PDA

View Full Version : Really Dumb Thread Idea

Evastio
03-11-2008, 01:01 AM
I was wondering, are there any EoFFers that you've wanted to befriend/become better acquainted with that you haven't been able to talk to much for whatever reason?

Bahamut2000X
03-11-2008, 01:36 AM
There are some but I think I basically <s>stalked</s> bugged them all to death in the summer of 2003.

Captain Maxx Power
03-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Asbolutely loads, but I really don't know how to approach people with PM's that are all like "Yeah you're really cool can I has your contact details"?

Incidentally I'm always up for talking to new people over IM. Dare you converse with the Cap'n?!?!?!?!? :cool:

Yamaneko
03-11-2008, 01:42 AM
I haven't thought about it. Perhaps.

LunarWeaver
03-11-2008, 01:43 AM
There lots of people I think I could get along with swimmingly, but I would never really go for it. For one, I don't like messengers, and the friendship would ultimately go nowhere. Then there's the fact I'm actually super shy. I wig out talking to people I've never talked to before. I do my best to hide it, but usually I'm unsuccessful. It sounds bizarre because I post on a forum, but it did take me a long time before I even did that. :jess:

Besides, then I'd just bug Roto saying "So-and-so hates me! He/she regrets ever talking to me!" and he has to shake me and be like "Stfu and quit being paranoid you fucking psycho."

Larahl
03-11-2008, 01:48 AM
Oh, lots of people.
I just don't how to start a conversation without feeling like a complete fool.

Madame Adequate
03-11-2008, 02:01 AM
No, I pretty much hate you all. :cool:

Rye
03-11-2008, 02:02 AM
I want to become closer friends with Lamonda and Aicha, I only speak to them on EoFF/LJ!

Sarc the Swordsman
03-11-2008, 02:25 AM
I'd be happy to befriend anyone here. I know no one. >_> xD

Jessweeee♪
03-11-2008, 02:26 AM
I love you all and wish I could get to know you better :kaoclove:

Momiji
03-11-2008, 02:32 AM
I want to become closer friends with Lamonda and Aicha, I only speak to them on EoFF/LJ!

NO. AICHA is MINE. :cry:

For me, I'd like to get to know some people who don't have MSN here (and you know who you are. Well...you better know. *coughshlupcough*)

Sarc the Swordsman
03-11-2008, 02:52 AM
I couldn't cope without MSN. Hm...if anyone wants to get to know me better, feel free to add me on MSN!

drew_james_89@hotmail.com

Anno Domini
03-11-2008, 02:57 AM
there are ........two?..............maybe three. 4 MAX.

Evastio
03-11-2008, 02:57 AM
It'd be nice if I could get to know Selena_Akariko and Rye better.

NeoTifa
03-11-2008, 03:28 AM
um, i just come out and pm them. they usually stop talking to me after a few messages though :p

some examples at fruitless attempts at friendship include:
v,tg
ttr
mkusinagi (i still talk to her occasionally on myspace)
jojee
chaos is the key
aeriths knight (he suddenly logged out 3 hours ago and didn't log back on ;_; i think he hates me....)

lol feel free to say anything to me. i dont care if it sounds dumb. im lonely....

:p

Momiji
03-11-2008, 03:46 AM
um, i just come out and pm them. they usually stop talking to me after a few messages though :p

v,tg
ttr
jojee
chaos is the key
aeriths knight (he suddenly logged out 3 hours ago and didn't log back on ;_; i think he hates me....)

lol feel free to say anything to me. i dont care if it sounds dumb. im lonely....

Especially fruitless, as VTG has been banned for about a month though.

NeoTifa
03-11-2008, 04:05 AM
im talking about before he got banned. he tried to get me to join his little revolution thing, and i said no, and that was the end of that lol. i actually got a pm in response to this thread :p lol

Roto13
03-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Besides, then I'd just bug Roto saying "So-and-so hates me! He/she regrets ever talking to me!" and he has to shake me and be like "Stfu and quit being paranoid you smurfing psycho."

You're going to make ME regret ever talking to you. :mad2:

Though I do enjoy gossiping about everyone like the queeny fags we are.

Vyk
03-11-2008, 06:44 AM
Hahaha there's a lot of awesome people here. There's quite a few I'd like to get to know better

Dolentrean
03-11-2008, 06:53 AM
There are a few people here that seem smart, cynical, and share my since of humor... Sometimes I will send someone a user note, and talk to them that way but I don’t ever contact people via PM or message them, but hey if anyone wants to talk to me I will give you a shot, I'm not always the warmest guy to talk to.

NeoCracker
03-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Well, theres always Bahamut 2K and Shads, but shads lives in England and who knows about the other dude.

I would say Jojee and Wolf Kanno, except I might actually be meeting them both within a couple months, so it's all gravy there.

Big D
03-11-2008, 08:29 AM
A whole bunch of people from here added me to their MSN lists (back when I had that screenname iny my profile) but then never messaged me once. Kinda weird:p

NeoCracker
03-11-2008, 08:31 AM
You know, Big D might be fun to sit down and have a chat with once in a while as well.

Accept for the whole him being old part. :p

Rantz
03-11-2008, 08:36 AM
A whole bunch of people from here added me to their MSN lists (back when I had that screenname iny my profile) but then never messaged me once. Kinda weird:p

Yeah, that's happened to me too. :) I never add people unless I have something in particular to talk to them about, so if you want me, you have to come get me.

Ouch!
03-11-2008, 08:46 AM
We used to talk all the time, then you disappeared off the face of the earth!

I've been talking to a lot more people from EoFF over IMs lately. I'm always up for a good conversation.

Vyk
03-11-2008, 09:12 AM
You know, Big D might be fun to sit down and have a chat with once in a while as well.

Accept for the whole him being old part. :p

Hey I resemble that remark. Old people can be fun too

Blue Harvest
03-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Incidentally I'm always up for talking to new people over IM. Dare you converse with the Cap'n?!?!?!?!? :cool:

I would take that challenge my friend, except your IMs aren't in your profile :tongue:

As fer me, mine are in my profile. I don't mind if anyone adds me :D

Balzac
03-11-2008, 01:42 PM
I know a few people on here intimately, as in Agrias, Skt, Bert and Caraliz. But unless you frequent irc, then chances are I'll probably never get to know you. :o

Roto13
03-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Agrias was at my wedding. Reception. :P

Captain Maxx Power
03-11-2008, 02:18 PM
I would take that challenge my friend, except your IMs aren't in your profile :tongue:

You'll have to ask for them. I never allow my IM's on public message boards for any reasons

Peegee
03-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I have now requested CMP's IM. A winner is me?

I've been a member of this forum for so long that if I had not met any of you IRL I would feel very odd indeed. Thankfully my list is so long that I often forget who I've met. Meh.

As for going from friendship to something more, that's more of a case-by-case basis. It's often a 'no' though, but only bc a lot of you are truly too young for me.

Aerith's Knight
03-11-2008, 03:06 PM
hmmm.. good question..

im already pretty tight with most ppl.. or i annoy the heck out of them.. which is also fun :)

evastio seems kewl, psy and all those knights seem like a closed off group xD so i wont even try that..

I know smitten well enough, but BoB not so much.. hmmm...

maybe the Jessica army ^__^

Blue Harvest
03-11-2008, 03:24 PM
AK needs to put his msn in his profile so I can annoy him more :p

Roogle
03-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Currently, I want to talk to Captain Maxx Power.

Blue Harvest
03-11-2008, 04:12 PM
I got his msn :D

Avarice-ness
03-11-2008, 04:33 PM
I dunno, if people add me I just wanna know who they are. Half the time people add me and don't say who they are and then I just block them.
I have my msn and AIM info in my profile, but I keep my AIM private so to get the person unblocked they have to tell me when they add me or they''ll never see me online

41-Inches-Wide
03-11-2008, 05:03 PM
My Sent Messages are higher than my Inbox Messages. The big disparity only means I have a sexual fetish for sending PMs to inactive members.

Aerith's Knight
03-11-2008, 06:37 PM

you mean Captain maxx power, right?

because id hate to have to kill you. or do I? :shifty:

it would certainly be easier then changing my email adress :D

Vikeve
03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
I remember I wanted to be friends with Vinnie thunder god and then as soon as I got a pm from him he was banned.:(

Araciel
03-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Pretty much everyone in this thread, but most of them don't use MSN or are never online. ::sad face::

Rianoa
03-11-2008, 10:58 PM
I just add people and bug them lol
and then become good buds with them :D

Evastio
03-11-2008, 11:56 PM
...this didn't work as well as I thought it would. :(

Basically way back then I remember Miriel posting this in one of my threads. I was thinking that I'd be able to do the same thing as the person Miriel was talking about, but I guess it didn't work out that way. :(

I remember a loong time ago someone (Red Wizard maybe? Rainecloud?) did this get to know your fellow EoFF thing where people posted who they've been wanting to talk to and something something something (I don't remember the specifics) and people ended up with new friends. It was a pretty nifty way to get people to talk to each other without having it too out of the blue and random.
...sorry :(

I guess it was the way I worded the thread topic.

Jojee
03-12-2008, 12:05 AM

v,tg
ttr
jojee
chaos is the key

Hey that wasn't fruitless! :p :heart:

Well, theres always Bahamut 2K and Shads, but shads lives in England and who knows about the other dude.

I would say Jojee and Wolf Kanno, except I might actually be meeting them both within a couple months, so it's all gravy there. lol you were serious about that? K get your arse over to Wisconsin.

There's a lot of people that I'd like to get to know better, but never get around to. ^_^ Plus, I'm terrible with talking on IMs. People who message me on MSN know... xD I almost never message other people, and when I am talking with someone, I'll like zone out for a few hours and go somewhere else and not respond, oops. It's not cos' I don't like you though, I'm just bad with responding :p

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 12:13 AM
What? You think I wasn't serious? Shows how much you know. :p

Evastio
03-12-2008, 12:20 AM
It's not that. I know you guys are serious, but the people that are being mentioned in this thread in your posts aren't really starting up PM conversations with you or anything which was what happened in that thread Miriel was talking about. I was hoping to make a thread just like that with EoFFers becoming friends with people they want to befriend but it didn't turn out that way. :(

Montoya
03-12-2008, 03:31 AM
I want to know the people that live near me so I could stalk them, non-stop.

Bahamut2000X
03-12-2008, 03:34 AM
It's not that. I know you guys are serious, but the people that are being mentioned in this thread in your posts aren't really starting up PM conversations with you or anything which was what happened in that thread Miriel was talking about. I was hoping to make a thread just like that with EoFFers becoming friends with people they want to befriend but it didn't turn out that way. :(

Oh I wouldn't worry too much about it Evastio. After Red Wizards glorious threads that worked out I tried it once and didn't get in the way of results afterwards either. I think the best that came of it was me and Lev talking a bit at one point.

I like to live mysteriously. :choc2:

Ace14
03-12-2008, 03:45 AM
I don't talk to nearly enough people on here, whenever I try to make a new friend I usually just freak out and don't know what to say. :( Well if anyone does want to talk my messaging info is on my profile...oh but don't add my yahoo, I deleted that on accident. :)

Bahamut2000X
03-12-2008, 03:52 AM
Well in the spirit of the original intent of this thread I'll IM some random person, and for those interested can IM me or whatnot and strike up a conversation.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-12-2008, 04:19 AM
...this didn't work as well as I thought it would. :(

Basically way back then I remember Miriel posting this in one of my threads. I was thinking that I'd be able to do the same thing as the person Miriel was talking about, but I guess it didn't work out that way. :(

I remember a loong time ago someone (Red Wizard maybe? Rainecloud?) did this get to know your fellow EoFF thing where people posted who they've been wanting to talk to and something something something (I don't remember the specifics) and people ended up with new friends. It was a pretty nifty way to get people to talk to each other without having it too out of the blue and random.
...sorry :(

I guess it was the way I worded the thread topic.

Hmmm...I vaguely remember something like this, unless my memory is deceiving me.

As for the topic at hand, there are a few EoFFers that I would not mind getting to know better but I am not an outgoing person in that regard. I kinda stick to talking to the same people. Which really means I usually only talk to one person on a semi-regular basis and then randomly IMs others when I want someone to talk to. Though it is nice meeting new people.

Vyk
03-12-2008, 04:34 AM
I'm sure the effort was appreciated. I always keep my contact info available. I've reached out and bugged a few people. Rarely does a real friendship build off of it. But a few rare gems work out. Which was the whole reason I came back (again). And got what I wanted this time haha. But yeah. I don't mind random IMs from bored people. I'm usually bored and random myself. Also I have a good ear/shoulder, very understanding, patient, whatnot. But yeah. Kudos on the attempt Eva

Aerith's Knight
03-12-2008, 06:08 AM
i know half the people here not as much as i'd like.. and half of them more then they deserve.

I Had Sex With Your Mom
03-12-2008, 06:15 AM
I haven't been here a whole day and I seriously doubt I'd enjoy meeting any of you.

Momiji
03-12-2008, 06:17 AM
I haven't been here a whole day and I seriously doubt I'd enjoy meeting any of you.

So uh..get the hell out of here?

I Had Sex With Your Mom
03-12-2008, 06:23 AM

What a warm welcoming. Your advise has been considered.

Momiji
03-12-2008, 06:25 AM

What a warm welcoming. Your advise has been considered.

You expect a warm welcome after calling anyone who posts in your usernotes retarded, and then saying you wouldn't want to meet any of us?

Aerith's Knight
03-12-2008, 06:26 AM

I'd enjoy it very much..

*hides bat behind back*

Akaria
03-12-2008, 07:10 AM
He got banned pretty quick:ty: But I assume it was just someone wanting to see how quickly he (they?) could accomplish that.

In any case, I've gotten to know Vyk, Ouch!, AK, Araciel, TTR, Dolentrean, LoM, and a couple others this time around...A few summers ago I really talked to RCABronx and GSpotz. I'm always up for meeting new people though:p Give an IM or user note if ever you get bored!:love:

...Please?:(

Bahamut2000X
03-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Well in the original get to know and EoFF member nonsense Red Wizard made ages ago he had us report on who we talked to. As for me I sent an IM to Ace14 and we've had many a long conversation this night, and still going.

Hmmm maybe I should bug my old mafia team mates after this. :p

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 07:19 AM

That wasn't to you, that was to jojee. QUIT MAKING THIS ABOUT YOU!
:kaofight:

Agrias
03-12-2008, 09:36 AM
I WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU ALL!!
and rape you in your sleep :monster:

Vyk
03-12-2008, 10:53 AM
and rape you in your sleep :monster:

I'll send you my address pronto~ :}

Jess
03-12-2008, 01:33 PM
There are a fair few people that I'd like to get to know better, but I never know what to say to people the first time I speak to them because I'm shy around new people. :jess:

smittenkitten
03-12-2008, 02:32 PM
The day I joined someone (who I shall not name) pm'd me right away sayign he wants to know me. It happens from time to time. :p As for me I would like get to know better the staff of eoff, also Jess and Rye~ ^__^

scrumpleberry
03-12-2008, 07:03 PM
I'd love to know a couple of people better, but I doubt they'd really enjoy having a chat with me.

Psy pmmed me once out of the blue. It was fabby.

THANKS A BUNCH :cookie:

Araciel
03-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I don't get nearly enough PM action.

Bahamut2000X
03-12-2008, 07:12 PM
You know the number one on my list to get to know is Kishi. Sadly I think that will always be a distant dream. :(

Blue Harvest
03-13-2008, 01:10 PM

you mean Captain maxx power, right?

because id hate to have to kill you. or do I? :shifty:

it would certainly be easier then changing my email adress :D

WHY DON'T YOU ACKNOWLEDGE MY LOVE FOR YOU!? *cries*

and rape you in your sleep

Can't rape the willing :monster: