PDA

View Full Version : Instant Messenger doesn't like pictures apparently

Bahamut2000X
03-12-2008, 05:12 AM
So I'm trying to do some photo exchanging with a friend over both AIM and Y!M, and yet sadly in both cases it won't give. On AIM it gives us the error that the other can't do photo exchanges with their version, but we both have the same most up to date AIM. As for Y!M it allows us to exchange, however they can't view them, the images are buggered for them and don't come out right.

So if any more technological savvy person could help that would rock.

o_O
03-12-2008, 05:20 AM
You may need to forward the correct port range. I'm not sure if those IM clients use a different port to the one they use for chatting, but to be safe you should probably have both ends forward the port range 6891 to 6900. :p

And if you need help forwarding ports, try <a href="http://portforward.com">portforward.com</a>. :p

crono_logical
03-12-2008, 09:32 AM
You could fall back to the antiquated but well-tried method of emailing them back and forth :D

Vyk
03-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Transfers and chatting use different ports. Just to verify that :]

Roogle
03-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Are you able to transfer other file types like .zip or .exe?

Bahamut2000X
03-12-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm sure i can transfer other files types. It's mostly that we can't do the photo link up where we select photos to let the other view, neither of us gets the sent photos but we can view them in real time. It's a tad annoying as we have a few to show off, but downloading is a bit obnoxious a thing to do. But whenever they view the photo's on their end it's all 'grainy' they said, but when they put some up for me to see they seem perfectly fine on my end.

Vyk
03-12-2008, 10:06 PM
AIM calls it direct connect. Its convenient but it is glitchy for some reason

Edit: Sounds like you guys have different resolutions or color settings or sum'junk