PDA

View Full Version : Cid=Bad? Whoo, i like it!

Anno Domini
03-11-2008, 03:13 AM
As we all know, Cid is a common character in the FF's. for the most part, he is the lovaable grease monkey who can get the job done. But then in FFXII he IS A BADDIE!!!!!!!! i rather enjoyed it too! What did you think of Cid;s latest role?

[this is, of course, excluding Al-Cid. he just suks at life. :mad2: ]

Bahamut2000X
03-11-2008, 03:39 AM
Al-Cid doesn't count as a Cid because well...he didn't do a whole lot in the game. He showed up twice and that was about it. Granted he was a cool character....but they did nothing with him.

As for Dr. Cidofolas he was a rather entertaining character and one of my favorite Cid's hand down. Although much like Al-Cid he hardly was in the game enough. However I thought the voice actor for Dr. Cid was quite excellent. On top of that he had some of the greatest lines I've heard in spoken dialog. On top of all this his boss fights were quite fun, interesting and were challenge for a change, I lost at least 4 or 5 times on him the last time. Overall a very enjoyable character.

Spuuky
03-11-2008, 04:36 AM
I am an al-Cid fan, of course. The doctor is cute and all, but he's no 15-year-old Girl's Man like his counterpart.

Captain Maxx Power
03-11-2008, 11:39 AM
The bad Cid is in FF12, which intrinsically makes him rubbish due to being part of a bigger rubbish tip.

Clawsze
03-11-2008, 01:08 PM
This makes me wonder how Cid will be in FFXIII...
But the bad Cid is still typical of Cids, a technological/mechanical obsessed, crazy guy. But I am glad they left out the other standing trait of Cids....a strong sense of justice. This Cid wanted nothing more than to further his research on the nethicite and the power of such things so he was on no ones side and believed in nothing, except his own desire...although, this may be due to Venat's influence.

Roogle
03-11-2008, 03:43 PM
I am an al-Cid fan, of course. The doctor is cute and all, but he's no 15-year-old Girl's Man like his counterpart.

Am I the only one that was a little confused by the appearance of Al-Cid? He played a very small role in the chain of events during the game. He could have been left out or joined the party as a Guest.

Clawsze
03-11-2008, 04:05 PM

Am I the only one that was a little confused by the appearance of Al-Cid? He played a very small role in the chain of events during the game. He could have been left out or joined the party as a Guest.

I believe he was just the writers inclusion to further their obvious message that someone will always want peace, no matter what side they're on. Plus it would explain why Larsa knew what Rozzaria was going to do.

Roogle
03-11-2008, 04:44 PM
I suppose that makes sense. I wonder if the developers of the game had wanted him to have a larger role in the game while the game was in development. Does anyone know about it?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Considering the big bosses at Square Enix forced Matsuno's team to recast the original main character, Basch, in a supporting role, it's certainly not out of the question that they weren't able to do everything they wanted with Al-Cid.

Roogle
03-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I did a little bit of research on the subject. I can only find minor details about the character that were dropped: the Final Fantasy Wiki article for Al-Cid (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Al-Cid_Margrace) states that he may have had up to four maids during the development of the game rather than the one maid that we see in the actual game. This is speculated by a concept artwork in the credits (http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/6/61/Al-Cid_%28artwork%29.jpg) by Akihiko Yoshida (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Akihiko_Yoshida). Ooh, revealing.

Clawsze
03-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Well, having him fighting with Bergan during the scenes/battles where the Gran Kiltias is killed may suggest that thye have planned him to become a guest after Larsa leaves, and accompany the party to the Stilshrine.

Elpizo
03-11-2008, 05:40 PM
If you're not pleased with Al-Cid's involvement in XII, you can always recruit him in FFTA2 and have him kick some behinds and protect your female party members. Hmm, yeah, sounds like Al-Cid alright.

Of course, Al-Cid is nothing compared to Draklor's very own Doctor Cid. ^^ Cid in XII was awesome, best Cid in the entire series. The battles with him were fantastic and his speech on the top of Pharos Lighthouse, just briliant! I loved the move to make Cid an antagonist. It was one of the many refreshing things XII did.

Bolivar
03-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Dr. Cid was a little more complex than other incarnations, it was refreshing to have him take the role of an antagonist for a change. His lines were great, but i need subtitles for when he starts doing stuff to the suncryst, it's like "what the hell is he saying???".

Something tells me that the next Cid will be apart of Lightening's resistance, either the weapons/tech expert for them or for the group that subjugates the world (or whatever). I think in versus he'll probably be a royal advisor or something to the prince's parents. I don't really see nomura/kitase/nojima breaking their tradition of having him as a good guy.

Anno Domini
03-15-2008, 03:30 AM
they did it once and most of us love it, they sould do it again! god, i hope he wants to kill humanity again! ><