PDA

View Full Version : Defining moments in your life.

snacks
03-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Hi!

Is there a moment you can search back in your life, that defined who you are/who you will become? Or anything that changed your life in such a way that you know you are stronger/better or will get that way?

The defining moment for me was my surgery. I'd never had surgery before and I was pretty scared, but I wouldn't trade feeling the way I do now (completely awesome) to the way I felt before. (Not being able to eat anything, feeling sick all the time etc etc.)

So how about you?

Madame Adequate
03-12-2008, 02:04 AM
When I officially changed my name and destroyed the pathetic, pitiful victim I used to be, in favor of someone at least mildly worthwhile.

Peegee
03-12-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm not trying to be pretentious or anything like that, but my first girlfriend actually managed to cause a zeitgeist shift in my thinking (zeitgeist in this sense meaning 'a particular world view which is prevalent at a particular period'). Suffice to say my world was turned upside down after I realized what had happened.

Other than that, nothing comes to mind, as it was pretty steady enough that I didn't notice any change until it was too late.

Captain Maxx Power
03-12-2008, 03:06 AM
Probably when I quit my first Uni. I had a mini nervous breakdown that affects me to this day.

Araciel
03-12-2008, 04:33 AM
I can't think of a single one.

Vyk
03-12-2008, 04:39 AM
Nothing that changed me in a good way. Probably not a good idea to throw out there anything that had an adverse effect on me :}

blackmage_nuke
03-12-2008, 05:28 AM
The day I joined Eoff :monster:

Did i use the monster right?

Madame Adequate
03-12-2008, 05:30 AM

Top marks

Strawberry_Mew
03-12-2008, 05:31 AM
When I wuz 14 I had Scoliosis its curving of the spine. I had 45 degree angle so I had to have Back Surgery that wuz something major in my life. Not being able to bend over or run and do all the fun stuff growing up sux for like 6 months. So anymore when I have to do something like go to the dent or etc I tell myself I can do anything after being through that.! I feel pretty proud of myself!

Aerith's Knight
03-12-2008, 06:17 AM
the day i got my first stalker..

and no, im not joking.

CimminyCricket
03-12-2008, 07:41 AM
The day I graduated from boot camp.

Markus. D
03-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Tomorow, March the 13th x_x;

Kirobaito
03-12-2008, 09:00 AM

Actually it's not quite as :monster: as you might think. I mean, in my case (I'm not claiming EoFF as my answer, though), the way an online community opens you up to the world outside outside of your own town, or, indeed, your nation (as I had never really given a thought to non-Americans prior to EoFF...), is really quite a phenomenal thing.

But my answer, honestly, is when I started listening to John Denver, in May of 2004. Not so much that in itself, but the musical experience that has lead me through, listening to what I really wanted to instead of what was on the radio. I discovered an entirely different, and powerful, even life-changing, musical and cultural world that has, more than any other thing I've experienced, has shaped the way I think, feel, and live today. I would not be playing the guitar for people today were it not for John Denver. And despite the fact that I've grown to enjoy other artists more, I still get comments that he is who I most remind people of, musically, anyway.

Cloudane
03-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Hmmmmmmmm......

Does playing FF7 count? :p *runs and hides*

I'd say, when I stopped letting people walk all over me and found a better job. (And here's me risking it, oh well back to work!) But yeah, that was a sort of change of attitude for me. I'm still "nice", just don't let people exploit it.

Caraliz
03-12-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm going to say an event that WILL change my life, and that's when I come to terms with my childhood and my personality disorder and I won't let it control my life anymore.

Also, I guess, something that changed me was forgiving the person who had wronged me most. Relationships can mend your heart but they can also smurf up your life.

LunarWeaver
03-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Probably when I quit my first Uni. I had a mini nervous breakdown that affects me to this day.

Something similar to this happened to me as well. I packed up and ran off to a college in a huge city, only to have this major nervous breakdown.

One day when :skull::skull::skull::skull: was hittin' that old fan, I decided to quit everything and take time to analyze myself. I figured out I'm not the person I kept trying to be. From that moment forward I've been going uphill.

Montoya
03-13-2008, 09:20 AM
The time I broke up with my ex, I got bitter about relationships and people pretending to like each other. That's just me at the moment, I know that it won't be me for long.

Blue Harvest
03-13-2008, 12:58 PM
My first girlfriend. Before I met her I was a complete smeghead. I hated everyone and everything. Now a lot of people say I'm the nicest person they know :D

Balzac
03-13-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm going to say an event that WILL change my life, and that's when I come to terms with my childhood and my personality disorder and I won't let it control my life anymore.

Also, I guess, something that changed me was forgiving the person who had wronged me most. Relationships can mend your heart but they can also smurf up your life.

So when you said I changed your life forever, you lied? :P

As for me, it was when I saw Luxo Junior for the first time. That was when I wanted to be a 3d artist, and now I am. I'm living the dream. Though it isn't as dreamy as people think. :/