PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-11-2008, 05:24 AM
Since the countdown is over, we may as well start fresh from the bloated pre-release thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/105215-nintendo-counts-down-super-smash-bros-brawl.html). Discuss smashing and the brothers thereof here.

Roto13
03-11-2008, 05:28 AM
I'm gonna update this post as a list of friend codes for Brawl. :P Gimme a minute to get started. xD

Arc_Master_14: 1375-6882-1842
Avarice-ness: 3609-1940-8431
Azar: 3050-7237-2675
Clouded Sky: 4210-3705-0446
Craig: 2664-3556-5756
Elite Lord Sigma: 2062-9110-4532
Evastio: 0259-0337-0512
Hsu: 5412-9698-2127
Ichimonji: 0430-9108-8294
I Took the Red Pill: 4639-8640-1527
ljkerfvdf9: 0559-6482-4001
Jebus: 1032-0888-7149
JKTrix: 0473-7410-4713
Jowy and Misfit: 2320-6134-5113
Kentarou: 3136-6239-4995
.:kerrod:.: 1375-8634-8811
Kirobaito: 4339-2203-1749
Leen-Leen: 1461-5951-4894
Momiji: 4940-5219-3394
Monol: 2964-8307-9430
NeoCracker: 2664-1798-5326
No. 78: 2492-3996-7242
nintendogamer: 1633-3860-7006
qwertyxsora: 1375-6918-6001
Roto13: 1032-0980-8525
The Summoner Of Leviathan: 2878-9734-5630
Zeldy: 0817-3865-2004
Zeromus_X: 2449-5825-2524

NeoCracker
03-11-2008, 05:57 AM
2664-1798-5326-

My best guys so far are Metaknight, who I loved right off, Ike, who after getting use to him he's pretty rad, Bowser, and Link.

I have no Idea why I'm suddenly good with Bowser.

Edit: Also, I added you JK.

Edit 2: Still can't seem to play other people online, but I am betting on my second Spectator Match.

Won the first, now I'm hoping Dedede and Lucas pull through for me. :P

Crossblades
03-11-2008, 03:40 PM
2062-8853-1993

For the moment, Im just playing with Ike. But I'm starting to like Luigi though

Roogle
03-11-2008, 03:45 PM
I do not give out my Friends Code on Super Smash Bros. Brawl, currently. I play Lucas and Ness and I have been playing the Super Smash Bros. series for several years, but, at the same time, I am out of practice and I look forward to facing opponents from this place very soon. No one will survive.

qwertysaur
03-11-2008, 04:13 PM
I'll give you my friend code later. I really like using Sonic and Pokemon trainer. Pit and Dedede are also fun to mess around with though.

KentaRawr!
03-11-2008, 04:18 PM
My friend code is 3136-6239-4995. :p I've added all the FC's in this thread.

White Raven
03-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Picking it up Friday, can't wait, although I can see my school work going down hill here on out.

Does anyone else remember the commerical they used when the original Smash Bros. came out? The one with the "So Happy Together" song for it. I loved that commercial and it would have been neat if they used it for this release.

:)

ljkkjlcm9
03-11-2008, 05:16 PM
My friend code is 0559-6482-4001

My best is Wolf, followed by Lucario, Pit, Marth, and Fox.
HOWEVER, I use many many different characters. These Include:
Mario, Link, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Marth, Diddy, Zelda/Shiek, Pit, Falco, Peach, Wolf, Lucario, Ness, Sonic, Toon Link, ROB, Captain Falcon, and Lucas.

On another note, I don't plan on going online until I do a lot of stuff offline. And I only plan on playing with friends or people with my friends code, meaning you'll have to PM me to set up friendly matches and what not. To make this easier:
AIM: Ljkkjlcm9
Yahoo: Coinmaster9
MSN: Coinmaster9@yahoo.com

drop me a message.

THE JACKEL

Madame Adequate
03-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I will tell you in October 2011, when Europe gets a release! :monster:

Fonzie
03-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Hey you. Yes, you. You want Brawl, yes? I've got an great stock of brawl, very cheap. /russian accent

*opens jacket*

Whatcha buying stranger? *laughs*

Momiji
03-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Give me some time. First I need to buy the game. Then I need to get my bearings again (I haven't played SSB for months, so I'm rusty), and then I'll add all of you and kick your sorry butts. <3

ljkkjlcm9
03-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Man event 41 on hard, is hard to say the least. Way harder than the last event in Melee.

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
03-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I mentioned in the last thread that I had to turn that one down to 'Easy' to beat it. I think I'm gonna have a friend over later today, so we're gonna try and co-op that match.

You have any tips on beating it? I guess one I can offer is: Use someone who can counter.

ljkkjlcm9
03-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I mentioned in the last thread that I had to turn that one down to 'Easy' to beat it. I think I'm gonna have a friend over later today, so we're gonna try and co-op that match.

You have any tips on beating it? I guess one I can offer is: Use someone who can counter.

actually I finally beat it, with Wolf, without dieing.
My best tip is with him to use his smash attacks and air attacks. Keep mario between you and the edge, I got him to die quickly. Always keep note of what Snake is doing, I found he was constantly tossing grenades or firing his rockets. Sonic is the least of your worries, he really only adds to the pain after the other two knock you off balance.

On another note, the two player Events are completely different from the 1 player events, and the only one my friend and I couldn't beat on hard was the one where you have to kill 50 yoshi's before completing a lap, we didn't try a lower difficulty.

THE JACKEL

Evastio
03-11-2008, 07:27 PM
So have you guys heard a lot of the Codec Conversations yet? There are some like Peach and Lucas that no one have said anything about yet.

There's also this one that I put in an attachment.

Breine
03-11-2008, 07:46 PM
I wish I had a Wii :(

Kirobaito
03-11-2008, 07:59 PM
I've never been a hardcore Smash player (this is the first one that I've actually owned... my roommate has the first two), so I'm really just now figuring out how to be good at it.

I've unlocked all the characters and most of the levels, but I can't seem to connect online (I can get updates, though...).

So far I like using Snake best. He slaughters.

ljkkjlcm9
03-11-2008, 08:30 PM
I haven't heard any Codec conversations, except the ones on the smash website.

I don't like using Snake though. In fact I hate him. He plays drastically different than most characters, for example, his down smash buries a mine. He doesn't actually attack, and down smash is one of my favorite skills on most characters. So everytime I go to do it with him, he just attempts to bury a mine. He's too different for me to like. And sonic seems to have like 3 of the same moves just performed slightly differently. I honestly don't care for either 3rd party character. I know that will make SOMEONE happy. ;)

at this point:
Beaten Classic on Easy through Very Hard, haven't tried Intense yet
Beaten all Single Events on Hard
Beat SSE on Hard, going back to levels on intense, and attempting to get 100% in the process
Unlocked most if not all the stages... I think
Unlocked all the target tests, completed stage 1 with every character, have to do stage 2-5
Completed 10 man, 100 man, 3 minute, 15 minute brawls. 177 kills on endless, 6 on cruel
Haven't touched boss battle yet.

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
03-11-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm really lacking in my current skills. The only characters right now I might be able to beat Very Hard with are Gannon or Metaknight. Possibley Pit, but honestly I don't think I can pull it off with either of them.

And JAckal, when you unlock all the stages one of the windows will open up. So when that happens, you'll know you have all the stages.

I Took the Red Pill
03-11-2008, 10:04 PM
4639-8640-1527

ljkkjlcm9
03-11-2008, 10:14 PM
here's a tip for getting the max combo awards in training
For anyone, set the CPU damage to 999 grab them, then keep hitting A to attack them. Depending on how fast they attack, you can get a wide variety of numbers. With Wolf I got 129, with Sonic I got 70 etc.

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
03-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Wow, all I did was go to the flying pirate ship stage from Melee, take Kirby and constantly punched them into that little cubby on the ship until it went down.

Scored 176 doing that.

JKTrix
03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Snake apparently has the codec scenes for all of the characters. I'm going through some of them now. He even says something different for Sheik and Zamus. He doesn't seem to say anything for each of the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, though in the conversation, they seem to allude to some parrallels between the 'Pokemon Trainer controlling Pokemon from afar' and Snake being kind of like the Colonel's Pokemon. They don't exactly say it though.

ljkkjlcm9
03-11-2008, 10:58 PM
I just played my first online match against randoms and won... there was some noticeable lag though. Got 4 kills, 1 death. Twas fun, but I'd rather play friends.

THE JACKEL

Kirobaito
03-11-2008, 11:05 PM
4339-2203-1749

I'm really bad, though.

Monol
03-11-2008, 11:18 PM
2964-8307-9430

lets rumble ya'll :D

I Took the Red Pill
03-11-2008, 11:23 PM
I only added the 3 people in Roto's list so far because I'm lazy. If you're going to add me, PM me and I'll add you.

Evastio
03-11-2008, 11:25 PM
I don't like using Snake though. In fact I hate him. He plays drastically different than most characters, for example, his down smash buries a mine. He doesn't actually attack, and down smash is one of my favorite skills on most characters. So everytime I go to do it with him, he just attempts to bury a mine. He's too different for me to like. And sonic seems to have like 3 of the same moves just performed slightly differently. I honestly don't care for either 3rd party character. I know that will make SOMEONE happy. ;)
Quite true. :D

Strangely enough, I prefer Snake over Sonic. He's been officially confirmed for Brawl longer so I've gotten use to the idea of him in Brawl more. Also his allies talk about Brawl's characters in depth with the Codec Conversations (by the way I found all of them on a GameFaq Guide (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/file/928518/52073)) which is really neat. I know I keep mentioning that a lot but it's something that helps explain the backgrounds of each of the playable Nintendo characters (and in a humorous way too) which makes the MGS series being in Brawl balance out the fact that they aren't Nintendo by talking about Nintendo facts and trivia. Too bad I can't say the same for Sonic and Sega. :rolleyes2

It's also good to hear you say that because now I don't have to worry about being repeatedly defeated and humiliated by 3rd party characters being used by who I'm guessing is the best EoFF Smasher. No offense to the rest of you. Then again, until we go facing each other on Wi-Fi there's no way to confirm who's the best on EoFF.

XxSephirothxX
03-11-2008, 11:38 PM
I guess I may as well go public!

3050-7237-2675

Also: Evastio, you don't make a damn bit of sense. :p

Evastio
03-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Also: Evastio, you don't make a damn bit of sense. :p
Um, which part? The first paragraph or the second? :confused:

XxSephirothxX
03-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Your continuing illogical dislike for two characters and the fact that you would somehow be more humiliated to lose to someone playing with them simply because they were not in games developed by Nintendo.

Monol
03-11-2008, 11:46 PM
I admire it

NeoCracker
03-11-2008, 11:53 PM
I hope snake will become a top tier character to spite Evastio. :p

Evastio
03-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Your continuing illogical dislike for two characters and the fact that you would somehow be more humiliated to lose to someone playing with them simply because they were not in games developed by Nintendo.
I guess I'll warn you people that are tired of me disliking 3rd party characters to just ignore this post.

Well as you said yourself they're not Nintendo and it's quite awkward for them to be in a Smash Bros. game. What also bugs me is the fact that there's people that're so ecstatic about Snake and Sonic being in Brawl and they're obsessed with it to the point that they'll probably only use those characters. If that's how it'll end up they might as well have called the game Super Smash Rodents and Reptiles. Letting those kind of people defeat me will only encourage those people to continue to only use non-Nintendo characters. Being defeated by characters that are Nintendo is more than okay since that's practically what the Smash Bros. series was all about. However, with all of these 3rd party character fan demands the Smash Bros. series is starting to lose its tradition of staying Nintendo only.

But, now that Brawl is out and it's confirmed that they didn't stick in 3rd party characters and not major Nintendo characters like Falco, Marth, and Mr. Game & Watch I'm not as against it as I used to be. That's not going to stop me from picking on 3rd party characters on Wi-Fi though.

I hope snake will become a top tier character to spite Evastio. :p
That'd be the same day Aunt Jemima and Mona Lisa are confirmed characters that are crazy hard to unlock that belong in the undefeatable tier. :rolleyes2

Seriously, (and I'm saying this as unbiasely as possible) MLG players tend to think lowly of characters with awkward play styles (like Mewtwo, Yoshi, and Mr. Game & Watch) and have stuck them in the Bottom Tier because of that. I'm guessing Snake, the Pokemon Trainer, and Olimar aren't exceptions to that. That's not going to stop me from using low/bottom tier characters though.

El Bandito
03-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Well I don't have a code since I play on my friend's Wii and we already seem to have enough people around at random times that we haven't had to get online. I'll probably try and play some of you in the future though.

Also, no love for Olimar? I'll have fun throwing you all off balance with him. Other than him I'm so far really liking Wolf and Dedede.

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Actually I am growing fond of Olimar and his wacky play style. :p

Evastio
03-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Also, no love for Olimar?
I guess it did kind of sound like I was insulting him. But you do have to admit that he does play quite awkwardly compared to other characters and that MLG (major league gaming) players don't really like characters like that. Personally I'm okay with them and don't look down on them at all. Otherwise I would've never become really awesome with the Ice Climbers. :D

ljkkjlcm9
03-12-2008, 01:00 AM
well I've added every friend code in this thread, and once enough of you add me too, we should get a friendly game going
THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 01:24 AM
I'll be adding you in a moment my friend. :)

Also, the more I use the likes of Snake, the better he seems to be actually.

He feels slow at first, but thats a bit deceptive, as he isn't as slow as he first appears. Though his down b still sucks. :p

And no, this isn't just because Evastio hates him I'm saying this.

Edit: I've added you all now. Also, I've already gotten a chance to play Pill, and we seem about the same level. Though the stage did kill us a few times, so I could be wrong on that assumption. :p

ljkkjlcm9
03-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Snake is actually very strong, he's just not my playstyle. When forced to use him, his Forward smash is incredibly strong when it connects.

On another note, I've started doing the missions in SSE over on intense. Stickers can be a big help. Just remember people, it's only the strongest of a type that takes effect. Don't put a leg +8 and a leg +12... only the +12 will work. If you're adding a +12 instead of the 8, be sure to get rid of the 8 to have some room!

THE JACKEL

Evastio
03-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Heh heh, uh, I guess now would be a good time to tell you people that I don't have Brawl and probably won't be able to get it as soon as I would've wanted to. :riiight:

I guess I'll have to accept the fact that you guys are going to get a lot more practice than me and I probably won't do as well as you guys on Wi-Fi. But then again, I've faced my friends in Melee that've been playing it from 2001 while I only started playing it from 2007 and I've actually caught up to them quite fast. I did it once and I can do it again.

I hope...

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 01:58 AM
I managed to beat Jackal with Jiggly, so I'm content. :)

Lost with Meta though, and hes the funnest :(

ljkkjlcm9
03-12-2008, 02:02 AM
I managed to beat Jackal with Jiggly, so I'm content. :)

Lost with Meta though, and hes the funnest :(

lol, I was having major lag issues in that match and the next one. My buttons were very unresponsive, I was just trying to jump to stay alive on that stage. But as soon as you made the Dragoon I knew I was dead lol.

now is dinner time though!

THE JACKAL

Evastio
03-12-2008, 02:07 AM
I guess it is good in some ways that I'm getting it late. There'll probably be less people trying out Wi-Fi once I get it since people'll be frustrated at its laginess from too many people trying it out. So once I try it out it'll be a lot faster than it is right now.

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 02:16 AM
I think its just server issues, as you still can't seem to use the Figth Anyone thing.

And I figured as much JAckal, as you weren't really attacking.

Though that third game was bad, I couldn't even grab an easy ledge. :p

ljkkjlcm9
03-12-2008, 02:18 AM
I think its just server issues, as you still can't seem to use the Figth Anyone thing.

And I figured as much JAckal, as you weren't really attacking.

Though that third game was bad, I couldn't even grab an easy ledge. :p
the lag on the third game was horrid too, it literally took about 2 minutes to move at one point

Hopefully Nintendo will realize these issues, maybe make it less of a problem, and we'll be good!

On another note, we should also list our online names, because I don't know who OCEAN was >.>
I'm Jakel

THE JACKEL

I Took the Red Pill
03-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Edit: I've added you all now. Also, I've already gotten a chance to play Pill, and we seem about the same level. Though the stage did kill us a few times, so I could be wrong on that assumption. Yeah, I'd say we were an even match. I'd definitely like to have a go on a less hazardous stage, never been too fond of Big Blue. :p

Well as you said yourself they're not Nintendo and it's quite awkward for them to be in a Smash Bros. game. What also bugs me is the fact that there's people that're so ecstatic about Snake and Sonic being in Brawl and they're obsessed with it to the point that they'll probably only use those characters. If that's how it'll end up they might as well have called the game Super Smash Rodents and Reptiles. Letting those kind of people defeat me will only encourage those people to continue to only use non-Nintendo characters. Being defeated by characters that are Nintendo is more than okay since that's practically what the Smash Bros. series was all about. However, with all of these 3rd party character fan demands the Smash Bros. series is starting to lose its tradition of staying Nintendo only.Or you can play the game the way you want to, they can play the game the way they want to, and you can combine for mutual profit.

Kirobaito
03-12-2008, 03:48 AM
As you can see, Jackal, I kinda suck. :D

qwertysaur
03-12-2008, 03:51 AM
Friend Code!

1375-6918-6001

Kirobaito
03-12-2008, 03:57 AM
That was the first time I had ever used Meta Knight in non-SSE. Was totally oblivious to the fact that over-B would kill me. :D

And yeah, didn't notice that you were also Lucario. Saw Lucario and was like "oh hai let's go right toward the other guy." Death.

ljkkjlcm9
03-12-2008, 03:58 AM
As you can see, Jackal, I kinda suck. :D

don't feel bad, I've won against most people I've played, one of the main reasons I didn't keep using Wolf... people seem to have a hard time killing him when I play as him, sometimes just by my luck lol
That's why I like the items though, they add a challenge to the game, and anyone can win at anytime. Though I was a bit upset that you got a final smash twice as Snake >.>
And sorry about that last fight, lagged out.

THE JACKEL

Arc_Master_14
03-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Ive falllen in Love with Toon Link He so oober pwnage! lol
1375 6882 1842

Monol
03-12-2008, 05:22 AM
Im ocean lol and you raped me. The freakin lag MURDERS zeldas already slow play style. I heard the american server is supposed to improve in a week or two so chin up chaps. Then there is no more server excuses lol Nice edgeguarding though jackal regardless (because if it was laggy for me it was laggy for you am i right?) Id like play you guys again though.

Gotta get me some dignity back :p

ljkkjlcm9
03-12-2008, 05:35 AM
Im ocean lol and you raped me. The freakin lag MURDERS zeldas already slow play style. I heard the american server is supposed to improve in a week or two so chin up chaps. Then there is no more server excuses lol Nice edgeguarding though jackal regardless (because if it was laggy for me it was laggy for you am i right?) Id like play you guys again though.

Gotta get me some dignity back :p
oh it was more than laggy, it like froze at one point lol
I really look forward to the servers improving and playing with you guys. It's fun to play and just kick back. The items make it so much more fun because anyone can turn it around at any point. Wolf is definitely my best though.

I just completed target test 1-4 with all the characters, and did the time requirement for all 5. Now I have to do the 5th one with every character. Not now, I just did 2-4... with every character... that's... 105 target test runs. That's not including the times I messed up... ugh!
BUT, only 34 more to go(cause I did the time one with Wolf already!)

Then to clear classic with everyone. Then attempt intense with Wolf. Then All star with everyone, then attempt very hard and intense with Wolf. Then boss battle with everyone, then Very hard and Intense with Wolf again! God thats like... a lot of playing!

THE JACKEL

Creeping Shadow
03-12-2008, 07:21 AM
I gota go with the Marth man himself even if they ruined his forward-B recovery (It pretty much makes him plummet :eek: ) And Falco will always be up their right next to Marth (Now he runs like a ninja :D ) And surprisingly Ike himself (Great Aether!!!) And Im giving Wario a try. (I am Wario Man!!!!)

Roto13
03-12-2008, 06:14 PM
This is the first time my :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty little town has ever gotten a game on it's release date. However, due to a flurry of :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty things, I couldn't get near the mall until today, after they were completely sold out and they don't know when they're getting more.

I hate my life so, so much.

Evastio
03-12-2008, 07:13 PM
I hear you bro.

Looks like Ultima Shadow, Momiji, you, and me are all stuck in the same boat. :(

I gota go with the Marth man himself even if they ruined his forward-B recovery (It pretty much makes him plummet :eek: )
I remember reading somewhere that his Shield Breaker Stab can now help with horizontal recovery. I can't confirm that it works as effectively as the First Sword Dance Slash from Melee.

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 08:11 PM
It doesn't.

ljkkjlcm9
03-12-2008, 08:50 PM
does anyone know how to submit the records and stuff?
I got under 20 seconds with Fox on the level 5 target test and I wanted to submit it lol

btw, if anyone wants to trade stuff like that, we need Wii codes too!

THE JACKEL

Jebus
03-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Might as well add me too. I needs people to play against.

1032-0888-7149

My AIM is in my profile thing, so just IM me when you guys wanna throw down.

Ultima Shadow
03-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, damn, damn, damn! Why am I missing out on all the fun? :(

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Because Europe sucks. :p

Evastio
03-12-2008, 10:48 PM
It doesn't.
In this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2MpSW-JEl0&feature=related) watch 1:30 to 1:40 to see what I mean.

does anyone know how to submit the records and stuff?
I might be wrong about this but I think you're somehow able to submit replays similarly to the way you can submit snapshots and stages. I remember reading that you'll get a new stage, snapshot, and replay daily. That's what I read anyways.

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah. I know.

It doesn't feel like it goes as far as it use too.

Could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure the range is shorter.

ljkkjlcm9
03-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Marth's regular B can be used to recover, if you're above the level of the stage. You charge it up and it gains forward momentum the more it's charged I believe.

As for submitting stuff, it eventually just appeared there. The first time I went to replays it wasn't there. When I went back it was though, I think I might have connected to Wifi at some point between those two trips though.

It's submitted, it'd be really cool if it got picked to be sent out!

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
03-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Okay, I have no Idea what to call that performance of mine.

It was so horrid. :p

KentaRawr!
03-12-2008, 11:53 PM
I should probably point out that I am Nico/Ocin.

Speaking of Online, I had my first online match today. There was an odd delay, but it was fun anyway.

Edit: I've written down all the FC's in Roto's list thus far, and I'm going to go add them now.

Edit 2: Added.

NeoCracker
03-13-2008, 12:00 AM
I should probably point out that I am Nico/Ocin.

Speaking of Online, I had my first online match today. There was an odd delay, but it was fun anyway.

Edit: I've written down all the FC's in Roto's list thus far, and I'm going to go add them now.

That was me you were playing. :p

I have know Idea why I kept fucking up like that though, it was rather ebarassing. :p

KentaRawr!
03-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Aha! I was playing you, NeoCracker!

I think we can blame it all on lag. Want to have another match some time soon?

NeoCracker
03-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Probably tommorow, and those first couple games I barely got any lag, so I'll attribute it to I haven't slept yet.

KentaRawr!
03-13-2008, 12:10 AM
All right.

ljkkjlcm9
03-13-2008, 01:25 AM
I'm playing Kentarou, and his mastery of items is killing me at times (but he does run away most of the time >.>)

sorry about aborting that last match, I can't/refuse to play with that sort of lag

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
03-13-2008, 02:11 AM
Bah, I felt like I was doing terribly. It was awful when 3 people got in, though. The game was basically in slow-mo, and there was still button-delay. Just impossible.

I felt like I did pretty nicely with Snake, but I can't use him Offline very well. The way Online and Offline work seem so different, it's like my best characters change entirely.

Anyway, nice matches, Jackal. It was good while it lasted. :p

ljkkjlcm9
03-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Bah, I felt like I was doing terribly. It was awful when 3 people got in, though. The game was basically in slow-mo, and there was still button-delay. Just impossible.

I felt like I did pretty nicely with Snake, but I can't use him Offline very well. The way Online and Offline work seem so different, it's like my best characters change entirely.

Anyway, nice matches, Jackal. It was good while it lasted. :p

online is very different. I was unware that Snake could use his Down B in the air, so it took me a lil while to catch onto that. When 3 people got in, I had to get out, that lag was horrible so I aborted lol.

You definitely seemed to just be standing back most of the time, I was completely unaware as to what you were doing lol
One thing I can say is, you have some good strategies with some items, but come on, walking fire flower off the stage >.>

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
03-13-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm sorry. The Fire Flower thing was just too good to resist. :p

ljkkjlcm9
03-13-2008, 02:22 AM
I'm sorry. The Fire Flower thing was just too good to resist. :p

I kept trying to use my reflector, but it wasn't activating!
Anyways, I'm online looking for someone to do a 100 man brawl just for kicks and giggles
which on another note, I realized today that you need to clear the 100 man brawl with everyone to get a trophy >.>

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
03-13-2008, 02:22 AM
I'll join you on that. I want to see how that works out. :p

Edit: We really need a way to tell people when we accidentally put a mine next to them. >_>

NeoCracker
03-13-2008, 02:25 AM
I was definately doing better this time around. I seem to be getting better with Ike and Bowser as well.

ljkkjlcm9
03-13-2008, 02:42 AM
I'll join you on that. I want to see how that works out. :p

Edit: We really need a way to tell people when we accidentally put a mine next to them. >_>

OMG, last friggin enemy...

well at least we got it the next time!

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
03-13-2008, 02:43 AM
4th time's the charm, though I totally screwed up the first two. Ramming into a bomb, pummeling a nuke, etc.

ljkkjlcm9
03-13-2008, 02:58 AM
hey, if anyone wants to be able to trade stages and etc we need Wii system friend codes
Mine is:
8719-7930-7594-9318

on another note, I've been spectator to a bunch of matches, and it seems everyone either picks final destination, or the Bridge of Eldin

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
03-13-2008, 04:01 AM
I ended up with Final Destination each time I did the spectator as well.

KentaRawr!
03-13-2008, 04:02 AM
Wii System Codes? Ridiculous! >=O

Oh well. Here's mine: 8813-2129-0969-6337

I've made a ton of stages, and I do so like a few of them. I'd love to see everyone else's, too, so tell me if you want to trade stages.

NeoCracker
03-13-2008, 04:04 AM
I've made one stage made to be playing in, and aren't all of our codes in the Wii thread anyway?

KentaRawr!
03-13-2008, 04:09 AM
That's true, but we're all lazy.

Skyblade
03-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Yeah, it's been out a couple days now, but I wasn't able to post, so I couldn't cry out in glee till now. This game is glorious. Subspace Emmissary alone was worth the cost of the game.

My favorite vid is probably The Great Invasion. When the Halberd finally falls, and out come the four ships: Arwing, Hunter class Gunship, Falcon Flyer, and Olimar's little putterer. And then Kirby comes in on the Dragoon and takes out Vegnagun (sorry, I beat X-2 only a couple weeks ago, and that thing just reminded me of it alot) in one hit. Overpowered much? :D

The Masterpieces are a little disappointing. They're fun, but they're too short to get much of a feel for the games at all. But they're an extra add on anyway, so I don't much mind.

Roto13
03-13-2008, 11:46 PM
I finally got my hands on a copy. My husband found it for me. How sweet is that?

SSE is pretty lame so far. It's like Adventure mode in Melee only fewer actual standard battles. I'm really only playing through it because it's the easiest way to unlock characters.

Aside from that, though, I love everything. :P I'm finding Pit pretty fun to play as, especially.

KentaRawr!
03-14-2008, 12:11 AM
I finally got my hands on a copy. My husband found it for me. How sweet is that?

SSE is pretty lame so far. It's like Adventure mode in Melee only fewer actual standard battles. I'm really only playing through it because it's the easiest way to unlock characters.

Aside from that, though, I love everything. :P I'm finding Pit pretty fun to play as, especially.

Want to have an Online Match sometime? :p

Evastio
03-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Sheesh, everyone loves hating on the Subspace Emissary don't they? I thought for sure people would find it as (if not more) fun as Kirby's Dream Land 3 or The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords seeing as how it's a multiplayer Adventure Game.

Well, I guess as great a game as Brawl may be it can't be perfect and live up to everyone's expectations. Like how I was hoping they'd use some (http://youtube.com/watch?v=0i_wKs31Tyo&feature=related) Pokemon (http://youtube.com/watch?v=2y9p2Qi5QAI&feature=related) XD (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZLbVzw6i6Kw&feature=related)/Coliseum (http://youtube.com/watch?v=y9xBAAU5n8w&feature=related) music (http://youtube.com/watch?v=WuhqoZvyntA&feature=related) or at least had some references to those game like trophies or stickers or something. :mad:

I don't see why they'd make a Pokemon Snap related trophy in Melee but not one that's Pokemon XD/Coliseum related in Brawl.

NeoCracker
03-14-2008, 12:44 AM
What are you talking about Evastio? Sure they don't like Subspace Emissary, but the game itself definately lives up to the expectations.
It's fun as hell.

And I'm thinking my best three characters now are Ike, Bowser, and Metaknight.

I Took the Red Pill
03-14-2008, 12:46 AM
What are you talking about Evastio? Sure they don't like Subspace Emissary, but the game itself definately lives up to the expectations.
It's fun as hell.

And I'm thinking my best three characters now are Ike, Bowser, and Metaknight.Yes.

The Legend of Zelda: Four SwordsSubspace Emissary pales in comparison to the Four Swords Adventure.

Evastio
03-14-2008, 12:55 AM
It's fun as hell.

And I'm thinking my best three characters now are Ike, Bowser, and Metaknight.
At first I thought you talking about me wanting references to Pokemon XD/Coliseum until I fully read the rest of your post.

Well, not everyone here hates the SSE although quite a few members do. But if you check the Brawl (http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=11522) Central (http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=11080) Forums (http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7738&start=0) you'll see what I mean. Sure not all of them hate it but there's enough people that hate it to make a lot of threads about it. :(

I Took the Red Pill
03-14-2008, 01:02 AM
I'd expect the more hardcore Smashers to dislike it. It's a lot different than Melee, and is going to be especially different for people who have scrutinized every technical aspect of Melee only to find a vastly different feel to Brawl. A large number of their advanced techs have been completely omitted. Wavedashing, for example. So that's no big surprise.

KentaRawr!
03-14-2008, 01:04 AM
I got addicted to the coin launcher yesterday. I had 9999 coins, and left with around 8200, with 100 or so trophies and 52 stickers. :3

Leen-Leen
03-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Yesssss!!! I got it, I finally got it!! xD

Here's my friend code: 1461-5951-4894 .

Okay, now I'll actually start playing it, I've been telling everyone I know who has this game my friend code so we could battle. xD

EDIT: Oops, I entered it wrong D:

KentaRawr!
03-14-2008, 01:11 AM
I'm now registering you on my friends list. :D

NeoCracker
03-14-2008, 01:18 AM
It's telling me Leen-leens is incorrect. :(

Leen-Leen
03-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Oops, sorry, I entered it wrong, but it should be all right now. xD

Anyways, this is really fun xD I thought I wouldn't be using any of the new characters, but Pit and Ike are starting to become one of my main characters ... :p

Evastio
03-14-2008, 02:32 AM
I'd expect the more hardcore Smashers to dislike it. It's a lot different than Melee, and is going to be especially different for people who have scrutinized every technical aspect of Melee only to find a vastly different feel to Brawl. A large number of their advanced techs have been completely omitted. Wavedashing, for example. So that's no big surprise.
I'm actually glad about that. I've never liked how MLG players were obsessed with tiers, wavedashing, L-cancelling, and stuff. I mean why make the game so much more complicated if you're already having fun with it? That's just me though. I play the game just how Nintendo meant for it to be played.

On a random note, if we ever face Carlos Mencia on Wi-Fi we'll know what his main will be:
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/138/9/b/King_DeeDeeDee_by_testzero.jpg

Monol
03-14-2008, 03:07 AM
O_o .....What?

Roto13
03-14-2008, 03:10 AM
Kentarou: Let's give it a try tomorrow. xP

Evastio
03-14-2008, 03:12 AM
...yeah. I don't know who Carlos Mencia is either. :/

I just found that on Brawl Central and decided to post it here. Apparently, one of his favourite things to say is de day de or de de de or something and that's why they joked about him on Brawl Central. Whether you know who he is or not you have to admit that picture is funny. :D

...although it might be somewhat insulting to him.

ljkkjlcm9
03-14-2008, 04:33 AM
yes, carlos mencia, instead of saying dumb, will say DE DE DE.

Anyways, I enjoyed SSE. People have to realize the game is built around a multiplayer system. To have a single player adventure at all is quite a feat. So given the circumstances, I thought it was quite good. People need to realize it's a multiplayer game, with single player added. It's not meant to be a single player game.

On another note, I find I'm enjoying most of the new characters more than the old ones. I do enjoy the old ones, but some of my favorites are the new ones, the likes of Wolf, Lucario, Pit, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus. Granted I enjoy some of the older characters, but Wolf is my favorite, and I enjoy using Zero Suit Samus too. Lucario hasn't suited my fancy as much as I expected though I still enjoy him.

THE JACKEL

Monol
03-14-2008, 04:36 AM
Hey for the record everyone...i plan on playing this game tons so i should be online quite a bit. Just throwing myself outthere as a fairly reliable online canidate for online play ;)

Things are a bit laggy but fun non the less so dont be shy about brawlin ya? :D

ljkkjlcm9
03-14-2008, 05:32 AM
I'm actually designing a bunch of levels lol

I have a castle main hall, castle tower, dungeon, prison.... and that's just one on going theme.

Then I have the flying circus, which has the spinning thing in the middle, a bunch of the falling blocks, and moving platforms everywhere lol

THE JACKEL

Monol
03-14-2008, 06:17 AM
Jackel you gonna be online later? I thirst vengence ;)

On that note did anyone else randomly get an apple trophy? I just got it for starting my game so i wasnt sure if this was sent through the wii or some sort of hour thing for brawl...just curious cause its not like i mind or anything (apples rock yah?)

ljkkjlcm9
03-14-2008, 06:41 AM
JACKAL you gonna be online later? I thirst vengence ;)

On that note did anyone else randomly get an apple trophy? I just got it for starting my game so i wasnt sure if this was sent through the wii or some sort of hour thing for brawl...just curious cause its not like i mind or anything (apples rock yah?)

I remember getting an apple trophy as an accomplishment thingy, and I'm taking a break from smash and trying out my FF:CC Ring of Fates DS, which I am currently pleased with!

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
03-14-2008, 07:16 AM
I play the game just how Nintendo meant for it to be played.

That's foolishness. You should play the game however you want to, and not judge other people's playstyles. :p

Roto13
03-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Pretty much every joke he's ever told has been stolen from another comic and ruined. Don't worry about insulting him. xP

People have to realize the game is built around a multiplayer system. To have a single player adventure at all is quite a feat. So given the circumstances, I thought it was quite good. People need to realize it's a multiplayer game, with single player added. It's not meant to be a single player game.
Then maybe they shouldn't have put so much effort into something so hopeless and made some more characters and stages instead. Or released it earlier. Turning a fantastic multiplayer fighting game into an awkward platformer/beat-em-up isn't really something to be proud of.

ljkkjlcm9
03-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Pretty much every joke he's ever told has been stolen from another comic and ruined. Don't worry about insulting him. xP

People have to realize the game is built around a multiplayer system. To have a single player adventure at all is quite a feat. So given the circumstances, I thought it was quite good. People need to realize it's a multiplayer game, with single player added. It's not meant to be a single player game.
Then maybe they shouldn't have put so much effort into something so hopeless and made some more characters and stages instead. Or released it earlier. Turning a fantastic multiplayer fighting game into an awkward platformer/beat-em-up isn't really something to be proud of.
it really didn't feel that awkward to me. It reminded me very much of a kirby game. I honestly don't see what people are saying sucks so much about it

THE JACKEL

Momiji
03-14-2008, 05:50 PM

Good, I could never master that anyway! :sweat:

Roto13
03-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Because it does suck so much and doesn't work nearly as well as Kirby.

Also, friend code. Add me, peoples.

1032-0980-8525

KentaRawr!
03-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Your opinion is invalid, Roto. :3

Anyway, I'll add you a bit later.

Zeldy
03-14-2008, 10:00 PM

qft.

I hate you all :(

When we finally get it over here (June, I think) I'll happily beat some of you. Super smash bros is one of the only games that I can thrash my older brother at, I thrashed all his mates too, I was about 12.

ljkkjlcm9
03-14-2008, 11:07 PM
I really hope they fix the lag on the online battles. Sometimes it's not very noticeable, but at other times it's horrid. And apparently, the further the distance the worse it is. So our Euro friends, it may be quite hard to actually hold a decent match with you!

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
03-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Oh, Neo, remember that match where Pit joined in yesterday? Sorry we left. Nano (Pit) was getting upset because items were on, so he left the game a touch early, and since we were on the same Wii, I had to follow.

Monol
03-14-2008, 11:27 PM
I dont know...i had some fights with a buddy of mine and the matches were pretty smooth. The thing is though he is in north carolina right now. However matches with some of my buddys in PA seem to be lagging...i dont know whats up but hopfully its fixed soon.

Also somthing i found interesting to elimimate alot of lag try port forwarding your wii... have no idea what exactly this so dont ask me how it works. Just somthing i heard that could help i guess :p

KentaRawr!
03-15-2008, 12:00 AM
I've heard that turning off the firewall on your Router and upgrading the firmware on your router help lots.

ljkkjlcm9
03-15-2008, 01:05 AM
my friend and I beat event 21 co-op on hard today the cheapest way possible. We were both Snake and sat under the center platform, alternating launching the mortar bombs or whatever... and we'd kill every one of them as they appeared. It was pretty funny/awesome!

THE JACKEL

Leen-Leen
03-15-2008, 01:06 AM
Because it does suck so much and doesn't work nearly as well as Kirby.

Also, friend code. Add me, peoples.

1032-0980-8525

I added you! :jess:

If anyone else wants to do some brawlin', PM ME xD

Markus. D
03-15-2008, 02:18 AM
I want this game soooo badly.

Roto13
03-15-2008, 02:44 AM
I love that they send you a new stage, video, and picture every day. That's such a great idea!

Monol
03-15-2008, 04:03 AM
How exactly does that work? Cause I accpeted that policy thing they had on the online mode but im not getting anything...

Im kind of new to actually using the Wii so anyone wanna shed some light here?

Roto13
03-15-2008, 04:42 AM
Go to your Wii settings and make sure Wii Connect 24 is on, then go to your Wi-Fi settings in Brawl and make sure you've turned on receiving featured stuff. I forget what it's called.

Also, I haven't tried this (http://supersmashbros.ign.com/stages/) yet, but I'm definitely going to.

KentaRawr!
03-15-2008, 05:20 AM
IGN's Smash Bros. Page was bound to exist. I'm glad it came into existence on a site that was already popular, and probably will be alive for a long time.

I'm definitely going to use that if I ever get an SD card. :3 And I'm definitely submitting my created stages.

Roto13
03-15-2008, 05:36 AM
You can send your stages to me, I'll put them on my SD card, and send them to you. :bigsmile:

More (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMIjozM_ssM) secret (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL90fzCstUg) taunts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mcGc2YiHms). I think Monol needs to watch these. xP

KentaRawr!
03-15-2008, 05:51 AM
Would you really? Thanks! :3

Roto13
03-15-2008, 05:54 AM
No problem. :P

KentaRawr!
03-15-2008, 06:05 AM
Now I'm going to be a bit quicker to add you, for sure. :p

Monol
03-15-2008, 06:52 AM
"What are you two thinking? I'm the only one who can come through in a fight like this"

Best quote in the game so far and this level now ranks as one of my favs.

Krystal for eva!! *shakes fist's to the heavens*

But ivysaur will do for now :)

KentaRawr!
03-15-2008, 07:00 AM
No, no. The best line in the game is this:

"Falcon Kyick." - Otacon

ljkkjlcm9
03-15-2008, 07:29 AM
meh, I have an SD card, but i don't care about downloading or uploading stages, it's not really necessary. A good picture of a stage, and you can just build it yourself. Like the stages we get daily, if I like it, I can just build it again. Either way, they still won't be as awesome as some of the new stages we got.

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
03-15-2008, 07:37 AM
That's true, but we're all lazy. :p

Roto13
03-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Why recreate stages you see online when you can just download them? Sounds like a lot of pointless work.

Avarice-ness
03-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Dude! You guys my three year old neice beat both her father and her sister in SSBB, and then she beat a boss and unlocked a character. And they seriously tried.

I love my gaming prodigy of a neice.

Either way, I'LL TALK ABOUT THIS WHEN I PLAY IT LATER AT MY SISTERS HOUSE.

ljkkjlcm9
03-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Why recreate stages you see online when you can just download them? Sounds like a lot of pointless work.

because it takes about 2 seconds to recreate a stage. Maybe to you moving a few blocks on a screen is pointless work, but to me going to a website, taking my SD card out of my Wii, putting it into my computer, downloading a file, is pointless work to me.

THE JACKEL

Roto13
03-15-2008, 05:56 PM
2 seconds? Yeah, take a video of yourself recreating yesterdays featured stage in two seconds. Have fun with that.

KentaRawr!
03-15-2008, 05:57 PM
That really depends on how many stages you want to download, though. :3

ljkkjlcm9
03-15-2008, 08:28 PM
2 seconds? Yeah, take a video of yourself recreating yesterdays featured stage in two seconds. Have fun with that.

wasn't yesterday's featured stage just the one with all the little platforms in a cone like shape. That seriously would take like 2 seconds lol
todays stage would also be really easy to make, it only has 2 different pieces

THE JACKEL

Roto13
03-15-2008, 08:57 PM
So you go ahead and rebuild it and in the meantime I'll download 20 stages and stick 'em on my SD card in like two minutes. :monster:

Rase
03-15-2008, 09:04 PM
I doubt I'll add or play any of you at the moment, due to lack of skill and crappy school internet. I'll stay content with beating friends in the same room. :)

Anyway, I'm really digging the game. I think Ike, DeDeDe, Wolf and Wario are my favorite fighters this time around, though a lot of people are fun to play with. I'm in the camp that can't use Snake, but I have two friends who are quite good with him. Same can be said about Diddy and Olimar.

Roto13
03-15-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm liking Snake so far. He's slow and strong, but not so slow that I find him impossible to use like Ganondorf. I guess I can say the same thing about Ike. :P

Leen-Leen
03-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Ike's awesome and all, but he's just too slow for me to use. I don't like using slow characters xD

ljkkjlcm9
03-15-2008, 10:21 PM
most of the stages I've seen on that website, or from the daily download have not impressed me, at all. None have been anything that I was like... oh must have! The stages they gave us are far cooler anyways, it'd be one thing if I could make like, destructible floors.

As for the slow characters... I really don't like them. Ike is about all I even dare to use of the slow characters, and that's just because I like him from Fire Emblem so much.

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
03-15-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm okay with King DeDeDe, and I really like Snake. Lucario is a bit on the slow side, too, and I'm doing pretty well with him. But faster characters like Squirtle are the bestest.

XxSephirothxX
03-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Snake and Ike are both absolute fucking monstrous killing machines.

JKTrix
03-16-2008, 02:40 AM
http://i30.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/6oneb7.jpg
It's Saturday. Have you been to Smashville today?

Roto13
03-16-2008, 02:43 AM
I have, actually. :P I took a picture and everything. I need to remember that site that converts the picture files to JPEGs.

Momiji
03-16-2008, 03:17 AM
YAAAAAAY I finally got it and it's amazing!

Momi~ --- 4940-5219-3394

Add me! :D

Note: I use Pit, Meta Knight, and Marth most often.

Avarice-ness
03-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Meta-Knight for the win!

So, as I said earlier about my three year old neice that can beat everyone.

Apparently, My neice has figured out the button cominations to ALL of Peach's special moves including Final Smash, which is VERY annoying because we usually don't attack her (because come on, she's three) but she'll do it and go "=D Sleep~" and then we're all down sleeping while she goes after and kills us.

May have been an embarassing... defeat...s. But I'm so proud of my neice 'cause she's like a little rainman for video games. :love:

Roto13
03-16-2008, 07:06 PM
I discovered something about Snake's special taunts on the Shadow Moses stage. If he dies in the middle of the codec conversation, whoever is on the other line does their "Snake, what's happening? Snake?! SNAAAAAAKE!!!!" thing. xD

Little Al
03-16-2008, 08:19 PM
1633-3860-7006 My friend code.

As for the charries I use, Ike's my main man. And the two Links as well. Because baby likes him some Omnislash-type attacks. (Although that's not the MAIN reason.) I also use Wolf O' Donnel, Pit, Prince Marth of Altea, Throw in a little Sonic into the mix, Be a spy with *takes a moment* Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!

Yep those charries I most likely use. (The order may change to spice things up.)

qwertysaur
03-16-2008, 08:36 PM
I like to use Pit, Pokemon trainer and Sonic the most. They are all fun to use though. :p

Evastio
03-17-2008, 02:33 AM
Here's a little something I made. It's a Smash Roster for all of the Nintendo characters (and Bill Cosby) that didn't make it in Brawl (except for Dr. Mario and Young Link since they're practically the same thing as Mario and Link).

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii157/Kyudi/SSO.png

Some of these I'm really serious about (like Gooey, K. Rool, and Krystal) while others are there to kill space (like Marx).

KentaRawr!
03-17-2008, 04:01 AM
That can't be ALL of them. After all, there's over 400 Pokemon they didn't use. :p

ljkkjlcm9
03-17-2008, 04:30 AM
That can't be ALL of them. After all, there's over 400 Pokemon they didn't use. :p

they don't have a "space pirate" character either, which are samus's typical enemy.

THE JACKEL

Rase
03-17-2008, 05:54 AM
Your lack of EBA characters makes me sad.

Roto13
03-17-2008, 06:31 AM
I was going to post that they'd only really be good as an assist trophy, but now that I think about it, I really wanna dance across my opponent's face.

Skyblade
03-17-2008, 08:02 PM
I discovered something about Snake's special taunts on the Shadow Moses stage. If he dies in the middle of the codec conversation, whoever is on the other line does their "Snake, what's happening? Snake?! SNAAAAAAKE!!!!" thing. xD

So what happens if one of the Snakes dies in the two Snake conversation? Is it the one talking in the codec that dies, or the "imposter"?

Anyway, Subspace Emissary does have quite a different feel to the standard brawls, but I still like it. I enjoy 2-D platformers, and the Kirby series especially, and Subspace Emissary reminds me a lot of Kirby Superstar (except Kirby can't swallow SSE enemies, his inhale just stuns and damages instead, for some idiotic reason). The combat is different, but still fun, especially developing co-op strategies to take out those annoying enemies.

Stage builder is fun, though I wish it gave you more options. I've collected all the parts, but I don't see anyway to make a grounded stage or a multi-tiered one, which is disappointing, but what you can do is great.

Anyway, still looking for a LAN adapter, but after I get one I'll get my friend code out here and let you guys beat me up.

Little Al
03-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Here's a little something I made. It's a Smash Roster for all of the Nintendo characters (and Bill Cosby) that didn't make it in Brawl (except for Dr. Mario and Young Link since they're practically the same thing as Mario and Link).

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii157/Kyudi/SSO.png

Some of these I'm really serious about (like Gooey, K. Rool, and Krystal) while others are there to kill space (like Marx).Hmmm. Nice! :) That just reminded me of something. My sig contains two characters I wanted to see in Brawl, but didn't make the list. (Sephy was pretty obvious. As they only allowed TWO third-party characters. Anyone who was hoping for Cloud to be in Brawl pretty much was expecting the same. As soon as I heard that, then I worked toward a plan B, which was Idun. But then again She would'ave probably made it as an assist trophy.) But then again, I personally don't care. (Would have been nice though. But it just didn't happen.)

ljkkjlcm9
03-17-2008, 09:28 PM
firstly FF has not been on Nintendo since FFVI, so Cloud or Sephiroth had 0 chance of being in the game. Next, I have no idea who Idun is, unless you mean from Norse Mythology.

I think Geno would've been the best other character to add. Other than that, I'd actually liked to have seen another F-Zero racer. Either that or a different type of character from Fire Emblem. Like a lance, axe, dagger, or magic user. Ephraim, Hector, Sothe(or Volke), or Micaiah would've been good for each weapon respectively.

NEW TOPIC:
Has anyone done the target tests... if so what's your fastest time on the 5th one? Solo I mean. I just topped my previous best with Fox!

THE JACKEL

Roto13
03-17-2008, 10:38 PM
I think my best on number 5 is 28 seconds. Meta Knight.

Little Al
03-17-2008, 11:51 PM
firstly FF has not been on Nintendo since FFVI, so Cloud or Sephiroth had 0 chance of being in the game. Next, I have no idea who Idun is, unless you mean from Norse Mythology.

I think Geno would've been the best other character to add. Other than that, I'd actually liked to have seen another F-Zero racer. Either that or a different type of character from Fire Emblem. Like a lance, axe, dagger, or magic user. Ephraim, Hector, Sothe(or Volke), or Micaiah would've been good for each weapon respectively.

NEW TOPIC:
Has anyone done the target tests... if so what's your fastest time on the 5th one? Solo I mean. I just topped my previous best with Fox!

THE JACKAL

The Demon Dragon girl from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade is who I mean by Idun. Also, that thing with Cloud having zero chance of being in Brawl is not true as he appeared in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (which was on GBA btw).

P.S. If you still don't know what Idun (from FE: The Binding Blade) looks like, direct your eyes on my sig.

Momiji
03-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Roto beat me.

I want a rematch, dammit. I found out I'm better with Lucas now, even over Pit.

Snake and Sonic seem really out of place in the game. Well, mostly Sonic. Why'd they have to use non-Nintendo characters when there are plenty of unused Nintendo characters? I mean, I would have liked to see some more EarthBound characters or something-- Paula or Jeff at least. :(

Roto13
03-18-2008, 12:40 AM
You and Evastio can get a room.

Momiji
03-18-2008, 12:42 AM

I never said I didn't like them in the game-- I just think they seem out of place, and I just don't like Sonic, and I never have really. Snake would be awesome if he wasn't so damn slow. :mad:

XxSephirothxX
03-18-2008, 12:50 AM
How the fuck is Sonic more out of place than Snake? That doesn't make any sense.

Roto13
03-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Snake is a power house and Sonic kicks (or kicked ;-;) ass. xP

ANYHOO

I was fighting Sonic in All Star mode a minute ago and I saw this.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/5c368802ba23e56c.jpg

That is neither Tails nor Knuckles in the background. Is that Silver? I wonder if anyone else shows up in the loop.

Monol
03-18-2008, 01:46 AM
On the Dojo it is said that tails, knuckles and silver appear on the loop.
Maybe more characters show up though...that'd be neat. Kind of like a spear pillar effect (where not just palkia and dialgia show up).

Also ive learned some techniques to eliminate some lag for my online matches. Just throwing this out there ;) so if anyones down to boggy anytime just PM yo.

Im so hip ^_^

XxSephirothxX
03-18-2008, 01:51 AM
Pretty sure Shadow shows up, as well.

qwertysaur
03-18-2008, 01:52 AM
Shadow is an assist trophy.

Roto13
03-18-2008, 02:22 AM
I still don't have, like, any secret stages that don't come with characters. xP

ljkkjlcm9
03-18-2008, 02:25 AM

my number 5 is 17.9 seconds or something. I topped my last time of 19.7 seconds or whatever. I'm gonna keep submitting it to Nintendo, until they send me a replay of someone doing it faster lol

THE JACKEL

Roto13
03-18-2008, 02:43 AM
There isn't nearly enough screenshot posting in this thread.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Smash%20Bros%20Brawl%20Screenshots/1707d7632fbd371f.jpg

Momiji
03-18-2008, 02:51 AM
How the smurf is Sonic more out of place than Snake? That doesn't make any sense.

Metal Gear originated on the NES. Sonic didn't.

Roto13
03-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Metal Gear did not originate on the NES. It originated on the MSX2.

Momiji
03-18-2008, 03:29 AM
Metal Gear did not originate on the NES. It originated on the MSX2.

Really? I could have sworn otherwise. Oh well, I'm wrong. Sorry~

Evastio
03-18-2008, 03:44 AM
Well Nintendo can't really have all 493 Pokemon as characters. That's more what Pokemon Battle Revolution is about.

they don't have a "space pirate" character either, which are samus's typical enemy.
Yeah... Well, I would've stuck Ridley and Pokey in there if they weren't already bosses. It'd be a little weird if Ridley could face itself as a boss. Same with Pokey.

I'm not really familiar with the Elite Beat Agents. Besides, I'm against 3rd Party characters (except for Bill Cosby and I'm not actually that serious about wanting him as a playable character).

What's so wrong with wanting the Smash Bros. series to stay Nintendo only?

Roto13
03-18-2008, 04:19 AM
I'm not really familiar with the Elite Beat Agents. Besides, I'm against 3rd Party characters (except for Bill Cosby and I'm not actually that serious about wanting him as a playable character).

The Elite Beat Agents are first party. They're in the game as stickers and trophies already. :P

What's so wrong with wanting the Smash Bros. series to stay Nintendo only?

More like what's wrong with not wanting to limit the game to characters from a specific company and having more freedom to use other characters? If Snake and Sonic had been made by Nintendo, neither of you would have a problem with them, and that's just dumb.

ljkkjlcm9
03-18-2008, 04:22 AM
meh, you people sound like Snake.

Get Snake and Sonic, and watch the Codec. That's pretty much how people are sounding. lol

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
03-18-2008, 05:45 PM
I like Snake. Air Bombing is awesomesauce, and that's all there is to it! :monster:

Monol
03-18-2008, 05:54 PM
I like ivysaur many lots. His bullet seed is like godly :D

KentaRawr!
03-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Especially if there's a platform above you and your opponent. :p

Roto13
03-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Bullet Seed is the ultimate weapon against Master Hand. xD

my number 5 is 17.9 seconds or something. I topped my last time of 19.7 seconds or whatever. I'm gonna keep submitting it to Nintendo, until they send me a replay of someone doing it faster lol

I guess you can stop now.

EDIT: Speaking of stuff people submitted, has anyone tried todays stage? It's pretty cool. Weird swerving lines of moving platforms. :P

Roogle
03-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Dude! You guys my three year old neice beat both her father and her sister in SSBB, and then she beat a boss and unlocked a character. And they seriously tried.

I love my gaming prodigy of a neice.

Either way, I'LL TALK ABOUT THIS WHEN I PLAY IT LATER AT MY SISTERS HOUSE.

That is very good news! It is important to note video game achievements like that because they reflect the cognitive growth of a young child. I think that her gift and affinity towards technology should be nurtured, and you should encourage your sister to nurture that gift, too.

Momiji
03-19-2008, 01:21 AM

EDIT: Speaking of stuff people submitted, has anyone tried todays stage? It's pretty cool. Weird swerving lines of moving platforms. :P

Yeah, but I liked yesterday's, the one emulating the LoLoLo and LaLaLa stages. I made 2 new ones today, and they're awesome. I should submit them! ^_^

NeoCracker
03-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Lucas's lighting does quite nice Against master hand too, since you can keep smacking him with it over and over until it runs out, unlike NEss's.

Momiji
03-19-2008, 01:30 AM
Lucas's lighting does quite nice Against master hand too, since you can keep smacking him with it over and over until it runs out, unlike NEss's.

Or you could use Lucas' up smash attack, which is pretty effective, then the jump attack, down midair smash attack on him.

Skyblade
03-19-2008, 01:34 AM
Lucario's aerial down works fairly nicely too.

So, what are your guy's strategies for the multiman brawls? I used the cliffhanger suicide to clear the 5 kills for Cruel Brawl, but I'm having a lot of trouble concentrating and surviving for the full fifteen minute brawl. It takes too long. :(

KentaRawr!
03-19-2008, 01:48 AM
My best strategy for beating Master Hand is using 1% of my controlled brain. :monster:

NeoCracker
03-19-2008, 02:16 AM

Or you could use Lucas' up smash attack, which is pretty effective, then the jump attack, down midair smash attack on him.

But, but at times I like to keep my distance, as Lucas has a pretty sucky first jump, and his second takes a bit before it goes off, so if MH does the slap, it's much easier to avoid it at a distance then right next to it.

Monol
03-19-2008, 02:59 AM
Get charizard and use rock smash O_O You havent seen easy unless you've done this.

Boss battles mode....two charizards = win everytime :D

Evastio
03-19-2008, 03:23 AM
More like what's wrong with not wanting to limit the game to characters from a specific company and having more freedom to use other characters? If Snake and Sonic had been made by Nintendo, neither of you would have a problem with them.
Exactly. The Smash Bros series is one of those games where a lot of different characters show up. However, they're all Nintendo. There's a whole bunch of other companies that mixed up a lot of their game series in one game like Konami with Konami Krazy Racers, Sega with Sega Superstar Tennis, Marvel and Capcom with Marvel vs. Capcom, and other games like that. You don't see Crash Bandicoot in Sega Superstar Tennis, Bomberman in Konami Krazy Racers, or Simon Belmont in Marvel vs. Capcom do you? If you're going to argue that Marvel vs. Capcom have different characters from those two game companies in the same game that's because that's always been what the game was supposed to be about. The Smash Bros. series was originally supposed to be Nintendo characters facing each other. What's so wrong with changing it to other companies as well? They should've done that with the first game if they're planning to do that at all since it'd just dissappoint the people that really enjoyed how the game was Nintendo only. You have to admit that having the majority of the characters in Brawl being Sega or Konami characters would kill off the feel that the other two games had right? Especially if they kicked out all of your favourite Nintendo characters in favour of third party characters just because of some annoying fan demands...

Roto13
03-19-2008, 04:56 AM
If your favourite Nintendo character isn't in Smash Bros., your favourite Nintendo character is really obscure and replacing Snake and Sonic with two Nintendo characters probably wouldn't help that. A game about various video game characters fighting each other is about a zillion times more awesome than various characters from one company fighting each other.

And yes, if Sega Superstar Tennis had Mario in it, that'd be fine with me.

It's been two freaking years since Snake was confirmed for Brawl. People get over death faster than that.

Skyblade
03-19-2008, 05:10 AM
You have to admit that having the majority of the characters in Brawl being Sega or Konami characters would kill off the feel that the other two games had right? Especially if they kicked out all of your favourite Nintendo characters in favour of third party characters just because of some annoying fan demands...

Doubtful. No matter how many third party characters get added in, Nintendo is still running it, and I find it highly unlikely that they'd let their works get totally outdone by third party groups.

Second, they didn't kick out characters to make room for third party characters, they kicked out a boring retread and a couple unbalanced characters. Doctor Mario should never have been in. He was a pathetic excuse for a character, being essentially a carbon copy of Mario. Pichu was too broken to play. And Mewtwo got rebalanced into Lucario. You want more Nintendo characters in there? Fine, we've got a couple hundred Fire Emblem characters and Pokemon to go through, who cares that 90% of them would play identically. They put a lot of thought and effort into all the characters that went into it and I'm sorry if your favorites didn't get into it but I highly doubt that Krystal would have made it in had Snake and Sonic been pulled. Nintendo wanted the game to be fun and appealing for the most people possible, and I think they did just that. Nintendo has thousands, if not millions, of characters, and the vast majority of them had no chance of making it in. Yeah, some of my favorite characters were left out too, but I prefer to just enjoy what we have rather than whine about what isn't there.

ljkkjlcm9
03-19-2008, 05:20 AM

actually my wireless internets was down today, you'll have to inform me what I missed?

THE JACKEL

Roto13
03-19-2008, 06:03 AM
Pit doing Target Smash 5 in like 16 seconds.

ljkkjlcm9
03-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Lucario's aerial down works fairly nicely too.

So, what are your guy's strategies for the multiman brawls? I used the cliffhanger suicide to clear the 5 kills for Cruel Brawl, but I'm having a lot of trouble concentrating and surviving for the full fifteen minute brawl. It takes too long. :(

you actually need 10 in cruel brawl to get a sticker. I used Pit and got like 18 of them to kill themself before I finally died.

As for the fifteen minute brawl, try two people? My friend and I did it, we were both Donkey Kong... down+B for 15 minutes lol.

the thing that I realized going through the challenges or whatever, is that you have to clear 100 man brawl with every character to get a trophy. I really, really don't want to do that, as there are some characters I despise.

as for Master Hand, he's pretty obvious with what moves he's going to do. I basically do all aerial attacks, and dodge. I can basically do it without getting hit, unless Crazy Hand is there too. Them combined is a pain. Each alone is easy.

THE JACKEL

Rase
03-19-2008, 02:42 PM
All I have to say about the challenges is thank goodness for those golden hammers. I've already found two I know I will never be able to get through.

Roto13
03-19-2008, 02:50 PM
How many hammers are in the game? I have three so far.

Skyblade
03-19-2008, 02:50 PM

5, I believe.

ljkkjlcm9
03-19-2008, 07:20 PM

5, I believe.

there are 5, I currently have 4, and get the last one from playing like 50 hours of multiplayer brawl or something.

I don't plan on using any of them, except maybe 1 for everyone on 100 man melee. I can do everything else. Though I came up with the idea that if a character sucks at 100 man melee, get a friend and pair them with someone good to do it with.

THE JACKEL

Skyblade
03-19-2008, 07:46 PM

5, I believe.

there are 5, I currently have 4, and get the last one from playing like 50 hours of multiplayer brawl or something.

I don't plan on using any of them, except maybe 1 for everyone on 100 man melee. I can do everything else. Though I came up with the idea that if a character sucks at 100 man melee, get a friend and pair them with someone good to do it with.

THE JACKAL

If you play, for example, Jigglypuff, and your partner plays Ike, and you complete 100 man, does that count as both characters completing it? What if one of you gets killed and the other wins?

ljkkjlcm9
03-19-2008, 07:51 PM

5, I believe.

THE JACKAL

If you play, for example, Jigglypuff, and your partner plays Ike, and you complete 100 man, does that count as both characters completing it? What if one of you gets killed and the other wins?

as soon as one character dies, it ends. Completing it counts as both characters completing it. Ever tried 2-player all star? That's how I beat intense, we got the final smash trophy for both characters.

THE JACKEL

Evastio
03-19-2008, 10:34 PM
If your favourite Nintendo character isn't in Smash Bros, your favourite Nintendo character is really obscure
They didn't kick out any of my favourites (Marth & Ice Climbers). I was just using that as an example of what could've happened since they're bringing 3rd party characters in Brawl.

You serious? Having a Nintendo character in a Sega only game would be really awkward...

I don't plan on using any of them, except maybe 1 for everyone on 100 man melee.
Isn't there some challenges that hammers don't work on? I think that might be one of them although I don't know that for sure.

Completing it counts as both characters completing it.
Nice. That'll make getting character trophies a lot easier and quicker.

ljkkjlcm9
03-19-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't plan on using any of them, except maybe 1 for everyone on 100 man melee.
Isn't there some challenges that hammers don't work on? I think that might be one of them although I don't know that for sure.
Of course Nintendo would do something like that. Where the only challenges you might actually want to use a hammer on, you can't... >.>

Completing it counts as both characters completing it.
Nice. That'll make getting character trophies a lot easier and quicker.

Only sad part is that you can't do co-op classic mode. Co-op All star and boss battle is wonderful though.

THE JACKEL

Roto13
03-20-2008, 12:07 AM
If your favourite Nintendo character isn't in Smash Bros, your favourite Nintendo character is really obscure
They didn't kick out any of my favourites (Marth & Ice Climbers). I was just using that as an example of what could've happened since they're bringing 3rd party characters in Brawl.

You serious? Having a Nintendo character in a Sega only game would be really awkward...

No it wouldn't. That's the whole point. It's a game where a ton of gaming icons come together to play tennis. You could put the L-shaped Tetris block in it and it wouldn't be awkward. Who cares of another company made one or two of the characters? I don't see why being from Nintendo somehow puts a character on a different level than being from any other company.

Evastio
03-20-2008, 03:29 AM
Only sad part is that you can't do co-op classic mode. Co-op All star and boss battle is wonderful though.
Yeah. It'd be really nice being able to have another person with you to help take down character teams or metal characters. At least all the other solo modes are multiplayer. Speaking of Classic Mode does anyone know the order of all of the levels for sure? I heard that Stage 2 is either Donkey Kong or Yoshi and that Stage 4 is either Earthbound or Fire Emblem.

No it wouldn't. That's the whole point. It's a game where a ton of gaming icons come together to play tennis. You could put the L-shaped Tetris block in it and it wouldn't be awkward. Who cares of another company made one or two of the characters? I don't see why being from Nintendo somehow puts a character on a different level than being from any other company.
That would explain it. You aren't really concerned with which company made which game series so you don't really mind third party characters because of that. I personally think that game companies shouldn't do that since they should stay loyal to their game series and not other game series that don't belong to them. That's just what I think though.

Roto13
03-20-2008, 04:05 AM
That would explain it. You aren't really concerned with which company made which game series so you don't really mind third party characters because of that. I personally think that game companies shouldn't do that since they should stay loyal to their game series and not other game series that don't belong to them. That's just what I think though.

Loyal? I don't think any unrepresented game series in Smash Bros. are exceptionally broken up about it. You know, not having feelings and all. One of the biggest complaints about Brawl is that some people feel like Nintendo is running out of games to reference, like a band that puts out too many Greatest Hits CDs. The bigger the pool of content to choose from, the better.

ljkkjlcm9
03-20-2008, 05:07 AM
Yeah. It'd be really nice being able to have another person with you to help take down character teams or metal characters. At least all the other solo modes are multiplayer. Speaking of Classic Mode does anyone know the order of all of the levels for sure? I heard that Stage 2 is either Donkey Kong or Yoshi and that Stage 4 is either Earthbound or Fire Emblem.

1: Link, Toon Link, Ganon, Zelda, or Sheik
2: Donkey, Diddy, or Yoshi.
3: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario, Jigglypuff, or Pikachu
4: Marth, Ike, Lucas, or Ness
Target smash = level (1=easy, 2=normal etc.)
5: Kirby, Metaknight, Dedede
6: Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar
7: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon
8: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser
9: Ice Climbers, ROB, Game+Watch, Pit
10: Snake, Sonic, Wario
Target Smash = Level +1 (2=easy, 3=normal etc)
11: Any 3 characters
12: Master Hand maybe w/ Crazy Hand

Uhm, I'm 100% on all except Pit. And not sure what happens with the targets on intense, the first is prolly still target test 4.

THE JACKEL

Skyblade
03-20-2008, 05:35 AM
I heard the first target test on Intense is level 5, but I don't know about the second.

I really dislike the changes they made to Classic mode. While I like that they ordered All-Star, I thought the old Classic structure was perfect. The new one is too rigid, and it's not as much fun to play multiple times in a row as the last time was, which means it's going to be a lot longer before I get all the trophies.

Roto13
03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
I have all of the Classic mode trophies. :P I'm working on the All Star trophies now.

ljkkjlcm9
03-20-2008, 06:55 PM
I have all of the Classic mode trophies. :P I'm working on the All Star trophies now.

what level did you beat it all on?

THE JACKEL

Roto13
03-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Hard for most of them, very hard for a few.

ljkkjlcm9
03-20-2008, 07:47 PM
so I noticed people are rarely ever online, and on top of that half of you haven't added me yet!

THE JACKEL

Roto13
03-20-2008, 09:07 PM
I just went through on Intense to see what the target stages are. They're both five. :P

Has anyone made a sticker/CD factory yet? Create a stage made almost entirely of convener belts and walls, turn off all items except Sandbags, and go nuts. They drop nothing but CDs and stickers when you pound on them. :P I got like ten CDs in ten minutes.

Skyblade
03-20-2008, 09:36 PM
I just went through on Intense to see what the target stages are. They're both five. :P

Has anyone made a sticker/CD factory yet? Create a stage made almost entirely of convener belts and walls, turn off all items except Sandbags, and go nuts. They drop nothing but CDs and stickers when you pound on them. :P I got like ten CDs in ten minutes.

I tried that. Despite pounding on five at once, only about three stickers dropped.

Roto13
03-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Were you hitting them hard enough? My first time trying I got 18 new stickers (I'm not sure how many old ones I got, but I got the notice that I had over 300 different stickers) and five CDs. Pummeling them with quick attacks doesn't work, though. Gotta hit 'em hard. :P

ljkkjlcm9
03-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Were you hitting them hard enough? My first time trying I got 18 new stickers (I'm not sure how many old ones I got, but I got the notice that I had over 300 different stickers) and five CDs. Pummeling them with quick attacks doesn't work, though. Gotta hit 'em hard. :P

I already have over like 500 stickers lol
I have most of the songs too, I'm only missing a few.

Stickers and trophies are easy to get with the coin shooter thing. 500 coins translates to about 40 stickers and 50 trophies, though some are duplicates

THE JACKEL

Roto13
03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
For some reason I don't bother to use the coin launcher a whole lot. I have like 6000 coins saved up now. xP

KentaRawr!
03-20-2008, 10:40 PM
For some reason I don't bother to use the coin launcher a whole lot. I have like 6000 coins saved up now. xP

I had 9999 saved up the first time I went, and every other time I went, and I think I've collected around 300 trophies from it. :p They can't all be new, though.

Creeping Shadow
03-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Yeah so I think I found some early screenshots of the next super smash brothers...

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5224/mariof180fv6.gif (http://imageshack.us)

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6528/mariof01gi5.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Roto13
03-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Psychic. I was actually thinking about those yesterday. More specifically, the first one with the Ice Climber with blood on his hammer. xP

ljkkjlcm9
03-22-2008, 09:29 PM
quick question

do you have to beat it with each form of a person to get their trophy. Because I didn't get the sheik trophy when I beat the game with Zelda. SO I went back through as sheik and got the sheik trophy. Basically, do I have to do Samus, and Zero Suit Samus, and all 3 pokemon?

THE JACKEL

Skyblade
03-22-2008, 09:57 PM
quick question

do you have to beat it with each form of a person to get their trophy. Because I didn't get the sheik trophy when I beat the game with Zelda. SO I went back through as sheik and got the sheik trophy. Basically, do I have to do Samus, and Zero Suit Samus, and all 3 pokemon?

THE JACKAL

Samus and Zero Suit are different. For Classic mode, each Pokemon has its own trophy, but they share a Final Smash trophy.

Momiji
03-22-2008, 10:04 PM

Not true. I figured out a different way of doing it using your stage, roto. Play as Dedede, and stand in the bottom left corner. Press A. Hold A. Pick up CDs as soon as possible and stickers when they accumulate. I got around 6-10 CDs in about 10 minutes' time doing this. :kaoyatta:

(Note: Rhody, I finally got the Golden Sun CD! :D )

Skyblade
03-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Speaking of the Golden Sun CD, I picked it up earlier, and was really looking forward to adding it to my music, when I ran into a brick wall. I cannot for the life of me find a way to add a song to a stage! I know how to increase the frequency that a song plays on a stage, but how do I add a new song? I do not want to be stuck listening to the Golden Sun music in only the Frigate Orpheon (why that is the only stage it plays in as a default is beyond me, I would've guessed it would be in Fire Emblem)! Anyone know how to change the songs that play on a stage, rather than just adjusting frequency each song plays?

Momiji
03-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Speaking of the Golden Sun CD, I picked it up earlier, and was really looking forward to adding it to my music, when I ran into a brick wall. I cannot for the life of me find a way to add a song to a stage! I know how to increase the frequency that a song plays on a stage, but how do I add a new song? I do not want to be stuck listening to the Golden Sun music in only the Frigate Orpheon (why that is the only stage it plays in as a default is beyond me, I would've guessed it would be in Fire Emblem)! Anyone know how to change the songs that play on a stage, rather than just adjusting frequency each song plays?

You can't change the songs on the preset stages, just the frequency of them. You can, however, set the songs on your custom stages.

And it's Norfair it plays on, isn't it?

Skyblade
03-22-2008, 10:39 PM

You can't change the songs on the preset stages, just the frequency of them. You can, however, set the songs on your custom stages.

And it's Norfair it plays on, isn't it?

Yeah, I meant Norfair, sorry.

Well, that kind of ruins the whole point for me. I was looking forward to picking my own music and listening to my favorite songs on my favorite stages. So much for that.

Roto13
03-23-2008, 04:24 AM

Not true. I figured out a different way of doing it using your stage, roto. Play as Dedede, and stand in the bottom left corner. Press A. Hold A. Pick up CDs as soon as possible and stickers when they accumulate. I got around 6-10 CDs in about 10 minutes' time doing this. :kaoyatta:

Dedede is a powerhouse so even his neutral A attack is really strong. :P Try it with Meta Knight, though. You won't have as much luck.

Anyway YAY Golden Sun music. It's in a really odd stage, though. Blah. At least the Metroid stages don't suck this time around.

Momiji
03-23-2008, 04:30 AM

Dedede is a powerhouse so even his neutral A attack is really strong. :P Try it with Meta Knight, though. You won't have as much luck.

Anyway YAY Golden Sun music. It's in a really odd stage, though. Blah. At least the Metroid stages don't suck this time around.

I made a really huge stage with the Golden Sun music. I might send it later.

Roto13
03-23-2008, 04:36 AM
I added that music to the factory stage. Something to keep me occupied while I'm sticker farming. :P

Momiji
03-23-2008, 04:44 AM
I added that music to the factory stage. Something to keep me occupied while I'm sticker farming. :P

Yeah, I can only take so much of 'Butter Building'. >_>

KentaRawr!
03-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey, Roto, I'll send you a few stages of mine a bit later. :3 Tell me what you think of them! (And also, if you could send them to me, that would be great.)

Roto13
03-23-2008, 09:37 PM
You know, when I sent some stages to Jussie-poo, your name wasn't on the list of people I could send to. (Actually, he was the only person on my list. xP) I believe we need to have our Wii friends codes AND Brawl friend codes registered. I'm 99% sure I registered both of yours. :P

KentaRawr!
03-23-2008, 09:58 PM
I know I have your Wii Friend Code, for sure. I'm pretty sure I registered your Brawl friend code, but the last time I checked (around last week), you still hadn't registered me in Brawl.

Roto13
03-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Apparently I'm a big liar and I hadn't registered you in Brawl at all. Whoops. I just did, but your name didn't show up on the list of people I can send to. You might have to connect one more time for it to show up.

EDIT: Wait, what's your name in Brawl?

KentaRawr!
03-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah, that's probably it. I'll connect a bit later.

Roto13
03-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Answer my edit. D:

KentaRawr!
03-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Ocin. :p But my brother may have changed it to Nano like the silly old fool he is.

Roto13
03-23-2008, 10:51 PM
If you're Nano then I was right the first time and you're on my list. xP

Behold the Void
03-23-2008, 10:57 PM
So is it just me or is Lucas objectively better than Ness in every possible way except the Meteor Smash and PK Fire?

KentaRawr!
03-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Prepare to see Ocin instead, then.

I Took the Red Pill
03-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Too bad I'm not willing to B-Stick, because if I was, Lucas would literally be unstoppable with his 'Disconnect Jump' deal. Never having to use PKT as recovery would be nice, but not willing to part with my C-Stick. :monster:

ljkkjlcm9
03-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Too bad I'm not willing to B-Stick, because if I was, Lucas would literally be unstoppable with his 'Disconnect Jump' deal. Never having to use PKT as recovery would be nice, but not willing to part with my C-Stick. :monster:

great, people are already finding glitches to manipulate and become a new group of Smash Bros Elitists and publish a new tier list.

Why can't people just play the damn game...

THE JACKEL

Roto13
03-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Goddammit, Kentarou. I got the stages you sent me but you're still not showing up on my list for some stupid reason. :(

KentaRawr!
03-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Goddammit, Kentarou. I got the stages you sent me but you're still not showing up on my list for some stupid reason. :(

That makes no sense at all! You should be looking for Ocin now, though. I changed my name.

These are the names that could be in that list:

Ocin
Nico
Nano
Rivera?

I don't know about that last one. >_> It's what I nick-named my Wii. Nico and Ocin are names I've used online, but I only used Nico once and then switched to Ocin. Nano is what my brother did.

Edit: Jackal, they are playing the game. They just aren't playing it the way you are.

Momiji
03-24-2008, 02:19 AM
So is it just me or is Lucas objectively better than Ness in every possible way except the Meteor Smash and PK Fire?

Lucas' forward smash is slightly weaker than Ness' bat. Other than that, Lucas is much better.

Roto13
03-24-2008, 02:33 AM
A lot of Lucas' moves are slower than Ness'.

Kentarou, when I checked earlier, you were still Nano. Maybe we need to actually play online first. xP The only person on my list is Momiji, and we played online. Though I'm just clutching at straws here. xD