PDA

View Full Version : Camera angles during a battle...

Lightning Hunter
03-13-2008, 03:25 AM
I've been playing all the way through FFVII for the first time (I only ever got to the Gold Saucer during my first playthrough). Everything about the game is incredibly easy, except for one VERY annoying problem... Every now and then, the camera will show your characters at a side view during a battle. The problem with this is, I can't for the life of me tell which character I am casting spells on! If someone dies and I'm trying to use life on them for example, I will accidentally cast it on someone else, because I can't freakin' tell who the arrow is on. The character on the end will block the view of everyone else due to the bad camera angle. Is there a way to rotate the camera during battle at all, or a better way to tell who the stinking cursor is on? Argh... I just now used a remedy on the wrong character twice. It doesn't help that they change the keypad orientation for different angles.

CimminyCricket
03-13-2008, 03:54 AM
Nope, but at the bottom, where the character names are, the game will highlight/point at the character you've selected to perform the action on.

Lightning Hunter
03-13-2008, 04:45 AM
Nope, but at the bottom, where the character names are, the game will highlight/point at the character you've selected to perform the action on.

I thought I looked down there and saw the fight screen covering it, buy maybe I was wrong. I'll look again. I wonder what Squaresoft was thinking when they made that camera view?

oddler
03-13-2008, 05:21 AM
Also, you can press Select in battle to toggle the information window above the status and command windows. It'll tell you who you're targeting. :choc2:

Lightning Hunter
03-13-2008, 06:07 AM
Also, you can press Select in battle to toggle the information window above the status and command windows. It'll tell you who you're targeting. :choc2:

You know what? I always use that information window when I find new monsters, so I can see what their names are - but then turn it off right away so I can see more of the battle. I didn't think about using it to see which character I was targeting. Thanks for that tip. :p