PDA

View Full Version : The worst teacher you've ever had

Rianoa
03-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Mine has to be dr bekket she's a divorced loner with her companion henry her rabit that she talks about all the time she sent the whole class out today (excluding 6 people ) who was off an entire year with depression who came back to school with ear pircings up her ear.That doesnt make her a better or worse teacher her life and what not but she takes :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: out of the people she teaches and has a stress at you when you ask for help

Told you mine now who's your worst teacher and why ?

Flying Mullet
03-12-2008, 05:31 PM
One of my worst teachers, my biology teacher, loved to tell us about how she was on the pill, used a diaphragm, her husband used a condom and she still got pregnant and the baby came out wearing a suit of armor.

She thought it was funny, we just thought it was gross.

Rianoa
03-12-2008, 05:33 PM
One of my worst teachers, my biology teacher, loved to tell us about how she was on the pill, used a diaphragm, her husband used a condom and she still got pregnant and the baby came out wearing a suit of armor.

eww thats kinda un wanted info to hear about from your teacher or anyone really

Tallulah
03-12-2008, 11:16 PM
My one-time German teacher, Mr Harris. We hardly learned a thing of German, just a whole load of bullcrap (which I guess now was about 99% lies) about his Army days, and his girlfriend, a substitute teacher at the same school, who was apparently being sought after by the Australian Mafia, if there exists such a thing.

He also reckons his brother is Sean Harris, who is in the dedication of Chamber of Secrets. Hmmm :mad:

Vyk
03-12-2008, 11:54 PM
I had an art teacher who didn't know the difference between criticism and constructive criticism. But he did know boys from girls. Girls got bonus on grading curves. If they wore skirts they didn't even have to work. Great guy. Learned a lot about refining my talent. Not

He actually ruined the artist in me

Vivisteiner
03-13-2008, 12:01 AM

And thus Steiner was born.

rubah
03-13-2008, 03:37 AM
When I was in elementary school, the teacher announcing 'get your crayons, it's time for ART' was something that thrilled the heart. I loved the art teacher.

When I had her again in high school, her presence was smothering. It might have had to do with how I not only had her for art, but also quiz bowl and study hall, and how she's the type of person that will guilt and guilt and guilt a body into doing something.

Besides, her view of art was pretty limited to the classics, and she was disdainful of more modern movements aside from an introduction to them because they are now considered 'real art'. Or rather, she picked and chose the modern art styles she felt worthy of teaching. The assignments were very half-baked as well.

Or in essence, she taught how to render, but not how to see.

JaytodaP
03-28-2008, 02:05 AM
My Biology teacher currently. She likes to give us projects, then make fun of them in front of the whole class. She doesnt like me really because i was talking crap about her to my friend in homeroom..... she was right behind me. She very much deserved it though. She rushes grades in the last minute, then calls us all stupid because no one has above a B-.

Shoeberto
03-28-2008, 09:48 PM

There was a female teacher, who despite me not having, loved to come into my Chem II class and bitch at that teacher (I'll explain more on my chem II teacher in a bit) about how awful it was being pregnant, and how far dilated she was, and how the doctor wanted her to become more dilated by having sex with her husband which she refused to do. And it wasn't like, having a private conversation at the front of the class - it was standing in the door way while my teacher was at his desk, openly saying this stuff across the room. She was pretty much the most disgusting woman working there.

I had an art teacher who didn't know the difference between criticism and constructive criticism. But he did know boys from girls. Girls got bonus on grading curves. If they wore skirts they didn't even have to work. Great guy. Learned a lot about refining my talent. Not

He actually ruined the artist in me
Yeah... Algebra II was like that for me. He'd actually stop the entire class for half the period just to talk to the girls at his desk. It probably would've been that way in geometry the next year if he wasn't forced to resign two weeks in due to sexual harassment complaints. Whoops!

So, Chem II. Absolutely infuriating teacher. He didn't know :skull::skull::skull::skull: but acted like he was the tits about everything. Everything he said had this cocky air, bragging about these immature and stupid things he'd done and expecting us to be impressed while we (a class of 8) just sort of awkwardly giggled while trying to hold in what was usually either shock or just annoyance. Like the time he smashed a kid's game boy with a hammer, or when he made a girl who got a chemical in her eye sit in her desk for the class period instead of going to the nurse/using the eye wash station to punish her for not wearing goggles (irony: later on he ended up getting chemicals in his eye while, lol, not wearing goggles). He ended up leaving and going down to Florida, he says because it has a great pilot community (he'd always talk about piloting planes), but really it was because he'd failed a mandatory Ohio teacher recertification exam like 3 times and, what do you know, Florida doesn't have one! Funny how that works.

The other worst teacher I'd had was actually one of his good friends. She was a chain smoker that complained about smoking laws all the time. She did yearbook and anyone who was in yearbook was automatically a saint to her, despite them all being lazy, worthless fucks who just wanted an easy credit. She'd let them out of the already easy tests (always open note; she'd give us time in class the day before to write down everything we needed, which was outlined plainly) because they'd spend the time we were supposed to be taking notes jacking off. She had a strong opinion that was pretty much always based on things that were just flat-out wrong. And she'd talk about how it was a college-level class and how important what she did was to the school when she was absolutely worthless and a horrible teacher. Hell, the yearbook from my junior year didn't even come out until this year. Keep in mind I'm now a freshman in college.

Woodinator
04-02-2008, 05:16 AM
my algebra II teacher in highschool was horrible. She would never explain things properly and almost everyone was clueless as to what to do and she made it out to be our fault for not understanding the concept.. had her 3 years later my senior year for a computer class and nothing changed.

Then there was a french teacher I had the past two terms that I just couldn't stand. I have to confess that I learned a bit from her, but she was very unclear about many things and then wouldn't clarify on them. In fact, for tests she outright refused to tell us what would be on there and what format. She also had a demanding amount of work, about ten pages of reading a night at times of fairly complex literature and a long response to a prompt for each class. Granted this would be expected for a higher level class but the class was primarily freshmen in college. She also gave tests that were far too long for the time allotted (a test that would take normally 2 hours in a 1 hour tme span) and before I came she used to give tests that took 6 hours to complete. And to top it off, she basically determined your grade at the beginning of the year because she "toughened up her grading to match with increased skill" so basically you didn't have a sense of improvement as the year went on. (whew done)

and then theres the librarian at my highschool that no one liked. Not even faculty, because he was a real ass to students and teachers. He would give multiple detentions for stupid reasons such as skipping the pointless scandisc process if a computer was shutdown improperly. He would basically throw fits for obscure reasons and/or he just sat at his desk playing WoW all day.

Heath
04-02-2008, 10:43 AM
My biology teacher for years 10 and 11 was pretty poor. For the GCSE coursework, our school set aside a specific day during which we'd do the experiment, write the whole thing up and everything would be out the way handily. There was one of these in year 10 and two in year 11. The biology one was so irritatingly structured that everyone had to finish a section to move on so - naturally - not everyone finished on the day and had to finish it another time. We did the biology one in year 10 and didn't finish it until February of year 11 because the teacher either plain forgot to bring them in so we could finish them or said they were in his car and would get them later; and he never did. It did get finished in the end, but a week before the deadline.

Then there was the fact that he'd simply bugger off during lessons. He'd set us the work and then just disappear for 45 minutes of a 50 minute lesson. So we'd have to take notes without him and without any real teaching. At one point he had the nerve to shout at the class for not one person being able to label a heart correctly and I just thought the whole time "well, that's not a great reflection on your teaching really, is it?"

Towards the end of year 11 we got a fantastic student teacher called Mr. Newton who tried his best to pick up what our other teacher had simply failed to do, was really down to earth about things (even told us he cheated on his A-Level Physics - which I thought was pretty ironic given his surname). Basically most of what we learnt was down to him and the guy was even nice enough to throw an end of term party during our last lesson because he said he'd enjoyed teaching us. When exam results came back and they weren't as great in biology as the other sciences for our class, guess who our normal teacher blamed? The guy that actually tried to teach us. Pathetic.

Jessweeee♪
04-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I went to Catholic school in the first grade, and I had two mean teachers! I moved to Illinois on Halloween, though, so I didn't have to deal with the first one much. My second teacher I accidentally called Mrs. Crap, because that's what her name sounded like and I thought that was how it was pronounced. Luckily I realized my mistake before she heard me call her that xD

ANYWAY, I was in Catholic school, but I didn't know why Jesus died on the cross, so I asked her. Mrs. Crap got mad and said YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT >:O

She wouldn't teach me, though.

She called my parents in for conferences a lot, I was too young to understand why, though, so I don't really know. My parents are not a fan of Mrs. Crap, and neither are my cousins, who had to deal with her when my younger cousin had her the following year xD

Roto13
04-02-2008, 05:36 PM
I had a Math teacher in high school who was a real idiot. He didn't know what he was talking about and cared more about pretending to be his students' friend than teaching anything. I'm pretty sure he was a pedophile, too.

More to come when I'm not so hungry.

Avarice-ness
04-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Mine was in 4th grade.

At that time I was starting to suffer from the effects of my hair pulling disorder, and basically I wouldn't be able to control me slowly pulling out more and more hair.

Well, I was doing my homework with my elbow on my paper pulling at my hair and the teacher yells from her desk telling me to stop doing that and then asked me what kind of person did that then when I told her I couldn't control it she told me I was lying and sent me to the office.

To make matters worse, -all- my friends were in my class and they didn't know about my disorder until my teacher yelled at me for basically having it.

Luckly enough, my best friend's (who was in my class) mom was the principle of the school and with all the kids seeing this (and more specticules) she was fired by the end of the month.

She sucked. =[

The worst teacher TEACHING wise though..

Was my astronomy teacher from college last semester.

10 out of 14 failed her class, 8 of them ended up on scholastic probation BECAUSE of failing the class and 2 (including me) failed out of school for another year because of it.

Basically she'd give out powerpoint print out's that had 6 3 by 3 inch boxes on them with about 4 bulleted "information on them" which would be good for studying if it wasn't for this.

We weren't allowed to "memorize" facts from the book, we weren't allowed to take notes in class, and we weren't allowed to bring in recorders to class. Basically we had to make notes in the tiny 3 by 3 spaces about things like Nuclear reactions in the sun and then go home and try to remember what she said.

On the second exam, we had a question were we had to draw out the phases of the moon, and -everyone- got points off from the question because "we memorized it from the book". She says that memorizing the book isn't knowing it so -every- answers have to be in your own words even if it's a picture. So basically, we were suppose to read the book to understand it, then take an exam with 8 essay questions and have NONE of them be able to tie into the book which is the only thing that was teaching us anything.

It never felt like she was teaching once because basically the powerpoints she gave us, were what she used to "remember what to talk about" so the only time we felt -semi- safe about an exam question is when she'd go "Rigolith will be on the exam" and that's about it. Just know everything about rigolith that can't be memorized from a book and we're good.

If I would have dropped that class I would have had a 3.3 GPA instead of a 1.5 GPA. (Dropping Astronomy would have dropped me out of 3 other classes too, both which I was passing, which is why I didn't want to drop it. Philosophy was my favorite class and I would have dropped it. But that's what I get I guess)

ljkkjlcm9
04-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I had a Math teacher in high school who was a real idiot. He didn't know what he was talking about and cared more about pretending to be his students' friend than teaching anything. I'm pretty sure he was a pedophile, too.

More to come when I'm not so hungry.

oddly enough my AP physics teacher was kinda like that. He wasn't very good at teaching, and more often than not would ask me to explain things to him and/or the class. On top of that, two years after I graduated he was fired for sexually harassing the female students.

THE JACKEL

Jessweeee♪
04-03-2008, 12:49 AM
haha my health teacher gave us full credit just for doing the homework. Doesn't matter how poorly we did it.

For Example:

Watch the video. Write down fifty facts.

1. There is a lady in the video named Sue.
2. Sue smoked cigarettes.
3. Sue has lung cancer.
4. Sue has red hair.
5. She also wears a name tag for some reason.
...and so on.

(I keep wanting to spell "write" like "Wright.")

Yar
04-05-2008, 05:10 AM
I've only been mouthy with one teacher, and it was also the worst one I had ever had.

I about wanted to punch him. Such a retard. Ignorant bastard.

Arc_Master_14
04-05-2008, 05:34 AM
(I keep wanting to spell "write" like "Wright.")
I wright like that all the time
lol my algebra 2 teacher is the worst she gives tests and quizzes that no matter how much u prepare for it you fail or get a D

Araciel
04-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Mr Brown the shop teacher used to go out to drink a six-pack in his car during class.

Come to think of it, he was the BEST teacher..

Arc_Master_14
04-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Mr Brown the shop teacher used to go out to drink a six-pack in his car during class.

Come to think of it, he was the BEST teacher..
Lol My 8th grade social studies teacher name was Mr brown he was awesome lol he actually make people talk while he was (just quietly though) but it was because hed tweak if it was silent lol that class was awesome

Krelian
04-05-2008, 12:42 PM
My worst teacher was my sixth grade politics teacher. We didn't learn a thing about politics and he was constantly reciting a line from the German basic law, "Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar." (Human dignity is inviolable). He would say that line whenever he found a chance, appropriate or not appropriate. I was always wondering how he managed to become a teacher in the first place.
He also didn't really take a look at our homework, you could show him anything and he thought it was the homework and checked it.