Avarice-ness
05-20-2008, 02:10 AM
Oh, you're so getting added now. :love:

And you're so going down!

And not in the good way. The bad painful way.... that's... not good. :D

I have calluses forming on my fingers from the Wii mote. ; ;

Zeromus_X
05-20-2008, 02:21 AM
Finally obtained a Wii, can't wait to play you guys. Friend Code is 2492-5015-7910.

NeoCracker
05-20-2008, 02:25 AM
YAY! Now both your butts are added.

Zeromus_X
05-20-2008, 03:02 AM
Those were some awesome matches, NeoCracker. :) You played lots of heavy characters I'm not used to fighting against. :p

NeoCracker
05-20-2008, 03:05 AM
I said before, I'm surprisingly good with Bowser. :p

Of course this time around he doesn't suck.

Edit: And the heavy characters are probably to make me feel big, as in real life I'm underweight. :p

And yes, they were fun.

qwertysaur
05-20-2008, 03:08 AM
I finally got the chance to add everyone. Hope to play you guys soon. :p

NeoCracker
05-20-2008, 03:11 AM
I'll probably be back on soon enough. Just need to give the fingers a rest and the tummy a fill. :p

Avarice-ness
05-20-2008, 03:34 AM
I'll add everyone when my husband stops playing his sonic game and then I have to watch the House season finale, and -THEN- I might get some SSBB time.

I'll prolly be playing -all- day Thursday and Friday. If I'm not on SSBB I'm on Mario Kart. :D

And wtf Cracker, I hate heavy characters, I don't have the patience to press a button and then have the attack take more than .5 seconds to actually move. e e;

Does Gannondorf count as heavy? I want to get him unlocked because I was playing online brawl and yeah.. who ever that dude was, was doing some serious ownage.

Shoeberto
05-20-2008, 03:40 AM
Ganondorf is definitely a heavy. He's like a slower version of Falcon. But he's so freaking beefy it makes up for it.

NeoCracker
05-20-2008, 04:02 AM
Ganon is definately a heavier dude.

He was my best in Melee. I'm not as good with him now, but I still got some skill.

Avarice-ness
05-20-2008, 05:23 AM
Maybe I'll force myself to like Ganon or something...

Either way, I added all the SSBB friend codes that my attention span could handle. *skips off to kill things*

.:kerrod:.
05-20-2008, 06:44 AM
NeoCracker: underweight ftw! :p, but i still like fast characters...although i AM looking forward to using Dedede, and Bowser, now that he's good...and Ganondorf too...and Donkey Kong :p are there any i missed?

NeoCracker
05-20-2008, 03:58 PM
NeoCracker: underweight ftw! :p, but i still like fast characters...although i AM looking forward to using Dedede, and Bowser, now that he's good...and Ganondorf too...and Donkey Kong :p are there any i missed?

Ike is pretty heavy. Though I'm not sure HOW heavy compared to the other big guys.

Though Metaknight is very fun, so Underweight characters so rule. :p

Shoeberto
05-20-2008, 05:06 PM
I'd say Ike is almost as heavy as Ganondorf, from my experience playing as him.

NeoCracker
05-20-2008, 06:05 PM
A bit lighter then him, but I say that sounds about right.

Masamunemaster
05-20-2008, 07:03 PM
I think he fits right between because he was the first person I used and he was fast for his size(I kept up with metaknight)

ljkkjlcm9
05-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Ike is big and slow, but he also has some really fast moves that if you utilize well, he doesn't seem very slow. That's his biggest advantage over the other heavy characters

THE JACKEL

Monol
05-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Plus he fights for his friends :D

Roto13
05-20-2008, 11:53 PM
And you'll get no sympathy from him either.

NeoCracker
05-21-2008, 12:55 AM
You know, I just noticed Peach has a really nice Rack.

05-21-2008, 05:17 AM
You know, I just noticed Peach has a really nice Rack.

O.O

you're one of those weirdos we all try to AVOID on the internet :p and no, i will not give you my name, age, telephone number and address...

NeoCracker
05-21-2008, 06:01 AM
What? She has a nice chest.

I can't be the only one whose noticed.

(And I bet you all thought I was talking about the tennis racket. :rolleyes2)

05-21-2008, 07:08 AM
haha, OH EWE AH SEW FUNNEH! that would be 'tennis racquet', my friend (even though both spellings are acceptable, i prefer the traditional one :)) :p and i can't say i've ever noticed :tongue: besides, i like tough women like Samus much better ;) :bigsmile:

EDIT: and on that topic, can somebody here tell me what Samus is like in this game? i've heard she's pretty sh*t, which would be VERY disappointing, and i hope they didn't weaken/slow/destroy her too much to compensate for Zamus...i just wanted to ask a REAL person about it, rather than hearing about it from randoms...

NeoCracker
05-21-2008, 08:45 AM
She seems basically the same to me. Of course I've never played Samus much in Melee, so I'm not the best judge.

Zero Suite moves very fast though. Can't recall much else as i haven't used her much in this version either. Though if you enjoyed Samus in Melee, you'll probably find her just as fun in Brawl.

PS: If you haven't done so, check out Peaches boobs and you'll see what I mean.

This will likely be my last comment on this matter. :p

05-21-2008, 08:53 AM
ugh, ok, they WOULD be nice, were they on a real person :p ok?! HAPPY NOW?!

thanks NeoCracker, but as you said, you haven't played as her much :) so does anybody else want to comment on the Samus/Zamus matter? perhaps somebody who's used her a fair bit in both games?

EDIT: and another thing, why does Zamus' gun suck so much? apparently her whip is uber powerful :rolleyes2 but her gun fires like, 2 metres and doesn't even do that much :p so WHY is she considered so strong and high-tiered, WHY was Samus (apparently) nerfed because of her? :( and WHY didn't they put dark samus or ridley as playable characters? :tongue:

dark samus had so much potential...she could be a semi-clone of samus, but with Phazon rage-mode as her final smash and a freeze rocket as her 'charge shot' (neutral b) which temporarily froze the opponent depending on how long you charged it (like Lucas' PK Freeze)...that would be cool :p...and MAYBE for recovery she could have like, feet rocket things like on Corruption instead of screw attack :p

Shoeberto
05-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Her gun sucking is probably just in reference to Metroid Zero Mission when she temporarily loses her armor and her gun sucks.

I haven't played much as Zero Suit Samus, but from what I've seen, she just plays a lot differently than other characters. I'm sure if you got used to her specific play style it wouldn't be too bad to play as her.

Ichimonji
05-21-2008, 10:41 PM
My Brawl code is: 0430-9108-8294

qwertysaur
05-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Her gun sucking is probably just in reference to Metroid Zero Mission when she temporarily loses her armor and her gun sucks.

I haven't played much as Zero Suit Samus, but from what I've seen, she just plays a lot differently than other characters. I'm sure if you got used to her specific play style it wouldn't be too bad to play as her.
Yeah, ZSS is completely different from other characters. The armor pieces do a lot of damage and have great knockback, so be sure to throw them after transforming. The third jump is actually her down special, while her up special can be used as a tether. You can also use her up special multiple times in a jump. Using it twice in midair will cause all opponents hit to be spiked down. With the side special, the end of the whip will first push the target, then send them flying a good distance, but if you miss, you will be open for an attack.

05-22-2008, 08:06 AM
she better be good, cos Samus is looking pretty crap at the moment :( and if they BOTH suck, then Nintendo can die in a fire...

Shoeberto
05-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Why do you think Samus looks like crap? She's still one of the most fun characters to play, in my opinion.

05-22-2008, 07:31 PM
well all of the reports i've heard say she has no strengths and many weaknesses, now that she's slow, weaker rockets, etc. and i know i'm really basing this off nothing, but i just want to make sure she's still able to hold her own

Zeromus_X
05-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Samus is awesome. I don't see much of a difference at all between how she was in Melee and now.

Zero Suit Samus is awesome to play as too; sure, some of her moves have a bit of a lag, but they are quite effective after all. You just have to aim well.

Monol
05-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Samus definatly got nerfed...But she has the most enjoyable new play style (next to pikachu) on the competitive scene.

Use Z in the air...her grappler *drools* so fun...use it, love it, destroy with it!

As long as you fight with the aerial grappler than shes the most fun veteran from melee by far :D

Yay samus!

05-23-2008, 11:10 AM
well it's good to finally hear GOOD reports about Samus :p man i'm sick of waiting for this game...i still play melee every chance i get, but it's still 33 friggin days 'til Brawl is released here :( poor form, nintendo, poor form...

while we're here, does somebody feel like explaining what wavedashing is? :tongue: i know they took it out of brawl, but i've never gotten a straight answer as to what it actually is in melee...

also, can toon link charge his up b like big link can?

Avarice-ness
05-23-2008, 10:51 PM
That's what we have Main Page - SmashWiki (http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) for!

Changes from Melee to Brawl

* Perfectly-timed side-B results in a Super Missile
* Super missiles do vertical knockback
* Screw Attack traps opponents (as in Super Smash Bros.)
* Bomb jumping is harder to do
* Less knockback on neutral aerial
* Down Tilt more powerful
* Bombs no longer explode on enemy contact
* Can't perform moves out of Morph Ball form after bomb jumping
* Slightly slower
* Homing Missiles home better

As for Pro's and Con's in SSBB:

Pros:

* Multiple useful projectiles. Her Charge Shot and Super Missiles are some of the most powerful projectiles in the game, and her Homing missiles are extremely useful.
* Can missile-cancel
* Down Aerial is a powerful spike
* Down Smash is quick and powerful
* Back Aerial still a good finisher, and Down Tilt is an even better one
* Forward, Neutral, and Up Aerials and Up Smash are quick and have high priority
* Bomb Jumping gives great horizontal recovery
* Tether Recovery option with Grapple Beam
* She is very heavy. Combined with great recovery options and lack of a huge target for her weight, Samus is one of the hardest characters to KO.
* Grab has incredible range
* Jab is quick, has a large hitbox, even hitting behind Samus, and clanks with most moves.
* Aerial tether has incredible range, decent stun, and no landing lag. (A technique known as Grapple Canceling or Grapple Boxing)
* Charge shot from a perfect shield block has guaranteed damage.
* Lots of combo options.
* If the situation requires it, the player can transform into Zero Suit Samus by using her up & down taunts.

[edit] Cons:

* Quick, high priority moves have low knockback and damage
* Grab is slow if it misses
* Somewhat sluggish
* Large Target
* Powerful moves are on the slow side, making it hard for Samus to score quick kills
* Slow rolling
* Can be juggled in the air due to being floaty
* A forced change in play style if Final Smash is used.
* Taunting to change into Zero Suit Samus is relatively hard to pull off correctly.

I do like Zero Suit Samus though. <3

NeoCracker
05-24-2008, 01:56 AM
AFter lag started slowing down, and we stopped killing ourselves, me and Jackal were having fairly good match.

Until we disconnected.

Which means our relatively good match was like, 10 seconds.

ljkkjlcm9
05-24-2008, 02:00 AM
AFter lag started slowing down, and we stopped killing ourselves, me and Jackal were having fairly good match.

Until we disconnected.

Which means our relatively good match was like, 10 seconds.

lol yeah, but I'm waiting for evastio to sign on, we're suppose to have our tournament match. At first I thought you were him lol

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
05-24-2008, 02:06 AM
Oh, right, the tournament. :p

Completely forgot about that.

ljkkjlcm9
05-24-2008, 02:10 AM
Oh, right, the tournament. :p

Completely forgot about that.

lol it's cool, evastio hasn't signed on yet... and I'm going to the movies soon. If he doesn't sign on, then idk. Maybe tomorrow before I go to work we can get our match in.

but the lag definitely killed me at the beginning of our match lol
and there were times where I pressed shield, and you hit me and I went flying, then he did an air dodge.... yay lag!

THE JACKEL

05-24-2008, 02:14 AM
GO EVASTIO! Nothing personal, JACKAL, because if he loses i'll be going for you instead :p...and Monol, his ivysaur skills are unusually high :shifty:

NeoCracker
05-24-2008, 02:18 AM
Lag was destroying us both. Odd, I can connect with most people fine, but my matches with you always seem to lag. :p

qwertysaur
05-24-2008, 02:22 AM
GO EVASTIO! Nothing personal, JACKAL, because if he loses i'll be going for you instead :p...and Monol, his ivysaur skills are unusually high :shifty:
So you're already rooting for my next opponent either way. :(

ljkkjlcm9
05-24-2008, 02:26 AM

I'll cheer for you qwerty! even if I'm fighting against you. If evastio and I can't set up a time to fight that works, which we seem to be having trouble with, I'll let him move on to the next round.

THE JACKEL

Shoeberto
05-24-2008, 02:30 AM
Actually, with the lack of other reporting people, you could both move on (or have your round extended) since I'll have to restructure the brackets anyhow.

05-24-2008, 03:10 AM

haha, awww, i can't win :p let's just say i'm an excited spectator who is rooting for everybody, shall we? as long as there's a good battle, i'm happy :)

ljkkjlcm9
05-24-2008, 08:30 PM
question, who is T-Rex?
I'm sorry but you people confuse me with your random names.
It's like when I played PSU. I'd know people's main character, and they'd come up to me on an alternate character and say hi, and I had no clue who they were. I had 4 characters on that game, every single one of them was named Jack</>el lol

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
05-24-2008, 08:52 PM
T-Rex is Evatio.

I think

Evastio
05-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Yep.

So I was wondering, how many challenges do you guys have left to do? If I told you how many I had left you probably wouldn't believe me at all.

Clouded Sky
05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
4210-3705-0446

I'm adding everyone's code who is listed in the first post.

Add me too, please!

Roto13
05-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Yep.

So I was wondering, how many challenges do you guys have left to do? If I told you how many I had left you probably wouldn't believe me at all.

I have four. One for collecting all of the stickers and three for beating Boss Battles mode on various difficulties. I refuse to do it. I hate that mode.

Evastio
05-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Me too. After having Marth slaughtered by bosses for weeks I finally managed to defeat Tabuu and them on Intense and get the Galleom Tank Trophy (Counter really helped). I also managed to get the Blue Alloy Trophy yesterday (I did it with Ganondorf last. It took a lot of tries to defeat with him strangely enough). The only Challenge I have left to do is getting all the stickers (weird huh?). I've used a Sticker Factory to try to get them all. So far I have 698 different stickers.

Yeah, I know Boss Battles isn't the funnest of modes (especially on the Harder difficulties when they move so fast and their moves kill you so easily). I guess all I can tell you is that you should stick with a character you're good with and come up with a solid strategy using them (that's what I did for Marth) and remember that you can still complete Boss Battles Challenges on Co-op mode. Or you can do Charizard's Side B repeatedly to the bosses, which supposedly works really well except when I use it.

ljkkjlcm9
05-27-2008, 12:37 AM
I got sick of the game before beating classic, all star, 100 man melee, and boss battle with all characters. I honestly don't know what I have left because before this tournament began I hadn't played the game in weeks.

THE JACKEL

05-30-2008, 12:13 PM
even though this thread is pretty much dead, :p i'd just like to announce (for my own personal pleasure) that i pre-ordered Brawl today :exdee: :exdee: :exdee:

soon we will be together, my love :bigsmile:

Evastio
05-30-2008, 06:47 PM
I'll look forward to facing you then.

Also, you main Samus and will probably be using her in Wi-Fi matches right? (secretly plans to use Mr. Game & Watch to use Samus' charged shots against her)

Well, actually I'm not really that good with using his bucket. The only time I do successfully use it is against bosses and when the people I'm facing let me use the bucket on them.

Anyways, on the topic of Samus here is a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGEhOfYmFcQ) of how you shouldn't edgeguard with her.

ljkkjlcm9
05-30-2008, 07:01 PM
I'll look forward to facing you then.

Also, you main Samus and will probably be using her in Wi-Fi matches right? (secretly plans to use Mr. Game & Watch to use Samus' charged shots against her)

Well, actually I'm not really that good with using his bucket. The only time I do successfully use it is against bosses and when the people I'm facing let me use the bucket on them.

Anyways, on the topic of Samus here is a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGEhOfYmFcQ) of how you shouldn't edgeguard with her.

isn't that video from Melee....?

THE JACKEL

06-01-2008, 02:02 AM
haha, i believe it is...and i don't get it...it's called 'Samus: How Not To Edge Guard', but she kills him in the end anyway...sooooo wtf?

i mean, sure, she goes about it in a crap way, but it doesn't really matter if you still kill them :p

Evastio
06-01-2008, 08:19 PM
isn't that video from Melee....?
Yeah but the basic idea still applies: not attacking people if they can't reach the ledge after their third jump.

Personally though I try to go for meteor smashes if possible. I still need some more practice succeeding in pulling them off with certain characters, namely Marth and Luigi.

Monol
06-02-2008, 02:46 AM
Its a pretty freakin epic edgeguard non the less O_O

06-02-2008, 06:26 AM
epic indeed...and i get why she sucked now...i didn't realize fox wouldn't have made it back without her attacking him anyway :p

and i'm gettin' pretty good at meteor smashing with luigi :cool:...on melee :(
i'm actually between mains right now, the people i switch between are: Samus and Luigi (mainly), Ness and sometimes Kirby, if i feel like it...but that could all change with brawl :)

are they fairly generic mains? just out of curiosity...

Monol
06-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Samus kind of but not in the competitive scene.

Neat choice in floaty canidates ma man but know in brawl those characters play pretty differently (except luigi who somehow just got even better) speaking of which...getting good...with luigis meteor...in melee...?! TOO good sir...too good :)

06-03-2008, 09:04 AM
yeeees, i'm a light, air-bound character fan :p im really looking forward to pit and meta knight (and especially lucas), but because brawl is fairly balanced, im also really looking forward to playing as some of the heavier ones, like dedede and bowser (and snake and ike, if they're classified as heavy) :)

23 days :exdee: then all i have to do is get used to the new feel of my characters before whipping everybody else's collective @ss :D

Evastio
06-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Keep in mind that although it may be tempting to try to practice using similar characters in Melee to get used to new characters in Brawl (like using Link to get used to using Ike, using Ness to get used to using Lucas, etc.) there'll be no way that you can practice for certain characters. Characters like R.O.B., Lucario, Meta Knight, and King Dedede are much more different than the characters from Melee. My cousin tried to use Jigglypuff to practice to use Meta Knight and he ended up being nothing like he thought he would be (seeing how the knockback of his attacks are lower than anyone else's in Melee yet his comboing potential was much higher). Basically all I'm telling you is that you shouldn't expect to be really good with Brawl's newcomers just because you've practiced with a veteran character from Melee that's similar to them. There's no harm in doing it but they'll still be much more different than you think.

That also applies to the Veterans as well. Although I wouldn't worry about them too much seeing how most of the changes are good (Ice Climbers homing onto the ledge with Belay, Bowser's Fire Breath not shrinking as quickly as it did in Melee, Captain Falcon gaining a little vertical height from hitting someone with his Raptor Boost done in the air, Marth's Sword Dance being easier to perform, etc.).

Zeldy
06-03-2008, 11:54 PM
23 days :exdee: then all i have to do is get used to the new feel of my characters before whipping everybody else's collective @ss :D

I feel a bit guilty reading over posts like these. My older brother ordered SSBB from America probably a month ago now, so we've had it for ages (I live in the UK) and, honestly, neither of us are ever on it. So I feel a bit guilty when people are counting the days and saying it's going to be the best game ever when it's sat on the shelf not being used. We got all the characters and never touched it again.

I don't know why we don't play it, though :/

06-04-2008, 07:59 AM

I feel a bit guilty reading over posts like these. My older brother ordered SSBB from America probably a month ago now, so we've had it for ages (I live in the UK) and, honestly, neither of us are ever on it. So I feel a bit guilty when people are counting the days and saying it's going to be the best game ever when it's sat on the shelf not being used. We got all the characters and never touched it again.

I don't know why we don't play it, though :/

haha, and i feel stupid and doubtful when i read posts like THESE :p i feel like an idiot because i'm saying how good it's going to be and i really have no idea, it's just what i'm hoping for, really...and you're the second person i've heard on this board say that they ditched it after playing it only a little while :( which is about the time i go 'maybe i shouldnt get my hopes up' :tongue:

and Evastio: i know my characters (and the new characters) will have a very different feel...i'm actually on a melee fast right now (so im not even sub-conciously practicing :p) so that brawl will be my sweet relief when it's released :p but yeah, im not the 'practice like my life depends on it' type, so i wouldn't do that even if i was naive enough to believe that i could pick up brawl and pwn with a character i was good with in melee :)

Roto13
06-08-2008, 09:41 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/brawl01.png
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/brawl02.png
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/brawl03.png
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/brawl04.png
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/brawl05.png
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/brawl06.png
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/brawl07.png
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/brawl08.png

06-09-2008, 02:23 AM
o.o i don't get it...

Zeromus_X
06-09-2008, 02:38 AM
My Friend Code has been updated. Now it's "2449-5825-2524".

NeoCracker
06-09-2008, 03:02 AM
Roto, I have no Idea where you found those, or if you made them yourself.

But that is more epic then the game itself.

Evastio
06-09-2008, 03:11 AM
That's quite scary Roto. :sweat:

By the way, I managed to defeat all of the challenges yesterday. The last one I completed was getting all of the stickers. I managed to get the Mario Superstar Baseball sticker (the last one I needed) during a Coin Shooter run.

It was long, grueling, and hard but seeing all of the windows in the challenges section broken and open made it all worth it in the end. :D

Monol
06-09-2008, 03:21 AM
Roto that comic is beautiful O_O

Is that the same artist that does the manga "Hellsing" by any chance?

Roto13
06-09-2008, 04:07 AM
I saw the similarities, too. xP But I don't think so.

Shoeberto
06-09-2008, 04:39 AM
I'm still missing like... well over half the accomplishments

Apparently I don't even have all the melee stages, since I haven't gotten the accomplishment that says so. Kinda stinks.

Creeping Shadow
06-09-2008, 05:24 AM
That's quite scary Roto. :sweat:

By the way, I managed to defeat all of the challenges yesterday. The last one I completed was getting all of the stickers. I managed to get the Mario Superstar Baseball sticker (the last one I needed) during a Coin Shooter run.

It was long, grueling, and hard but seeing all of the windows in the challenges section broken and open made it all worth it in the end. :D

Bravo Evastio, bravo. :choc2:

Evastio
06-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, well you know how it is, looking at the Challenges Board feeling dissatisfied with all of the unshattered windows on it then wanting to shatter each and every one of them so it looks complete.

Also, I defeated all of the challenges without using a single golden hammer. :D

demondude
06-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Two more weeks...

06-14-2008, 03:01 AM
i know :exdee: i've had a countdown in my personal message on msn from when it was still about 60 days off :tongue:

demondude
06-14-2008, 08:54 AM
I got a rubbish report card and I kinda need to find a way to get it past my parents so at least I have something to take my mind off the wait...

06-14-2008, 10:03 AM
well i'm in year 12 now, so everything counts, and my report cards are fairly terrible too, not to mention i'm not doing well in my subjects :p every year up until now i could just coast through assessment with minimal effort and come out with B's or A's, but this year and last year it's all C's and B's (with a couple of D's thrown in the mix) :( luckily, brawl comes out just when my holidays are about to start, so i'll have some time to play it without letting school suffer, however, i DO have lots of assessment before then, so i have to try and get it off my mind until it's released :p

Evastio
06-14-2008, 11:31 PM
You know what really sucks? The fact that the only trophy I'm missing is the Cranky Kong Trophy (Once I got that I'll have all 544 trophies). I actually tried to use the Coin Shooter to get it and went from 9999 Coins to around 1300 and I still didn't get it. I swear Cranky's trying to avoid me on purpose. Once you think about it it's quite ironic seeing how Wrinkly Kong (Cranky's wife) is the very first trophy you start with.

Yeah, I'm the kind of person that likes to try to get 100% in games I really like. Especially when I'm so close to completing everything already.

demondude
06-15-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm kinda worried my lens is gonna be dirty and the dual layered disc won't work.....

Northcrest
06-18-2008, 02:30 AM
Stupid Question how do you know what your friend code is. Trying to get internet for the Wii. I play as Captain Falcon, Ike, Mario, and Sonic

Roto13
06-18-2008, 04:45 AM
For any of you playing with a freeloader, don't do a system update. It kills Freeloader compatibility.

demondude
06-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Who knows about the dual layered disc problem? whats the probability it will happen to me?

Shoeberto
06-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Who knows about the dual layered disc problem? whats the probability it will happen to me?
It depends on how old your Wii is. The earlier runs from around the time it came out have a higher chance of running into the problem. Nintendo offers a free repair program, though, if you run into trouble with it.

Stupid Question how do you know what your friend code is. Trying to get internet for the Wii. I play as Captain Falcon, Ike, Mario, and Sonic
Go on to Nintendo WFC with Brawl, then With Friends and into Friends Roster. It's right in there.

demondude
06-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I got mine april last year, is that old?

Roto13
06-18-2008, 06:28 PM
It has a lot more to do with whether or not your Wii is surrounded by dust and cigarettes.

demondude
06-18-2008, 06:30 PM
It's kinda dusty but it has never been any where near cigarrete smoke.

Evastio
06-19-2008, 02:25 AM
It should be okay then.

I still don't have my Cranky Kong trophy, even after going through one long coin shooter match where I went from 9999 coins to 0 coins. :(

And the dojo said that the longer you go coin shooting the better the chance you have of getting new trophies...

06-19-2008, 01:13 PM
:hyper: one week :hyper:

demondude
06-19-2008, 04:59 PM
One mother flippin' week!

06-25-2008, 12:44 AM
:exdee: :exdee: :exdee: one.....mother.....smurfing......day :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Markus. D
06-25-2008, 01:56 AM
Tomorrow... finally...

y-y;

Evastio
06-25-2008, 07:25 PM
To celebrate Europe finally getting Brawl I'll post a Falcon Punch Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXQb_PC1JhI&feature=related) for the fun of it. :D

JKTrix
06-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Holy crap Falcon's mask came off. I never watched very far into that lame anime.

Congrats, Europe.

Evastio
06-26-2008, 01:55 AM
I'll be wanting to hear who your mains are when you guys get Brawl.

Mine are Marth, the Ice Climbers, and R.O.B.

Roto13
06-26-2008, 02:10 AM
So? Did anyone buy it? xP

06-26-2008, 08:03 AM
ME! ME! I BOUGHT IT! :p it's in my wii as we speak :exdee: :exdee: not sure of a main yet, just tryin' out the emissary...i dont think there are words to express my current excitement :p

oh, and i have my friend code already, i'll have to add all of yours later, but if you want mine now (of course you do! :D) here it is:
1375-8634-8811

Levian
06-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Still one more day for Europe D: for some reason Australia got it a day before us

NeoCracker
06-26-2008, 08:46 AM
So, whould you europeans want the tournament to be in 2 weeks, or would you rather it be a month so you have time to catch up with us superior American Gamers. :cool:

Markus. D
06-26-2008, 09:36 AM
LOL! I can't connect for Dwayna's Beard even...

I didn't manage to get the chance to get it on first day, but there's always second day!

also, a youtube buddy o' mine made this neat remix of DJ K.K YouTube - DJ K.K Techno Mix (http://youtube.com/watch?v=gSJOuahv25Q)

06-26-2008, 10:00 AM
haha, man i suck at this game :p i want my luigi :( i had to get off cos dad wanted to watch the news :mad2: i ask you, what's more important...smelly old news? or shiny, new, awesome, 'endless-fun' brawl? :bigsmile:? i think we all know the answer :) in saying that, im already a little tired of the subspace emissary...but it's still pretty good...i just can't wait to battle you all online :D

also, Evastio, i believe the decision for this to be released in Australia first was a corporate one, Mr. Nintendo thought, and i quote 'them damn europeans are so damn cocky, they can be the last region to get this', yes, Mr. Nintendo himself said that....*cough*....

As for the tournament thing, i personally would prefer it to take place within the next two weeks (not including this one), solely because im on holidays then :p

Im going to write all of your codes down and add you later...we dont have to be online at the same time just to add each other right?

EDIT: on the off-chance that one of you and i somehow battle (if we both add each other's codes), my brawl name is 'KROD'...

i still can't believe i finally have this game :hyper:

qwertysaur
06-26-2008, 07:10 PM
We need to be on at the same time.

06-26-2008, 10:58 PM
damn...that could get difficult...i thought it was only if you were sending something to somebody that they had to be online at the same time...well that's a bit bothersome now, isn't it? anybody have msn? :p

Roto13
06-26-2008, 11:27 PM
You only need to be online at the same time to register to send stuff.

Evastio
06-27-2008, 12:14 AM
I finally got the Cranky Kong Trophy. :D

Now I have all 544 trophies and all Chronicle Entries. :D

haha, man i suck at this game :p i want my luigi :( i had to get off cos dad wanted to watch the news :mad2: i ask you, what's more important...smelly old news? or shiny, new, awesome, 'endless-fun' brawl? :bigsmile:? i think we all know the answer :) in saying that, im already a little tired of the subspace emissary...but it's still pretty good...i just can't wait to battle you all online :D
Don't worry too much about it. With the changes from Melee to Brawl, even I (the guy who's practically got a perfect Brawl File) sucked really badly at first. You'll eventually get used to Brawl's new feel and be able to unlock Luigi (whose Up B is harder to hit with but has his Side Smash and Down B improved. Him flipping over after doing his Up B also makes recovery much easier, strangely enough).

JKTrix
06-27-2008, 02:44 PM
In honour of the European launch, the Smash Bros Dojo updated with some new snapshots.

Smash Bros. DOJO!! (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/etc/etc03.html)
ƒXƒ}ƒuƒ‰Œ!! (http://www.smashbros.com/jp/gamemode/etc/etc03.html)

Roto13
06-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Woo, update. :P

Levian
06-27-2008, 07:34 PM
this game is now in my dirty little hands

06-30-2008, 01:29 PM
whew! unlocked all characters! which one of you b*tches wants to take me on? ;) :p i still dont have a main...i've given up on luigi a little bit :( lately i've been using lucario, a bit of toon link (just unlocked him :tongue:) along with samus and lucas, haha, i probably better stop there :p but it's hard to pick a main with this game

as a side note: the best part in the emissary (no spoilers ;))was 'R.O.B.'s entrance, that was rad :bigsmile: :p

NeoCracker
06-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Has it been 2 weeks since the euro release yet? :p

Albel
07-01-2008, 03:32 PM
WOOHOO, Ive got it. Ive finally got it. Im so happy:D I was going to use Link all the time, but i find Ike suits me more...and his really cool:cool:
Ill try to add you all in about a week, because im still a n00b and I dont feel like being PWND straight away.

Ultima Shadow
07-02-2008, 11:52 PM
So, whould you europeans want the tournament to be in 2 weeks, or would you rather it be a month so you have time to catch up with us superior American Gamers. :cool:
Two weeks should be enough. :greenie:

I just started playing. I did get it the same day it was released, but sadly I had a trip planned in that very same day. I got home pretty late yesterday, so I haven't really catched up yet. But it shouldn't take too long until I've unlocked all the important stuff.

Oh, and can you play custom-made stages online, by the way? :greenie:

At the moment, I like Ike the most.:greenie:

Edit: I still like melee's feel better, though. Brawl just feels so much clumsier. Just thought I'd add that. :greenie:

Edit2: Gah, now I totally overused that greenie-smilie again!

07-03-2008, 02:17 AM
haha ^^^, anyway, i don't think you can play the custom stages online, unfortunately...i havent tried though, so i could be wrong, but that's what i've heard

i think i like brawl's feel better, i think it's LESS clumsy than melee cos you actually have to execute and time moves rather than button mash :p

And at the moment i'm a real Lucas fan, i play as him mostly, then second to him is probably Samus or Lucario, but there are so many good people, i basically just put it on 'random' and screw around with whoever they give me :tongue:

p.s.: bit disappointed with Sonic's moveset...all his moves are very similar to one another...but i LOVE how fast he his :bigsmile: i just dash from one side of the stage to the other the whole time :p

Craig
07-03-2008, 08:14 PM
My smash code thing is 2664-3556-5756, add me please guys

edit: wow onlines pretty cool. ive played like 5-6 games so far and only lost once.

in the last game me and this guy were running for the smash ball, so i smacked him off the stage and got it and as i was falling back down the other 2 players were running towards me and i got them both in my triforce thing midair and won. fun fun!

demondude
07-05-2008, 12:00 PM
I have had it for one week and have accumulated 50 hours of power time. :cool:

Ultima Shadow
07-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Just completed the Sub-space thingy aka Adventure Mode. I have all characters except Wolf and Toon Link.

NeoCracker
07-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Okay, how long has Brawl been out there? I have a horrible sense of time. XD

07-06-2008, 12:05 PM
for us (AUS) it's been out a week and 3 days, for the Europeans, one day less, but i'm ready for a tournament now, even if i do get my @$$ handed to me :bigsmile:

Ultima Shadow
07-06-2008, 05:11 PM
1 week and 2 days -4 days for me, in other words 5 days.:greenie:

...Aaaaand, now I got all the characters and stages. Yay for me. Let's celebrate with this awesome video.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAxnlrWcmE)

scrumpleberry
07-06-2008, 08:25 PM
I need to buy this. NAO. Unfortunately, my Wii onlinee connection is broken, so I won't be able to play with you guys :kaocry2:

Monol
07-06-2008, 11:30 PM
CONGRATS EVERYONE!

Now the world can finally enjoy this awsome game! :D

NeoCracker
07-07-2008, 02:17 AM
I'll start a tournament thread soon then.

Likely a little later today.

Remember, it will be Doubles, so be sure to find a partner.

Evastio
07-09-2008, 04:20 AM
I found out you get a special notice for defeating Classic Mode with only one life on Intense. Anyone else knew about this? I managed to get it out of boredom and wanting to challenge myself with the Ice Climbers who are one of my best characters.

Evastio
07-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Roto converted my Brawl Snapshots that I sent him so I'll show them to you guys now.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/fb01e28cfaf0088b.png
Lucky Luigi.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/ef27510dc5f5a061.png
R.O.B., Luigi, and Wario rush to Spear Pillar to stop it from falling.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/dc3497d5d2757a7f.png
Evil Jigglypuff!!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/d80e5c0ac8b6feb7.png
That's got to hurt an insane amount. :sweat:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/b123a3f96030f734.png
This one isn't mine but since Roto converted it I might as well show it to you guys.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/a35cf749fcb54703.png
Tabuu's Door. (I sure have an obsession with that place don't I?)

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/71cfe0139b40b09f.png
Mario and Bowser doing sommersaults.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/6b103e1a1e2e9132.png
Silly Diddy. Did you really expect him to turn into a beautiful princess?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/582637c6b8d212ce.png
An amusing pic my brother made in sticker mode.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/540fba7a108669d3.png
Bowser up close and personal.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/52da91d0b56824ee.png
Dedede plays wack-a-mole.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/43288e307a898026.png
It's a Lucas bobblehead!!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/1f5165348e93e761.png
I guess I really do have an obsession for this place.

07-21-2008, 07:08 AM
haha, they're pretty tops....i have a few that i'd like to post some time, but i'd have to learn how to convert them, etc...one is similar to that bobblehead lucas one, but it's lucas with kirby on his head and it looks like a hat...so it was sort of a re-definition of 'kirby hats' :p

demondude
07-27-2008, 01:29 PM
How much music can you get from Cd's becuase they are getting a pain to collect.

Evastio
07-27-2008, 06:32 PM
You could just enable only Sandbags and put them on high to get a lot of Stickers and CDs by beating on the Sandbags. That's what I did to get all the random appearance CDs and Stickers. I can't say the same for the ones you get from Challenges though.

scrumpleberry
08-04-2008, 01:23 PM
berry Brawl GET

At last ;) I'm still ultimate suxxorz though, very out of practice.

Værn
08-16-2008, 03:51 AM
Am I late?
1332-7423-2356

I don't get on much, though. You're a lot more likely to run into my brother than myself. Feel free to add me anyways, though. Meow~

Markus. D
08-22-2008, 04:08 AM
I got it yesterday... probably to late to discuss stuff on it :(

OMG IT'S GREAT, I'm yet to do anything other than 70 or so % of the SSE.

I'm finding it quite fun ^^... that Great Maze got a little Huge and I forced myself to go to bed~

demondude
08-22-2008, 11:50 AM
I hate the great maze, what was worse is that I forgot to rescue Ike, and he is my best character.

Markus. D
08-22-2008, 01:49 PM
I was hoping that the adventure would yield some form of ending...

demondude
08-22-2008, 02:38 PM
It does, .. Kinda.

08-22-2008, 02:42 PM
i got all of the characters in the maze ^_^

but it was a friggin' trial :eep: so long and boring, and the percentage goes up so slowly in that area :mad2:

Roto13
08-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Am I the only one who actually preferred the Great Maze to the rest of the mode? xP Because if they had made the entire SSE mode into a series of Great Mazes, I'd have enjoyed it a hell of a lot more. xP

Markus. D
08-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Am I the only one who actually preferred the Great Maze to the rest of the mode? xP Because if they had made the entire SSE mode into a series of Great Mazes, I'd have enjoyed it a hell of a lot more. xP

I liked it =]... very non-linear feel.

08-23-2008, 10:27 AM
well the main part i looked forward to was unlocking new characters, and by that time you'd already unlocked all of them...so it was kinda tedious...in saying that it did entertain me for a while, i guess it's just that it was a bit repetitive and you couldnt really use the characters to their full potential (this goes for the whole SSE) because of stage restrictions or little key guys beating the sh*t out of you in a confined space :mad2:

Markus. D
08-23-2008, 10:41 AM
I rushed around most of it dodging everything xD

scrumpleberry
08-23-2008, 01:01 PM
I rushed around most of it dodging everything xD

^ this, I'm terrible x)
Going back trying to get 100% at the minute. Oh, people who play Toon Link-

STOP ABUSING YOUR MIDAIR DOWN A FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

also i hate that weird leafy stage, it's somehow impossible for me to win on it

Oh and I fix'd my internet connection, if anyone wants to play me drop me a pm with your code.

Roto13
08-23-2008, 02:50 PM
well the main part i looked forward to was unlocking new characters, and by that time you'd already unlocked all of them...

Nuh uh. :o

Markus. D
08-24-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm in love with Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus and OLIMAR... they own so much xD

my favorite moves are: Toon Links midair v+A, Zero Suit's Stungun thing and pegging little cute things with Olimar, glorious.

oh I wish I could play online...

demondude
08-24-2008, 11:12 AM
I detest Toon Links midair-down A.

Monol
08-25-2008, 06:42 AM
I love it!

<3 Toon Link

Not a fan of spamming it though :p

scrumpleberry
08-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Also, I really like Zero Suit Samus but I'm not so keen on her in her power suit, because she's just too heavy for me. How do you get her to change before a match :confused:

qwertysaur
08-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Hold the shield button.

Evastio
09-08-2008, 11:13 PM
The DOJO has posted a new update (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/info/info08.html) showing the World Record for all of the Target Smash levels and the Home Run Contests done with every character. They also showed the top Co-op records for those events as well.

I have to say they're quite impressive. I can't even get over 1900 ft. in the Home Run Contest or defeat any of the Target Smash levels in less than 10 seconds. Even after watching the replays sent in by Nintendo Wi-Fi I'm still quite clueless as to how to achieve records like that myself. :sweat:

Even so, I guess I probably shouldn't be so discouraged since those people probably haven't even defeated all of the challenges on the challenges board (without using a single Golden Hammer) or defeated all Solo and Co-op Event Matches on Hard Mode like I did. :D

Monol
05-05-2009, 10:56 AM
*sigh* Good times good times :D

Rantz
05-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Monol, please do not revive threads this old. If you'd like to add something to the topic, you may start a new thread about it instead. LOL!