PDA

View Full Version : Could you sit on the toilet for two years?

Flying Mullet
03-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Sheriff: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080312/ap_on_re_us/woman_in_bathroom;_ylt=AlRHA.DSMEgyCIaXxPJiVUkDW7oF)
My god woman, what is wrong with you? If I get sucked into any reading materials my legs start to go numb after ten minutes. Why would you want to spend two years on the pooper?

Sergeant Hartman
03-13-2008, 02:44 PM
So I could make the news and be somewhat popular for a few minutes.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Sheriff: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080312/ap_on_re_us/woman_in_bathroom;_ylt=AlRHA.DSMEgyCIaXxPJiVUkDW7oF)
My god woman, what is wrong with you? If I get sucked into any reading materials my legs start to go numb after ten minutes. Why would you want to spend two years on the pooper?

Lol, I was pretty surprised when I heard about this to...:rolleyes2

Roto13
03-13-2008, 02:57 PM
My ass starts to hurt if I sit on the toilet for more than a few minutes. >_>

Rantz
03-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Holy crap.

... Maybe that was what she was going for.

Peegee
03-13-2008, 03:23 PM
-_-

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 03:26 PM
-_-

That's original PG son...:cool:

I wonder if she was reading a good book or something...:rolleyes2

CimminyCricket
03-13-2008, 03:29 PM
It shouldn't take anyone 2 years to read a book. And holy crap, how the hell does skin grown around something on the outside of the body, I mean, I've heard of cases where suck a thing has happened, but...A toilet seat? What in the world...

Cloudane
03-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Yikes. It'd have to be a very comfortable crapper.

Seems a bit... yuck.... I mean I'd feel dirty sat there for more than half an hour but to eat there? Sleep there? Never shower? Ergh. Not to mention that your bits would go a bit cold.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 03:35 PM
It shouldn't take anyone 2 years to read a book. And holy crap, how the hell does skin grown around something on the outside of the body, I mean, I've heard of cases where suck a thing has happened, but...A toilet seat? What in the world...

Well, obviously she wasn't too bright seating on the toilet for two years...are maybe it just seems that way...:rolleyes2

Aerith's Knight
03-13-2008, 03:44 PM

one book?

would have to be a woman with the IQ of 50 reading the bible..

CimminyCricket
03-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Ugh, I didn't even think about the not showering part, not even cool at all.

Edit: Wait! Sponge bath!

Jojee
03-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Gross... :eep:

Avarice-ness
03-13-2008, 03:52 PM
If you read on, the authorites are unsure if she's mentally disabled, and then someone who had known her since she was like six said:

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

So she prolly was mentally disabled, I mean, if he's -only- surprised by the slowness of the police call that means she had to have either done something like this before, or had the mental capacity to do something like this.

Either way, I wouldn't willingly sit on a toliet for that long.

Old Manus
03-13-2008, 04:21 PM
I wish I had time to sit on the toilet all day

Cloudane
03-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Believe me, some days at work, I've tried :D

It's a nice place to escape and be on your own for a bit. More than half an hour though, ugh. 2 years, mega-ugh.

Renmiri
03-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Ewwwwwwwwww.....

Good thing the BF finally called someone!

rubah
03-13-2008, 05:19 PM
How does it? It thinks that something is an intruder and tries to cover it up and kill it. That's why you have to put alcohol on new piercings and twist them etc. That's why splinters have skin grow up and disappear, etc.

Toilet seats cut into the skin typically, so it doesn't take a huge stretch of the imagination to think that it had grown a little embedded after two years.

CimminyCricket
03-13-2008, 05:45 PM
But a toilet seat? I mean I knew that small things would have skin grow over them, but what the hell?! A toilet seat?

escobert
03-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Who says on not on the toilet now?:tongue:

Raebus
03-13-2008, 05:49 PM
It's like a transformation of sorts or a combination used in card games.

"I combine the woman with the toilet seat to create Womanseat!"

Rantz
03-13-2008, 05:52 PM
I'd imagine it's a bit like the hungry tree phenomenon:

http://www.jonco48.com/blog/tree_20eats_20sign.jpg

Basically, stuff that grows doesn't really care if there's other stuff in the way.

Flying Mullet
03-13-2008, 05:53 PM
But a toilet seat? I mean I knew that small things would have skin grow over them, but what the hell?! A toilet seat?
If she was on a toilet seat for two years then she was basically inert and unless she ate a very balanced and healthy diet she gained a lot of weight, which would have aided in her bum enveloping the toilet seat.

CimminyCricket
03-13-2008, 06:24 PM
So disgusting, why do you have to know so much?

scrumpleberry
03-13-2008, 06:32 PM
She must have had a nervous breakdown on the loo, methinks. Poor woman. Poor boyfriend - let's hope he had another loo in his house!

escobert
03-13-2008, 06:42 PM
She must have had a nervous breakdown on the loo, methinks. Poor woman. Poor boyfriend - let's hope he had another loo in his house!

I know! what if it was the only one? That would suck so much xD

Breine
03-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Holy crap.

... Maybe that was what she was going for.

xD

Polaris
03-13-2008, 06:55 PM
"there was something wrong with his girlfriend,"

yeah right! No I'd never be on the toilet for 2 years! I mean wth she didn't have a life XD

Bahamut2000X
03-13-2008, 07:05 PM
My question is why didn't anyone notice when she vanished for 2 years in the toilet? And if they knew why the hell didn't THEY call the police?

Vyk
03-13-2008, 09:28 PM
She had a boyfriend? How do you have a relationship in the bathroom..

Araciel
03-13-2008, 09:32 PM
So did she get into Guinness or not?

CimminyCricket
03-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Wow, so many questions based on her liking her bathroom.

KentaRawr!
03-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Well, holy :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Wasn't there a portable Sims game?

rubah
03-13-2008, 10:20 PM
I didn't realize it until just now, but I just read hte Encyclopaedia Dramatica entry on "Shay" yesterday and this woman makes me think of her.

Momiji
03-14-2008, 12:37 AM

one book?

would have to be a woman with the IQ of 50 reading the bible..

"I-in th-...th-- what's that word?"

"The."

"In the begi- begin-begignig-- and that one?"

"Beginning."

Three months later...

"Me-met- met-who..."

"Methuselah."

Big D
03-14-2008, 01:44 AM
I'm pretty fucking appalled by a lot of the replies in this thread... to even get into a situation like that would require some combination of, if not all of:

* Serious mental illness or disability
* Morbid obesity
* Heart-wrenchingly callous apathy from friends and relatives
* A conscious decision by said friends and relatives to keep her there

~<i>for a very long period of time</i>.

For whatever reason or reasons, this woman has been suffering severely for two years, and even her "boyfriend" didn't see the need to do anything about it until just now. It's truly grotesque, and about as much of a 'laughing matter' as that thread about the Marines and their puppy.

Araciel
03-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Mental illness is the only part of that list that should have stopped her from choosing to get off if her boyfriend truly ASKED her daily to come out.

CimminyCricket
03-14-2008, 01:54 AM
I'm no longer confused as to how skin could possibly form around a toilet seat. Though now I am feeling a bit sick.

Big D
03-14-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm no longer confused as to how skin could possibly form around a toilet seat. Though now I am feeling a bit sick.A similar thing happens to dangerously obese people who become 'stuck' to a couch after sitting there so long. Their flesh eventually starts to mingle with, and grow around, the fibres of the cloth.

Yamaneko
03-14-2008, 02:10 AM
At least it was convenient.

CimminyCricket
03-14-2008, 04:38 AM
I'm no longer confused as to how skin could possibly form around a toilet seat. Though now I am feeling a bit sick.A similar thing happens to dangerously obese people who become 'stuck' to a couch after sitting there so long. Their flesh eventually starts to mingle with, and grow around, the fibres of the cloth.

Now that you've mentioned it, I remember hearing about his happening to people.
Do you think the same could work for clothing? I mean, if someone wears...the same socks and underwear, since for the most part they're form fitting, for a long time, will the body work itself in with the fabric?

Big D
03-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Do you think the same could work for clothing? I mean, if someone wears...the same socks and underwear, since for the most part they're form fitting, for a long time, will the body work itself in with the fabric?Normally, people move around enough that their clothing wears out or rots into nothing if it's worn for long periods. This happens to homeless people sometimes.

If you were to sit in one place wearing the same clothes, then it might presumably happen if you kept gaining weight, or if you were young and still growing.

Blue Harvest
03-14-2008, 04:15 PM
The longest I've sat upon the porcelain throne is when playing Final Fantasy III DS. So about 45 minutes.

Phew. I was afraid I was the only person who plays DS games on the can :rolleyes2

rubah
03-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Isn't the reason nintendo built the DS was so that japanese business men could spend enough time on their talking automated toilets to make up the cost?

Flying Mullet
03-14-2008, 04:27 PM
The longest I've sat upon the porcelain throne is when playing Final Fantasy III DS. So about 45 minutes.

Phew. I was afraid I was the only person who plays DSGBA games on the can :rolleyes2
I still don't have a DS. :cry:

Blue Harvest
03-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Poor Mullet :p

*Waves DS in front of screen*