stats are big and it makes me happy, I've even killed HOOTERS, Faris the Guy and PiP.

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Just need to track down God and Dark God now.

And fill out the Monster list.

And find 2 doc Frances.

Nominus Experse
03-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Baloki, why the fuck won't you show up?

How do you become a Demigod or Chameleon?

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey Mullet, you should send me a Pic of your Dark Neocracker, cause that thing looks awesome all inverted and such.

Edit: Also, I forgot about War Angel, as I just got one.

Now one more Doc France to go.

Nominus Experse
03-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Arghhh! Someone care to give me a little hint how to make Loony BoB get his damned spreadsheets finished so he can do something other than call me newb?

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 09:44 AM
After you do the thing to Get the Doc Frances, BoB will stop calling you a newb and give you another quest.

blackmage_nuke
03-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Im not sure if this has been mentioned yet but sometimes when i move the browser scrolls in the direction i move. Its very annoying, how to i stop it?

Nominus Experse
03-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Im not sure if this has been mentioned yet but sometimes when i move the browser scrolls in the direction i move. Its very annoying, how to i stop it?
Does it still do this when the browser window is maximized?

blackmage_nuke
03-12-2008, 10:47 AM

yes

leader of mortals
03-12-2008, 01:21 PM

yes

If you check an items info from the field, it makes the scroll bar smaller. Not a monster drop, it has to be you move a space and find an item. It is still annoying though. To make it not happen, don't check an items info on the bottom of the screen.

leader of mortals
03-12-2008, 01:46 PM
sorry for the double post, but this is important...

I had 8 items, saved and left, came back with only three. I had a heroic chalice with me when I had my 3 items left, but I knew I didn't have it before I saved. Then I got a stone scepter, saved, left, came back and I had a stone scepter. Then I picked up a stick and the stick replaced the scepter! Is this a bug or did you want this?

Edit: stats dont seem to save though...

Quindiana Jones
03-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't get this game. I'm OK at it. But I don't seem to get anywhere. :(

Great fun though. :bigsmile:

EDIT: Wow I just met myself for the first time! :giddy: But I ran because I would've lost. :(

Nominus Experse
03-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Mulley, you think you could list the items and what their ranges of possible stats are?

I want to try and get the best possible Sword of Purgatory Platinum Bow now, but I don't want to be looking for something that doesn't exist.

Peegee
03-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Do "I" exist in this game? I haven't seen 'myself' yet

Raistlin
03-12-2008, 08:34 PM
yes, you do, PG. You're a level 25 monster.

Looking at my "enemies defeated" screen, there's a whole consecutive 6x9 chunk of creatures (apparently "Dark" creatures) that I haven't even encountered before, though I've been everywhere (that I know of) and completed every quest I could find. There's still a few other enemies I haven't encountered (including one "Uber" enemy - the one next to Baloki), but that block is 95% of the ones I'm missing. Is that in a hidden area or something?

Flying Mullet
03-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Mulley, you think you could list the items and what their ranges of possible stats are?

I want to try and get the best possible Sword of Purgatory Platinum Bow now, but I don't want to be looking for something that doesn't exist.
If you pull up the Items Found screen, it lists the base stats for the item. Item attributes (+/- strength/magic/agility) can vary +/-30% and item percent bonuses can vary 20%.

So if an item has +10 to strength and +10% to strength, it can spawn with anything from +7 strength and +8% strength to +13 strength and +12% strength.

Looking at my "enemies defeated" screen, there's a whole consecutive 6x9 chunk of creatures (apparently "Dark" creatures) that I haven't even encountered before, though I've been everywhere (that I know of) and completed every quest I could find. There's still a few other enemies I haven't encountered (including one "Uber" enemy - the one next to Baloki), but that block is 95% of the ones I'm missing. Is that in a hidden area or something?
All dark monsters are found in the tower, so that might be a bug. I'll have to look into it.

I need to turn on some type of debugging in the save functionality as it looks like there might be some problems there.

Nominus Experse
03-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh, didn't realize that. Thanks Mulley.

leader of mortals
03-12-2008, 08:44 PM
hey mullet was it your intention to only save 3 items or is that a problem?

Rocket Edge
03-12-2008, 08:45 PM
How do you play? xD

I'm serious.

Flying Mullet
03-12-2008, 08:47 PM
hey mullet was it your intention to only save 3 items or is that a problem?
That be a problem.

leader of mortals
03-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Does anyone else have that problem or is it just me?

Nominus Experse
03-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Arghh! How do you get the other caves to appear? I've defeated Cid. Why don't they show?

leader of mortals
03-12-2008, 08:53 PM
I only have 3 caves too. I thought you said after killing cid you get 2 extra caves...

Flying Mullet
03-12-2008, 08:57 PM
I checked the inventory table and several characters have more than three items saved so it looks like it's an intermitent bug.

The cave will only show up after you exit/reload your game.

Nominus Experse
03-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Still only three caves

Flying Mullet
03-12-2008, 09:08 PM
For those of you that are having consistent problems, such as the caves not showing or saving getting arfed up, if you could PM me which character (NOT account) you are getting the errors with, I'll copy the character data to my local machine and test it on the local version of the game and see if I can recreate it here and fix the problem.

CimminyCricket
03-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Monkey-Man, you are a genius.

demondude
03-12-2008, 09:23 PM
What about meeeeeeeeeee~

Nominus Experse
03-12-2008, 09:24 PM
I lawl at people who focus more on whether or not they made an appearance in the game than the game itself.

demondude
03-12-2008, 09:28 PM
I played the game but I keep dying. :O

rubah
03-12-2008, 09:42 PM
How do you play? xD
you pick your character, run away as much as you can, and save after you move any successful block. Eventually you will run into enough squares that you can go into the town and train yourself up or buy better weapons that you can actually start killing monsters.

You have to be very patient in the beginning though. Some classes are easier to start with than others.

Raistlin
03-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Still only three caves

Wait, are there supposed to be MORE than three caves? Then my game's glitched, too.

Quindiana Jones
03-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Haha I've only ever found one cave. :D

Flying Mullet
03-12-2008, 10:14 PM
I only have 3 caves too. I thought you said after killing cid you get 2 extra caves...

Still only three caves

Wait, are there supposed to be MORE than three caves? Then my game's glitched, too.
Sorry guys, I misread what you said. There are two extra caves total. One houses Del, one is unlocked after you beat Del and one is unlocked after you beat Cid.

Sorry for any confusion. :(

rubah
03-12-2008, 10:33 PM
no one wants my doc france ;.;

Also i don't think it's very fair that I can't equip Captain's lovers locket:(

[edit- now he wants my doc france but he won't exchange it so it's still taking up an inventory slot >;[]

Nominus Experse
03-12-2008, 10:37 PM

Still only three caves

Sorry guys, I misread what you said. There are two extra caves total. One houses Del, one is unlocked after you beat Del and one is unlocked after you beat Cid.

Sorry for any confusion. :(

Oooohhhhhhhh.... I see.

So where are all the other enemies? I can't seem to find the remaining 10 or so percent.

And Crossblades and Mirage refuse to appear - ANYWHERE.

A little hint, perhaps?

no one wants my doc france ;.;

Also i don't think it's very fair that I can't equip Captain's lovers locket:(
Someone in the Violet Town takes your Doc France(s), but only until you have completed certain other tasks (related to your character's advancement in terms of skills).

The Lover's Locket can be equipped by trading in your Doc Frances to the person in the Violet Town.

I'm being purposely vague so I don't ruin it.

EDIT: Oh :skull::skull::skull::skull:, I just killed myself.

Die you stupid rose!

rubah
03-12-2008, 10:55 PM
you don't have to be that vague, it says in the item description who can equip it :p

Nominus Experse
03-12-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm trying to be or less vague as to how exactly you get to be a Chameleon, but meh...

Crossblades and Mirage are still yet to be found... as are a HUGE portion of the Dark enemies. I have no idea where to find them...

Flying Mullet
03-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Mirage is only found in the purple/pink bonus cave. Crossblades can only be found in the blue bonus cave.

Nominus Experse
03-12-2008, 11:15 PM
OMFG that bugger is difficult to find. Finally got one.

EDIT: Where are the last section of Dark Enemies to be found? They don't seem to be in the tower.

Tavrobel
03-12-2008, 11:55 PM
See Mulley? I told you I couldn't find those last Dark Enemies! My evil version has yet to see the light of day!

Flying Mullet
03-13-2008, 12:04 AM
My evil version has yet to see the light of day!
WAD :cool:

Tavrobel
03-13-2008, 12:12 AM
2287/2053/2000/751.

I recently blew a 65k gold stash wad on a bunch of bonuses for myself. And I must say, I'm quite happy with them. One Tower run gave me about 6k. Just 11 more of those, and I'll be set!

C'mon God. I'm ready for you!

Tasura
03-13-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm assuming the Uber enemies are Baloki and Dark Baloki, and if so, it didn't register me beating Dark Baloki, even though I have the item I found after beating him.

CimminyCricket
03-13-2008, 12:30 AM
I love this game, I cannot quit regardless of how many times I get raped.

Flying Mullet
03-13-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm assuming the Uber enemies are Baloki and Dark Baloki, and if so, it didn't register me beating Dark Baloki, even though I have the item I found after beating him.
I'm investigating the dark and higher enemies not being registered as beaten.

Tasura
03-13-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm investigating the dark and higher enemies not being registered as beaten.

It was just Dark Baloki that didn't register, and that 6x9 block of Dark enemies that may or may not exist that others mentioned.

Edit: I also lost all but the quest items, and about half the stats I built up after my last save, I was holding onto that Ying for so damn long too ;_;

rubah
03-13-2008, 03:26 AM
I haven't run into the dark rubah so I'm holding out hope still ;) (although there's a lot of them I've not run into).

Are the "boss battles" not supposed to show up in the enemies list? It makes me kinda sad :(

leader of mortals
03-13-2008, 03:26 AM
yeah stats just dont seem to save... It's a shame:(

rubah
03-13-2008, 03:56 AM
dang, I've regressed to not being a chameleon anymore, and I don't have the doc frances ;.;

(mullet, just call this 'amnesia' and say it's a feature)

Tavrobel
03-13-2008, 04:01 AM
Wow, I've never had the problem of class regression, only item loss.

Good thing it's only a Beta!

That being said, I've only killed Dark rubah once, according to the "enemies met" log.

rubah
03-13-2008, 04:20 AM
I was about to get upset tha ti lost a war angel, then I remembered I got it refined.

[edit- i just found my first face. i am so happy]

the mirage seems like the most worthless quest ever >:[

Wow, I've seen few able to handle two trades at once. I'm impressed! I tell you what, bring me 0 Tastey Pies and I'll see what I can do.
maybe that has to do with my class devolution :(

Tasura
03-13-2008, 04:55 AM
Yea, the Mirage quest doesn't seem worth it, unless the rewards get bigger for each mirage you bring.

Giga Guess
03-13-2008, 05:15 AM
AWESOME!!!!

KH-Cloudy
03-13-2008, 06:50 AM
MY GOD!!

MULLEY, YOU ARE GOD!

Hehehe, I'm going to have fun! :D

KentaRawr!
03-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Ohh, I remember this! That one game where I could kill Loony BoB by giving him some bad food!

I'm totally playing this now. :3

Edit: Well, it looks like I've smitten myself. Be seeing you guys later.

Jessweeee♪
03-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Can neutral characters do anything?

xD

Raistlin
03-13-2008, 06:51 PM
That 54-enemy block of unfightable enemies is still there and makes me sad. Until those enemies are either recorded properly or removed, it doesn't look like I can advance anymore in the game.

Flying Mullet
03-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Okay, I fixed the dark enemy bug. Looks like there was one spot in the spawn code that was miss-coded to a total strength index length of 20 (which was true in V4.1). I upped it to 26, which is where it should be and now the full gamut of dark enemies are spawning in the tower.

Raistlin
03-13-2008, 08:24 PM
I just checked, and they're starting to show now. Yay!

Have you fixed the bug that lets you only save three items in your inventory yet? I forgot to mention I had that one, too.

scrumpleberry
03-13-2008, 08:33 PM
I love it love it love it!

Raistlin
03-13-2008, 08:38 PM
It took me like 5 minutes to get to 95%. So now what does it take to get spuuky to talk to you? 100%? Damn elitist! :mad2:

Flying Mullet
03-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Have you fixed the bug that lets you only save three items in your inventory yet? I forgot to mention I had that one, too.
I haven't had a chance to look into that one yet.

It took me like 5 minutes to get to 95%. So now what does it take to get spuuky to talk to you? 100%? Damn elitist! :mad2:
I'll give a hint. You need to start finding a lot more items and spells.

Cookie
03-13-2008, 08:45 PM
What if I can't find spells? Does that mean he won't talk? :p

Raistlin
03-13-2008, 08:46 PM

So actually collecting those worthless things? I've probably seen every item and spell in the game by now.

Flying Mullet
03-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Yup. It means you'll need to reincarnate your character after you beat Cid and pick a class on your next character that can find spells.

I wanted to find ways that encouraged replaying the game as different class combinations.

Cookie
03-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Yup. It means you'll need to reincarnate your character after you beat Cid and pick a class on your next character that can find spells.

I wanted to find ways that encouraged replaying the game as different class combinations.

Ah, alright then. I'll do that tomorrow. Really good game, btw.

Tasura
03-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Good thing my second class was a Sorc. =O Knight/Sorc/Gyp. Is a fun one. granted I can't find the highest level spells, but it saves some time at least.

leader of mortals
03-13-2008, 09:31 PM
new bug!!! I cant check my items found, spells found, or enemies found. My internet freezes up.:(

Levian
03-13-2008, 09:54 PM

So actually collecting those worthless things? I've probably seen every item and spell in the game by now.

Seeing doesn't help, they have to be in your inventory. ;o found that out the hard way

Raistlin
03-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Seeing doesn't help, they have to be in your inventory. ;o found that out the hard way

How many spells and items do you need? Just so I know if I need to reincarnate my character or not.

rubah
03-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Do you have to be a pirate to get all of the items?

Flying Mullet
03-13-2008, 10:22 PM
How many spells and items do you need? Just so I know if I need to reincarnate my character or not.
95%.

Do you have to be a pirate to get all of the items?
No, but Pirates have a chance of finding items after battle, so they speed up the item finding process.

Raistlin
03-13-2008, 10:23 PM
95% what? You can't have 95% of the items or spells in your inventory. :p

Tavrobel
03-13-2008, 10:24 PM
95% what? You can't have 95% of the items or spells in your inventory. :p

Once you get rid of them (sales) they still remain in the "encountered" portion. You only to get them into the inventory, then out.

Raistlin
03-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Ooh, ok. So I don't need to reincarnate; it'll just be slower to get all the spells.

Flying Mullet
03-13-2008, 10:32 PM
And if you don't want to trek back to town you can drop items at any time from your inventory.

Nominus Experse
03-13-2008, 10:47 PM
There seems to be a bug in that Dark Baloki, and both carnations of The Jackal (ljljl69-whatever) won't save in the Enemies defeated window.

CimminyCricket
03-13-2008, 10:48 PM
theundeadhero, you're a bastard. Just so that everyone knows, theundeadhero's a bastard. Killed me.

KentaRawr!
03-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I feel so weak, being able to kill myself so easily like that.

Quindiana Jones
03-13-2008, 11:00 PM
I forgot to pick up whatever item it was that appeared after beating Cid. lol @ me.

CimminyCricket
03-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Gooey Toast? I has something cool!

KentaRawr!
03-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Gooey Toast? I has something cool!

This probably won't apply here, but in an earlier version of the game, giving it to Loony BoB did something. I forget what though.

rubah
03-13-2008, 11:03 PM
BoB wants something else now. And he's too stuck up to talk to me now that I have it >:[

Mullet, I have been reduced to 'bring me 0 tasty pies', and I don't know what's wrong ;.;

Dark Dr Unne has no picture apparently :o

[edit- I took him a tasty pies and he exchanged me for zero tasty pies and I still have it. logical, but weird.]

[SMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURF! the same thing is happening with the doc france!]

Tavrobel
03-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Last Oath and Dr Unne also do not have pictures.

CimminyCricket
03-13-2008, 11:33 PM
I now have two Gooey Toasts. What the hell do they do?!

Edit: Nevermind.

Edit 2: HAH! Eat whatever weapon it is that I have equipped, theundeadhero!

rubah
03-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Huh, I noticed when I saved that the last item in my inventory (a crossblades) was moved to the front of the list (where there was an empty slot). I kinda want to do some studies on saves affecting number of items, but maybe when I don't have some precious equipment I don't want to lose xD

[edit- I KILL J00 BALOKI]

Raistlin
03-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Wait, what's the benefit of reincarnating a character? I just reincarnated my character so I could get the level 2 spells, and all my enemy/items/spells found information was lost. :(

Does that mean I have to do it ALL over again to be able to talk to spuuky?

EDIT: Nevermind, I did it again and it worked for some reason. A few enemies were lost (such as Dark Baloki), but the rest carried over.

EDIT2: Though a bunch of the items and all but two of the spells did not carry over. =o

Akaria
03-14-2008, 12:54 AM
I got my character really leveled up in the past hour, like strength was 202 and magic was at least 190, agility 195, and life 130 something. I had the Heroic Chalace, the necklace for getting to 30% kill rate...The Murasame...I saved and clicked the save a lot, because I had read that some people's things weren't saving. I trusted it after 20 some saves in a row, and logged out...Back in...And OH HEY nothing's above 100!...Smurf.

Vyk
03-14-2008, 01:58 AM
Oh that sucks butt Aka... x_x;

And I can't exchange the Rye. Might have been brought up but I don't feel like readin the whole thread :}

Edit: Wait, Aka. When you log in and see your char its just base stats. Those massive stats are probably from equipment boosts. Whenever you get back actually start up the character and see if your stats are back o.o

Giga Guess
03-14-2008, 03:00 AM
I dun has a cameo. :(

CimminyCricket
03-14-2008, 03:06 AM
ZOMG You're alive!

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but, The Last Oath has no picture.

Giga Guess
03-14-2008, 03:11 AM
PureGhetto doesn't either...there's a few that don't, actually.

Oh, and I kicked 'Loki and Anti-Loki's furry ass.

rubah
03-14-2008, 04:06 AM
psh, you're high level monsters, why do you need a cameo!

Vyk
03-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Yay, I beated the game~ Akaria will be so proud! :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-14-2008, 05:23 AM
Hit a weird glitch where I left the Wind Temple and the area thought it still was the Wind Temple based on the encounters I was getting. Wasn't able to leave the zone either, had to save and exit.

Giga Guess
03-14-2008, 05:32 AM

Oh, am I a monster?

Vyk
03-14-2008, 05:43 AM
Hit a weird glitch where I left the Wind Temple and the area thought it still was the Wind Temple based on the encounters I was getting. Wasn't able to leave the zone either, had to save and exit.

That happened to me quite a bit towards the end. Something in the memory I think. If I opened my inventory and closed it, then you'd see the place properly again and be able to exit again and hope it actually let you out that time. Similar problems entering dungeons. It'd look like I was still outside, but I was actually in a cave or something. Popping open inventory fixed that too

rubah
03-14-2008, 05:54 AM

Oh, am I a monster?

Oh I thought you were :( I could've sworn I had encountered you, but apparently I haven't! :(

Also the item save glitch seems to be whatever item is in the fourth place overwrites the item in first place. I'm really glad I didn't find a doc france (which I still need 0 of) and have it be in the first place (although the crossblade i had been saving is gone :( the second one I've lost that way!)

CimminyCricket
03-14-2008, 05:54 AM

Ditto, I almost crapped myself when I found that I was walking on water.

Vyk
03-14-2008, 07:47 AM
Phooey. I just lost 100 strength (among other not so important things) 'cause Save & Exit only did the exit part xD And I lost about 30 new enemies. Boo lol

Tasura
03-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Some items won't register in your "Item's Found" if you buy them, so that wasted a couple hundred gold trying to fill in some empty slots.

Flying Mullet
03-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Mullet, I have been reduced to 'bring me 0 tasty pies', and I don't know what's wrong ;.;
Apparently, when you deleted your old character, it didn't delete your old quest info and you used the same character name again and they got tied together. I'll see if I can reset any of it.

Huh, I noticed when I saved that the last item in my inventory (a crossblades) was moved to the front of the list (where there was an empty slot).
The placement of the items in your inventory won't necessarily be in the same order as when you last played. It's all based on the order that the items are returned from the database query when your character is loaded.

Wait, what's the benefit of reincarnating a character? I just reincarnated my character so I could get the level 2 spells, and all my enemy/items/spells found information was lost. :(

Does that mean I have to do it ALL over again to be able to talk to spuuky?

EDIT: Nevermind, I did it again and it worked for some reason. A few enemies were lost (such as Dark Baloki), but the rest carried over.

EDIT2: Though a bunch of the items and all but two of the spells did not carry over. =o
Looks like I'll have to play around with the reincarnation some more as well to see if I can recreate some of this.

I got my character really leveled up in the past hour, like strength was 202 and magic was at least 190, agility 195, and life 130 something. I had the Heroic Chalace, the necklace for getting to 30% kill rate...The Murasame...I saved and clicked the save a lot, because I had read that some people's things weren't saving. I trusted it after 20 some saves in a row, and logged out...Back in...And OH HEY nothing's above 100!...Smurf.

Edit: Wait, Aka. When you log in and see your char its just base stats. Those massive stats are probably from equipment boosts. Whenever you get back actually start up the character and see if your stats are back o.o
Did this work for you Aka? Or was some of your progress lost?

And I can't exchange the Rye. Might have been brought up but I don't feel like readin the whole thread :}
What do you mean by you can't exchange it? It doesn't show the button, the button shows but doesn't take the Rye, etc...

I dun has a cameo. :(
Sorry about that, I had a quiz-master event planned like you had mentioned, but it never made it into the game(as I haven't implemented the events in the beta release). I'm reverting you back to the shop keeper in the strength town (red town) for now.

That happened to me quite a bit towards the end. Something in the memory I think. If I opened my inventory and closed it, then you'd see the place properly again and be able to exit again and hope it actually let you out that time. Similar problems entering dungeons. It'd look like I was still outside, but I was actually in a cave or something. Popping open inventory fixed that too

Ditto, I almost crapped myself when I found that I was walking on water.
BoB and a few others have hit this as well. I'll be making a few changes to how the world map spawns to try and correct this.

Phooey. I just lost 100 strength (among other not so important things) 'cause Save & Exit only did the exit part xD And I lost about 30 new enemies. Boo lol
Yeah, the saving seems to have a very bad glitch that I missed in testing somewhere. I'm looking into it.

Some items won't register in your "Item's Found" if you buy them, so that wasted a couple hundred gold trying to fill in some empty slots.
Very odd. I'll check that out as well.

[edit- I took him a tasty pies and he exchanged me for zero tasty pies and I still have it. logical, but weird.]

[SMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURF! the same thing is happening with the doc france!]

Also the item save glitch seems to be whatever item is in the fourth place overwrites the item in first place. I'm really glad I didn't find a doc france (which I still need 0 of) and have it be in the first place (although the crossblade i had been saving is gone :( the second one I've lost that way!)
I think the variable that handles the max inventory is getting messed up somehow. I'll look into it.

Dark Dr Unne has no picture apparently :o

Last Oath and Dr Unne also do not have pictures.
They didn't have any avatars specified so I used a blank, 1x1 transparent pixel image for their pictures.

CimminyCricket
03-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Damn you, Monkey Man, I was up all night playing your game.

rubah
03-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Apparently, when you deleted your old character, it didn't delete your old quest info and you used the same character name again and they got tied together. I'll see if I can reset any of it.
I didn't have any old quest info on the old character :p I deleted it before I was able to even kill enemies with it.

Vyk
03-14-2008, 04:37 PM
I meant the button was there but clicking it didn't do anything. Kinda like if you only have 1 Doc France he won't take just the one and wait. Tastey Pies I could turn in one at a time. I dunno. Exiting and re-loading fixed the Rye thing. And the current save I have now, when I load my stats drop by about 50. Yet if I go to my inventory they jump back up and they're fine after that. So maybe I was wrong about the save. I didn't investigate it back when it happened lol

Akaria
03-14-2008, 09:38 PM

Did this work for you Aka? Or was some of your progress lost?
Nope, the progress was lost. It's alright though, I made up for it completely with a few hours work and surpassed it to about double the stats I'd had previously:p Bummer that the save is fickle like that though...

Quindiana Jones
03-14-2008, 10:37 PM
I got the Rye thing on my second character. I found the cheeky lass, went to the person, but she totally ignored me. I figured "Hey, maybe it's just a weird little thing" and saved and logged out.

BAM! Rye be gone and Quin be sad. :(

You can tell this game rawks by the fact that even with all these bastarding glitches, I still keep playing it.

leader of mortals
03-14-2008, 10:51 PM
I AM USING MY DARK AVATAR!!! SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

Vyk
03-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah Akaria and I kept each other up all night playing the damn thing x_x; and I clocked in a good 5 hours before that. Wtf.. then, sadly, I put in a few hours more this morning >_>; Good ol' old-school fun :}