PDA

View Full Version : The Official Thread of ..... w/e

NeoTifa
03-11-2008, 04:18 AM
so i wanna know what concerts you've seen, want to see, and what combo bands would you create for total awesome concert of lifetime.

me, ive seen:
union underground
seether x3
chevelle x2
hawthorne heights
aiden
afi
30 seconds to mars
3 days grace x2
rise against
from autumn to ashes
flyleaf
sick puppies

and some other various bands. my brains shut off though. i wanted to go to toc and see atryu ;_; but i was broke.

Breine
03-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Other than actual shows/concerts I've been to lots of festivals where you see at least 20 concerts each time, so I've seen a lot of bands/artists. Can't really bother to write them all down.

But, bands/artists I'm currently looking forward to seeing live this summer at the Roskilde Festival include:

- Choir of Young Believers
- Neil Young
- Band of Horses
- Efterklang
- Teitur
- Bonnie "Prince" Billy
etc.

Loony BoB
03-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Have seen Bryan Adams, Simple Minds and Def Leppard. Def Leppard was freaking awesome. I mean, it wasn't a huge concert obviously as they're no longer in their prime, but the atmosphere was huge, the volume of the crowd immense and once you come down to it, Def Leppard's songs are just made to be sung live.

EDIT: I also sort-of saw Franz Ferdinand, as they were doing soundtests and the like in Princes Street Fardens (basically a park that stretches along one side of the main street of Edinburgh) while I was on my way home. They did a few complete songs and were yakking with whoever happened to be around.

Balzac
03-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I've seen:

Bryan Adams
Nerina Pallot
Live
Vega4
Bon Jovi
Helmet
Limp Bizkit
Korn
Machine Head
Misery Loves Co.
Entombed
Megadeth
Kill II This
Foo Fighters
Prodigy
Bowling For Soup
Farce
The Misfits (Can't beat 150 songs in a set :D)

And many others that slip my mind.

blim
03-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Seen: Motorhead X2, Slayer, Metallica X2, Megadeth X2, Levellers, Black Sabbath, Anthrax, Pantera, Sepultura, Rolling SDtones, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Roy Harper X2, Henry Rollins, Napalm Death, Kings of Leon, Discharge, UK Subs, Exploited, John Otway, Wild Willy Barret, Therapy, Trivium, Locusts, Eric Bibb, John Williams, John Etheridge, Black Crowes, Biohazard, Extreme (although i didnae choiose to and spent the whole time throwing piss at them), Pride and Glory (Zakk Wylde), Aerosmith and many others including regular visits to the Proms

Want to See: Gogol Bordello, Tom Waits, Gong and many many more

Missed last week cos i was ill: Hayseed Dixie :(

tailz
03-11-2008, 10:06 PM
volbeat 2x
metallica
heideroosjes
epica 2x
delain
racoon
ranetki girls 2x
damstardeep
dragonforce
heaven and hell
bullet for my valentine
trivium
avenged sevenfold
simon and garfunkel
the everly brothers
wolfmother
toto
steve vai
aerosmith
thin lizzy
the scorpions

i'm sure im forgetting some........

oh btw going to see nightwish the 21th does that count??

Araciel
03-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Well let's see...

bad religion
blink 182
slayer
marilyn manson
bto
simple plan
sum 41
george thoroughgood
barenaked ladies
our lady peace
a perfect circle
tool
three day's grace
david wilcox
spirit of the west
bob dylan

Boney King
03-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Thrice (x2)
From Autumn To Ashes
Protest The Hero
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Poison The Well (x2)
Genghis Tron
The Bled
Underoath
The Chariot
Norma Jean
Fear Before The March Of Flames (x2)
Russian Circles
Misery Signals
Between The Buried And Me
Placebo
Evaline
HORSE The Band
The Number Twelve Looks Like You

Those are the more important ones.

Necronopticous
03-12-2008, 07:03 AM
I've seen too many shows to possibly list, but the best show I ever attended was <A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFYXZqnBF60">Devendra Banhart at the Orpheum</A> last year. Unlike anything I've ever experienced.

Bakamut
03-12-2008, 01:16 PM
I've seen too many shows and bands to list, although I would hardly call them "concerts". I just see punk bands at pubs and stuff on some weekends. I think the only big arena concert I've been to was Slayer, but I was unsuccessful at getting in (I didn't have the money and tried to sneak in). Anyway I gave up, but the two friends I was with ended up getting in to see the last half of Slayer! Lucky bastards.

Breine
03-13-2008, 07:06 PM
I've seen too many shows to possibly list, but the best show I ever attended was <A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFYXZqnBF60">Devendra Banhart at the Orpheum</A> last year. Unlike anything I've ever experienced.

I'm so envious!

Montoya
03-19-2008, 07:33 AM
I've seen:

Mudvayne
Korn
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
And some other bands I didn't really care for.

But I'm seeing Nile down in LA on Thursday. :hyper:

Jings
03-19-2008, 01:53 PM
I've seen too many bands live to type them all up here. I saw James Brown live a couple of years ago though and, although I'm not a fan of his music, it's kinda cool to have seen a legend like him perform.

Shattered Dreamer
03-20-2008, 12:57 AM
I've seen:

30 Seconds To Mars
Foo Fighters
RHCP
QOTSA
Feeder
Brant Bjork & The Bros

thats all I care to mention

Madame Adequate
03-20-2008, 01:27 AM
I've seen about half of a concert and I'm never, ever going to a show ever again because they are the worst thing ever, bar none.

Dynast-Kid
03-20-2008, 01:27 AM
I saw Destiny's Child during their final tour, if that counts...:bigsmile:

XxSephirothxX
03-21-2008, 12:50 AM
I haven't been to a lot of shows, but by far the best one I've seen was a local Athens band named Cinemechanica (http://www.cinemechanica.com/) play Mega Man II with musical accompaniment. I've also seen them perform as Contraband and Ninja Gaiden Band, but Mega Man II took the cake.

rubah
03-21-2008, 02:55 AM
I haven't seen too many xD

Mercy Me
Three Doors Down
12 Stones (they opened for 3dd xD)
Chosen Few

There was a Foo Fighters concert at my college a couple of weeks ago :] I didn't go :]]]]]]

aquatius
03-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Never been to a concert, never want to go.

Markus. D
03-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Hillsong
Planetshakers
Parkway Drive
=Missed out on Soundwave (MSI, :[... I SO hated myself for losing that bloody ticket xD)=
Going to see Avenged, Bullet for my Valentine and Atreyu in May ^_^