PDA

View Full Version : Someone at Square definitely thought this out

Megalixir
03-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Ok, so one day I was thinking,

"Hey, if I left my Highwind at Cactus Island, used my Gold Chocobo to ge back to the stables, and released all my chocobos, would the game be unable to progress?"

and I think that would be the case.

Cause you can catch Good Chocobos around the Gold Saucer (which you can get to from Junon, the boat still works)

and your 2 Good Chocobos, with Carob nut purchased from the Gold Saucer, at 200 gp a pop, would get you your Green, Blue, and Black chocobos,

And so you go catch your Wonderful Chocobo

but,

how do you get your Zeio nut?

Youre stuck..

Necronopticous
03-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Don't do that.

Megalixir
03-13-2008, 08:18 AM
oh im SO going to

edit:

you would really only have to release your Gold chocobo and sell your Zeio nut supply.
and already have beaten ruby weapon. then youre stuck.
or just do it on disc 2.

i should mention this to somebody.
like call customer support or something and be like "yeah im stuck,"

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

blackmage_nuke
03-13-2008, 01:23 PM
I think the game is too old for them to care.

Cloudane
03-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Haha, I never thought of that. Guess you'd be a bit stuck. Don't go overwriting your perfect game with it eh :)

CimminyCricket
03-13-2008, 02:00 PM
xD

Roto13
03-13-2008, 03:18 PM
This idea intrigues me. xP

CimminyCricket
03-13-2008, 03:24 PM
It's too bad I'm too lazy to get a Gold Chocobo, otherwise, I'd have tried this already.

Cloudane
03-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Just got my gold chocobo last night, so I might try it tonight. I'll be careful not to save afterwards though :p

Megalixir
03-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Just got my gold chocobo last night, so I might try it tonight. I'll be careful not to save afterwards though :p

or at least a seperate file

Dr. Acula
03-15-2008, 05:07 AM
You have WAAAY too much time on your hands.

leejihoon
03-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Objection.

How do you plan to get a Great Chocobo for your green and blue?

Cloudane
03-16-2008, 02:38 AM
Well I landed on some remote island, let the gold chocobo go, and indeed I couldn't find any way out of it!

Got bored and went back to finishing the game. But I'm thinking maybe if you're kitted/levelled up enough and not killed it already, you could catch a standard chocobo and ride it into Ruby Weapon, then defeat that and get another gold one from the guy in Kalm. Not sure though.

Megalixir
03-16-2008, 06:05 AM
yeah you could,
but if you had already done so
or are on disc 2,
youre stuck.

leejihoon
03-16-2008, 10:30 AM
I dunno about the various coloured ones, but plain chocobos definately can't walk on the desert.

Maybe the black, or even blue or green can. Not sure. But the only one I know for sure can is gold.

Cloudane
03-16-2008, 04:24 PM
I think the green one can, but I'm not sure. BTW you can get a great chocobo (for the green) from the gold saucer area I think, instead of Mideel. Don't know for sure without looking it up.

But yeah, on disc 2 or after already defeating Ruby and letting both go (why?), you're screwed. Good job nobody is stupid enough to do that eh :D

Big D
03-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Interesting idea... but thankfully it sounds like something that's really unlikely to happen by accident, so the only people who'll be affected by it are the ones who're trying to do it.

Heh... I just imagined the characters on the Highwind, plotting their next move, and Cloud making an earnest argument that they should abandon the airship, ride back to the stables, then let their chocobos go. The other characters wouldn't really react too well to that:p

Sarc the Swordsman
03-17-2008, 03:03 AM
I don't even think that would happen by accident, and anyone who does it on purpose knows what they're getting themselves into anyway...so I guess anyone who ends up stuck has themselves to blame. xD

Jessweeee♪
03-17-2008, 05:10 AM
DO IT xD

f f freak
03-17-2008, 06:43 PM
DO IT xD

And save over all of you're other files with this one instead.

Vivisteiner
03-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Who would be stupid enough to do that?

Anyway, lets try it...

Megalixir
03-18-2008, 02:31 AM
Heh... I just imagined the characters on the Highwind, plotting their next move, and Cloud making an earnest argument that they should abandon the airship, ride back to the stables, then let their chocobos go. The other characters wouldn't really react too well to that:p

hahahahahaha
oh man, im going to have to try and make a comicstrip out of that.

Grinn
03-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Sounds like something fun to do to screw up your friend's game file when he's in the bathroom.

Skyblade
03-19-2008, 08:53 PM
I didn't think there was anywhere in the game that was accessible to the Highwind that was only otherwise accessible through the Gold Chocobo (I'm fairly sure the Black Chocobo can get there too), but I'm curious to see if you can really get stuck there.

Big D
03-19-2008, 11:41 PM
I didn't think there was anywhere in the game that was accessible to the Highwind that was only otherwise accessible through the Gold Chocobo (I'm fairly sure the Black Chocobo can get there too), but I'm curious to see if it's you can really get stuck there.Goblin Island and Cactus Island both fit the bill, I think. They've got terrain that the Highwind can land on, but both are isolated in the ocean, so the Black Chocobo can't get there.