View Full Version : Dark Cloud 2

Realm25
03-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Good game? bad game? why?

Discuss.

Roto13
03-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Darl Cloud. :P

I played Darl Cloud 1 and I didn't enjoy it at all. Too repetitive. I haven't tried number 2.

Raebus
03-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Dark cloud 2 is far better than the first, give it a try.

Breine
03-13-2008, 02:56 PM
I never really played Dark Cloud 1 other than a demo, but I own and have completed Dark Cloud 2 and it's a great game. I guess you can kinda compare it to Zelda because it's action/adventure/RPG and it also has dungeons (although there are lots more in DC2, and there's more action and not really that much puzzle solving). Level-5 is a great team, and I'd also like to play Rogue Galaxy some day.

Anyway, it's a brilliant game that'll keep you playing for hours on end.

Alucard von Elru
03-13-2008, 03:53 PM
I really need to get around to buying Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle. I played a bit of a friend's copy and it was immensely beautiful and fluid. Just the bit I got to sample seemed so far beyond the original game it's ridiculous.

Bahamut2000X
03-13-2008, 04:40 PM
I played Dark Cloud 1 and got stuck on the final boss. The game was ok, it had a nifty rebuild the world element, but the rest of the game was a bit lacking.

Dark Cloud 2 was much better but still was a little kiddy I felt and I disliked that part of it, but the rest of the story and characters were pretty well done. I enjoyed the time elements of not just rebuilding the world but also affecting the future of different locations. The combat was also a lot better, I just wish they had another party member or 2 just to add a bit extra to combat, it was a bit obnoxious with 2 so if they died fast you were screwed. I always liked the first Dark Cloud for at least giving us 6 flat characters who at least we could dungeon crawl well with.

NeoCracker
03-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Dark Cloud 2 is an amazing game.

My Favorite Chapter was Crest, The Great Sage.

overal story isn't bad, but it's the Chapter by Chapter ones that I though were amazing.

Good story, great system for leveling, (You onlty level and Synthesize weapons, and you boost your Defense with Potatoe Pies/Witch Parfettes, and defense with apples.) This is a great game for both Action adventure and RPG fans alike.

Ouch!
03-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Aside from the usual plot-holes associated with time travel, Dark Cloud 2 is a fantastic game, certainly better than the original (which I thought was a fairly decent game on its own). I'm a huge fan of the world rebuilding aspects of both games. I never really got into the fishing mini-game in DC2, but I loved it in the original.

Momiji
03-14-2008, 12:11 AM
I never finished Dark Cloud 2, but I enjoyed the first one as well.

Realm25
03-14-2008, 11:37 AM
the thing I'm stuck on, is that after getting to chapter 3, the whole rebuilding of towns thing seems like a chore for me. You have to meet certain requirements before moving on, like moving in certain people to certain houses, etc. Stuff like that drags me down. Another example would be the scoop/picture taking aspect, again, seems like a chore I'd rather not do. Aside from that, so far it's a decent game.